[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Does suffering make you more mature/stronger?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 1

File: 6348988.jpg (311KB, 900x641px) Image search: [Google]
6348988.jpg
311KB, 900x641px
Does suffering make you more mature/stronger?
>>
>>35621458
only if you learn something from it
>>
Not directly, but it accustoms you to the pain necessary for positive character development.
>>
>>35621458
If that were the case this board wouldn't be full of whiny manbabies
>>
>>35621458
Depends on how you handle it.
>>
What doesn't kill you only makes you stranger!
>>
>>35621458
it makes you more serious. you dont take life as a joke anymore, you realize theres consequences. Adulthood is about taking responsibilities and being independent.
>>
>>35621612
Maybe people in this board haven't really suffered?

Makes you think.
>>
>>35621612
see>>35621642

AlsoOriginalio!
>>
>>35621811

Fuck you.

I became deaf at 25, literally the prime of life. Don't tell me I haven't suffered.
>>
>>35621458
I believe it almost entirely depends on "what you suffer from".

"Suffering" is too broad of a term to use in a general sense.

What's all the "suffering" worth in the end if the thing you suffer from hinders you to get anywhere in life on this planet? Constantly. Physical, mental or whatever.
>>
Suffering leads to a forked road. Some people grow wiser, some people grow cynical, and some people implode. Or a mixture of those and many more possibilities. The way you react depends on a complex interaction of your genetics, environment, upbringing, nutrition, psychology,. So does it make you more mature/stronger? Sometimes.
>>
>>35621458
Nope. You make yourself mature/stronger
>>
>>35621458
Go to Google scholar
Search for post-traumatic growth.
>>
>>35621868
Sorry that happened to you anon. I have very bad hearing but I couldn't imagine what it'd be like if it was taken entirely. Hope things have gotten better for you in some way since
>>
NO.

NO.

NO, NO, NO!

What doesn't kill you leaves you broken.

There's no such thing as tough love.

You don't help someone by hurting them, that's moronic.

You help them by HELPING THEM.

Is it really that hard to understand this basic concept?

If suffering was a good thing we wouldn't hate it so much.

We hate things that are bad for us.

We like things that are good for us.

THAT IS HOW EVOLUTION WORKS.
>>
>>35621868
can you still imagine music in your mental space

>never gonna give you up, never gonna let you down
>>
>>35622145

I can still remember older music ie the beat and whatnot but anything new I have no understanding. I can still feel the beats on my skull but what is actually going on is lost to me.

>>35621993

Well somehow I have a gf who understands the difficulties of it and is willing to work with it so I guess so.
>>
>>35621458
humans experience things in relation to each other. If you have suffered badly, it kind of sets the bar so that minor inconveniences do not bother you as much.
Stress, however, can literally make you autistic, as cortisol shrinks the part of your brain that is responsible for being social and learning new things
I mean meme autistic, not actual autistic which is something vastly different
>>
>>35621868
May life provide a cure for your ailment.

Godspeed, anon.
>>
>>35622107
>We hate things that are bad for us.
>We like things that are good for us.

Then how do you explain why procrastination, drug addiction, and obesity are so common?
>>
>>35622107
>tfw this is most likely universally true
>tfw you realize that for millennia, humans and the societies they built around them are structurally completely against their mutual striving and wellbeing
>>
>>35622796

The only cure is very expensive implants in the base of my skull that would be wired to my brain.

Btw I am using this thread as an AMA thread now/
>>
>>35622858
Could be coping meachanisms against structural inhumane societies and living conditions.

Hence common in the current (((System))).
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.