[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do I become a funny guy?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 4

File: 1489634652552.jpg (18KB, 409x410px) Image search: [Google]
1489634652552.jpg
18KB, 409x410px
How do I become a funny guy?
>>
>>35620738
You can't, this website has developed a sense of humor for you that doesn't translate well into reality
>>
>>35620738
steal other people jokes
>>
>>35620738
You crack jokes at the bar with your mafia buddies
>>
>>35620738
>How do I become a funny guy?
funny how? like a clown?
>>
I'm genuinely funny but just a few years ago I was dull and miserable. Reading Discworld helped a lot, but I'm not sure what my exact change was. Something just clicked and I understood the laugh code.
>>
>>35620819
>I'm genuinely funny

Tell me a joke
>>
>>35620822
Just snap a pic of your weiner and I'll show you a joke
>>
>>35620852
Haha, but seriously
>>
>>35620852
That joke was fucking terrible yet I still chuckled
>>
>>35620822
You need to give me some kind of input to twist around and insert properly into an ongoing conversation. It's best with an established social group that talks for long periods. It's a matter of observing and chewing on what they say and then, when the comedic timing is right, spit it out.
>>
>>35620822
>be me
>give you the succ
>mfw
>>
>>35620887
Oh also making humor from nothing is really fucking hard. I don't write humor for that reason, better minds than me struggle with it. Standup is easy mode.
>>
>>35620887
This is factual. Memorizing funny jokes is useful but doesn't make you funny.
>>
>>35620738

Humor like most things is usually learned and comes from practice

If you're asking how to stop being boring, then you have to realise no one is really boring, it's just that people seem boring when they havent learned how to be honest about their vulnerabilities
>>
File: 1479507880385.jpg (130KB, 766x864px) Image search: [Google]
1479507880385.jpg
130KB, 766x864px
>>35620781
This is good advice.

Also OP, a good format for a joke's structure is to open with something emotionally charged/controversial, and diffuse the built up energy with the comedic release.

>You: Did you hear that the secret service is no longer allowed to say "get down" during an emergency?

>Other person: What? Why?

>You: They have to say " Donald, Duck!"

Since the presidency is a hot topic which many people have a strong emotional opinion about, during the initial statement they will project whatever confirmation bias they have onto the statement.
ie: Trump is a pompous idiot, or liberals forced them to change their policy.
Of course keep your audience in mind, this joke will be less effective on people who don't give a shit about politics.
The initial statement should be slightly ridiculous but still believable.

Sexual jokes are a safe bet for laughs. "That's what she said" jokes are a good staple.

Be careful not to overdo it with joking, the best time for a joke is at the beginning of an interaction to set the tone, great way to break the ice. Afterwards insert jokes intermittently, the ideal times being when they are unexpected.
>>
>>35620750
>a sense of humor for you that doesn't translate well into reality
I'm realizing this more and more lately.
>>
>>35620738
Shitpost IRL.
When someone says something you agree with, hiss "This" with an autistic grin on your face, while showing them a print of one of your reaction images.
>>
>>35620738
>trying to be funny
has to come natural op.
>>
File: 1489772792959.gif (2MB, 446x324px) Image search: [Google]
1489772792959.gif
2MB, 446x324px
>>35620738
none of you fat nerds are funny.
id funny guy by saying shit like gee its pathetic that grown ass men watch anime. that offends losers, which are you, and makes working class people approve so its quality comedy.

Since you got no social status you are the joke not the funny guy. The weirdo we all cringe at.
>>
>>35621318
JohnnyNeptune plz go
>>
File: 1486503577709.jpg (34KB, 433x334px) Image search: [Google]
1486503577709.jpg
34KB, 433x334px
>>35620750

oh that's why the girl I fancy doesn't like the memes I send her.
>>
>>35620750
fml why is this so true
>>
>>35620822
send me a pic of your feetsies and ill give you a real knee slapper
>>
>>35620738

Funny is simply code for charismatic. I have a good amount and can make a lot of people laugh saying the most stupid shit ever... your body language, tone, and facial expressions do it all.

Don't try to force it. Either you have it or you don't.
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.