[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Did they ever unchain Prometheus? it seems excessive to keep

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 4

File: Prometheus clarisse on emaze.jpg (134KB, 1134x807px) Image search: [Google]
Prometheus clarisse on emaze.jpg
134KB, 1134x807px
Did they ever unchain Prometheus?

it seems excessive to keep him chained up for so long just for stealing fire from Olympus.
>>
>>35615199
#freeprometheus
He dindu nuffin he wuz good boi, damned whitey gods
>>
What part of eternity dont you understand
>>
>>35615311

maybe they realized the punishment was too much and decided to free him. They can't be angry forever.
>>
>>35615311
They are angry forever
Prometheus destroyed them
>>
You ever read any Greek Mythology before?
The Ancient Grecian Gods were depicted as being colossal, bitchy, backstabbing, petulant assholes who'd probably fare better on an episode of Geordie Shore than in Godhood. This would not be seen as excessive by any standards.

You should read the tale of Arachne. She was a mortal weaver of great talent whom many said had been taught by Athena herself. Athena, upon hearing this, approached Arachne in the disguise of an old woman and challenged her to a tapestry contest. When Arachne won Athena threw a bitchfit and was all like "Psych bitch I'm motherfucking Athena", and turned her into a spider, cursed to weave webs for all eternity, hence the name 'Arachnid'.
>>
wasn't prometheus a mutant freak who wanted to take over the whole shit, fuck that guy he thought he was better than everyone else
>>
>>35615606
Prometheus created man and stole fire from the gods to give to us.
>>
>>35615199
>Prometheus
ears later, the Greek hero Heracles (Hercules) slays the eagle and frees Prometheus from the eagle's torment.

Because reading wiki is soooo hard
>>
>>35615620
he was a creation himself from like 7 different dudes or some shit
>>
>>35615508
The Greek gods/goddesses truly were a bunch of petty autistic divas.
>>
>>35615199
Didn't Hercules rescued him at some point?
>>
>>35615508
I like the story of Medusa. Priestess of Athena (think it was Athena) got raped by Poseidon in the temple. Athena then cursed Medusa into being a gorgon, despite being completely innocent. That's right, she cursed a rape victim, rather than doing literally anything towards Poseidon for violating not just her priestess but also her temple.

Now the interesting interpretation is that this is supposed to be seen as a gift from Athena, because Medusa being so ugly means she would never be raped again, so this is considered a gift. However in other interpretations, yeah, Athena is just a petty bitch who is pissed at what happened and takes it out on the victim, and possibly is jealous even.
>>
File: 1446335058128.png (294KB, 392x714px) Image search: [Google]
1446335058128.png
294KB, 392x714px
>it's a "Zeus goes around raping" myth
>it's a "Heracles being shoehorned into every myth imaginable" myth
>it's a "Perseus becoming a forced meme to dominate mythology on behalf of the Athenian Empire" myth
>it's a Cassandra gets ignored again myth
>it's a "Hades has terrible security" myth
>it's a "Cretans are fucking pirates and awful people" myth
>it's a "muh people are autochthonous and here's proof of it" myth
>>
>>35616244
>>35615508

Interestingly enough Greek gods were based off of the characteristics of people, unlike others such as Romans who had more materialistic views. Humans were seen as the defiant subjects of an overzealous ruler, which is what many Greek deities (especially the main 12) viewed reality as. Still by far the most diva bastards to have ever been thought up though.
>>
>>35616346
Kek. I really think you discovered the key to writing greek mythology. Too bad you're a couple thousand years late tho, probably could have made a comfy living out of that.
>>
>>35616439
>Too bad you're a couple thousand years late tho

Bitch please. I'm releasing my unauthorised addition to the Trojan Cycle within the decade.
>>
>>35616477
>non canonical
Heathen! Oh, wait...
>>
File: get_it.jpg (4KB, 164x164px) Image search: [Google]
get_it.jpg
4KB, 164x164px
>>35615199

Prometheus found a way to get freed by telling Zeus a secret: that Thetis would give birth to a son "greater than his father".

At the time Zeus was after Thetis, so he had to give up on her and to free Prometheus, by sending Heracles to do the deed.

Now, would be funny if Prometheus lied to Zeus - killing two birds with one stone.
>>
>>35615199
Cover Your heavens, Zeus,
With cloud vapor
And try Your strike, as a boy
Beheading thistles,
Against oaken tree and mountain height;
You still must leave me
My Earth standing
And my hut which You did not build,
And my hearth, home's glowing
Fire which You begrudge me.

I know of nothing poorer
Under the sun than You gods!
Indigently You feed
Your majesty
On proffered sacrifice
And breathfuls of prayer.
You would starve to naught
If children and beggars
Were not such fools full of hope.

When I was a child
That knew not its way in the world
I would lift my deluded eyes
To the sun as though out beyond it
There were an ear to hear my complaints
A heart like mine
That would take pity on my oppression.

Who came to my aid
Against the Titans' and their insolent rage?
Who delivered me from death,
From slavery?
Was it not you, sacred heart ablaze,
Who achieved it all?
And, swindled in your youth and good will,
Did you not glow, with thanks fit for a Savior,
For that mere Sleeper on high?

I should honor You? For what?
Did You ever gentle
The ache of my burden?
Did You ever dry
The tears of tribulation?
Was I not forged to manhood
By Time Almighty
And Eternal Destiny,
My masters and Yours?

Perhaps You believed
I should find life hateful,
And flee to the wilderness
Because not all my blossom-dreams
Reached ripeness?

Behold
Here I sit, fashioning men
In my own image,
A race after my likeness,
A race that will suffer and weep,
And rejoice and delight with heads held high
And heed Your will no more
Than I!
>>
>>35616559
Thetis did end up having a son greater than his father though, Achilles. The father just wasn't Zeus.
>>
File: Loki,_by_Mårten_Eskil_Winge.jpg (61KB, 472x600px) Image search: [Google]
Loki,_by_Mårten_Eskil_Winge.jpg
61KB, 472x600px
Who had it worse: Loki or Prometheus?
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.