[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So r9k, when did you realize that liberal capitalism has the

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 3

File: 20130730-065718.jpg (47KB, 400x266px) Image search: [Google]
20130730-065718.jpg
47KB, 400x266px
So r9k, when did you realize that liberal capitalism has the extreme homogenizing effect on society which its supporters claim would only happen under communism?

Look at any job listings, they all ask for the exact same traits in their prospective employees. If you want to succeed in a competitive economy like this you have to make yourself (or just allow yourself to be made) into the perfect neoliberal corporate subject. Anyone who is different is ostracized.
>>
>>35606317
/pol/ is that way senpai.
>>
Yep, that's why investment bankers and plumbers are pretty much interchangeable in education, skills, personality, and culture.
>>
>>35606329
I'm sorry, did my thread bounce one of your precious '>tfw no gf' threads?
>>35606342
Education and skills, obviously not. Nowhere in history have elites and proles shared these. Personality and culture, yes.
>>
>>35606410
You believe that there are zero cultural differences between blue collar and white collar workers?
>>
First of all, who the fuck said it would only happen under communism?

Any -ism is bound to make clones.
>>
>>35606317
>So r9k, when did you realize that liberal capitalism has the extreme homogenizing effect on society which its supporters claim would only happen under communism?
Already realized it 10+ years ago dude.

Why wouldn't it happen in fascism? You realize that neoliberal capitalism is fascism, right?
>>
>>35606522
Absolutely. My boss and the cafeteria workers at my building listen to the same top-40 pop music, talk about the same new movies, and neither of them read books. More importantly, they both had to fake (or just prove they had) the same kind of personality at their job interviews. Faking a personality and actually having it are really the same thing btw
>>35606549
I agree. It's just that liberal capitalists will always like to argue that they're the champions of the individual whereas communism creates mindless drones
>>
>>35606620
Fascism n. an authoritarian and nationalistic right-wing system of government and social organization.

Neoliberalism n. modified form of liberalism tending to favor free-market capitalism.

Yep, the exact same thing. Just like how job postings for the very upper class and the very lower class ask for the same qualifications.
>>
>>35606620
>neoliberal capitalism is fascism
I think I know what you're getting at but you're gonna have to explain this one
>>
>>35606669
Where do you work? What line of business are you in?
>>
File: 1489718421036.png (605KB, 467x575px) Image search: [Google]
1489718421036.png
605KB, 467x575px
>>35606669
Most people are mindless drones. Most people just want to fit in and be "okay" it has nothing to do with the economic system.
>>
>>35606699
>>35606707
Official and unofficial fusion of state and corporation(s). Literally Mussolini's own definition.
>>
>>35606317
>implying it would be different in any societal structure
To be employed at all you have to fit the profile of employee that a company would want to hire. Why is this hard to understand?
>>
Any robot knows about a field (that isn't computer science or something along those lines) that values introversion over extroversion as a personality trait?

genuinely curious about this
>>
>>35606760
Fusion of state and corporations? You're mixing up neoliberalism and crony capitalism. Neoliberals want small government. Liberal from the latin word for "free" as in "free market." Glad we are on the same page that an overbearing state is a problem.
>>
>every job vacancy I see says applicants must be literate!
>REEEE FASCISM
>>
OP, think about how the state currently functions: it doesn't want citizens, because to have citizens would require that the state serves and services them, that the society is organized according to the desires and aspirations of its nation, however you want to call a body of people.

Instead, it wants employees, it functions as a massive HR department for the companies that truly own it, molding the citizens to whatever worker profiles perform best, down to people's thoughts, ideologies, speech, interpersonal communication, and so on.

>>35606807
And communists just want world peace, cut the crap, you'll never be the CEO you imagine yourself as.
>>
>>35606831
Okay? Not really sure what your point is. I'll never be a CEO. And?
>>
>>35606807
>implying that corporations having influence over the public sector and corporations taking the place of the public sector aren't effectively the same thing
>>
>>35606854
What exactly do you mean by corporations taking the place of the public sector? What should fall under the remit of the state and not the private sector?
>>
>>35606874
Neoliberal reform involves privatization, it's a step toward the world of those ancap memes where you can't get Police (tm) to help you in a robbery because your Bronze Subscription only covers traffic accidents and assaults
>>
>>35606970
Who is arguing for that? No one in the mainstream that I've ever heard of. Don't give me this slippery slope stuff.
>>
>>35607011
>he thinks inevitable historical processes are "argued for and against"

>>
File: 1480776000715.png (834KB, 2000x1875px) Image search: [Google]
1480776000715.png
834KB, 2000x1875px
>>35606317
Have you read Michel Foucault? This sounds like what he was saying about neoliberalism
>>
>>35607011
Nigger look at the entirety of south america in the early 80s
>>
>>35607029
Honestly I'm not even sure what point you're trying to make anymore. If you want to transmute my point so much that it's unrecognizable so that you can tell me I'm wrong, fine. I'm not really interested in how you get there. It might as well be by divine dictum, it makes as much sense as "inevitable historical process" that we have to just take as fact and not think logically about.
>>
>>35607078
I read Foucault's thing about the panopticon but nothing else
Lately I've been reading Adorno and watching Zizek youtube vids
>>
>>35607081
So South America in the early 1980s now defines the standard for mainstream intellectual thought. That's what proponents of the free market can never stop talking about. How much they miss the Sandinistas.
>>
>>35607140
Read:
Neil Postman
G. K. Chesterton
Jacques Elul
Marshall McLuhan
Herbert Marcuse (fuck the rest of the Frankfurt faggots)

Watch:
Roger Scruton

Also, fuck Zizek.
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.