[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

autism thread

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 56
Thread images: 7

File: 1481424568603.png (46KB, 619x453px) Image search: [Google]
1481424568603.png
46KB, 619x453px
>tfw autistic
>can't play video games with good graphics because of sensory overload
>>
>>35602685
What is a sensory overload?
>>
>tfw you touch a certain fabric and it feels awful and you can't get the sensation off your fingers and mind

silk does this for me
>>
>>35602685
aren't some autists autistically good at games? pretty sure a lot of pros are massive sperglords
>>
>>35602685
Then play the classics. Newer games are shit anyway.
>>
>>35602702
It is when your senses get overloaded
>>35602731
I am good at 100%ing games
>>
>>35602751
What do you mean, whats that feel like?
>>
>>35602751
what's it like though? what do you feel overloads you?
>>
File: REEEEEEEEEEEEE.jpg (89KB, 900x900px) Image search: [Google]
REEEEEEEEEEEEE.jpg
89KB, 900x900px
>>35602714
>not choosing styrofoam
EVERYTIME I SEE, FEEL, OR HEAR STYROFOAM I WANT TO MURDER SOMEONE.
>>
>>35602761
>>35602788
I do not know exactly how to explain. Strong lights and sounds make me feel exhausted and ill quickly. They give me headaches and make me want to throw up. If it gets really bad, I may pass out. But video games are not that strong. That usually only happens in crowded places or loud traffic.
>>
>>35602845
Oh i know what you mean, i get that from the sun, but i dont think thats sensory overload
>>
>>35602714
>>35602812
>not velcro, satan's substance
every time I hear someone rip velcro off it makes my ears hurt for ten fucking minutes
>>
>>35602714
>tfw you touch a certain fabric and it feels awful and you can't get the sensation off your fingers and mind
>tfw you feel the need to keep touching it despite it feels awful each time
>>
>>35602685
>tfw can't play video games because mediocre computer and shitty internet.

The worst feel, be grateful you aren't me.
>>
>>35602979
online play isn't fun anyway
>>
You faggots don't know the meaning of the word autism

>7 years old
>Socially Akward
>Don't like to make eye contact
>Mom and Dad worried about me
>Mom takes me to a Therapist without telling my dad
>get diagnosed with mild Asperger syndrome and OCD
>Mom uses it as an excuse for everything
>FF 18 years old
>graduated high school with a 4.0 GPA
>talk to my dad about enlisting into military (he's still active duty army after nearly 37 years)
>He tells me he thinks it's a great idea and I should go Navy or Air force since I like computers
>Mom finds out
>nothavingit.jpg
>ANON YOU'RE GOING TO HATE THE MILITARY! YOU CAN'T BE AUTISTIC AND IN THE MILITARY!
>Comely explain to her that I don't think Im actually "autistic" That I was just a little slow and awkward growing up
>she gets furious
>hates that my dad is in the ARMY
>She tells me that if I go to a recruiter she will send documentation of my diagnosis to the US government and get me bared from service
>Final straw
>pack up my shit and move out of state
>one my of my world of Warcraft guild mates is studying law at Harvard
>known this guy for almost 10 years
>parents are rich and pay for his 3 bedroom apartment while he's at school
>offers me the extra bed in exchange for $100 a months rent and keeping the place clean
>Live with friend for a few months while working full time at Publix
>eventually get tired of it and decide to enlist
>choose marine corps because it seemed like the biggest challenge and most "badass"
>Ship out to bootcamp after 6 months in the DEP

Something they don't tell you while at bootcamp at MCRD Paris Island is that your next of kin will receive a letter detailing that they are invited to your graduation and that they can purchase all sorts of MOTO shit.

>Phase Three of training
>only about A week left before the crucible and then the title.
>Company Commander comes down to the squad bay and pulls me into the DI's house
cont?
>>
File: 599.png (38KB, 200x223px) Image search: [Google]
599.png
38KB, 200x223px
>>35603029
As someone that has played online games I respectfully disagree.
>>
>>35603107
full metal jacket island?

continue
>>
>>35603135
>translation:I spent hundreds of dollars on gamer devices that were mandatory to compete online and have to justify it somehow
>>
>>35603156
hahahahahahahahahahahahh

holy shit you're fucking retarded

hahahahahahahahahahahahahah
>>
>>35603107
>You faggots don't know the meaning of the word autism
>doesn't actually have autism
>>
>>35603172
anyone who spends significant time online games is a tryhard that copies their load outs from guides and youtube videos, it's not fun
>>
>>35602685
this explains all the autists that still play oldschool runescape kek
>>
>>35603107
I want you to continue even though you called me a faggot.
>>
>>35602685
>playing new videogames
There have been no good games since 2006 at the latest.
>>
File: 1487571635511.png (47KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
1487571635511.png
47KB, 800x600px
>>35603219
>tfw you're one of the autists that still play oldschool runescape
>>
>>35603144
>Company commander explains to me that my parents (mom) sent a letter the commandant of the marine corps about some mental disorder I didn't disclose during my enlistment
>Says that there's nothing he can do
>Get removed from training
>Receive entry level separation with a Dishonorable discharge due to enlisting under false pretenses
>permanently disqualified from any and all military/federal service
>can never apply for any government job
>can never become a police officer
>After spending 2 weeks in RSP and dealing with all that bullshit sent home
>drive straight to my parents house to confront my mom.
>All of my rage
>She has the balls to tell me "You'll thank me and apologize when you get older"
>dad takes me out back on the pouch
>tells me he's proud of me
>explains that the letter arived while he was at work and that there was nothing he could do
>Gives me a bottle of Jack Daniels and tells me he will try everything he can to get a wavier for entry into the army

I lost the only thing I cared about due to "autism" So please continue to bitch and moan about how you're socially awkward around Girls or have issues ordering pizzas. It's really fucking funny.
>>
>tfw I see certain rippled patterns and it makes me want to throw up

It's like an extreme rippled effect makes me sick. It looks so disgusting
>>
>>35603135
>i need other people to enjoy a game
Normie tier.
>>
>>35603252
>tfw I posted that comment while fishing anglerfish on my ironman when I'm already 99 fishing
>>
>>35603257
should've fucking beat your moms ass for essentially ruining your life and career.
holy fuck women are vapid cunts
>>
>>35603257
i'd pay money just to punch that cunt right now
>>
>>35603257
cool story bro but hardly relevant to actual autism
>>
>>35603257
>both parents care about him in their own ways
>still being a little whiny bitch
gtfo normie
>>
>>35603402
I don't think nearly half as many people diagnosed with it actually have it. I think it's an excuse people use to explain social awkwardness or above avrage technical intelligence
>>
>>35603277
Retard, I don't "need" other people to enjoy a game. I'm not going to tell you it isn't fun though.
>someone actually calls ME a normie
Hilarious.

>>35603193
Whatever dude, I don't know what you're trying to get at but all I know is I have fun playing games, it's that simple. There have been times when I played a lot but I try not to do that anymore. I haven't spent ANY money AT ALL on "gamer devices, and I haven't asked anyone to do so on my behalf either. I do not own any of these so-called "gamer devices that you speak of, nice assumption though.
>>
>>35602685
>can't play video games with good graphics because of sensory overload
What did he mean by this?
>>
>>35603493
you're casual scum then so shut up
>>
>>35603257
I think you're bullshitting.

You can join armed forces with autism, as it's a developmental disorder and not a mental condition treated by medication as long as you never had inpatient care or outpatient care. Even then, if your recruiter is worried, if it's just mild then you can get it waivered in 2 days by your doctor.

You should have just talked to your recruiter about this. If you want to talk about being barred from service, try having a police record with drug charges, and fucking inpatient care for my anger issues.

Fuck you, I wish I just had autism, you ruined your chances by lying.
>>
>>35602685
So . . . um . . . who here has been recently diagnosed with autism?

Parents forced me to get evaluated and I took and IQ test and the ADOS module 4. Still waiting for the results.
>>
>>35603540
I have. It explains so much about why things are this way in my life. Not sure how to handle it though.
>>
File: 1488448701049-0.gif (265KB, 255x219px) Image search: [Google]
1488448701049-0.gif
265KB, 255x219px
>>35602685
>can't into life without sensory overload
>tfw
>>
>>35602714
Literally thinking about popsicle sticks makes me want to murder the invented of popsicle sticks
>>
I get triggered by tangerines and oranges. I just want to destroy them. Life was difficult when the annoying orange was popular.
>>
File: IMG_1545.jpg (37KB, 326x326px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1545.jpg
37KB, 326x326px
>mom told me I used to be obsessed with lining my toys up every time I would play with them as a kid
>>
>>35602685
Why would a robot want to play games with good graphics? Pre-2010 is where it's at.
>>
>>35603257
calling bullshit since a majority of the people in guberment jobs like the armed forces are full of autists try again sweetie
>>
File: fallingdown.jpg (5KB, 300x168px) Image search: [Google]
fallingdown.jpg
5KB, 300x168px
>>35603257
The only job I'm even remotely good at is truck driving and that may be automated in the future.

If that really does happen this I'll end up like pick related for sure.
>>
>>35603509
you're an idiot

original gangster
>>
>>35603672
The problem is that he fucking lied about it. Developmental disorders like ADHD, Autism, ADD, OCD, and other such things are waiverable, or perfectly fine. The only shit that they bar you from is stuff like schizophrenia, bipolar, borderline personality disorder, ect which can cause problems in the future.
>>
>>35603672
>can't take a blow
you are a normie piece of shit casual
>>
>>35602812

SOMEONE THAT FUCKIMG GETS IT. STYROFOAM IS THE WORST FUCKING TEXTURE AND I WANT TO DIE WHEN I HEAR IT
>>
>>35603715
I think you replied to the wrong guy my dude

>>35603802
>gets absolutely anally annihilated when called a name
>y-you are a f-filthy c-casual n-n-n-normie
>>
>>35603257
>being a social-inept enough that you can join the army and you desperately want to kill off robots in the middleeast
fuck offn ormieshit, ih ope u die cancererous cunt
>>
>>35604029
however you imagine me is a product of your own
>>
>>35603594
> get triggered by some fruits like tangerine
> people eating this in public
I know that feel, I just want to slap people eating fruits with these fucking smells in the subway, especially the morning
Thread posts: 56
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.