[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/fit/ fags attend me

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 5

File: image.jpg (331KB, 763x990px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
331KB, 763x990px
I have crippling social anxiety but want to get /fit/
What is achievable just from my bedroom?
>>
File: image.jpg (15KB, 279x180px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
15KB, 279x180px
Reeeee I just want to make my life better fucking answer me you autists
>>
Are you a skeleton or a fatty?
>>
>>35599783
Pushups and buy a bullworker
>>
>>35599783
Oh fucking man up you cunt. If you're going to self improve your body, why not also self improve your mental health? Like most anxiety disorders, the way to deal with it is to excruciatingly get on with it until your brain gets used to all these frightening experiences and stops warping your emotions. Unless you have a massive room and a lot of money, you're not going to get very buff at all.
>>
File: marsoc short card.jpg (66KB, 640x921px) Image search: [Google]
marsoc short card.jpg
66KB, 640x921px
Marsoc short card faggot, become stronk like marine
>>
>>35599783

Depends, If you have space+money for a bench with uprights and a barbell+at least 200lb of weights you could get sorta /fit/
>>
>>35600413
Spooky senpai
>>
>>35600541
Thanks man, this looks useful
>>
>>35600602

.cont

Ignore all the anons who will jump on my post with

>hurr durr not /fit/ unless able to 1000lb OHP

Get to where you can Squat/Deadlift/Bench 200lb for 3 sets of 10 reps then leave your room and join a gym
>>
>>35599783
Some calisthetics or DDPYoga
>>
>>35600648
I do two a day when we get lunch time, also go run like 3 miles three times a week and max pull ups every day. You'll look like a chad ass marine and slay puss
>>
>>35599783
If you buy adjustable dumbbells you could actually get very /fit/. Just do a bunch of different dumbbell exercises at home and you won't have to deal with gym monkies and judgemental stacies.
>>
>>35600718
How the fuck could you do all 21 exercises twice a day unless you're stronk af?

I'm a lanklet and I'm literally shaking at the thought of doing all of those in one session.
>>
>>35600784
they fuck you up but you get used to it pretty quick, it helps to have friends too. I got auschwitzed pretty hard at boot, i was like 160 and 6 foot, if I can do it you can too homey, just believe in yourself
>>
>>35600784
It's not that hard. Just do it. Don't let your dreams be dreams. Yesterday, you said tomorrow. So just do it! Make your dreams come true! Just do it! Some people dream of success, while you're gonna wake up and work hard at it! Nothing is impossible! You should get to the point where anyone else would quit, and you're not gonna stop there! No, what are you waiting for? Do it! Just do it! Yes you can! Just do it.
If you're tired of starting over, stop giving up!
>>
If you're determined enough, you can get fit enough in your room to the point where you'll start to feel ok about going to the gym, which works out
>>
I'm nearly a stone overweight. That's not too fat right? I'm working on it but, you know. The biggest barrier is that I don't get enough sleep and then that fucks with everything.
>>
>>35600931
Dude anything is possible with the marsoc short card
>>
>>35600869
>I got auschwitzed pretty hard at boot, i was like 160 and 6 foot
I'm 6'1" 140 rip me, lankletness aside I can't even do 5 real push ups in a row, this would kill me.
>>
File: precor-power-cage-15[1].jpg (24KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
precor-power-cage-15[1].jpg
24KB, 500x500px
>>35599783
Maybe not from your bedroom, but from your home yes. I am an autismo with social anxiety who tried to go to the gym but ended up just buying a power cage, bar and weights for home. You only need something like pic related and you're set. Some benefits among others of /homegymmasterrace/:

>No chads or stacies to deal with
>No wait time for any equipment
>No unwanted music or noise
>No forced proximity to people
>No anxiety about looking or doing something dumb
>Cheaper in the long run

Do it anon. Lifting wont fix all your problems, but it will help you develop discipline and will enable you to grasp a hold of one of the last vestiges of masculinity in a postmodern world.
>>
>>35601020
do half sets of everything and eat a cuntload of food. 1 gram of protein per 1 pound of your body weight a day. you have to start somewhere but you can do it
>>
>>35601017
I have no idea what that is. I really hope I can shift the rest of the weight though. Feeling a bit miserable about it desu. Haven't had a BMI of 25 or lower in about 5 years. Before that I'd never been overweight.
>>
>>35601081
Its all about burning more calories than you consume, run three times a week, eat healthy and exercise. I posted the short card above, its exercises you can do on your own without equipment
>>
>>35601195
Ah, I actually do all that already but work out where I can as well/ instead. Had a few days off this week though, for reasons. Drinking a lot. Back at it now.
>>
File: 1Untitled.png (864KB, 1572x1048px) Image search: [Google]
1Untitled.png
864KB, 1572x1048px
>>35600541
This will get you fitter if you're sedentary. But it won't make you /fit/, not in a million years.

>get two adjustable dumbbells, a pull-up bar and a yoga mat.
>do pic related

Proper diet is 80% of the battle.
>>
>>35601449
This calisthenics are great for cardio if you're a shut-in, but to see any real gains it will take 10X longer than just using weights. Plus weights are easier to scale to your fitness level and make consistent progress - you can use variations of calisthenics exercises - but it's alot more complicated, harder to track and slower than simply buying two adjustable dumbbells off craigslist for like 50$. Most cost effective investment you can make.

Although this routine is a bit challenging for an athropied shut-in. If you're one, go on Scoobys site and do the beginner routine at first.
>>
buy some dumbbells, buy a thing of weigh protein, browse /fit/
>>
>>35599783
Everything is achievable. It will cost money but you'll never have to buy a gym membership nor leave your house if you don't want to. Buy a treadmill, stationary bike, and a yoga mat. Lifting weights is a meme, don't wreck your back and joints. Eventually you may want to run outside. Pop in headphones ( wrap the cords around your ears so they don't jostle off ) and wear sunglasses. Trust me, you'll feel like an absolute mad man even outside while you're running. I yell obscenitys at Muslims and sing my favorite songs at the top of my lungs. Alternate a cardio exercise every other day with yoga and HIIT. Begin eating clean and nutritional foods. You won't miss junk food after a while, just trust me on that. Most importantly, have fun and enjoy your progress.
>>
>>35601685
>Lifting weights is a meme
Yeah; who wants improved joint strength and function, denser bones, stronger cartilage and tendons, lessened risk of cardio-vascular disease, higher TDEE, better testosterone levels, improved and more stable mood, looking better, higher confidence or any of the other bullshit that lifting weights causes.
>don't wreck your back and joints
That will only happen if you're a retard, running on a treadmill will also fuck you up if you're a retard about it (or fat.)
>>
>>35601081
I weighed approximately 200 lbs when I was 22. Now at 25 I've maintained a weight of 150 lbs for the past few years. Losing weight looks and feels amazing.
>>
>>35601685
>( wrap the cords around your ears so they don't jostle off )
I like to have the cord under my shirt as well so you never accidentally yank the cord and if they do fall off you won't have to pick them up from the ground.
>>
>>35601753
You're so attached to the idea of lifting that you'll make up bull shit to make it sounds better. Yoga is way more beneficial. You're too gay to do yoga though I bet.
>>
>>35601753
My body is just better than your m8
>>
Buy a power tower for 100 bucks or a pull up bar for 30 bucks. A pull up bar will damage your doorframe superficially over time. I think putting wash cloths over the ends stops that maybe? idk I never did that until I already got dents in my frame.
>>
Go on r/bodyweightfitness and do their recommend beginner routine. It is a good place to start and has full video tutorials etc

>reee reddit
>>
>>35599783
Why should I pay 40 bucks to play with incompetent 13 year olds on competitive mode on overwatch and be DOOMED IN SILVER FOREVER
>>
Guy, nobody at the gym gives a fuck about you even if you're 400lbs. They're at the gym to get a work out in and go home, nobody is going to bother you unless you need help.
>>
Just go to the fucking gym. Seriously, either you reach a point where you're so disgusted yourself that you change or you hide behind some excuse.
Finances and job commitments are obstacles, but shouldn't stop you from getting fit. """""""""""""""Anxiety""""""""""""""" is not a legitimate obstacle.
>>
>>35601773
>you'll make up bull shit to make it sounds better.
Literally everything I listed is supported by research and is completely non-controversial.

>Yoga is way more beneficial.
For what? Yoga is good too for a couple of the things I listed, but it is not nearly as versatile in it's benefits.

>You're too gay to do yoga though I bet.
Kek.
>>
>>35601878
Guy, as someone who's been going to the gym for 7 years there are absolutely cunty douchebros who will bully you if there aren't any employees present. Hell the employee might even be in on it.
>>
>>35601685
>don't lift
>do yoga
OP asked /fit/ for help, not /lgbt/. It's safe to say that means he wants to look better and be stronger - not be supple enough to suck his own testicles.
>>
>>35601944
Oh I see, you felt like less of a man before you started lifting weights. Try lifting your self-esteem instead my man. Brute strength means nothing when I'm armed with a weapon.
>>
>>35601908
>here are absolutely cunty douchebros who will bully you if there aren't any employees present
Literally never seen this happen in almost a decade in the gym. Everyone, even most of the douchebros, bends over backwards to help out someone who wants to better themselves. And nobody gives a fuck about your gut or that you're benching just the bar. Then again, I'm not from the US - it could be a cultural thing.
>>
>>35599783
Buy an Olympic bar with weights, then clear some space in a garage or something, then learn overhead press, cleans, front squat and deadlift
All you need
>>
>>35601983
>Brute strength means nothing when I'm armed with a weapon.
3/10, you need to make it a little less obvious.

But fine, I'll play along:
Oh I see, you felt less in touch with your feminine side before you started glorified stretching.
Thread posts: 46
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.