[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Fitbots

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 4

File: 1483897388619.jpg (33KB, 500x372px) Image search: [Google]
1483897388619.jpg
33KB, 500x372px
I've been doing at home bodyweight exercises for about 2 months now, and would like to get a set of dumbells instead of using a schoolbag full of books.

Is anything wrong with these, and if not what size should I get?

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Songmics-Dumbbell-Weights-Fitness-SYL20H/dp/B01G9NPI3K/ref=sr_1_9?s=fitness&ie=UTF8&qid=1489783009&sr=1-9&keywords=dumbells&th=1

I am a 6'4", slim male if that effects it, and can do about 15 push ups with ease and 25 if I put full effort in.

(I know this should be on fit, but I don't beelieve in myself enough to post there)
>>
>>35596975
Has the bodyweight workout show results?
>>
File: 53f.jpg (27KB, 600x765px) Image search: [Google]
53f.jpg
27KB, 600x765px
>>35597174

Yes. Still a skelly but there's an incredibly noticeable difference.
>>
>>35597215
Wow
What kind of exercises are we talking about?
>>
>>35597281

15 minute warm up

Then this 3x

20 bodyweight squats
20 pushups
20 lunges
20 dumbell rows (with schoolbag full of books)
1 minute Planck
30 star jumps
>>
Eat anon. Now that you started working out and want to get semi serious about it you gotta fuel that body. I suggest at least 5 meals a day. Im training to go up to 235 so i can continue to play prop in rugby. My meals are breakfast protien shake with creatine lunch protien shake dinner and some snacks later
>>
I assume if you want to stay on the more casual side of lifting then yeah these would be fine

I would recommend finding a cheap gym though so you can do bench, deadlift, and squat
>>
>>35597215
You should maintain at least a 500 calorie surplus, don't forget the protein my nigga. Also if you want, make an excel spreadsheet to keep track of your exercises, that's what I do.
>>
>>35597353

Already eating more more than I used to, good luck anon I BEElieve in you.

>>35597381

>I assume if you want to stay on the more casual side of lifting then yeah these would be fine
Thanks, just wanted to know if there was something a begginer wouldn't notice e.g wrong weight size, if cheap weights were notorious for breaking or something

>>35597381
>I would recommend finding a cheap gym though so you can do bench, deadlift, and squat

Plan on doing that once I'm a reasonably big.

>>35597415
ty m8
>>
>>35597337
That cool man
About your question, thee lind of dumbbells you want are perfectly fine, but you have to fuel your body properly now that your using weights, bulk up and keep on the good work and you'll get there
>>
Do bongs have Craigslist? I'd just hold out for an oly set to pop up for ~$100. I've seen some steals before. I made a homemade guillotine with two 5gal buckets, 3 2x4s cut to medium-low-high lengnhs, and a bag of concrete. I didn't even mix the concrete, just poured in the bucket and added enough water to soak partways down. The bar rests in the middle lowest board. I picked up an bench that converts to Incline and dip station for $50.

I'm pretty sure the guy made a living off selling roids and stolen gym equipment. He was swole and had a garage full of shit. I can understand having two, maybe even three bars, but this guy had over ten.
>>
>>35596975
6'4''

Chad will you please just fucking leave this place
>>
will I get /fit/ if I just wear chainmail all the time and strap weights to my arms and legs
>>
>>35597465
once you're reasonably big? You don't need to wait that long anon
I was 6' 160lbs when I stared going to the gym
now I'm 6'1 205, I went as high as 215 but my bodyfat got too high so I cut down
>>
File: o-WEIGHT-facebook[1].jpg (89KB, 2000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
o-WEIGHT-facebook[1].jpg
89KB, 2000x1000px
>>35596975
I don't know anon, I'm sure I've been lifting correctly.
>>
File: 1489783442705.jpg (37KB, 500x372px) Image search: [Google]
1489783442705.jpg
37KB, 500x372px
>>35596975
I switched the heads
>>
>>35596975
Glad to hear about some bots getting /fit/. I'm a frequenter of both boards and I can say you'd be fine posting something like this, as long as you've read the sticky. Don't be afraid to ask questions a lot of guys are just larpers but some people actually know they're stuff. Lift hard and heavy brah good luck.
>>
>>35596975
I'm sure you guys have no idea what you're talking about.
I'm sure you also have no idea what you're doing.
However, if you're serious and not poor as shit, powerblock adjustable dumbbells are awesome. Get a set.
>>
>>35596975
get a gym membership instead retard
>>
>>35597532
LOL yes. Do this.
>>
>>35598541
>mentally ill /fit/ homosexual

He's good without your shitty input, you can leave now.
>>
I have come to the conclusion that I can't run and work out at the moment, on the same day. I did 35 minutes and was just wiped. If I'd done 15 and then the same again at the end I could have done resistance training. As it was I couldn't train anymore and had to go home. That was yesterday. Today I did fuck all. Feeling a bit bummed out desu.
>>
>>35596975
It would be cheaper and easier to buy your weights at a sporting goods store or WAL-Mart.
>>
>>35596975
>>35597337
Are you doing any progressions? I've started bodyweights almost two months ago, and I found this great resource on /fit/. Instead of using weights, you do exercises that are increasingly difficult. Also, check /fit/ as they usually have a bodyweight thread.

startbodyweight.com
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.