[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Commuter College thread

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 2

Can we have a commuter college thread going? Let's have a discussion of our experiences being a commuter student to college. Do you feel like you missed out on anything by not dorming?

I go to a CUNY in nyc and it's not too bad. But thankfully I won't be in massive debt when I get out. The one girl I managed to have sex with goes to a different college lmao, so I've failed to get laid at my own college. But I guess in my situation it's a "doesn't matter, had sex" kinda thing. The "commuting" part of being a commuter student gets annoying sometimes.
>>
My school sucks ass.

It would cut off parking for the students just for some dumb event at like the stadium for basketball games. They would even block one of the exits to leave the parking lot for some reason.
>>
>>35590588

What state is your school in? And yeah, that's what sucks most about commuter colleges. They don't give a shit about the students. But they sure do love the money that comes from the students!
>>
>>35590686
Nevada

They seem like they care but not really
>>
Which cuny??
Orgggrhgffv
>>
>>35590783

Baruch

which is supposedly the best one. Half the dudes here look like beta zombie virgins, and most of the girls are rich Asian bitches.
>>
it's fucking awful. you miss out on so much.

if I could do it all again I would do dorms
>>
>>35590944

true. Social opportunities are just there when you dorm.

Communting can be a real zombie like experience
>>
I wish I lived in NYC, even if you're a loner you could still just walk around and enjoy the energy the city has.

I live in a bum fuck town in North Carolina and want to move to a big city when I grad
>>
>>35590457
>>35591212
>living in a dorm
With what money? i come from poverty
>>
>>35591239

> in NYC, even if you're a loner you could still just walk around and enjoy the energy the city has.

Holy fuck this is true. Sometimes just walking around Manhattan can be stress relieving for me.

But honestly I'd trade places with you. Doesn't North Carolina have them real pretty 'Murican white girls? Living in a small town sounds awesome to me desu
>>
>>35591249

Like I said, commuting has the benefit of being way cheaper. but if you're autistic, you'll have zero social life at a commuter school
>>
>get molested by weird looking black girl

>get harassed by Street Thug Harambe Tyrone chimp with his fatty mate on Valentine's Day

>have discussion with old guy about how he pimped out his wheelchair (he was using cane at the time
>get off on same stop as him
>keep talking
>find out he used to be a robber, murderer("they didn't catch me cause the witnesses didn't show up he heh"), heroin addict, and from what I could gather, mob dude (super white, had a bitching pimp cane, used to drive fancy cars with his drug money)

>Mexican guy taught me fun little "magic tricks" with mini wrenches and rubber band. He spoke no English and I spoke no Spanish.

>band of old ladies had time of their lives joking around, were going apeshit admiring this dudes crazy ass backpack. One old lady was watching me for a long time playing smash bros. she was like hypnotized by my dank Megaman footstool combo yo
>missed my stop because of them

>super white pasty kid also watched me for like 45 minutes paying my smash bros megamain dankness
>I was actually trying to train but I noticed him watching so I switched to tryhard mode and stuff and pretended I didn't notice him watching me
>lots of fun
>eventually we talk a bit, he initiates "what game is that?" Kid didn't know what Nintendo was or what a 3DS was, only had the Vita thing or whatever. Seemed utterly fascinated. "Where's the health bars?"
>have in-depth discussion about smash bros

>black old lady with single mom shouts at bus that no one got up to let pregnant single mom sit down.
>I hadn't noticed so I got up.
>She proceeded to keep praising me and passive-aggressively bashing everyone else on bus

>that one bus driver that fucking hates her job and swears like shit and gets mad at everyone on bus all the time
>gets mad at me because Dollar wouldn't go in and she thought I was trying to get free ride
>she likes me tho for some reason, gives me smiles and the like
>not like that tho. She's fairly old
I got alittle more if uwant
>>
>commuter college
what the fuck there's universities for people who commute and people who live in a dorm?
the usa education system is a scam
>>
>>35591400
I ride the bus in Los Angeles I've seen it all and shit way crazier than these
>>
>>35591451
wow that was the single most retarded post I have read in a while.
Reevaluate your life
>>
>>35591467
Tell stories pls

NOO NOT THE MUTE PLS IM ORGIRGIRGIRNOLOLOLI
>>
>>35590457
I miss commuting. Though I got lucky because I had 2 other guys I knew on the same train every morning.
As for the social aspect, I had a small circle anyway. For the most part I just stayed in my own lane
TL;DR mileage may vary depending on what kind of person you are.
>>
>>35591482
I laughed my ass off, that guy HAS to be memeing us right? I think so.
>>
>>35590944
>implying a robot wouldn't miss out on everything even when living in a dorm
>>
>>35591550

yeah, I've read enough /r9k/ stories to know that robots miss out on life no matter where they go
>>
>>35591451

fuck American college tee bee h
>>
everyone at CUNY commutes though unless you to go Queens but even then 90% of people commute. you're not alone there you're just antisocial.
>>
>>35592150

do u go to a cuny
>>
>>35592408
yes I do go to a cuny
>>
>>35592428

which one

inb4 not original
>>
>>35592443
queens original desu desu
>>
>>35591239
>>35591365
I don't what the hell you guys are on about but I find NYC's energy to be daunting. Millions of people surround you and not a single one of them gives a fuck about you. I wish I lived in a small town where everyone knows each other. At least then you'd have some sense of belonging.
>>
>>35590457

>I go to a CUNY in nyc and it's not too bad. But thankfully I won't be in massive debt when I get out.

Get the fuck out normie
>>
>>35590833
what's your major? I'm a Baruch student as well eh
>>
>>35592634

>I wish I lived in a small town where everyone knows each other

I 100% agree with you. I'd rather be part of a small community, than be just another number in an overpopulated rat race of a city
>>
>>35592865

English. It's a meme degree I know. But I'm going to law school afterwards.
>>
>lived at home for community college
>never made any friends or joined any clubs
>worked at the college
>graduated, transferred to another school
>moved out, have 2 dogs
>finishing up degree, still no friends

Feels ok. Sometimes I'm jealous of my brother living with other people at uni and making friends but I did what I thought was best for me at the time.
>>
File: whatever.jpg (91KB, 540x540px) Image search: [Google]
whatever.jpg
91KB, 540x540px
>>35592900
I liked my English classes at Baruch though, I can see why you would major in it.
Were you interested in your major, or did you just see it as a means to law school?
What schools are you applying to?
I have two friends who want to do the same thing, go to law school. One is a History major, and the other is an Economics/Philosophy major.
>>
>>35590944

^^This so very very much.

Commuting made college feel like a full time job that cost you money instead of you getting paid. Awful, unmemorable experience.
>>
>>35593032

lol I couldn't pass college algebra so I took on the easiest degree possible. not gonna lie, sometimes I feel like dropping out and just going to trade school
Thread posts: 36
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.