[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/uni/ thread

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 11

File: 1482865338044.png (367KB, 568x454px) Image search: [Google]
1482865338044.png
367KB, 568x454px
Can't let the catalog go without one.

What are you lads working on?
Looking forward to anything coming up?
>>
>so bad at time management that I work late into the night on easy assignments
>class early in the morning
>lack of motivation and friends

existence is suffering
>>
File: 1480946527839.jpg (40KB, 750x566px) Image search: [Google]
1480946527839.jpg
40KB, 750x566px
>>35582134
Mechanical engineering reporting in, I really hope i'm making the right choice ;_; I'll probably graduate with ~40-50k of debt

just told some people I was going to sign on to their lease next semester but now I'm debating on whether it was a good choice or not.

Fuck how expensive rent is up here. Place I'm going to sign on to is 685 a month + util, so a bit more expensive than the 650 a month I pay for currently
>>
I got matched with a girl I know in real life on Tinder. I asked her on a date and she said yes. Am I gonna make it lads?
>>
>>35582572
Where you at?
>>35582787
Your autism will probably limit you to one date. Good luck anyway my man.
>>
>>35582911
Live in Boulder Colorado. Rent for just a single bedroom runs something like 1100 around here, it's ridiculous

>>35582787
You'll only make it if you believe you won't make it

good luck anon
>>
>Retaking super easy math class that I failed twice already
>managing to scrape by with a D
I've got another exam and one final coming up but hopefully I'll be able to scrape by and pass this shit. I thought I was gonna fail again so I'm doing better than expected. Hopefully the next one I take goes better...
>>
>Have good time with friends
>Suicidal thoughts still persist during
>>
>only taking 12 credits
>only 1 course is difficult
>no Friday classes, long weekend every single week
>part time job paying $15/hour for work that I enjoy

I feel like I should be living the dream but I just feel so empty. I went on an antidepressant just over 2 months ago and I feel like it's turned me into a completely different person. There are some good changes and some bad changes but overall I've never felt this depressed or suicidal in my life. I don't know what to do

>if anyone has advice please share because I really don't know what to do anymore
>>
>have a C in an intro to engineerin class
>only a freshman

W-will I make it lads? I'm not sure if engineering is right for me, but I don't want to switch majors
>>
File: 2f9.gif (1MB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
2f9.gif
1MB, 500x281px
>>35582134
>wants to transfer into a university
>most of the professors here are dickbags
>we have to write an essay an only had a week to do it
>i turn it in
>Professor writes nothing but insults
>he doesn't teach
>only lectures us on definitions
>mfw i'm never gonna get into uni
>>
>>35583847

You know what's really holding you back?

Your anime folder. That's what enables him to bully you.
>>
Studying CS. Got a coursework coming up where we have to build a simple compiler in haskell.
Im looking forward to it - it's supposed to really help us understand monads a lot more.

anyone else do functional programming in CS?
>>
>>35583362

Don't take the Jewpills, m8
>>
>>35583362
Where are you at school dude? I was really lonely but I joined a few clubs that I wasn't even that interested in, so that I could have some interaction.

If your school has a HAM radio club, look into that, because it usually has a healthy balance of normies and antisocial techie people, who are willing to help you join the group

Just try going out and walking around campus. Even if you're not doing anything, being out in the fresh air can feel so good
>>
>>35583793
It depends on the school man. I have a 2.7 GPA as a freshman EE, but I'm at purdue which fucks your GPA hard the 1st year
>>
I feel aimless and purposeless. The only things I seem to genuinely enjoy are writing music, which I suck at, and acting, which I'm marginally better at. Why couldn't I derive happiness from petroleum engineering? That's where the money is. At least the musical I'm in is going well.
>>
File: barron.jpg (212KB, 1000x583px) Image search: [Google]
barron.jpg
212KB, 1000x583px
tfw no matter how hard you try and how much hours you put in you just don't understand what's going on
>>
File: 1462652968591.jpg (71KB, 640x780px) Image search: [Google]
1462652968591.jpg
71KB, 640x780px
>25% of my grade in a class due tomorrow
>2 more pages to bullshit through+bibliography

shitty blogpost incoming:
This isn't fun. I don't feel like i'm fucking learning or achieving anything other than stress, hatred, and self pity. I don't want to write papers on some thing I don't give two shits about. I want to learn about rocks and dirt. I want to meet interesting brilliant people. and I want to not be alone anymore but this isn't happening anytime soon, if at all. some people just say "your just not working hard enough at it" well my parents expect that I have a part time job cleaning up literal shit as well, so I work at that. And apparently someone expected that my last hair was to fall out by 21, and I had to work to try and keep my hair. And someone else expected that I should know not to dig my fingernails into my face at 12 because I hated the acne, I hated how I looked, and they expected that I'd get scarring all over my face from that and I had to work to look like a fucking human being. They expected that I'd have no friends, they expected that I would be fat, and they expected that I'd try and quit their little game they're playing with me. Quite honestly I think that last bit disappointed them when I didn't pull through as they're expecting me to possibly get cancer and diabetes in a few years too from some little signs they've shown me.

I had some expectations for myself, but I obviously don't matter to them.

I'm also a huge faggot.
>>
>>35582134
It's spring break; I'm not working on shit.
>>
>>35585370
There's no way petroleum anything will have any money in it in a few decades, or at least I hope so for the sake of human survival. Am I wrong here?
>>
I said I was gonna stop drinking by myself on Sunday, but after four days of uni I finally snapped and got drunk.
It fills me with dread to be surrounded by so many normalfags every day. I don't know what to do.
>>
Humanities major at cute little Christian University.

I have a crush on a girl here, and I don't know how to make it go away.
>>
File: 1461380337170.png (91KB, 288x292px) Image search: [Google]
1461380337170.png
91KB, 288x292px
>>35582134
>tfw failing even my easy classes
>constantly tired and depressed
>probably just going to kill myself if I fail again since I'd have to start wagecucking
>>
>>35582134

>literally did not manage to secure even one credit this semester

Now I am about to leave my wagecuck job and want to rethink my position. I chickened out on 3 exams and failed one spectacularily, I still do not know what the fuck happened this time.
>>
File: 1488930933107s.jpg (5KB, 250x166px) Image search: [Google]
1488930933107s.jpg
5KB, 250x166px
essay has to be submitted at twelve (in like 2 hours) and i've still got 600 more words to write and format the damn thing

i-i can do this right g-guys
>>
Software engineering here, fell for IT me me and regret it already. That's just doesn't seem to be my think, I like math much more and can't get myself to do any programming. Skipped two classes today.
But there are some good sides of uni life too. I started communicating with people there, they even laugh at my jokes. It feels nice and distracts from self-depricating thoughts.
>>
Civil Engineer here. In my final year, a lot of the work seems beyond me. I've stopped watching lectures because I can never keep up with them, and now try to learn the material on my own with the supplementary reading they provide.

I did an internship and the amount of actual mathsey type work that gets done seems fairly small - a lot of the job just seems to involve preset computer systems, risk management, safety, things like that - so I'm hoping that what I'm missing isn't going to ruin my career.

I wish I was a farmer or something
>>
File: file.png (1MB, 767x1024px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
1MB, 767x1024px
>tfw the Ritalin makes me HORNY AS FUCK
>sitting in lectures ready to tear the clothes off the nearest boy to me.
>No idea what the lectures about because I'm raping everyone in my mind

M-maybe I'll just start watching them online..
>>
>>35587917
How was the internship? Did they pay you? Do people actually treat interns like shit?
>>
>>35582134
>exam in 2 hours
>haven't studied worth shit

help
>>
>>35588265
What the hell? Why is your exam in March?
>>
>>35588288
private university, last day before break
>>
>>35588355
They say it's hard to completely fail in a private university. They give you a second chance or something like that.
>>
File: e34e3bffd2c44c6896788378c47b96f1.jpg (525KB, 1536x1118px) Image search: [Google]
e34e3bffd2c44c6896788378c47b96f1.jpg
525KB, 1536x1118px
>get a phone call saying I'm ready to graduate from community college
>stopped going to class weeks ago
I'm 25 btw
>>
>>35588417
most professors here allow retakes if everyone does shit on an exam

I've still made more Bs than As because I'm a lazy fuck
>>
>no friends & hobbys
>so I just study the whole day
>receive very good grades

Anyone else know this feel?
>>
>>35588488
I know a guy like this. He's jyst studying all the time, when almost anyone else left dorms for holidays, he just stayed there and studied. It was his birthday too. But it's not that he's asocial, I think it's just his choice.
>>
File: 1488923415040s.jpg (6KB, 250x240px) Image search: [Google]
1488923415040s.jpg
6KB, 250x240px
>>35587717
i did it lads

only had eight references but fuck it, i think the lecturer likes me anyway and he said he's feeling generous the other day so LETS HOPE I PASS

>tfw you close all the research tabs you had open
>>
File: vdwyTXB3sHE.jpg (157KB, 1280x960px) Image search: [Google]
vdwyTXB3sHE.jpg
157KB, 1280x960px
>>35588606
That's cool. I hope you pass too ^^
Also that feel is actually amazing.
>>
>online class hasn't updated in a month
Part of me wants to email the teacher like what the fuck, the other half wants to see how far it'll go.
>>
>>35582134
tfw your country has remnants of communism so schooling is free.
btw studying computer science, so fucking fun
>>
>>35588757
Is there a lot of practice? Or just a bunch of theory which you're unlikely to use?
>>
>>35587810
dude how can you be good at math and bad at programming that's an oximoron
>>
Will probably fail my entire course within the next year

No hope

Depression sucks ass
>>
>>35588800
practice 2 hours per week per class plus homework
>>
>>35588804
I didn't say I'm good at math, I said I like it more.
>>
>>35588075
Nah I liked it. People were friendly, my supervisor gave me meaningful stuff to do, got paid. It was for a government agency so that might be why it wasn't shit, but idk
>>
>>35588946
just keep trying I was in your situation.. you need some time to understand programming
>>
>>35589137
Thanks for your support, I definitely will. Some people say that IT is one of the best things that happend to our country in quite a long time, so I may be able to find some good job. Hope it's true.
Thread posts: 50
Thread images: 11

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.