[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Noam Chomsky

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 3

File: Chomsky.jpg (2MB, 1712x2288px) Image search: [Google]
Chomsky.jpg
2MB, 1712x2288px
What's this guy's deal?

He sounds smart but he also just sounds like an old man ranting, what is he even trying to say?

I would much rather listen to someone who can dumb things down to a level that I can understand such as Stefan Molyneux or Alex Jones
>>
Chomsky is almost always right and anyone who wants to understand how states and institutions actually function should listen to him.
>>
Who is this guy? I don't...

I don't...
I don't NOAM
>>
>>35580177
Just another leftycuck. Has some good things to say every now and then.
>>
>>35580043

King of linguistics. One of the top ten smartest people living in the world today.
>>
>>35580043
>I would much rather listen to someone who can dumb things down to a level that I can understand such as Stefan Molyneux or Alex Jones

go back to /pol/ but actually pretty good bait
>>
>>35580043
I know him for his work in mathematics. Apparently linguistics involves combinatorics
>>
>>35580043
>don't understand it
>therefore it's incorrect.

not every professional should dumb down their work to laymen-level just to save their fucking reputation from being ruined by misguided people who don't know the intricacies of academic text.
>>
>>35580043
My dad likes his shit and wants me to read it.
I refuse.
>>
>I would much rather listen to someone who can dumb things down to a level that I can understand such as Stefan Molyneux or Alex Jones

lol chomsky is dumbed down
also I likenhww you pick the most hack fraud right wing mouth pieces rather than anyone respectable
>>
File: 1486359880659.jpg (83KB, 707x767px) Image search: [Google]
1486359880659.jpg
83KB, 707x767px
He knows lefties about to get it
>>
>>35581165
His grammar isn't that great for a professor.
>>
>>35580376
>Apparently linguistics involves combinatorics
Can you explain?
>>
>>35580043
Dumb anarchist typical Jew
>>
File: imgres.jpg (14KB, 259x194px) Image search: [Google]
imgres.jpg
14KB, 259x194px
>>35581165
>"wrong in principle"
>implying there's a universally defined (objectively true) moral code
wew lad
>>
>>35581165
who is mitch lake
>>
>>35581350

As Chomsky has pointed out, to even raise the question, you need some a priori notion of what "moral" means, so there you go.
>>
>>35581402
>you need some a priori notion of what "moral" means
What did he mean by this? Is it not established that that which is good and that which is good is moral?
>>
>>35581490
>Is it not established that that which is good and that which is good is moral?
Fucked that up. Correction:

Is it not established that that which is good is moral and that which is moral is good?
>>
>>35581352
Noam literally responds to emails from randoms all day long
>>
>>35580043
fuck off with this old faggot (intellectual means FAGGOT)
>>
>>35581582
>intellectual means FAGGOT
Why so anti-intellectual?
>>
>>35580093
This may be true but he is still a kike
>>
A highly intelligent man. My disagreements with him are more moral than they are factual.
>>
>>35581219
Linguists study language as a series of patterns. They use mathematics to identify things like the syntax and grammar of a language. Imagine if English was a programming language and each sentence was a line of code.
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.