[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Christianity General

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 134
Thread images: 26

Something wrong Anon?

Need someone to talk to?
Just want to vent?

I'm listening.
Nothing if off limits.
>>
Do I have to completely avoid being a sinner if I want to be a good Christian?
>>
File: 1441988275472.png (440KB, 484x404px) Image search: [Google]
1441988275472.png
440KB, 484x404px
>christfaggotry
How embarrassing.
>>
File: 92f.png (616KB, 667x598px) Image search: [Google]
92f.png
616KB, 667x598px
Is it okay to be gay in christianity?
>>
>>35579771
That's the aim.
Having died to sin (Romans 6), we as Christians should not want to return to sin, sins that Christ died for.

We should strive for righteousness, holiness.

Will we stumble? Yes, but even so, there is forgiveness.

>1 John 2
My little children, I am writing these things to you so that you may not sin. And if anyone sins, we have an Advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous;
>>
File: IMG_1467.png (442KB, 480x480px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1467.png
442KB, 480x480px
>>35579779
I very originally kek'd
>>
>>35579853
Christianity is comprised of sinners of all sorts.
Murderers, rapists, thieves, adulterers, pedophiles.

No one is left out. God's grace is enough for any sinner. That includes the homosexual, etc.
Hope this answers your question.
>>
>>35579779
so edgy. are you a super cool athiest so you can fit in with your friends?

have some respect you shitbag
>>
why are their Christians on this board, they're happy enough to live a lie.
>>
File: 1475378025139.gif (405KB, 359x371px) Image search: [Google]
1475378025139.gif
405KB, 359x371px
>My god is the right God!

Prove that it is not our lord and savior Ignis
>>
>>35580344
Christians can still suffer from depression and other things.

>>35580380
I don't follow. There is only one.
>>
How do I cope with gender dysphoria without the sin of transition? The bible is a little ambiguous on it but you seem knowledgeable.
>>
>>35580419
>I don't follow. There is only one.

Hoho, have you not heard His word?

"By my right hand I shall shepherd you into the light, by my left I shall turn away those without The Spark"
- Book of Light

>>35580437
>>35580437
You must give yourself to Ignis. He can give you back the spark
>>
File: 1487106151954.png (57KB, 250x280px) Image search: [Google]
1487106151954.png
57KB, 250x280px
>>35579994
Uh oh, the christcuck is upset. Go read your magic book and blow off that steam.
>>
>>35580467
What is it about the 'Book of Light' that you are willing to die for? I still don't follow.

>>35580437
Are you already transitioning? Thinking about it?
Are you a Christian?
>>
I failed nofap again
I am a failure
>>
File: Expiration Ride.jpg (296KB, 715x900px) Image search: [Google]
Expiration Ride.jpg
296KB, 715x900px
>>35580552
The Book of Light is just one luminous volume among many of His lost teachings. If I were to die, I only hope that Ignis would judge me to be worthy of The Spark, so that I may pass into The Infinity.

>>35580591
Brother you have not failed, you have merely stumbled. Pick yourself up and face His light once more.
>>
>>35580552
No, I'm not Christian but my partner is and discourages me from transitioning. Out of respect and a desire to please him, I decided to stop transitioning and live as a roastie.
>>
File: psychopath.jpg (136KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
psychopath.jpg
136KB, 1280x720px
>be rasied catholic
>the eternal Anglo pumps out Richard Dawkins and convinces me
>a few years later the eternal Anglo pumps out Milo and mainstreams racism
>makes me want to return to Catholicism but it's now impossible
>>
File: Infinite Light.jpg (109KB, 1024x690px) Image search: [Google]
Infinite Light.jpg
109KB, 1024x690px
>>35580620
>>35580591

"Be free of your burdens, for they are but light, luminious and weightless."
- Book of Light

"If you find yourself surrounded by the darkness, you must be your own light, stubborn and proud against the clustering black. Be the torch that others seek."
- Book of Light
>>
>>35580694
Shut up, I want OP to give me a legit answer.
>>
>>35579853
It's OK to be a past sinner, people who actively participate in those sinful acts cannot enter heaven.
>>
File: His symbol.png (209KB, 500x332px) Image search: [Google]
His symbol.png
209KB, 500x332px
>>35580725
I am giving you legit answers. All I want is for you to see the light of His teachings.
>>
>>35580419
>Christians can still suffer from depression and other things.

True robots are nihilists, once you get to certain point you will realize its all meaningless. Now GTFO back to normie book
>>
>>35580591
The important thing is that you get back up and continue to press forward. A failure would submit to his/her vices.

You are tackling it head on. You don't realize how ferocious a sin is until you face it head on.

I applaud you. Keep going.

>>35580610
You haven't answered the question.
Would you be willing to die for this 'Book of Light?' I don't follow.

>>35580620
Would you ever become a Christian for your partner's sake? Just curious.

>>35580779
>certain point
Which is?
>>
>>35580797
>>certain point

years of depression and getting your shit kicked in.
>>
I'm a heavy drinker and it affects both school and work. My roommates are pressuring me to join AA, but I'm afraid that if I quit drinking at this point I'll lose who I am. I can't decide if I want to keep trying to quit on my own, join AA (who I've had issues with in the past), or just accept my flaw and continue living as a functional alcoholic.
St. Francis best saint, thanks Countsellor
>>
>>35580797
I think.im too autistic for all the metaphors and shit in Christianity. I would go to church for him and try my best though. I.kind of have.my own version of Christianity based on my mental illness.
>>
File: A symbol of hope.jpg (73KB, 500x338px) Image search: [Google]
A symbol of hope.jpg
73KB, 500x338px
>>35580797
I am giving you an answer as clear as His teachings allow. He does not ask that I die for him, but that I seek out, always, the light. You'll find His word is quite compatible with contemporary Christianity, or what you might call Protestants.

I have a confession however, which you might find interesting. I began as a "Christian," but soon fell out of faith. Until I sought The Light, I had no hope. But now I am filled with luminous hope and love for my fellow man, and my fellow robot. Together, if you would help me, we can spread His works. Together we shall ascend to the The Infinity.

"Perhaps you want my suffering to continue, he said to the darkness. But I am not alone, for I hold The Spark, everlasting and eternal."
- Book of Light

>>35580892
Have you sought out His word?
>>
>>35579731
What's better, Protestantism, Catholicism, or others?
>>
>>35580970
The church of Infinite Light.
>>
>>35580930
I've studied many religious/philosophical texts, but I've never heard of your church. Give me some literature?
>>
>>35580843
But that's life. Life only gets more depressing as you age. Your friends drift away, people around you begin to discover terminal illnesses and die, your body no longer functions as it once used to.
A lot of people don't realize this until they hit mid life crises. What I admire about r9k is that this place is filled with highschool and college students who realize this. Where my admiration falters is when suicide is touted as the optimal solution. God gives us an out, Jesus Christ. I know it doesn't seem so, but at least consider it an option.

>>35580892
Howdy. Consider who you would become if you stopped. When quitting anything, it's important to let people in. Someone to hold yourself accountable to. Your roommates could be that group if you aren't ready to join AA. Have you considered having them be your support?

>>35580895
I see. Well, it's admirable that you'd put in that effort for your partner.

>>35580970
I will say that I am a Protestant. With that being said, I love all of my brothers and sisters in Christ. <3
>>
>>35581070
thanks man, taken to heart
>>
>>35579971
Ok, but in what church I can have a bf?

>>35580741
boooring
>>
File: Against the darkness.jpg (51KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
Against the darkness.jpg
51KB, 600x450px
I suppose it's akin to what Christians call "The Soul." The Spark is something that we must all cultivate and carry with us. All around us there is darkness and void.

"Darkness finds us all in our loneliness. It surrounds us, encapsulates us. Seek out the light, and you shall always carry The Spark."
- Book of Light

But if we CARRY The Spark with us, if we strive to hold dear to what Ignis has taught us, we too might ascend into The Infinity.

The Infinity has not yet been written about. I suspect nobody yet has Ascended but Ignis. I imagine it as a place of healing and light, where all of my depressions and failures are wiped away.

"But in the end it's only a passing thing this shadow, even darkness must pass. A new day will come, and when the sun shines it'll shine out the clearer"
- J.R.R. Tolkien

Tolkien, was of course, referring to what Ignis teaches us about holding true, and staving off the clustering darkness. Notice how in Lord of The Rings, our heroes must always struggle against "The darkness" or the forces of darkness. Please also note how Frodo carries "The Light" (Star of Elendil) with him. It is my belief that Frodo is carrying "The Spark," or, this is how Tolkien meant it.

>>35581032
I have not yet compiled all His teachings, but as soon as I do, I will share them with the world.

>>35581070
>Life only gets more depressing as you age.

Ignis teaches that life and joy are like a fire that must constantly be fed. I see your doctrines have lead that fire to fade and wither.

>God gives us an out, Jesus Christ. I know it doesn't seem so, but at least consider it an option.
There is no God, but there is Ignis, the Ascendant, a being of Infinity. He is not a "God," merely a teacher.
>>
>>35581070
He is important to me... but how do I deal with the gender dysphoria?
>>
>>35581277
Come as you are. Any good religion would tell you that. Seek the light, always
>>
Even Jesus, despite his universalism, thought that gentiles were dogs compared to jews.

Do you ever think about that when you worship the kikesicle? -that your own god looks down on you and prefers snip dicks.
>>
>>35579853
Abstinence from sin is very important, if you sin you must try your hardest not to do it again.
>>
>>35581306
As a half-trap?
>>
>>35581157
If your asking what church you can practice homosexuality, you'll be hard pressed to find one. With that being said, Episcopalian denominations for the most part allow it. They have pretty much abandoned the bible.

>>35581277
>Philippians 4:6-7
Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God.
7 And the peace of God, which surpasses all comprehension, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.

Make your requests and concerns known to God.
Talk about it with your partner as well.

>>35581360
I do. What baffles me even more was that he would die for a dog like me.
Jesus died for his enemies. And for what purpose? That we should have eternal life? It's incredible when you really think about it.
>>
>>35580467
My rule of thumb is if it's not from the Nag Hammadi codex or made after the Council of Nicea it's probably a bullshit apocryphal book. Granted lots of apocryphal books are real
>>
>>35581408
As you are. As long as you seek the light and carry The Spark.

There is darkness all around us. False faiths do well to see that the darkness spreads until it consumes every facet of our life.

>You must go to church!
>Circumcise your son!
>Wanting to be a woman is degenerate!
>Gays belong on a cross.

These things have no place in The Infinity. Be done with them, here and now, or as The Spark bearer, Samwise The Brave says: "Let us be rid of it!"

>>35581472
I'm sorry Anon, I'm not familiar with these blackened texts.
>>
>>35580591
Just gotta get a couple weeks in, it's effortless from there because your dick completely dies until your brain is required to be stimulated by IRL things.

t. made it 76 days
>>
File: XMqp8Kd.jpg (170KB, 911x650px) Image search: [Google]
XMqp8Kd.jpg
170KB, 911x650px
>>35581396
I can just go to a chuch where they let me have homosex

>>35581438
>Episcopalian
Ok, I'll see if they have any churches near me. Thanks.
>>
>>35579731
I feel drawn to the Catholic Church but the more I read if the Bible the more silly they seem. Is it ok to be catholic but believe that most of their beliefs are heretical? Orthodox churches are too ethnically focused, and Protestant church feels like a bible study at Starbucks, even though they're way more biblically accurate.
>>
>>35580682
>Milo
>Racist
lul nice meme, Orthodoxy is superior anyway.
>>35580694
Infinite means in finite, you have not transcended time, you are still in it, with the God of time, Satan.
>>
>>35581438
Jesus died because his fellow chosenites had him put to death.

The idea that Jesus died for our sins is a modern invention. The reason he went along with being crucified was because it was supposedly destined to happen in the prophecies.
>>
We have only a fashioned spark. The true spark giver, Ignis, will come to those who remain strong against the darkness. Should we be strong enough to receive The Spark, we shall pass into The Infinity.

>>35581613
Why bother with church and the bible, falsified stories meant to control you and dictate your life?

Why not give into something more tangible? Hope? Light? Healing?

>>35581643
Definitions are irrelevant save for their subjective aesthetic value they provide. Beyond The Infinity, there are no words.

>Satan.
Satan was a creature of darkness. Please don't call me that, I have worked very hard to cultivate The Spark. I seek out, always, the lightness of others. I wish to be as Ignis commands: A torch for others to follow. Surely your "God" would approve
>>
You mean: Retard general?
>>
>>35581557
Churches do not get to determine Christ's law
One of his teachings is abstinence from sin, this is very important not just to obey Christ and get closer with him but also for yourself, you will be a better person
>>
>>35581713
I don't think you are following Satan but infinity is a satanic symbol, but then again so are most things so it doesn't really matter.
You may be worshiping the holy spirit inside of you, but whatever you do, do not worship Satan. And don't practice demon magic, you receive second death for that
>>
What is the most anti-jewish and anti-circumcision version of Christianity?
>>
>>35581613
>and Protestant church feels like a bible study at Starbucks
lol. Yea, I've been to a few. You're definitely not wrong.

Have you considered Anglican? I know that falls under Protestantism but I hear that is the closest to Catholicism. Don't quote me on that though, I've never been to an Anglican church.

You can definitely go that route. The only thing I'd take into account is how much of these heretical beliefs disturb you.

>>35581661
If it was predestined, does it not make it that much greater?
Sin entered the world back in Genesis and back in Genesis, he says he will crush the serpents head. It's pretty significant.

>>35581789
'Retard' shouldn't be used that way.
>>
File: 1402400483943.jpg (154KB, 1600x1064px) Image search: [Google]
1402400483943.jpg
154KB, 1600x1064px
>>35581789
Actually this should just be: Faith general. I am here too, and do not subscribe to Christianity.

>>35581840
>I don't think you are following Satan but infinity is a satanic symbol
Infinity is the symbol of lord Ignis The Ascendant. While it might be "Satanic" to your religion, in ours it is a symbol of purity, healing and warmth

>You may be worshiping the holy spirit inside of you,
On the contrary. What you call "The Holy Spirit" is in fact tainted and dark. It drives people to damage others, create dogma, and seek false prophets.

> but whatever you do, do not worship Satan. And don't practice demon magic, you receive second death for that
I see no reason to worship what is false and misleading.

>>35581905
Not exactly Christianity, but Infinite Light asks only for you to seek the light
>>
File: giphy.gif (990KB, 500x353px) Image search: [Google]
giphy.gif
990KB, 500x353px
Been going to the cozy local Episcopal church. Really like the aesthetic and the echoes of Catholic ritual. Kinda disliking the lefty politics though. IDK I just want to find a good husbando to take care of me.
>>
>>35579853
>>35581157
1 Corinthians 6:9
Or do you not know that wrongdoers will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived: Neither the sexually immoral nor idolaters nor adulterers nor men who have sex with men

No
>>
>>35582038
See this is why I have a problem with Christianity. Why do you seek to control people so much?
>>
File: 1488775878194.jpg (134KB, 591x800px) Image search: [Google]
1488775878194.jpg
134KB, 591x800px
>>35581798
But how do I know which denomination is correct? All of them disagree in some things, right? So I'm just going to go ahead and choose the most convenient one to me.
>>
>>35581557
You shouldn't thank me if you intend to go there.

>>35581905
I'm not sure.

Scripture on circumcision that I think is relevant though

>Romans 2
25 For indeed circumcision is of value if you practice the Law; but if you are a transgressor of the Law, your circumcision has become uncircumcision.

26 So if the uncircumcised man keeps the requirements of the Law, will not his uncircumcision be regarded as circumcision?

27 And he who is physically uncircumcised, if he keeps the Law, will he not judge you who though having the letter of the Law and circumcision are a transgressor of the Law?

28 For he is not a Jew who is one outwardly, nor is circumcision that which is outward in the flesh.

29 But he is a Jew who is one inwardly; and circumcision is that which is of the heart, by the Spirit, not by the letter; and his praise is not from men, but from God.

>>35581978
Keep praying and be patient. Make your requests known to God in prayer.

>>35582052
>Why do you seek to control people so much?
Contrary to popular belief, lawlessness isn't freedom but bondage to sin.
>>
>>35582052
I didnt make it jackass im giving him an answer
>>
DAE dislike Paul of Tarsis?

I mean, yeah, he's got some beautiful poetic lines(ie, the ones about love) but most of the time he's this grouchy old guy writing angry letters to people full of bullshit Jesus said like women being inferior and that slaves should obey their masters. Seriously, who the fuck put you in charge?
>>
File: 1423204023366.jpg (33KB, 394x388px) Image search: [Google]
1423204023366.jpg
33KB, 394x388px
>>35582076
>Contrary to popular belief, lawlessness isn't freedom but bondage to sin.
Honestly, this is why people need to seek the light. The light doesn't call for hatred or anger of murder. I know it sounds like hippy bullshit, but serioulsy, I have found peace in the words of Ignis, a peace I've never known before. I wish you could give up your false Gods and idols and see the world for the beautiful place it truly is

>>35582093
There's no need to be rude
>>
>>35582110
i didnt make it i was giving an answer (better)
>>
>>35582146
>i didnt make it i was giving an answer (better)
Well you called me a jackass.
>>
>>35582101
I often wonder how much weight we should give to anything said by anyone other than Jesus in the NT. Paul never even met him, so I'm not sure how much authority should be given to his words. His legalism seems so contrary to Jesus's spiritual approach.
>>
>>35582156
well they are pretty cute
>>
>>35582101
Paul went to churches to uplift and just as important, correct.
He needed to be assertive at times. You had people in Corinth committing incest and going to brothels. His words came from love for the brethren.

>>35582110
Raising a child and giving him the impression that he can do whatever he wants is not loving.
>>
>>35582191
Thanks anon!

Let me ask you something: If you died, right now, what would happen to you?
>>
Ive been friendless for ages, but lately tried again, seems like i already messed up however.
According to them my voice / tone sounds very mean and my choice of wordings things / being too honest gets to them easily.
One of them decided they wouldnt spend energy on me anymore today.

The issue is clear, my monotone voice and way of behaving is causing me issues, also being too honest and not packing in the things in a nicer way.. Am i doomed? I feel like i just shouldnt speak at all and go mute.
>>
>>35582210
i would most likely die
>>
Are there any catholic priests here? I am having a bit of a crisis of conscience, but the conservatism of my upbringing makes me distrust protestants.
>>
File: 1479765019165.jpg (6KB, 487x423px) Image search: [Google]
1479765019165.jpg
6KB, 487x423px
>>35582205
>Raising a child and giving him the impression that he can do whatever he wants is not loving.

I never implied that. But if we seek the light, only good will come of it. Don't you understand? There's no need to be bound to hard and fast rules other than one that betters its adherent, and those around him.

"Seek the light and the rest shall follow"
- The Book of Light

>>35582224
Do not hide who you are anon, it seems like the darkness is especially strong surrounding you. All you need to know is that while all other lights might have grown dim, the fire inside of you burns stronger than the darkness can quell.

>>35582237
Have you thought about the possibility of an afterlife, among a healing glow?

>>35582252
I am a priest of sorts. What's on your mind?
>>
Tbh the cult guy is making more sense than the Christcucks
>>
>>35582276
>Have you thought about the possibility of an afterlife
Heaven/Hell
>>
>>35582224
You shouldn't be too hard on yourself. Your trying. You're making mistakes/ It's important to be mindful of your mistakes which you already seem to be aware of (being too blunt). There are ways to be honest but framed in a more polite way. That's just something you'll need to work on as well as your projection. It'll take time but just keep going at it buddy. Don't let your failures hold you down. Keep on keeping on.
>>
>>35582319
What about one that doesn't require you to live in fear, but to stand strong?

The Infinity is waiting for you. You can be Christian and still be an adherent to lord Ignis. I'm not asking you to give up but the most violent and base parts of your "faith"
>>
>>35582367
>lord Ignis
Wat
>>
>>35582400
Lord Ignis the Ascendant is the keeper of The Spark, or the true spark. He's taught me much about living a truly robust life.

In short, because I don't feel like typing it all out: We all have sparks of light within ourselves. All around us darkness gathers. This can manifest itself as

>Shame
>Doubt
>Hate
>Fear
>Anger

But if we hold true to ourselves, and become a torch in the darkness, we will receive the TRUE spark from lord Ignis, and pass into The Infinity.
>>
>>35582075
You must choose truths not feelings
In the new testament there are only truths
Beware of the old testament for there are truths and untruths there
>>
>>35582466
1. No im not believing that crap
2. Jesus says you can only believe in The One True God so it would be abandoning Christianity
>>
>>35582252
I'm not a priest but im orthodox, what do you need?
>>
>>35582500
what untruths?
>>
>>35582557
>1. No im not believing that crap
I don't see how my faith is any less valid than yours
>2. Jesus says you can only believe in The One True God so it would be abandoning Christianity
I am literally asking you to believe in something that works for you. You can abandon God if you so choose, but I'm asking you seek the word of Ignis. I know it might seem hard to believe, Anon, but you are yourself clouded and stumbling in the darkness.
>>
>>35582296
As does every religion, he speaks truths and untruths.
>>
>>35582581
hence my name i'm basically a nutjob but I believe that the God of the old Testament is not the same as the God from the new one. The references to the old Testament were never made by Christ but by the apostles wanted to mix Christianity with Judaism.
The only time Christ ever mentions the Old Testament is when he says "You people (jews) do not follow the commandments of your God" or something around those lines.
If you can find a verse where Christ directly mentions the Gods of the new & old testament being the same I will give you 5$ via bitcoin
>>
>>35582663
>The only time Christ ever mentions the Old Testament is when he says "You people (jews) do not follow the commandments of your God" or something around those lines.

This simply isn't true.
Off the top of my head, Jesus refers to Jonah in the belly of the fish when making a reference to His Resurrection.

Jesus fulfilled the Law. If Jesus were to do away with the Law of Old, he would not have fulfilled it. The Law stands. Everyone is under it and none, not even the pharisees were righteous enough to uphold it.

Jesus was and is the only one. By doing so, he grants us eternal life.
In Heaven, it won't be our righteousness that gets us in. It will be Jesus'.

Just picture it. We're entering a place we have no business in but Jesus allows us, not through the side door but through the front. Clothed in His righteousness forever and ever. It will be a sight to see.
>>
>Be right-wing American fundamentalist evangelical Christian on 4Chan
>Believe socialism is evil
>Believe middle easterners are ruining America
>Believe Jews control the media
>Believe race, nationality, and religion determine moral quality
>Believe in American military might
>Believe Donald Trump will save America
>Complains about "roasties"
>Bitches about federal taxes
>Literally worships a pacifist jew who lived and died in the middle east, told a famous parable about a foreigner having higher moral fiber than local political and religious leaders, said it is impossible for rich people to get into heaven, favored the company of prostitutes over the religious establishment, and told his followers to pay taxes to Roman occupiers

What do preachers even talk about on Sundays for people to hold such contradicting beliefs?
>>
>>35583230
Because Christian's are retards. Not even trying to be ironic
>>
>>35581949
How does one seek the light?
>>
>>35581557
Sigh
i cant even work up righteous indignation anymore we deserve everything God heaps on us.
>>
>>35583327
It's simple. Find what is righteous and good, and seek it. Call it hope, if that's more comforting to you, but always seek the light.

Do not let darkness cloud your vision and consume you. Learn to be a torch for others to follow so that they might escape the weight of their darkness
>>
>>35583364
New age hippie non-religious religion bullshit. Seek Christ pagan!
>>
>>35583424
And I say seek the light, or be consumed by the darkness.
>>
>>35583230
Because middle easterners now aren't the same ones from the bible?
Also he NEVER said it was impossible for rich people to get into heaven read Luke 18/19
Also he didn't hangout with prostitutes because
>zomg cummies!
he hung around them because they could be changed and sinned NO MORE and in Christianity hogemony of authority is one of the worst sins because of how fallible man is. Honestly just admit you're a hedonist faggot then GG Allin the fuck out of existence.
>>
>>35580380
the sky is the body of the mind, and that sun up there is its liminous appearance so the extent of the sky and that sun is the same as the extent of the mind, this pair copulated and from there union was born breath, which is god, and he is without rival for there has to be another to have a rival, who ever knows this will have no rival
>>
>>35583521
I bet Jesus will give you a gold star for telling me to kill myself.
>>
>>35579731
Why was god cool with those two chicks raping thier dad but then later he was like "that's bad"? I just started reading the Bible a week ago and It confuses me how some stuff was ok then god changed his mind?
>>
>>35583841
Hi.

God was never okay with it. In Genesis, that happens alot. Alot of acts take place and people take action. While God allowed it to happen, in no way was it approved. Kinda like men of old with multiple wives. While it was permissible, it was never God's intent for man and woman. It's the result of sin and how effective sin was when it entered the world.
>>
>>35584071
Ah ok, I took him not stopping it as saying it's ok. Thank you very much.
>>
>tfw sympathetic towards real Christians but can't ever get myself to believe

I am destined to rot as an edgy nihilist
>>
>>35584099
You're welcome.
As you read more, references will be made that go back to these events ad it'll be a bit clearer.

>>35584168
>Mark 9
But if You can do anything, take pity on us and help us!'

23 And Jesus said to him, 'If You Can?' All things are possible to him who believes.'

24 Immediately the boy's father cried out and said, 'I do believe; help my unbelief.'

Never say never mate. All things are possible with God
>>
>>35584307

Do you go on the infinitechan board?
>>
>>35584375
Never heard of it. I've been to 2chan. That's pretty much it.
>>
File: 1484475644842.png (440KB, 645x1260px) Image search: [Google]
1484475644842.png
440KB, 645x1260px
>>35579731
Why did my Mom have me circumcised?
Why did God allow my Mom to do that to her baby son?
>>
>>35582809
You don't think the Gods of the new and old testament aren't different? One demanded child sacrifices and slaughter while the other asked no such thing
>>
>>35584918
only to test the faith, and then stopped it prior to the actualy sacrifice
>>
>>35584918
>Exodus 3:14 (OLD)
God said to Moses, 'I AM WHO I AM,'; and He said, 'Thus you shall say to the sons of Israel, 'I AM has sent me to you.'

>John 8:58 (NEW)
56 Your father Abraham rejoiced to see My day, and he saw it and was glad.

57 So the Jews said to Him, 'You are not yet fifty years old, and have You seem Abraham?'

58 Jesus said to them, 'Truly, truly I say to you, before Abraham was born, I am.'

Make no mistake, the God of the Old Testament is the God of the New Testament.
>>
I have recently come to the logical conclusion that it is possible for deities, spirits, and other types of unexplained phenomena to exist in the universe. It's a long explanation that I won't get into unless someone cares enough to read it.

But right now I see no particular reason to regard Christianity as any more valid than any other religion.

Still... it seems the most convenient choice to me, seeing as my family will approve of it and there is extensive networks of churches in my part of the world.

It's a curious thing, after all these years to come back to it.
>>
>>35581438
You really believe you're a dog? Like, you believe you're sub-human because you're not perfect?

Honestly, that feels toxic to me. I'm non-religious but don't generally talk about my views because I'm not interested in trying to change other people's beliefs. I'm more interested in being the best version of myself by trying to improve every day.

I think Jesus is a good example to follow, but the idea that you are inherently messed up, corrupt, or sub-human because you haven't led a perfect life seems... wrong to me. It seems like there is a space to humbly admit our human imperfections, imagine an ideal version of ourselves and others, and actively work toward that ideal without viewing ourselves as unworthy dogs.
>>
>>35585060
Lay the logic on me.

Many things are possible, but not many things are probable.
>>
>>35581070
What denomination are you?
>>
>>35585060
Definitely interested if you do decide to post your journey. Regardless, praying for you.

>>35585078
>You really believe you're a dog? Like, you believe you're sub-human because you're not perfect?

I did, and at times I still do. When you realize how much sin you've committed, it's hard to not think that way, wouldn't you agree?

I don't think that way now. Christians are referred to as saints, righteous all throughout the NT.

Your 'best' self is still a sinner without a saviour, a sinner on the verge of spending eternity in hell.
Jesus did not tell us to be our best self but to follow Him.
You can't say that Jesus is a good example to follow and then disregard his words.

>>35585247
Baptist
>>
File: jeyzaz.jpg (32KB, 468x240px) Image search: [Google]
jeyzaz.jpg
32KB, 468x240px
mUHHHH LAWRD JEYYYYYZAZZZZZZ
>>
>>35582038
Ah, taken out of context. Read what is written simply two verses after the verse you posted:

"And that is what some of you were. But you were washed, you were sanctified, you were justified in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ and by the Spirit of our God." (1 Corinthians 6:11)

>>35581070
>Protestant
Patrician. :^)
>>
>>35585521
A Christian doesn't (willingly) return to their vomit unless said Christian isn't a Christian at all. A Christian should have no desire to even want to justify past sins. The Christian is considered a new creation for the very reason that said Christian has died to sin and as a result, alive in Christ.
>>
>>35585292
What are your thoughts on hell?
One of the biggest reasons I gave up my faith is because of the concept of hell. During the last few months before I became an agnostic deist I didn't want to give up my faith but I couldn't reconcile an all loving god with the punishment of hell, so I decided that hell existed as a possible punishment however no one was ever damned there. How could anyone ever do something so atrocious that eternal torment was a just punishment. I don't even believe in the death penalty. If I, a flawed human, am not OK with giving a murderer a quick death then how could I accept that a God who loved that man as a father loves his son would send that man to an inescapable plane of existence where he would be burned alive for billions of years. That is not a just god.
>>
>>35585292
>Baptist
I'm not familiar with it. You aren't a sola fida denomination, are you?
>>
File: 533462452.jpg (31KB, 500x495px) Image search: [Google]
533462452.jpg
31KB, 500x495px
>not using all the free time you have to leave behind earthly concerns and achieve an ecstatic union with the divine

Who here /AscendingMountCarmel/?
>>
>>35585621
No, faggot. Repentance for sin is not necessary for salvation, but only by faith in Jesus you can come into the kingdom of haven
>>
>>35586153
To further explain what I was trying to say, a Christian can return to his sin willingly, but since one can't lose salvation, they will still be saved. For their sin they will be punished in this world, but they will indeed go to Haven after death
>>
>>35579731
Why would you believe that a dude created everything when science , chemistry , biology etc can explain everything
>>
>>35586608
>dude science lmao
There are a lot of things that are still unknown, and things that by their very definition will never be known to us
>>
>>35586640
So you'd rather believe what a book says instead of trusting people who do experiments every day ?
>>
>>35586672
Not a book, the book is for starters honestly. What religion is good for is keeping a cohesive strong society. Its an essential part of a great civilization. Doesn't automatically discard science experiments lmao people.

But it is what these people are too stupid to see, a child can be like 'lol no evidence', but it takes insight to realize the importance of it.
>>
>>35580620
Women should NEVER, I repeat NEVER transition.
>>
>>35586715
how do you know one religion is true and the other is not?
>>
>>35579731
Would you have been a muslim if you were born in a muslim country, or a hindu if you were born in a hindu country?

Do you think what you believe is true based on facts or do you simply believe in your specific religion because that's what your cultural environment told you was the correct way.
>>
>>35585292
>You can't say Jesus is a good example to follow and then disregard his words.

I don't believe in the supernatural, but I believe in morality. I am saying that even though I don't believe the supernatural framework of Christianity, true belief in the framework as laid out by Jesus will result in moral behavior.

However, what you say makes me question my view that true Christian belief leads to moral behavior. One central tenant of my moral framework is a recognition and respect for self-aware life. If you believe that you, and by extension the rest of humanity, are an incomplete sub-person without the belief in and acceptance of Jesus as a divine being, one thing that follows is that you should not recognize or respect other self-aware life as persons unless it holds that belief in and acceptance of Jesus as a divine being. At best you would pity me for being a sub-person and despair for my unfulfilled person hood.

This view is, quite honestly, immoral and toxic from my perspective. How can we fundamentally come to see eye to eye and live in harmony despite our different beliefs, if it follows from your belief framework that I am an undeserving sub-person who will never be complete?
>>
File: rawr.jpg (7KB, 184x275px) Image search: [Google]
rawr.jpg
7KB, 184x275px
Help me, I CAN'T STOP MASTURBATING

oraganoul
>>
>>35588716
So?

Original content is a spook
>>
>>35588798
Masturbating sends you to Hell, obviously. Do you even Christian?
>>
I'm an athiest but if god does exist he made just to suffer, I'm poor ugly and the only person I love and loved me back now lies to herself saying she doesnt love me all because of some stupid shit, so if god does exist tell him to stop fucking my life and to give me my loved one back
Thread posts: 134
Thread images: 26

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.