[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Retail Feels Thread Advice Edition Thanks for giving me the

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 190
Thread images: 28

File: retailfeels.jpg (114KB, 849x565px) Image search: [Google]
retailfeels.jpg
114KB, 849x565px
Retail Feels Thread
Advice Edition

Thanks for giving me the advice to get insoles for my boots, they're comfy af and now I think I can push more carts without getting any blisters anon.
>>
The bottom of my feet always hurt and dr shills seems to make it worse. I wish I had comfy feet.

I'm going to work tomorrow after a week vacation I'm not ready to be abused by customers.
>>
File: 1486859455501.png (145KB, 1920x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1486859455501.png
145KB, 1920x1200px
Lol at retail cucks

> work nightshift never see any coworkers
> work security shack at trucking company
> eat healthy snacks and watch youtube videos
> shitpost and take naps sometimes
> 15 bucks an hour

Who /comfyatwork/ here
>>
File: 53349911_p0.png (589KB, 861x899px) Image search: [Google]
53349911_p0.png
589KB, 861x899px
hey cart pusher man. do you work at Home Depot?
>>
>>35578125
love these threads

>>35578216
Yeah it fucking sucks. The best shoes for me are black converse, tied tight. All the support feels so comfy
>>
>>35578426
Close but no cigar, I work at Lowe's

>>35578429
I have a pair of Nikes for when I'm on the register. Feels like I'm walking on clouds and no sound unless I step really hard.
>>
Im a vendor, I get shitter on my managers, employees, and customers
>>
File: 29161821_p0.jpg (188KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
29161821_p0.jpg
188KB, 1000x1000px
>>35578460
oh right right. glad you're getting max comfy at work. I don't really work retail, but part of my job involves customer service.
>be working in uni's archives
>part of job is to help get whatever collections students need
>on tuesday working the front desk
>suddenly 6 students show up asking for different collections
>get flustered, try to get them to form a line
>typing and searching like crazy to find stuff relevant to their vague requests
>get 3 of their things sorted out
>boss comes out and asks in "that" tone, "do you need any help anon?"
>"oh no i think i got it"
>finally get everything sorted out and get the students their stuff after about 20 minutes
>5 minutes late boss calls me in to his office
>"anon, i know you just started here recently but what i just witnessed was atrocious. step it up"
>"uh, such thing sir"
>be sad and embarrassed for rest of shift
>>
File: images.jpg (6KB, 275x183px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
6KB, 275x183px
>>35578398
Lol at wagecucks

>NEET
>40k in savings
>rich parents
>no expenses
>get to be comfy everyday
>never have to interact with anyone.

Who else /neetmasterrace/ here?
>>
>>35578569
>that tone

One of the head cashiers at work always seems to have that tone with me whenever she talks to me. It makes me kind of scared of her.

Your boss sounds like a cunt though, there was a better way to word that.

Glad to hear you're doing alright though buddy, keep going. Fuck your boss though.
>>
>>35578429
I work at publix so I have to wear shineable shoes and they fucking hurt.
I once wore all black athletic shoes and they felt so good but my manager told me I couldn't wear them because they didn't fit dress code.
>>
>>35578624
god that sucks
>>
File: 1478401430855.png (229KB, 500x544px) Image search: [Google]
1478401430855.png
229KB, 500x544px
>>35578624
do you get free publix deli sandwiches?
>>
>>35578125
Can a pharmacist get in on this
>tfw spent over six figures to stand next to a kid working minimum wage with no schooling
>tfw 6 years
>>
>>35578657
No ;_;
Unless someone compliments me or I help a manager out and they are feeling generous. I have one free sub coupon I need to use.

But we don't even get discounts on groceries
>>
File: 1456068496775.jpg (24KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
1456068496775.jpg
24KB, 400x400px
>>35578569
>"anon, i know you just started here recently but what i just witnessed was atrocious. step it up"
christ thats fucked up
>>
>>35578764
i dont blame him. he's a 55, bitter, single, and works in possibly the most boring job ever. i kinda see my future in him sometimes.
>>
>>35578717
>tfw pharmacist for cvs
>love every second of it
>in a busy store, 3k scripts a week
>partner is literally of revolving door of normies too stuck up and entitled to work hard for the paycheck

I do feel guilty about the techs though, I just never show it.
>>
I want to fug both my bosses and a few of my coworkers in the pussies
>>
>tfw urge to fuck your middle aged female coworkers

What happens if I do happen to fuck?
>>
>>35578827
Hey man me too, HR is actually kinda cute too.
>>
fuck i loved the retail job i worked after high school. i felt very at home and comfortable, got along with everyone, no one gave me shit, i did whatever i wanted all day. i had romantic feelings for a girl there and they were reciprocated -- nothing ever 'official' came of it but we spent a lot of time together that i look back on with romantic nostalgia. i had fun there almost every day.

easily the only time of my life where i felt good being alive. place closed and all went downhill. actually i have a much better job now and am much better off financial, but i've ever had the emotional/social fulfillment in my life as i did during those 2 years.
>>
>tfw middle-aged coworkers often have pantylines or nice fat-asses (and tits too)

>>35578827
>>35578837

How do you guys control it?
>>
>>35578950
typically rub one out in the back
>>
>>35578950
easy just stuff some gunge down their pantsu
>>
>>35578950
Control what? I'm not going to tackle them in the middle of the store and start raping them. I handle it the same way I handle seeing any attractive woman. I go home and jerk off while thinking about them.
>>
>>35578950
by staring at their feet
>>
>>35578950
If I really cant control it, I'll usually head off to the bathroom and rub one out there.
>>
I missed work at Target today. No call, no show because I did not keep track of my schedule. Am I fired, robot bros?
>>
Do you guys ever deal with thieves?
>>
>>35579087
Hello fellow Targetbro
>>
>>35579130
Wish we could. We can't legally do anything.
>>
>>35579151
What part of the store do you work in?
>>
>>35579196
flow team and flex fullfillment, sometimes backroom
>>
>>35579218
All of those roles have always seemed comfy. Plenty of hours . At my location, there's this chick who is our go-to Flex-fuller. She is literally a sprightly anime girl (but she is white), constantly flashing the peace sign and shutting her eyes.
>>
>>35579312
>Plenty of hours
Wew. Not at my store. Thankfully my bosses like me and let me stay late sometimes. Flex is pretty comfy as long as you're not getting a bunch of clothing items that you have to spend forever looking for. I like the boxing aspect of it though. That's a very robot position.
>>
>>35579365
Maybe I should look into the cross training. I was originally hired on for Electronics. I was never sent there, though; they kept me as hardlines/cashier instead. Electronics is hell, anyway. I was never mad.
>>
>>35579436
They were going to schedule me for cross training in electronics but they took pity on me and didn't want to stick me there during the Switch launch. Feels like I dodged a bullet.
>>
>>35579483
Yeah. I can hardly imagine that. I barely work 15 hours a week. The madness of the Switch's launch day was completely lost on me.

There is something about cashiering that really gets under my skin. I feel like I am on the verge of a violent outburst every time I work a shift.
>>
>>35579558
You should really try and switch somewhere else. I did cashiering at my previous job and was depressed and angry all the time. Now that I've started at Target, I'm actually enjoying work a bit. Try to get something that let's you stay in the backroom. So much less stress that way.
>>
>>35579087
Nah, just show up like nothing happened. And when they ask where you were, just say you had no idea you had to work
>>
>swallow a spoonful of kratom before shift
>work is suddenly tolerable, almost enjoyable
>>
>>35578125
>no one at my register
>or any of the registers around me
>an old person comes by
>accidentally glance at them
>they stop in their tracls, turn 90 degrees and shuffle towards by register
Every time
>>
>>35578569
Why are bosses so fucking stupid and say stuff like that instead of
"Next time just be chill and do your best"

You're okay lad
>>
>>35580223
i love watching old people shuffle along. there's just something endearing about it.
>>
>>35579989
This m8. All day long.
>>
>>35578125
So I got a new job and my feet hurt so much.

What insoles do you recommend?
>>
>>35578827
>tfw only the fat coworkers crush/talk to me

Fml
>>
>>35580449
>girl works at Starbucks
>She's cute
>Calls me charming one day
>Figure out she's gay on Valentine's day

Yeah, someone's got a real twisted idear of 'avin' a laff, I tell you wot.
>>
working at a register constantly fucking sucks. I can't do anything else in the store, and we only get 10 minute breaks.
>>
>>35578809
I'm a pharmacy technician at CVS working with an overly stressed pharmacist. I love and hate it. Just have me count drugs in peace and enter scripts then I'll be happy but throw overly stressed customers that love to lay the blame on you and it gets tiresome. The new scrubs are nice though...
>>
>>35578460

Never Stop Improving my man. Register sucks, get a different position
>>
>>35580379
Is this your first job standing on your feet for extended periods?
>>
I have no respect for people who get caught doing crime pertaining to retail.

If you're gonna spend your time breaking the law, spend the little amount of time to ensure you don't get caught doing it.
>>
>>35580967
Haha
Not even on the register. (I do get scheduled for it and I hop on whenever they get swamped)
I get to push carts and help people load things into their cars.
Mulch and Soil fucking suck.
>>
File: 1477270427473.jpg (506KB, 2296x3480px) Image search: [Google]
1477270427473.jpg
506KB, 2296x3480px
>>35580947
>>35578809

>tfw front store cashier
>tfw happy af where i am at
>manager is nice to cashiers but kills shifts
>tries to get me to become tech or shift for like 50 cents more, fuck that too drug test
>hate tech because cant walk around and get my exercise for day, im constantly running into ppl

cvs feels thread?
>>
>Working registers in supermarket, shift finished just as a big rush occurs
>As I'm taking out my register drawer this boomer fucking shit comes over
>"MATE ARE YOU SERIOUSLY LEAVING NOW LOOK AT ALL THE PEOPLE WAITING FAIR DINKUM"
>Reply "yup see ya" and walk off whilst a shitload of customers glare at me

>Guy comes in smelling like shit
>Starts ranting about how he was at a protest in Sydney, got shot in the head six times, but survived because he's Jesus
>"The government is changing the laws so they can arrest immigrants at any time!"
>Just stand there smiling and nodding

>Working in liquor dept
>Middle aged women come in and ask me whether or not they should get wine - not asking me for recommendations mind you, but whether or not they need to purchase it
>Have to resist the urge to fucking spank them for being so fucking indecisive and juvenile they can't even buy wine without the permission of a male figure, then get a chub at the mental image
>>
File: 1477312215516.png (768KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
1477312215516.png
768KB, 600x600px
>>35581055

>tfw helping a customer on photo kiosk one time
>has me help him print out a 4x6 of his penis
>nig who says its for medical purposes
>never expected to see black dick at work

>women threw cereal at me one time because old lady in front of her was taking too long

>some guy beat his girl in our parking lot

>"yo you sell cigarettes"
>have to resist the urge to ask if theyve been fucking sleeping for 3 years
>>
>>35581019
Dude no Loader sucks. OSLG is better than loading.

ISLG is best position in the store tho
>>
>>35581305
Loader does fucking suck dude. I hate it, but it also fulfills my masochistic tendencies. (Since I see pushing carts as some sort of punishment)

I do find cool things once in awhile, I found a $80 Casio G-Shock on the bottom of a basket once, it was the day after Christmas too.

Bossman said I might get to go to Paint though, here's to that.

ISLG is best though from what I've seen. Pretty comfy.
>>
>first week on the job
> Unbearably awkward phone conversation for a condom recommendation
> Still not sure if it was real or not
> Still get teased about it

> Rush hour
> Someone waits in line for Sudafed we don't have
> Goes backs to pull all the cards of Sudafed and dumps it on my counter for "wasting his time"

>We have a drive through
>In the summer we give give treats to all the puppies that pull up
>>
File: 13867533.jpg (4KB, 249x180px) Image search: [Google]
13867533.jpg
4KB, 249x180px
>get tax documents
>fucking nigger Baby Boomers stole hundreds of dollars from me

FUCK SOCIAL SECURITY!! OUR GENERATION WON'T EVEN GET TO USE IT SINCE IT'S BEING BLED DRY BY THESE ALZHEIMERS FUCKS
>>
File: 1477606505486.jpg (37KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
1477606505486.jpg
37KB, 600x600px
>>35581394

a woman call and we had a talk about vibrators for 2 minutes

i dont know anymore man
>>
>>35581366
Most comfy.

Paint isn't bad, I like watching the dye get swirled in, pretty colors. The thing about paint tho is the customers.

>"Anon, do you think I should paint Ashley's room seashell pink or anemone purple? She's seven and she likes unicorns but then again maybe I should paint it like a violet color? "

IDGAF maybe you should ask Ashley wtf she wants. She probably wants it blue, motherfucker.

This also might just be my store, but the second-most vapid, ditzy girls work in paint (The stupidest ones never make it off the register)
>>
>>35579130
Im an "awareness expert" at old navy, and we get robbed at least a small amount daily. I can't do shit but record it if i see it. And good luck getting those gen 1 iphones to respond in time to be able to record a quick theft
>>
>>35580487
Gay women flirt with fucking everybody
>>
>>35581499
Nice dubs.
I dunno, your theory kind of checks out. There's one ghetto girl that works the paint area, the other two, one's blonde and she's a bit goofy but means well and the other is nice to me.

A lot of people at work are nice to me for some reason.

I do hate when customers ask me shit, like I'm supposed to know how to wire stuff or the best way to nail together something. I just happened to be passing by electrical buddy, I can't want won't give you advice on how to do something cause it'll probably result in your fucking death.
>>
>working my second job tonight as dishwasher
>other job already worked me 8 hours, now to start another 5
>training new guy today but he was already a dish washer
>ohthisgonbeeasytonight.jpeg
>closing store, dishes all caught up
>janitor dude and shift leader get in a fight and he gets sent home
>now I gotta clean and close 3x more things
>shift leader in pissy mood now and she starts giving me shit when I'm balls deep in my 13 hour day
>we are decent work-friends cause we both been working there for 4 years
>lay it out to her:
"I get tonight suck for you, it does for me too and that ain't your fault or problem but when you gotta give me more work you don't give me more shit, even if you really want to and we both no how bad you do"
>rolled a nat 20 charisma
>"Alright, I'm sorry anon, it's just so shitty tonight. I'll cover this close and you just help the new guy and we'll all get out at the same time."
>tired af but rest of the night she was cool

Now to wake up at 8am for my 7-hour Friday
>>
>>35581588

I don't fuck with electrical or plumbing. Pretty much everything else I'm willing to B.S. (or at least give you the first answer that pops up on google) but not that shit.

90% of questions can be answered just by reading the box out loud to them anyways
>>
>>35581482
Apparently the CVS's in Vegas sells them. The stories they must have there
>>
>>35581668
I usually read the box or call the person working the department over to help the customer since most of the people I work with know what they're doing and I'm a fucking dumbass.
(which explains why I push carts)

Which dept. do you work?
>>
we have them here in the northeast nothing too phallic just like so
>>
>>35581728
I need to move further up north apparently...
>>
>>35581156
Only ever almost been assualted by a customer once and it was my first job at McD.
Unfortunately I don't remember why but I worked the line, not the counter, so my manager was way closer to this dude but he was yelling at me for whatever fucking reason
My manager was cool though and told the fuckface off

Oh and another time (or several actually, this one is a little common) I had someone reach over the sneeze-gaurd glass and reach their grubby shit-paws as close to the pans of food as fucking possible cause I had a hard time hearing their order in the ensuing chaos. I don't think I've ever seen someone refused sevice at that job for mistreating employees...
>>
>>35581055
cvs right next to me is hiring clerk/cashier position, would you recommend it for a robot? I've been a cashier my past 3 jobs and I fucking hated it, but is cvs any better?
>>
>>35580969
Yes
I went from being on my bed shitposting on 4chan 24/7 to standing in my feet for 4 hours a day.
>>
>>35581706
ISLG, except my DM got moved to oversee Appliances when they did the whole "restructuring" thing and now he's unofficially transferring me over there every shift. rip me
>>
>>35581917
>restructuring thing
That really jumbled up a whole bunch of people didn't it?
I mean, now we have like five or six ASM's its crazy.
But at the same time, its kind of fun to watch.
>>
>>35581865
Just standing is the worst
At least with stock-boy or janitor jobs you get to walk and keep your legs and arms stretched. Standing in one spot puts so much stress on your heels.
Also you get to wander off if you get bored. Hard to do that with the register.
>>
>>35581954
It's such a shitshow. It takes me like 15 minutes to get an override now.

Not to mention that so many less people have override cards. You would think that with less people on the floor, it would make sense for MORE people to have them, but no. Fuck logic, this is Lowe's.
>>
I am planning to get a job stocking shelves at my local grocery store. Is this an autistic idea? I am not great around people and am okay with lifting things/pretty tall.
>>
File: 1477508516280.jpg (111KB, 960x541px) Image search: [Google]
1477508516280.jpg
111KB, 960x541px
>>35581858

entirely depends on how busy the store is and if it's in a nig neighborhood

if you are working part time its tolerable but i cant stand doing the occasional 32-40hr week ive worked on school breaks

i have worked at different stores across the country and each one as a vastly different experience in terms of getting along with the clientele, doing different tasks (money orders, or passport photos, sign of wealth in an area), and general relaxed mode to busy af all the time mode

its about as best you can do as far as "generic register job" goes, it isn't food, big, and sometimes you feel good helping people or finding something for someone if they are fucked up.

there are two to three shifts you can get away with per week, (truck and sales tags) that you could potentially avoid the register if your store has more than just a manager and a cashier for those shifts (which they should if they arent deprived of employees and a not busy store, and if its not busy thats a win)
>>
>>35581960
I feel you bro. I too work the register I'm 3 weeks in and I might already quit. My feet hurt too much.
>>
>>35582159

they'll stop hurting

get some decent nike run/exercise shoes don't need insoles but if you do get them don't get any dr scholls gel shit go to a shoemaker get the real deal they are good for your feet

source: a foot dr post on reddit a while back
>>
>work middle management in retail
>mfw dealing with the autists who probably lurk this board

If only you knew my true power level, robots.... if only you knew.
>>
>>35582241
>power level
>middle management of retail

pick one
>>
>>35582420

Just cause I can blend in and hide my literal autism as "awkwardness" doesn't make me any less of a robot, you stupid son of a bitch.

I still have never got da pus, chicks are repulsed by me, only thing I got going for me is being able to blend in because I have no family or friends to rely on so I kinda have to in order to survive.
>>
File: 1476989634174.png (42KB, 846x592px) Image search: [Google]
1476989634174.png
42KB, 846x592px
i recently started working at an store as a bag boy and i guess its alright, managment seems to like me since i get my shit done only 3 days a week right now though. they left me a message today saying they needed someone for a morning shift needless to say i didnt call back how fucked am i ?
>>
>The cashier comments on your alcoholism

If any of you fucks do that just end your life
>>
>>35579087
don't bother showing up. manager will be foaming at his teeth and then fire you
>>
Is it easy to find a 2-3 day AT MOST job a week?

I have a really, REALLY bad back. 3 slipped discs from multiple car accidents, and if I lift things for too long I'll lock up like an 80 year old man.

I'm trying to find a decent calm retail job in something like books a million or a comic store but I can't for the life of me find anything. Does anyone else have any suggestions for decent retail work 2-3 days a week that wont murder me?
>>
I wish you pathetic excuses for a human being would learn how to do your fucking job.
>>
I got a call today asking me to come in 3 days next week. I just want to sit around and do nothing but I can't turn them down because I need the money ;_;
>>
>>35582754
maybe you should stop being a drunken retard then
>>
>>35582902

.. any casual position at a grocery store?
>>
>>35582925

Maybe you should fuck off you normalfag piece of shit
>>
File: IMG_0275.gif (14KB, 633x758px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0275.gif
14KB, 633x758px
>manager hates that I'm a lazy, slow-thinking retard
>he won't fire me because he has a crush on my sister that works with me
>tfw I make 9.50 an hour for doing nothing
>>
>>35578950
>implying ill do anything about it
>>
>>35582754
>"looks like someone is ready to party!"
>"oh my GOSH, you drink that without any mixers??"
>"make sure you grab something to eat, hon."

That last one was actually sincere, she was a nice black lady
>>
>>35582953
You evil son-of-a-bitch
>>
>>35582945
then go to the store faggot
nobody asked for you to come
>>
>>35583084
I come where I please. Open up
>>
>>35579312
>sprightly anime girl
Please tell me you've tried talking to this girl
>>
>>35578125
>Supermarket is understaffed
>Particularly the fruits and veggies section
>They try to make up for it by sending someone from the meats or some of the cleaning staff to handle it
>None of them know the codes
>Last time I had to wait ten minutes for anyone to show up at all and when the guy did he was still wearing the apron from the back in the meats likely cross contaminating all my veggies
Then he started to slowly and painfully check for the codes until realizing the code for fucking bell peppers wasn't there so he opened a big book and kept checking
>I got pretty fucking pissed, made him weight the corn and left 4 bags full of unweighted shit there
Told him to fucking get more people, there was a 9 costumer line
>>
>>35583291
I dont speak Japanese fluently
>>
File: 1488756646735.jpg (42KB, 712x712px) Image search: [Google]
1488756646735.jpg
42KB, 712x712px
>the girls in the other department say they always listen to my voice when I call over the intercom for a manager or whatever because I have a "soft voice"
what did they mean by this
>>
>>35578837
I know this feel. If I saw them in any other environment I wouldn't care, but for some reason I want to fug
>>
>>35582707
>i recently started working
>they needed someone
>i didnt call back

rookie error
>>
>>35584735
Not him, but I've gotten away with ignoring a few of those messages. The first few times I did come in or at least answer the call, though.
>>
>>35583594
They want to sit on your face.
>>
>>35579130
Fuckin endlessly, atleast 3-4x a day

T. Liquor store anon
>>
File: 1489457744902.jpg (72KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1489457744902.jpg
72KB, 1920x1080px
>start working at a hospital
>in the three weeks I've been there, I've already covered 6 shifts, and worked 2 doubles
>personally fine with this, as I need the money and I'm also the new guy
>parents stressing me out by saying things like "they're using you" and "you know they're only doing this because you're the new guy, right?"

I was NEET for 3 years and desperate for a job, but they only show concern now that I'm working like nigga wtf
>>
I worked at Best Buy and it just might be the worst retail company in the continent.
>>
>>35584995
Pls explain. I was so close to landing a job there, but I went with an office job last-minute
>>
>>35584784
Heh, I wish. There's some cute girls who work back there.
>>
File: 575433788997.jpg (112KB, 720x700px) Image search: [Google]
575433788997.jpg
112KB, 720x700px
Why are americans so wage cucked?
>>
>>35585082
Bennies aren't as easy to get over here. I can't wait for the machines to take all our jerbs
>>
File: 1482203198075.jpg (145KB, 496x641px) Image search: [Google]
1482203198075.jpg
145KB, 496x641px
Don't you die on me! Liiiive
>>
>>35585361

Brownies are made of batter, not dough. It wouldn't be possible for him to cut them into shapes like that.
>>
>>35585439
You dont know nuffin
>>
The night ahift produce job I work is decent, the work is easy and I'm left alone almost all night to get it done. I worry however, these days I find myself getting complacent. The days bleed into one another and while there may be some silver lining to a no stress life, I can't find anything to enjoy anymore either. I need to get out before my first year is up.
>>
>>35585577
Why not just complete the first year, take your paid vacation, then see how you feel? I did that at my last job, and spent my entire week of vacation job hunting
>>
File: IMG_1270.jpg (105KB, 720x960px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1270.jpg
105KB, 720x960px
How do my fellow /wagecucks/ able to tolerate mexishits at work?
I quit being sous chef twice at 2 italiam restaurants because i was the only non beaner speaking legal american in there.
I literally had to move to Oregon from SoCal just so i can enjoy my job/hobby for once.

Heres a little protip if ever you wanna eat out: if you see mexican workers in the kitchen; just leave, food will come out sloppy and undercooked 99% of the time. Because they are ALWAYS in a rush making mistakes
>>
>>35584952
Yeah that's ridiculous, I know people who would kill to have that level of work available to them.
>>
>>35578809
>work at CVS photo department part time while finishing my degree
>I have two more semesters left before graduating
>No internship experience to put in my resumes
>tfw I'll be stuck at this shit job till I start losing hair

I feel like dropping out to go to a Pharmacy Tech school.

They look so comfy behind the pharmacy counter every time I pass by.
>>
>>35581142
You work at woolies mate?
>>
>>35583291
Funnily enough, she is one of the first people I spoke to when I had the job. She was nice and welcoming, asked me a whole lot of questions. She was too good-looking, though; her personality far too nice albeit a bit obnoxious in large doses. That is all to say, I could tell that she was a magnet for Chad cock.
>>
>>35581142
lmao god I dont know how you do it
>>
>>35584952
What kind of work are you doing? It's always interesting to see NEETs skip retail/fastfood shit.
>>
>Started work on an old person care home
>all the old people think im a girl

abstract feel
>>
File: tumblr_nqnvcs4ErN1siyctao1_500.jpg (93KB, 500x667px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nqnvcs4ErN1siyctao1_500.jpg
93KB, 500x667px
>>35587353

our pharmacy is busy so only weirdos and sadists are back there

>ringing out people stoned one time from hitting dab pen on break
>older woman is drunk with her boyfriend
>she's laughing and saying she was at the beach
>i start laughing my ass off because im stoned
>we just keep fucking giggling at each other the rest of the order and the bf is cucked talking to some other guy

im out of semi-interesting greentexts
>>
>>35578809
I work at a cvs warehouse doing IT work. The people that actually work in the warehouse stocking, picking, and forklifting are literally slaves. I am not joking it is modern day slavery.
>>
>>35589884

amazon is worse
>>
Not shitting on wagies here, just a generally curious question:

Do you not feel awful working long weeks for minimum wage at shitty jobs and having to deal with normies?

I'm on a disability personally so if I was working a min wage job I'd only be making like $150 more in a 50 hour week or something ridiculous like that from what I currently earn.

If I had to slave myself for that long, make myself extremely uncomfortable / exhausted and only get shit pay I think that would just about be enough to push me over the edge.
>>
>>35590021
Maybe so, but still. These warehouse workers are timed on literally everything they do. And if they don't work full speed and make their numbers they get fired. If you clock in even 1 min late 3 times in a year. Boom fired. Stockers literally open boxes day in and day out. 90% of the workforce is black. It is a never ending ratrace where the worker is hamster in a wheel with never ending work for shit pay. I did it for 2 weeks (only was able to get to 75% productivity going full ham opening boxes) before moving to admin, because of the college meme. It is worse than prison. I dont know why someone would do this to themselves instead of working in a restaurant or delivering pizzas.

Let my fucking people go.
>>
>working night shift cashier
>at 6 AM the phone rings
>"Thank you for calling Kroger how can I help you?"
>some old sounding woman starts a slurring rant about how she just had brain surgery and generally didn't make sense
>listen to it until I hang up because what the fuck
>>
>>35578398
>night shift
>only one day out of the week I work with someone else and she's chill
>customers rarely come in
>spend nights blasting music and dancing/singing while cleaning
>infinite smoke breaks

I am very /comfyatwork/
>>
>tfw got a comfy factory job
>just do the same shit for 8 hours
>finally free from retail hell
>>
>>35581482
We sell them at my cvs as well and I live in florida. Along with lube and HIV tests.
>>
>>35578429
>converse
>support
you're an idiot if you think 70's-style basketball shoes are supportive
>>
>>35581142
>>>"MATE ARE YOU SERIOUSLY LEAVING NOW LOOK AT ALL THE PEOPLE WAITING FAIR DINKUM"
>>Reply "yup see ya" and walk off whilst a shitload of customers glare at me
When I grow up I want to be like you

I just can't handle confrontations of any kind
>>
>>35579776
this

i worked at a place where i got confused and worked on my day off and then took the next day off thinking it was my day off. no one noticed until the system flagged the absence and sent it to my manager. she fixed it but was more embarrassed than mad at me because neither she nor her two assistant managers noticed my two fuck ups. good boss, wish i still worked with her
>>
>>35590791
the customer reminds me of every late night trip to walmart. the self-checkout registers are closed and there's only one register open. at some point a line will form and some asshole will start foaming at the mouth about how ridiculous it is that there aren't more people there at 1am to check out customers. he'll almost always stomp off in search of a manager as if it's his duty to find someone to "fix" the problem. then, once he comes back he will gloatingly announce that someone's rushing to help out
>>
>>35582917
what happened? did an employee make a mistake, did an unexpected system error occur, or did they follow their training and do something you didn't like?
>>
>>35583594
it means you don't screech into the mic like so many other fucks. i can't regulate my voice with our system because i either end up yelling or i'm too soft-spoken and conversational so no one can hear me
>>
>>35584952
just wait until you can't or won't cover a shift. suddenly you're unreliable and not dependable. seriously, if you do not maintain whatever level you set for yourself in the beginning then people will immediately stop liking you
>>
>>35590065
Not everyone can stomach going through with suicide, and failure is worse than not trying in this case.

And if you ain't gonna die, a terrible job is still better than being homeless and hungry, specially if you also wouldn't be able to rob or if you're an autist who also wouldn't manage to ask for change.

I wish my country had neetbux...
>>
>>35589580
That happened to me only a song came on and me and the stoned couple completely stopped talking, listened for a minute, then spent twenty minutes discussing the song and band
>>
>>35578125
How the fuck do I escape retail????
I can't take it any more, I dread going to work everyday and I want to quit but if I do ill be homeless.
HELP
>>
>>35578398
Cool story bro.
Im an actual security guard, and I know as a fact you are full of shit...
>>
>>35591012
I guess in certain countries you just have to work or starve.

I'm un-ironically disabled and receive a pension for it, if I lived somewhere without welfare I'd probably have to kill myself or be homeless.
>>
>>35591024
find a new job. also, if you aren't in stocking or unloading then get there asap. every retail store has its cushy positions (except for kiosks and stores with only a couple of employees) so go for it.

but seriously, find a new job
>>
>>35584952
How did you get a job like that skipping retail/fast food first?
fucking white male
>>
File: df3[1].jpg (41KB, 600x590px) Image search: [Google]
df3[1].jpg
41KB, 600x590px
>>35591162
>find a new job
wow I never thought of that
>>
>>35591183
and that's why you're a retail cuck, fucker
>>
Dept manager. Just finished slacker no off in the restroom for 15 now I'm taking a 30 min break at the in store McDonald's
>>35578216
Dr soles suck ass literally hurt my feet, took them off after the 2nd day.
>>
>>35591024
How old are you?

Originate
>>
>>35589471
>only guy working at store apart from butcher
>have long hair
>coworkers call me princess
>boss probably thinks i'm gay
>>
>>35591530
isthemostoriiggila number
>>
>>35578125
I'm tired of standing all day it's killing my whole body. And I'm not a fat fuck either, mt BMI is barely in the normal range, almost underweight. My feet, knees, and back hurt like hell and my asshole boss won't let me have a chair for no reason other than it doesn't look like I'm working hard if I'm sitting. I'm not getting paid enough to cover the medical bills I'm going to have from this job.
>>
>>35591539
Have you tried joining the military if you are in the US.
>>
>>35591556
start working out
srs
>>
>>35591580
>have you tried joining the military
I did but I didn't score high enough on the assvab to get in
>>
>>35591708
>assvab
lol no shit you didn't score high enough, you fucking tard
>>
>test post 133 testo
>>
>>35591720
obviously joking you stupid fuck.
I never really cared for the military any way, its a joke.
>>
File: 19243585.jpg (61KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
19243585.jpg
61KB, 400x400px
>>35591793
>i'm too dumb to join the welfare queens' military but i definitely know how to spell ASVAB
>>
>>35591847
Are you autistic or are you purposely being obtuse by not getting the 'assvab' joke...?
God damn you're retarded. Eat my asshole
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (20KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
20KB, 1280x720px
>>35591959
>being butthurt for being a retard who's "assvab" joke failed and trying this hard to look like a tough guy
how the fuck can you be so stupid you failed the asvab when even a 31 will get you in the army?
>hurr durr i don't even want to join the military, it's a joke
you are special
>>
what insoles with arch support should i buy?

those who wear them, what model do you have?
>>
>>35592026
military is for normies and retards that couldn't make it in real society...
You can make fun of me all you want for not passing the ASSvab, but I believe im not missing out on anything. Besides, im clearly too street smart for it. Not my style.
>>
>>35591044
Security anon, how's the job? I'm going to apply for a security license and think it would be nice to hear how my average day would look like.
>>
>>35592109
>im clearly too street smart for it
>>
>>35591708
Im the guy that originally asked. Sucks anon. Maybe try to train to be a security guard? Or maybe get enough retail experience and try to open your own shop in the future?
>>
>>35592155
Don't buy into the meme that its a comfy job where you'll be left alone to shit post and eat junkrood all day.

Just a few months ago I had to wrestle a meth head because he tried choking a nurse.

Average day varies, but usually there are long periods of absolutely nothing going on, but there is all kinds of asinine bullshit that occurs to keep me busy.
You have to stand and walk all day so get used to it. You will NOT sit around and shitpost on 4chan. That is what your supervisors will be doing while they sit in the control room and watch your every move on camera. Falling asleep on the job is grounds for being fired on the spot. I don't carry a weapon, so everyone and their mom will challenge you since they don't view you as a real authority figure.

I have to deal with angry visitors every single day and be viewed like some kind of nuisance by other people that make more money than me on the site.
Too much favoritism goes on as well. I showed up late once and got written up, while this fat brown noser comes late every single fucking night and no one says anything because he managed to get all friendly with the managers while he worked here. He's been here for like 2 years and still just a flex officer. I make more money than he does and has twice the experience but he talks down to me like im some kind of retard. Told him to fuck off once, and all the supervisors on my shift have been riding my ass passive aggressively ever since.

It sucks
>>
>>35592293
>you'll be left alone to shit post and eat junkfood all day.
Never really thought of it being like that tbqh, but good to have a confirmation. In general seems like a very active job that I wouldn't mind. What about overtime? Or is there no overtime but you get a pay bonus if you work during public holidays?
>>
>>35592365
I get plenty of mandatory overtime since people quit so frequently.
May be different at your site.
>>
>>35592392
Fair enough, anything else I should know before getting into the security business? Like general red flags etc?
>>
>>35592436
If a site you want to work is constantly hiring new people, that usually means the manager is a shithead or the site is really stressful.

Find out more information on armed and unarmed positions.
I position I applied for online was an ARMED secrurity guard position because they make more as unarmed, but when I go to the job interview the site officer/manager tells me that due to their contract his officers are not allowed to carry any weapons at all. So im just a mall cop pretty much.

Be wary of work place politics, they will make or break your time working at site. Be on bad terms with the wrong people, and they will make sure you quit, or get fired. Don't be too friendly or nice. The kinds of people that apply for these jobs see that as a sign of weakness.
>>
>>35592547
Heavily noted, especially the last part. What about fitness? Do you have to be quite /fit/ or a person with average physique could also be considered for the job? I recently took up lifting so just would like to know in advance.
>>
File: 5107815_G.jpg (33KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
5107815_G.jpg
33KB, 640x360px
>>35592436
>being too stupid to get in the military but somehow thinking a security firm will take him on
they wouldn't take you as a charity case, retard
>>
>>35592619
I think you replied to the wrong person, I didn't mention anything about military.
>>
>>35592612
No, most people that work here are old farts with back/knee problems or fat fucks that can barely waddle up stairs.
Me,personally, im /fit/ but it only helps in establishing an intimidating presence when I arrive to a scene to diffuse conflict. I don't really do much lifting at work but its never something too heavy.
>>
>>35592666
Alright, thanks for the advice and info anon. I'll try my best not to fuck up.
>>
>>35592707
Good luck anonymous.
I hope you can get a real job after your time in security.
>>
>>35592829
Cheers, my initial idea is actually to start off as a security guard and then just apply to the police force. By using my experience in the security industry to make me more attractive, hopefully.
>>
>>35592910
>cheers
Oh you're in britbongistan.
Don't know what its like working security in that country, but I would imagine its not as stressful as being one in America. Regardless I hope you have a decent experience
>>
>>35593022
Yeah it seems like you 'murricans have a much harder time in the security industry compared to Europe. Either way I appreciate the help, have a good day.
>>
File: SkypePhoto_20170130_195907.jpg (109KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
SkypePhoto_20170130_195907.jpg
109KB, 640x640px
Someone educate me on retail jobs, is it enjoyable?
I'm about to graduate high school in 2 months (I'm 18) and my GPA is too low for an actual scholarship for university and also I don't really have an ambition for any field in particular. I just want a job that pays decently and doesn't require a tremendous amount of effort.
>>
>>35593879
>is it enjoyable
No, not really. Fucking off with co-workers is alright tho
Thread posts: 190
Thread images: 28

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.