[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Has anyone here ever been to high school prom?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

File: image.jpg (258KB, 1124x623px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
258KB, 1124x623px
It's my last year and some people keep asking if I'm going, and are acting like not going would be devastating.

Why do normies do this?

There's 0% chance I'm going, but have any of you ever went?
>>
>>35576905
I'm a normie for full disclosure, but I went to my senior prom with a few friends. It was fucking pointless, everybody dances badly to shitty pop music for three hours and sweats through their nice clothes. I don't think about the experience at all, and I wouldn't have missed out on anything if I didn't go. If you don't like your class, you're not going to like prom.
>>
>>35576905
Nobody remembers high school prom a month after it happens. Take your girlfriend on a nice date.
>>
>>35577154
What makes you think I'd have a girlfriend? Kek what has this place turned into
>>35577123
I hate everyone in my class minus maybe three friends and a handful of acquaintances. The people who keep asking are people I wouldn't even consider friends.
>>
>>35576905
i went both years and was really crossfaded the first time, took a bunch of adderall the second time and got drunk

it was pretty fun but not even in the top 10 most fun things i did around that age
>>
>>35576905
I went with friends, which is way way better than going alone like a creep or not doing anything at all
>>
>>35577219
Then there's no reason for you to waste your time or money, you wouldn't have a good time.
>>
When I told people in senior year that I wasnt interested in going to prom they made it sound like I committed a crime. I dont understand what the fucking appeal of prom is at all. It really just seems like a waste of a few hours unless you have a date and even then you could literally do anything else and it would be better than having to share the school gym with a bunch of other sweaty teenagers while bad pop music plays.
>>
>>35577312
THISTHISTHIS.
I care what people think a lot, despite being an almost-friendless, autistic loner. Shoule I find friends that aren't going and ask to hang out? even my most robot-like friends are going to try to ask out girls fml ;-;
>>
>>35577495
Anon, just go. Hang out with some friends and try to have a good time. I went with the German qt exchange student my senior year after not going my junior year. We went with a group, had dinner and pics, it was an alright time.

Even if you don't enjoy yourself, you're going to look back in ten years and wish you went. Even if it's not that big of a deal, the thoughts about never going are going to rip you up.
>>
>>35576905
Went to my country's equilevant

It's a posher variant, we dance old ballroom dances in tuxedos in front of primary, middle school and high school students and another time in the evening, where relatives come to see it

A girl asked me because I'm the type that never talks to people apart from occasionally making fun of someone's choice of words, so I guess I was a preferable choice to the other dude that had been asking her and bugging her whether she was "coming for sure". Felt bad for him because I thought he's a good guy, but he asked a even bigger qt after that so it's fine.

It was ok and my family liked it a lot that I went.

Afterparty was the lamest fucking party I've ever been to though. Apart from drinking people basically just sat. Waited around seeing if something stimulating would happen when people get more intoxicated but nothing did, so I fucked off.
>>
>>35577704
In America, they don't allow drinks and actually make you take breathalyzer tests to make sure you're not drunk.
>>35577644
>the thoughts about never going are gonna tear you up
No they won't :]
get the FUCK out, normie
>>
>>35577911
Okay then, don't go you loser :^)
>>
>>35576905
My prom experience:

>Prom is by my house
>My Facebook account is regularly used to invite people to get drunk
>I offer to host the after party
>This girl called Zoe insists that it's at her house
>Well okay, whatever you want
>A few guys go over there with lawnmowers and tidy her hugely overgrown garden up to put tents down

>Discussing prom
>Asked by one of my best friends (a girl) if we should go together
>"I'm not going," I reply
>"I'll have to pay 200 GDP for a suit, transport, entry etc"
>"No alcohol allowed, cringy disco, meal that I don't want to eat.."
>She agrees that it sounds shit
>We both get drunk and attend the after party

>We go to the after party
>Everyone sets up tents
>Zoe's parents call the police because Zoe didn't tell them she was having 150 people round
>We're thrown out
>150 teenagers wander the streets all night
>Cold and bored
>I sit on the swings at a local park and contemplate suicide
>Start walking home and arrive at 8am

Shit after party. 0/10.
I hope Zoe was embarrassed.
>>
It was shit, but at least I had a threesome (with girls, I'm not a fag).
>>
>>35576905
nope could care less about that kind of shit
>>
File: 1445620468487.jpg (83KB, 714x655px) Image search: [Google]
1445620468487.jpg
83KB, 714x655px
>ride the bus with this one cute girl who's one year below me
>sometimes give her rides home when I start driving
>kinda looks like a more homely version of taylor swift if she had glasses and freckles
>senior year, junior/senior prom approaches
>ask her to go with me because I figure I have a pretty good shot since she likes me well enough and isn't one of the popular roasties
>she laughs at me and says no
This was almost 8 years ago and it still hurts. I'm not even good enough for the low-hanging fruit.
>>
>>35577911
The police checks in some towns that they're not because the drinking age is 18 and prom is in February of the people turning 18 so most are 17

In our town there's not even a police station and the people playing the music were drinking before the event, our gym teacher found the beer cans and he just said you should get rid of those before the event begins
>>
i went alone. pathetic. I was so awkward back then. somewhat better now.
>>
Honestly you'll probably fucking hate it but its better to regret going than not going
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.