[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I think i've become emotionless

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2

File: IMG_3006.jpg (17KB, 188x225px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3006.jpg
17KB, 188x225px
I've become emotionless. Nothing makes me feel anything anymore. Years ago, I used to get nervous, happy, sad and anxious all that stuff. But now, I feel nothing. I can't remember the last time I truly felt happy, or sad.
>>
>>35575463
Are you on medication?

Oree-Jennel
>>
Sort out your shit here >>>/adv/
>>
>>35575463
get used to it faggot. when you have any sort of awareness the realities of society, humanity, and your finite life will hollow you out and make you numb.
>>
>>35575463
you're just an edgy faggot please kys
>>
>>35575499
Yeah, cant say this one enough.
>>
>>35575463
Change your life drastically. Nothing is stopping you from walking out the door and doing something different than what you continue to do day in and day out. You won't feel anything again unless you change. People are shit at changing themselves so the easiest option is to just change your location and let the world change you. Go on a pilgrimage.
>>
>>35575512
Don't mind the fucking haters

Haters get your shit together
>>
File: 1226218005544.gif (354KB, 352x288px) Image search: [Google]
1226218005544.gif
354KB, 352x288px
>>35575499
That's silly, once you realize these things you are able to reach enlightenment, understand and feel true emotion.
Maybe you'll get there anon, or maybe you'll keep the edgy depressed teenager mindset.
>>
>>35575491
I hate what /r9k/ has become.
>>
>>35575463
Nah. There's just a thick layer of psychological defenses between your real self and reality.
>>
>>35575565
i highly doubt changing your location and changing nothing about yourself works at all.

what i WILL say though is that if you go somewhere new, without any faggots you knew following you, you basically have a blank slate to experiment on being a new person.

when you have faggots around they tend to box you in psychological to remain a certain set of personality traits etc and they'll start fucking with you if you act different.
>>
>>35575577
I've heard this trope before. How am i supposed to feel "true" emotions when I've rationally observed and experienced being emotionally as a weaker, more unstable state of mind?

Any kind of "enlightenment" that you're talking about isn't usually uplifting.
>happiness is fleeting
>everyone acts in self interest
>women are cunts
the list goes on. I've also had the experience to back it up. i just never had the compartmentalized contexts that are memed on this board. I always had an intuitive understanding that things were not as they seem.
>>
>>35575594
please elaborate, anon. this struck a nerve

t. dead inside poster
>>
>>35575607
I do not recommend this at all.

I moved last year and left all of my friends behind. Now I don't know anyone in the place I live now and I don't have a social life whatsoever.
>>
>>35575699
I don't know if I can explain it too well, but basically you've experienced some negative feedback in the past, which caused you to develop a sort of defensive shell around your personality. Now when you experience something meaningful, your defenses kick in because you're terrified of investing into something emotionally and thus being vulnerable. An example of a defense is mentally berating yourself or rationalizing an event instead of trying to see what it makes you feel.
>>
>>35575756
thats because you're not an INTJ master race sociopath.
>>
>>35575875
that makes sense. i probably rationalize to myself that relationships aren't worth it because i actually am just afraid to get cucked.
>>
>>35575682
Why do you expect enlightenment to be uplifting?
Happiness is fleeting, wishing to no longer try to attain happiness because of this is the mindset of a greedy child.
You are still looking at everything very binary, I would not say that's logical or rational
>>
>>35575938
Yes. I know because I'm the same way. If you did get cucked, you'd just get angry at yourself because it makes you feel more in control than admitting that reality and other people are unpredictable.
>>
>>35576017
well i actually did by my first gf who also took my virginity. then i went and fucked dozens of roasties and concluded that it was better to just sample everything than get emotionally invested in one girl with the same vagina. I also had a decent relationship 6 months ago and decided it wasn't worth it.
>>
I wish that was me. I'm nervous as shit about finding a job.
>>
>>35575952
gonna have to elaborate. what's binary about my thinking and how do you think alternatively? also what's greedy about any of this?
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.