[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Anyone else have any good life hacks?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 5

Anyone else have any good life hacks?
>>
>using raw chicken breast to reach crumbs

don't do it that makes laxative and you end up shitting yer pants!!
>>
File: tru.png (318KB, 417x547px) Image search: [Google]
tru.png
318KB, 417x547px
>>35572870
Another chicken-related life hack is not to overcook it. Anything past medium-rare and you're burning away its natural cleansers and anti-oxidants.
>>
File: salmonella.jpg (44KB, 640x633px) Image search: [Google]
salmonella.jpg
44KB, 640x633px
>>35573112

Reminds me of this chick.
>>
>>35572870

They're called tips or advice. Fuck everyone that calls them 'hacks'
>>
Someone please post the coffee egg one
>>
>>35573112
>>35573145
Is this a meme or is it finally catching on? I've been enjoying medium rare chicken and pork ever since I built a sous vide cooker. After research I now know the risks of illness are pretty negligible for anyone with a functioning immune system but people still overreact even when I tell them it was held at a safe temperature for four hours before being pan seared. I love the texture it gives.

What's funny is the veggie fags make up all this bullshit about how cooking vegetables destroys the useless enzymes they contain and everyone eats it up, some even go as far as to say it removes the nutrients from the vegetables. Obviously bullshit, but then they insist on meat being fucking burnt before they consider eating it.

Another lifehack is making real pickles. It's not hard because bacteria is everywhere but if you're a truly paranoid fuck you can buy cultures of 'safe-germs' for like $10/packet. You can even ferment your beverages. I especially like cold extracted hibiscus innoculated with water kefir grains. I don't know what the fuck a water kefir is so I actually paid for it, that's an exception. If you're pickling something like carrots or cabbages it should be done naturally.

If that wasn't autistic enough, you can use Aspergillus to break down starches in various grains, which are then eaten by yeast which shit out alcohol and CO2. I have a 1 gallon jar of rice I assburger'd in bed with me now. I will the delicious 20% alcohol beverage it will yield in a few weeks. It's nothing at all like the shitty ass butt tasting sake you get at weeb restaurants. Lots of delicate floral and fruit notes. You do have to add water to bring the sweetness down. The alcohol is the same, the yeast just can't tolerate too much alcohol so they leave the sugar untouched after a point. The trick is adding just enough water to consume the sugar but not dilute past 20% finished alcohol.
>>
>>35573823
Here's a photograph. It couldn't be easier to make.
>>
>>35573823
The risks depend greatly on how it's raised. If you live in the US and are eating Tyson chicken raised in its own feces, the salmonella risks are not negligible.
>>
>>35573823
I'm sure depending on the meat pork and chicken can be less than well done. That's not a risk I'm willing to take but you can do whatever you want.
I am interested in pickling. I would totally do peppers, pickles, and onions. Now I'm hungry.
>>
>>35573823
>Is this a meme or is it finally catching on?
It's a meme anywhere but Japan.
Salmonella risk from American raised chicken is pretty damn high
>>
File: Eyes.jpg (110KB, 800x768px) Image search: [Google]
Eyes.jpg
110KB, 800x768px
>>35574142
>>35574243

How is it any different from steak? The salmonella can't get inside the muscle tissue, and anything outside is destroyed by pan searing. That doesn't matter though because sous vide effectively pasteurizes it while maintaining the medium rare texture. It's the same temperature and held throughout the entire piece.

>>35574175

I've never tried pickled peppers, but cucumbers are definitely good. The trick is keeping it cool and adding some oak leaves. The oak gives it tannin to help it stay crunchy, some country granny folkwisdom there. Lactobacillus gives it a different taste from the usual tang you get from fake store pickles but I prefer it. You don't even have to wait until stuff is in season. Snap peas are available in the frozen aisle. Just google for a basic lacto-fermented recipe and give it a shot. It's very important it stays submerged though. The old timey stoneware and crock weights are nice to look at but a jar filled with water or even a large rock will keep everything below the water level and in your bigger jar or bowl.
I like my toys but when I wanted to make wine I didn't let a little thing like equipment stop me. I sprinkled champagne yeast right in the bottle of juice and made my first prison wine. The results are no different now that I've got proper equipment, it's just a shitload easier to make.

Pic related is hibiscus inoculated with wine yeast instead of water kefir. Photos really don't do it justice. I was in awe when I first noticed. This was a while back though, now the surface is clear with pinpricks of bubbles dancing to the surface. I like how it appeared like rainbow eyes looking back at me. She already already smells of alcohol but will wait until ~10% before stabilizing. The acid is high enough to stand up to higher abv but needs some residual sweetness. Too dry and I can't perceive the softer notes.
>>
>>35573823

pork isn't so bad i don't think
>>
>>35573823
No, the undercooked chicken is bad for you was a meme. This isn't a meme.
>>
>>35572870
Lolwut

Just use blu-tack
>>
>>35572870
What the fuck? Please tell me this is a joke and I haven't stepped into some weird reality where people clean their BMWs with chunks of dead chicken.
>>
>>35573112
>>35573145
Why is this meme becoming a thing?
>>
>>35573823
can i Have pickle recipes? also is all you need a jar?
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.