[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Recommendations on Japanese media for filling the gap in your soul

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 5

File: 棚町 薫.jpg (322KB, 700x891px) Image search: [Google]
棚町 薫.jpg
322KB, 700x891px
I would go to /a/ to talk about this, but
>discussing anime on /a/

I've finally gotten around to watching Amagami, and I've been jumping around watching each girl's route in it out of order. It makes me really wish I was here when it was first airing so I could have been around to witness the threads and discussion on the series, because it always feels really lonely experiencing something years after the initial hype has passed. I don't remember ever seeing a discussion for it in the past few years, though maybe I didn't notice.

Is there any other romance anime/manga/VN/etc. that's so comfy and hits this hard? There's a tight, painful feeling in my chest and I can't fap. I haven't felt this way since Katawa Shoujo, and I want more.
>>
File: 9784063878059.jpg (228KB, 640x906px) Image search: [Google]
9784063878059.jpg
228KB, 640x906px
Koharu no Hibi
>>
Seiren is an Amagami spin-off (same setting in the future, new characters) that's just about to finish airing. Not as good as the original if you ask me.

Photokano has the same concept as Amagami.

To Heart is a really good and legitimately underrated romance-like show. It's romantic but there's not really a romance.

Sentimental Journey is an omnibus work like Amagami, but the stories are from a female perspective and it's again more romantic than actual romance. From what I remember.

Air, Kanon, Clannad, planetarian and 5 Centimeters per Second if you want to overdose on feels.
>>
>>35573904
Thanks for the recommendations--but I wonder if anything really can stand up to Amagami. It's not even a perfect show by any stretch, but something about it just makes it the best romance anime I've seen yet. It just feels really well-done and memorable, and I'm scared of it giving me a waifu again.

>Seiren
>Photokana
I saw these names tossed around earlier when I was researching and I didn't really like what I read about them at all. "Not as good as Amagami" was the resounding consensus.
>5 Centimeters per Second
I remember this one fucking me up, but somehow I don't remember the characters at all and I only sort of recall the plot.

As far as my own recommendations, the manga Ressentiment absolutely destroyed me for at least a week if not more after I finished reading it. You wouldn't even expect it from the somewhat stupid premise. I highly recommend it.
Chikan Otoko also fucked me up really hard for a few days after, and the story was really great.
I've read shit-tons of romance manga, some good and some mediocre, but it's hard to think of too much that's left an impression on me so much as those two.
>>
>>35574119
Additionally:
Welcome to the NHK was, in spite of it's shittier and more forgettable moments, pretty damn good, but that's basically required watching/reading for this board so I'm sure you've already seen it. Very relatable protagonist. I only saw the anime, but I've heard the manga is even better.

I've heard that Ai-Ren is a really powerful manga, and I can definitely see why, but for some reason I couldn't really get into it and I dropped it not too far in. I would still recommend it though just because I like the idea of it.

Koe no Katachi has a lot of shit drama and an annoying side plot, but the emotional moments in it are worth it, and the protagonist was pretty good.

The manga Okaeri, Tadaima, Mata Ashita, which I don't think has even been translated yet, I ended up finding it unexpectedly satisfying, so if you can read Japspeak to at least a basic degree I would recommend checking it out. It concluded in one volume, so it's short and sweet.
>>
>>35572625
shin sekai yori and steins; gate are my favorite anime. shin sekai is about a young group of friends figuring out the hidden secrets of their buddhist town... or something. it's supernatural but that aspect is as well done as avatar (the cartoon) is
>>
Girls und Panzer
Love Live School Idol Project
Non Non Biyori
Gochiusa
>>
>Non Non Biyori
This was really fucking comfy, and I was sad when it was over.

If you liked that show, I think something by the same director was Tanaka-kun wa Itsumo Kedaruge, which is in my opinion a somehow even comfier slice-of-life show, with a focus on high school life.
>>
File: 1436700942887.jpg (24KB, 240x232px) Image search: [Google]
1436700942887.jpg
24KB, 240x232px
If you want comfy romancestuff then you should definitely watch Bokura wa minna kawaisou
>>
>It makes me really wish I was here when it was first airing so I could have been around to witness the threads and discussion on the series, because it always feels really lonely experiencing something years after the initial hype has passed.
I never do this, since people are mostly idiots with nothing worthwhile to say and anything you post will likely cause a thread derailing argument if it isn't perfectly aligned with the groupthink. Regularly engaging with the anime community will most likely just make you hate anime, unless you're sufficiently capable of independent thought. Which most people are not.
>>
File: アマガミ.jpg (2MB, 2750x3922px) Image search: [Google]
アマガミ.jpg
2MB, 2750x3922px
>>35574725
You're not wrong, there's plenty of useless and stupid shit to dig through in anime discussion threads which is why I have almost never browsed /a/, but a lot of times I've come across some posts that are very good analyses that helps me more concretely develop what I'm already considering about one that I've watched rather than just have a bunch of loose, unconnected feelings floating around in my head. This is especially important in being able to move on from a show, especially if it really touched you and you're infatuated with the characters.

Also it can basically just be like a support group of sorts. I don't want to be stuck alone with a waifu for a show that has a completely dead community for the next few years or however long until my infatuation wears off. It feels like not long ago that I recovered from Katawa Shoujo, though I still get nostalgic and have to browse threads on it sometimes.
>>
File: amg_mof01.jpg (231KB, 853x1280px) Image search: [Google]
amg_mof01.jpg
231KB, 853x1280px
Keeping the thread alive. Somebody hold me, man.
>>
>>35572625
I would recommend KimiKiss since you liked Amagami.
>>
>>35576982
I've hardly seen this mentioned at all, but I did read that Amagami was the spiritual successor to it, so I think I'll give it a shot after all.
>>
>>35577937
Hope you enjoy it. Yosuga no sora is also good, it's kind of similar in that girls have their own route.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.