[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

M a k e i t 1 9 9 8 a g a i n

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 4

File: 1414218666372.png (496KB, 633x758px) Image search: [Google]
1414218666372.png
496KB, 633x758px
M a k e i t 1 9 9 8 a g a i n
>>
>>35562737
hey that date is almost 20 years old
A kid that was born in 1998 can post here.
Hell in just a year a kid born in 2000 can post here
>>
>>35562737
If we were content living as we do in 1798, we could all be neet instead of trapped in this state of overproduction.
>>
File: cas.jpg (69KB, 710x641px) Image search: [Google]
cas.jpg
69KB, 710x641px
>>35562777
yeah I realized after I posted that the majority of people that come here don't even remember 1998

>there are people in college born in 1999

the fuck f a m
>>
File: 1478059877193.jpg (33KB, 629x505px) Image search: [Google]
1478059877193.jpg
33KB, 629x505px
>>35562737
>No 9/11
>No endless wars or shitty economy
>No mass migration of Third Worlders
>No Trump/Hillary/SJW/alt-right/alt-left/fascist/nationalist/communist clusterfuck
>Internet was normalfag-free and was a vast unexplored world
>Video games were amazing
>Actual good stuff on TV

Take me back.
>>
>>35562860
>Internet was good
please take me back
this social networking cancer has gone too far
compare old youtube (not 1998 but this is the fondest thing i can force myself to remind) to the YT of today
>>
File: 1451674334798.png (34KB, 350x420px) Image search: [Google]
1451674334798.png
34KB, 350x420px
>>35562922
>this is the fondest thing i can force myself to remind

You and me both, anon. Early-mid 2000s seems like the last "normal" era. Nothing after it feels real.
>>
>>35562790
le dark enlightment amirite guize? XD
>>
>>35563092
No, I wouldn't choose that over what we have now, but there's a lot of bullshit that only makes things worse we could easily do without and lower the need for labor.
>>
>>35562860
>>35562922
Back in the 90s and early 00s, most Internet users could understand text sarcasm. What changed? Do some people never learn to use contextual clues and rely purely on tone?
>>
>>35563162
oh yeah I agree. I also think human population specially nonwhites pls no bully should be greatly reduced to give the planet a rest.
Thought you were a fedoralord and wanted to troll a bit.
>>
>>35563188
>What changed?

Everybody and everything became post-post-ironic.
>>
>>35563231
this.

People even buys games "ironically". World has gone down the shitter. Everyone tries to be "le funneh memester" king of reddit.

desu. Reddit is at the core of this cancer consuming our culture, period.
>>
Tbhh I agree I wanna be a baby again xddd
>>
No, please. Don't. Even if somebody can, don't do it. We have it here pretty shitty already, but 1998 was a disaster for this country.
>>
>>35563453
Kosovo amirite
>>
>>35563468
Russia. It was shit economically, politically and socially.
But I think Kosovo had it worse.
>>
>>35562922
>>35562860
Graphical User Interface
fucking ruined Technology.

Worst thing to happen since they started making computers with the Power Switch on the front.

I long for the days when normies would say "I can't even figure out how to turn one of those darn things on".

I spent a good 3 years of my life doing Tech Support for an "Online University"[read:Diploma Mill].
At least once every day I'd hear "I'm computer illiterate" and my response was always ::mute button:: "THEN WHY ARE YOU FUCKING GOING TO AN ONLINE SCHOOL RATHER THAN A COMMUNITY COLLEGE?!?!"
It makes me even more upset when "I'm computer illiterate" is said an air of accomplishment. Like they're proud of themselves.

In my final months at that job... the shit web developers were falling over-themselves trying to design a site that would let the students do everything the school required of them entirely on a smartphone/tablet... because nobody buys computers anymore... they're too expensive and complicated. Everyone needs everything delivered to them from an app.

People should need a license to operate a computer. It's the reason we're in this political mess... to many idiots on both sides shit/reposting fake news articles in their respective echo chambers.
>>
>>35563708
Or just get rid of social media as a whole or at least have it be like MySpace where the only way to use it was on a computer. Things went to shit once 2010 ended and I am not looking so brightly for the 2020s except for things like space.
>>
>>35562737
9/11, the "Great Recession", the iPhone and the smart phone boom, the massive rise of social media platforms all contributed to a completely changed social culture in America.

This social culture can be deemed for better or for worse. I see many problems with the current social atmosphere in America and it was caused by all of those events I mentioned.
>>
>>35563877
It's pretty weird how appealing the early 2000s look now. They weren't even that good, but the 2010s are so fucking bad that the early '00s were a fucking party by comparison.
>>
>>35563971
I still remember being a kid in the early 2000s, and how there were still commercials saying "keep your identity offline" and such, like the ones back in the 90s. Nowadays you're seen as weird if you don't have your entire personal life online 24/7. I know the wide majority of people are shallow as fuck but goddamn we're constantly bordering on total stupidity most of the time in these matters. Like that cash me outside whore, way back when she'd just be seen as the high school prison queen, now she's getting a million fucking dollars. How fucked is that? How the fuck have things reached that low a level? She isn't even remotely talented.
>>
>>35564004
Yeah, I remember all of that. Internet isn't kept apart from real life anymore, there's no going back.
Makes me wonder what kind of shitshow the 2020s will be.
>>
>>35563708
Surely a more effective solution would be to have better education in computer literacy and critical analysis rather than making technology more unattainable?
>>
>>35564035
I'm just glad that my grandfather isn't around to see it. Probably would have angrily shouted in Polish or something.
>>
>>35564035
people will become less and less interested with the real world when VR takes hold

even normies will be hanging out in VR social arenas
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.