[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Social anxiety

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2

File: jordan-smaller.jpg (149KB, 1024x683px) Image search: [Google]
jordan-smaller.jpg
149KB, 1024x683px
Everyone on r9k should watch this video.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M8GSf5cYCvE
>>
>>35560654
decent advice but he is in true irony bad at public speaking
>>
I developed social anxiety because I'm ugly

I was actually extremely charismatic and confident as a kid

it's during my teenage years that I became depressed and socially anxious because I realized nobody liked me
>>
>>35560748
How is he bad at public speaking? Do you have autism?
>>
>>35560748
he speaks/explains things in a way that makes it relatable to your own mind which shows how skilled of physiologist he is
>>
>>35560877
it really depends how ugly you are. I bet you are not extremely ugly. Back in teenage years people are really mean and much more judgmental on looks. When your older if you are interesting to talk to people will not care if you're ugly. If you are so extremely ugly that you are painful to look at by people than that is another story, but very few people are that hideous.
>>
>>35561037
yeah well the damage is done

I'm socially anxious as well now because I'm a 23 year old NEET

you can't exactly socialize properly with normal people when you're that. people just spend the entire time judging you and it's tiring

>meet someone new
>"what do you do?"
>>
>>35561071
I am a 23 year old neet too, but I am trying to fix my life. You are still young which means you can still change. The best way of finding friends is with similar interests. That is hard if you only go on 4chan and watch anime or something similar.
The point being is to find interests that you find fulfilling, and that can be used to help triggers conversation.
>>
Believe it or not even the most confident people suffer from social anxiety, they just have the determination to better it. This is the difference
>>
i think another way that may help others see things is:

people aren't as judgmental as you think. people aren't there to criticize, but guide and support you. be with you in the moment.
>>
>>35561207
fuck right off. you wouldnt tell someone to just get over a headache would you?
>>35561207
>>
does this mean if one girl deems me acceptable to date, all girls deem me acceptable to date?
>>
>>35561142
How do I find interests if nothing is interesting to me?
>>
>>35561967
Yes, actually. If you're dating a girl, that actually makes you more desirable.
>>
>>35561558
Poor analogy anon, I'm disappointed in you.
>>
>>35562125
i mean if a girl finds me attractive but not dating me. does that mean other girls find me attractive too?
>>
>>35560654
>look at them

>they burst out laughing
>>
File: download.png (7KB, 225x224px) Image search: [Google]
download.png
7KB, 225x224px
>>35560654
>Unless they can't even introduce themeselves
Why meeeee
>>
>>35560654

Why has Jordan Peterson become such a meme in recent months?
>>
>>35562052
Start by walking around town.

No really.
You will be away from the computer and forced to think.
Eventually you will find something.
>>
>>35562935
If I am away from computer and forced to think, I just keep seeing muslims and I keep thinking how it's not necessary for all of them to be here.
>>
>2017
>average-bodied, average-faced white people still think they can be robots
Wew lads.
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.