[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Anyone else here /smartbutlazy/? I'm pretty much pic related.

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 11

File: shikamaru.jpg (63KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
shikamaru.jpg
63KB, 640x480px
Anyone else here /smartbutlazy/? I'm pretty much pic related.
>>
>>35558732
A good for nothing supporting character , even choji is better then This shadow fag
>>
File: 1488660232237.jpg (144KB, 618x597px) Image search: [Google]
1488660232237.jpg
144KB, 618x597px
>>35558732
>i-i'm super smart but just really lazy!!!!!!!
when will this meme END
>>
File: 1465742848864.jpg (93KB, 620x670px) Image search: [Google]
1465742848864.jpg
93KB, 620x670px
>>35558732
>mfw yesterday OP thought he's smart but lazy because he could get passing grade on a test (not exam) by studying 3 days beforehand
>>
>smart but lazy

Is this the battle cry of the millenial?
>>
I've actually had professors call me smart but lazy. Typically in reference to my writing capabilities. I once recieved a rubric that said "I know you did this the night before, it's the best paper in the class. See me."
>>
File: 1467594420018.gif (528KB, 276x305px) Image search: [Google]
1467594420018.gif
528KB, 276x305px
>>35558732
>le smartbutlazy
>watches Naruto
>>
I always used to score in like the 97th percentile on standardized aptitude tests, but given how much of a flaming train wreck my life is I honestly think I'm just good at apitude tests and nothing else.
>>
>>35558990
I remember getting 95-99th percentile on a couple categories. Except for math, fuck math.
>>
I feel like "smart but lazy" is just code for "knowledgeable but not functional". I can still pass most tests with ease. Never liked studying, never did homework. I still get called smart but lazy but both of those descriptions are untrue. I'm not smart, I just know how to play the system and am capable of learning information easily. I'm not lazy, I'm just unmotivated.

>>35558990
>>35559021
I'm the same. Tests are just about knowing what they want from you and having deductive reasoning skills. Math is a struggle because it doesn't follow that logic so you need to actually know math to pass it.
>>
File: memes.jpg (110KB, 1436x627px) Image search: [Google]
memes.jpg
110KB, 1436x627px
>iq 138
>only flaw is narcissism
>>
File: 1476692582488.png (34KB, 633x758px) Image search: [Google]
1476692582488.png
34KB, 633x758px
>>35558732
>perfect score on SAT
>perfect score on ACT (took it for fun)
>accepted to all colleges and given full rides
>tfw just to lazy to show up
>>
>>35558732
If you were really smart you would not be lazy.
>>
The old big fish in a small pond syndrome. You're smart for this small pond, but if you go into a bigger one that might not be the case.
>>
>>35559126
except they are two different things you thick fuck
>>
i guess yea

Im about to graduate with an engineering degree but I don't feel like a deserve it. I skip all classes and do minimum amount of work and rely on cramming.

Because of this I haven't actually learned anything, just memorize for a short period of time. I feel like I'm a fraud
>>
>>35558990
>but given how much of a flaming train wreck my life is I honestly think I'm just good at apitude tests and nothing else.
it was only when I got to the end of college and got a job that I realized I wasn't actually very smart in the real-world sense, I was just good at school. I'm a great test-taker. I'm good at solving canned homework problems, where you usually know ahead of time what concept they're trying to teach (and hence that the solution will involve using it), and roughly what the end result is supposed to look like. Bonus points for CS classes where they give you sample input to test your code against.

Then my last class (and later my brief employment) was much more "Here's a very general project, go figure it out on your own" and I was completely lost. I was completely useless at everything because I was expected to come up with ideas on my own.

I suppose I should have seen that coming. In high school most of the kids were happy when they were allowed to choose a topic for a paper or a project. Teachers looked at me funny when they said "You can write about anything you want!" and I replied with "...well I dunno, can't I be assigned something?"

>>35559059
>Tests are just about knowing what they want from you and having deductive reasoning skills. Math is a struggle because it doesn't follow that logic so you need to actually know math to pass it.
Even math wasn't really hard. Did they just teach you about solving integrals by U-substitution? Guess what the first thing to try on the test questions is. There's also the rule of thumb that they never really rely on you knowing anything that isn't in the class material. So yeah, you have to actually solve the problems, but you get told ahead of time exactly how that's gonna go. It's not an open-ended anything-goes sort of field.
>>
>>35559124
>lazy to show
Have a hard time believing you when you can't spell "too" correctly. Cleanse and find anything to be passionate about. College is a leftist propaganda machine.
>>
File: 1486234162961.jpg (12KB, 251x242px) Image search: [Google]
1486234162961.jpg
12KB, 251x242px
>>35559126
>he's saying Stacy is smart
>>
>>35559094
That's very clever of you Anon.
>>
>>35559411
casual writin =/= academic writing
>>
>claiming to be smart
>not knowing the difference between working hard and working smart
>>
I like to think I am, but I probably am not.
>>
>>35558917
top retard of special ed
>>
>>35558732
You can't be both smart and lazy because willing laziness means you lack the foresight of howmuch you are ruining your life.
>>
>>35559126
>>If you were really smart you would not be lazy.
>>35560212
>>You can't be both smart and lazy because willing laziness means you lack the foresight of howmuch you are ruining your life.

You're wrong and deep down you know it. But you want the world to be a just place where good people have good attributes and get good outcomes, and bad people have bad attributes and have bad outcomes. Being smart is a good thing and being lazy is a bad thing, so it upsets you that this could happen in one person. It means that their success or failure might not be a strict function of their virtue or lack thereof. You want to believe that everyone is completely in control of their own fate, despite knowing we aren't.

So you simply assert that this situation which contradicts what you want the world to be obviously can't happen, and that if someone is lazy, the certainly can't also be smart.
>>
File: 00000.png (364KB, 673x338px) Image search: [Google]
00000.png
364KB, 673x338px
>>35558917
>TFW SUCH A FUCKING GENIUS AND MASTER DEBATER
>>
>>35558732
More maybe IQ of 130 but homeless defeated and depressed.

But now there is some shit called EQ, and im safe to assume your intelligence can decay if youre a stagnant husk of dread.

So I dont know how to feel about this meme anymore.
I hate it actually.
>>
File: 1475452738386.png (134KB, 600x601px) Image search: [Google]
1475452738386.png
134KB, 600x601px
>>35558732
>I'm pretty much pic related.
>>
>>35558732
>I'm smart but lazy xDDDDDD
you are a homo faggot
>>
File: 4MaqsTE.jpg (43KB, 650x507px) Image search: [Google]
4MaqsTE.jpg
43KB, 650x507px
Once heard the argument that there's no such thing as a lazy genius.

If you're truly at an outlying level of intelligence then you are inevitably going to occupy yourself by applying your intelligence to degree that society will consider uncommon. You take such little satisfaction in inane activities that "passing the time" is naturally going to consist of the kind of autodidactical activities that others perceive as strenuous, as if you're learning obscure skills and languages and solving math problems on the chalkboards of colleges you don't attend out of some sort of great effort. If you're really that smart, then all that feels the same as a normie does playing Portal or watching Cosmos. Otherwise you're left in soul crushing boredom, like saturday school level boredom. If you can ever successfully occupy yourself day to day with inane shit then guess what: YOU'RE NOT THAT FUCKIN SMART.

I'm at peace with it. I smoke weed and watch reality shows and play with bubblewrap and let my shmarter-den-avrige potential wither away and I feel fine. I can experience actual happiness with a full sleep and a morning shower. I'm the smartest person in my life. Some of you guys probably are too. But in the grand scheme of things you really ain't shit
>>
File: 1488230636041.gif (726KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
1488230636041.gif
726KB, 500x281px
>Tfw lazy
>go for GED
>do way above the recommended grade on each test
>except math which i failed
how do i math brobots?
Thread posts: 32
Thread images: 11

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.