[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

who /self-sabotage/ here?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

File: 1481549238847.png (46KB, 619x453px) Image search: [Google]
1481549238847.png
46KB, 619x453px
>very smart and high-achieving throughout high school
>could've gone to an ivy league school or really anywhere I wanted to
>went to a mediocre school 20 minutes from where I live because too much of a pussy to move out and live alone
>STEM major
>get the highest score in the class on every test, have a high GPA
>don't do any internships, will likely become a NEET after graduating
>mfw all this work and intelligence was for naught because I'm too autistic for networking

The worst part is that I could've partied and lived it up throughout college and the result would've been the same. But instead I spent all my time hiding in my room and worrying about the future.

Don't fall for the effort meme, lads, its not worth it.
>>
>Claims he is smart
>Thinks partying has any value

Such a shame.
>>
>>35554284
>top of my class from elementary school all the way to the first year of high school
>good at playing both the violin and piano
>discover vidya
>can't stop procrastinating
>have less than 6 hours of sleep a night for most of high school
>grades that were once in the high 90s-100 are now in the mid 90s-high 80s
>stunt my growth due to bad genes and lack of sleep
>not in college yet
>still live with my parents
Anyone else here like me?
>>
>>35554284
>very smart and high-achieving throughout high school
>>could've gone to an ivy league school or really anywhere I wanted to

You and literally every other State school chump lmao
>>
>very smart, intelligent
>high achieving
>high work ethic
>go to easy school cause didn't have courage

This is an example of why being labled "smart" by yourself or others is worth little. Mostly due to the way it's used as an umbrella term.

People throw it around like a child gives dog treats to a puppy. Apparently, it's magical. It appears to mean things will be easy for this person in life. All because they're good at academics. There's more valuable things than being smart. Work ethic, character, emotional intelligence, to start.
>>
>>35554308
Yes anon, just stay in your room. Nothing to see outside, leave those girls for a real man.
>>
>>35554690
Except I'm not memeing. I had a high ACT score and was a club president and national merit finalist. Admittedly I probably wouldn't get into the top tier Ivys but I definitely could've gone to a way better school. Every time I tell someone my stats, they ask "How the fuck did you end up here??"
>>
>tfw just gonna ride out my last few years of childhood freedom, join the military, """""""""""get killed""""""""""" and be remembered as a hero
lmao ur all trash at this game
>>
i have a genius level iq and am working on a phd in math while im 22 and i have a gf and friends but i have multiple mental illnesses and i self harm and am addicted to several drugs and waste all my time doing retarded shit and avoiding people
>>
>>35554284
Approached 5 different girls in the past month. 100% success rate. Though I'm too much of a pussy to go forward with anything beyond the first date even though they are clearly interested in me. I just randomly stop talking to them because I am self conscious, socially avoidant, and really fucking weird. Now a lot of girls at in my dorm think I'm an asshole because I lead on girls and drop them constantly. Literally can't explain my behavior, but also probably won't stop doing it.
>>
>>35554284
I am not at a point yet where I /self-sabotaged/, but I feel that way.

>perform extremely good in elementary and middle school
>not even trying, study 1hr before exam, get perfect grades, out with the friends all the time and playing vidya, life is fun
>pretty much perfect academic and social life until I started university
>supposed to move out to another country to study abroad
>pussy out
>tell my girlfriend I did it because I didn't want to split from her yet and I wanna wait for her to finish her middle school so we can go abroad together
>tell my parents i'm completely fine going to an university here then moving out to find a job later in life (but i'm not)
>give zero fucks about education now and perform poorly, not even attending 90% of the classes and just passing time until I get my degree so we can move
>gf has paused with her education (middleschool -> uni transition) for 1 year to wait up for me to get my degree here so we can move together
>Our financial situation changes rapdily throughout the year and all signs point to the fact that we won't be able to move out due to being poor basically

Have to live with myself knowing that instead of going out and living a life of good education, top tier payment in the industry (programmer) and not being bound to anything - i'm now bound to a shitty country where I can't find a job and a girlfriend who I refuse to leave because her entire future depends on me.

See you in a year when I fail everyone I love and make a suicide thread here
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.