[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Tips to lower alcohol cravings?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

File: 1488049720872.jpg (168KB, 900x900px) Image search: [Google]
1488049720872.jpg
168KB, 900x900px
I stopped drinking because I want to stop being fat and feeling and looking like shit all the time, but the cravings are SUPER strong. How the hell do I limit them? I'm already exercising and keeping busy all the time to try to keep distracted and tired, but it's six and I still really want to go get some booze. Help me please.
>>
File: FHJAU04_KITFAU_01.jpg (30KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
FHJAU04_KITFAU_01.jpg
30KB, 600x600px
Just drink in moderation anon. If you can't do that go to rehab (^:
>>
>>35553423
Keep drinking but switch to spirits, They're less fattening. However unless you're constantly drinking beer i cant see alcohol being your main concern when it comes to weight
>>
>>35553539
If I start drinking I don't stop aside from a few rare circumstances. I used to be able to but I just need to cut it out right now. Rehab isn't an option, I have to work.

>>35553680
Spirits are still high in calories m8, and it's much easier to drink too much as well.

Eight drinks of vodka is 800 kcal, and that's a moderate night for me. That's still horrendous, not to mention the drunk munchies I get when I'm too far gone.

Any former heavy drinkers have some tips?
>>
perhaps horrid advice, but maybe a little bit of the mary jane to curb those cravings?

only time i could have been considered a heavy drinker or alcoholic was when i got in trouble with the law and couldn't toke

never drug tested me once so it was all for naught
>>
Drink whiskey instead. Oh, and if you want to lose weight you should take up smoking, suppresses your hunger.
>>
File: image.jpg (79KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
79KB, 640x640px
>>35553423
Bro just drink a fuck ton of water
>pic unrelated
>>
>>35553819
Not a bad idea, but all I have is home made cannabutter that's way too strong for anything than getting stones out of your mind. I'll see if I can get some to smoke to at least distract me if nothing else.
>>
Hide your money. Put on pajamas if you're not planning to go outside. Make buying drinks as tedious as possible. If you're lazy like me it should help dissuading you from buying booze.
>>
>>35553906
This is correct. I have a big pitcher of ice-water, pedialyte and crushed up aspirin I fill up and drink throughout the evening and keep by my bed when I go to sleep. I drink vodka every day but never have painful hangovers, I do get depression and a feeling of impending doom plus it feels like my brain is dying but its not bad enough to stop me from working
>>
>>35553850
Whiskey is the reason half of men 35 or older are fatasses.
>>
>>35553778

768kcal by my count, but that's not even that much. Just skip breakfast and you're in a deficit even if you do decide to drink 4x the recommended limit that day, which is by any definition heavy and not moderate. There's no other way of looking at it. Excluding alcohol, spirits have 0kcal/1.75L bottle. You can't say the same about wine and beer in most cases.

If you want real advice get on drugs. Antabuse is shit but some weird alcoholics like it. Benzos are good but that could just replace your boozing. Naltrexone is what I'd use if I struggled with alcohol. It's an opiod blocker. I'm not a pharmacist so I'm not the one to argue about alcohol not being a depressant, I've seen some hotheads get upset by the suggestion is the reason I say that. For whatever reason it helps to decrease cravings but you can still drink on it without wanting to die like with Antabuse.
>>
>>35554009
No it isn't. Food is. Drink it and smoke and you will no longer need to eat outside of your meal of the day.
>>
>>35553778
I'm a former heavy drinker and also fat fuck. Used to burn through a 1.5L bottle every 2-3 nights after work.

ive been sober for 4 months this weekend. 4 months ago I woke up after a night of getting blacked out and just said fuck this I need to stop. It sucked at first since you're so used to drinking each night, but it's only bad the first couple days. You just have to really want to stop and have the will power, there's really no tricks to it.

Once I got off the liquor I've been starting to change my diet, and weight loss is pretty easy. Like you said, a shot of liquor is around 100 calories which really fucking adds up over time.
>>
>>35554325

Normies don't believe in calories, they think it's the food, drink, or combination that causes weight gain. Just for fun try googling what to eat for weight loss. They just can't understand that less is the only thing they should eat if weight loss is the goal.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.