[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>He watches dubbed anime Why do you fags do this?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 4

File: 1300044776986.jpg (17KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
1300044776986.jpg
17KB, 250x250px
>He watches dubbed anime

Why do you fags do this?
>>
I feel like you're preaching to the choir here.
>>
Because some anime is better dubbed and fuck herd mentality.
>>
you are now breathing in manual mode

DON'T FORGET TO BLINK TOO :^)
>>
>>35549990
Because with dubbed I can focus on the actual animation instead of text across the screen.

Now he issue is generally speading subs hold true to the orginal unlike dubs.

A prime example is the psychopass movie, in the dub the arms dealer is verfying their idenity.

In the orginal, hes speaking japanish and the other people english and he was activating a translator.

Now that of course is dub done poorly, a decent firm would have had the "english men" speaking russian or something.
>>
I prefer dubbed cowboy bebop, the first time I watched it it was dubbed. now it feels wrong if I don't hear Steve Blum.
>>
because children have shitty attention spans. there is no other reason to watch a dub.
>>
File: girls_laughing.jpg (28KB, 398x241px) Image search: [Google]
girls_laughing.jpg
28KB, 398x241px
>He watches anime unironically
>>
Wanted to show gf one of the only animu I actually like, and she moped about having to read subtitles. I just don't give enough of a shit to contest it like "DUBS < SUBS ROASTIE GTFO REE"
>>
File: 1387190093286.jpg (1MB, 1000x1415px) Image search: [Google]
1387190093286.jpg
1MB, 1000x1415px
>>35549990

I used to be all nipdub, but the past year I must say there's some qualities in english dub, typically they have better enviromental sounds, check out something like Laputa or Metropolis, in any open area you'll have the proper outdoor acoustic with the right enviromental sounds in the english dub... while in the jap dub you can tell they're just standing a bit further away from the mic inside a soundproofed studio going "Ooooooiiiii".

Anime with many japanese names is usually better with the original dub tho... especially americans have huge problems with nip names, perfect example is Rurouni Kenshins "amakakaroo rooo nah haramaka". Something like Cowboy Bebop the english dub is way better than the jap, much thanks to Spikes godly VA. Panty&Stocking I'd lean towards the english dub too... Garterbelt sounds so much better as a proper "brotha", and is a lot more humorous too.

So yea, I'm not so hardcore japdub as I used to be. Anything with Wakamoto has to stay Wakamoto though, that is absolute.
>>
File: NGE 0095.jpg (16KB, 230x230px) Image search: [Google]
NGE 0095.jpg
16KB, 230x230px
>he streams his anime instead of torrenting it in 1080p
>>
I've never watched eva without the dub.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.