[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Literal peasants didn't work as hard as modern day wage workers

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 2

File: pepe.png (399KB, 839x768px) Image search: [Google]
pepe.png
399KB, 839x768px
http://evonomics.com/capitalism-medieval-peasants-got-vacation-time-heres/
>>
>>35548752
>the author uses the pronoun she when describing the "American Worker"
>instead of they
All credibility lost. I stopped reading once they refered to "American Workers" as she's.
>>
>>35548752
They also had to eat the same bread for a year and was taxcucks.
>>
>>35548886
>taxcucks
but we're taxcucks too

and what's wrong with eating high quality bread forever? have you ever eaten one? they are amazing and last for a long time
>>
I thought this was common knowledge and was a little weirded out to find that the stereotype most people believe is that it was backbreaking labor 24/7. That's literally a modern meme made up.

In reality, it was hard work for sure but it was periodical and structured, so that you only worked a a few hours in any "work day". For the average peasant farmer, at least.

Wageslaves nowadays definitely have it much worse, in terms of life lost to their work.
>>
>>35548970
maybe the fact that it has literally no nutritional value
>>
>>35548835
Getting triggered over pronouns. Nice
>>
>>35548752
Its basically the same thing, value of the dollar has gone way down. We basically are peasants.

Erhem, welcome to reality.. It sucks balls, get used to it.
>>
>>35549044
>an author was so triggered over pronouns they tried to make a statement by using "she" instead of "they"
>>
>>35549029
>anything else other than bread didn't exist back then, goy!

i lmao@ ur life faggot, can you even think for yourself for a moment? do you have a caretaker that has to remind you to go to bathroom to take a shit?
>>
>>35549091
>b-but my superior NEET lifestyle that is being paid for by my parents who worked jobs their entire adult life
>>
>>35549029
so does most of the shit a wagecuck eats these days. at least back then you had time to go hunting/fishing.
>>
Was probably a lot easier to fuck those peasant daughters too

I might as well go live in Cambodia before it is ruined
>>
>>35549123
no need to shit your pants there spergo. poor people back then were malnourished as fuck
>>
>>35548752
They also had a practically non-existent material culture
>>
Why don't we go back to prehistoric communes? People didn't work at all then.
>>
File: don't talk to us LOLICON SCUM.jpg (118KB, 526x473px) Image search: [Google]
don't talk to us LOLICON SCUM.jpg
118KB, 526x473px
>>35549146
It was much harder because people actually believed you'd go to hell if you dared fuck someone out of wedlock
>>
>>35549029

I'm curious as to what you think high quality bread is. Mine is nutritious so we must have different kinds. I use grain. How is yours made? You can make kvas with bread, it's probably my favorite kind of bread. I tend to let it sit out a little longer before consumption. It's just better that way for some reason.
>>
>>35549147
see>>35549134

you only need at least half a brain to produce more food, and it is well known that people weren't too bright back then, so those starved
>>
>>35548886
>was taxcucks.
Who literally took up torches and pitchforks and slaughtered the local lord, or sometimes the king, when their tax got to about 1/4 of the current tax percentage...
>>
>>35549202

It was much easier, not harder. Believing in hell is part of what made it easier. She's not going to run around and fuck a bunch of guys if she knows she gets just punishment for such misdeeds.

You only had to compete with men in your little shit village or whatever, no worries about Sir Chad from 3 lands over.
>>
>>35549202
Nau, niggah, nau
>>
>>35549275

Back then taxes weren't used for any form of social improvement though, they literally just went to fund the whims of the nobility.
>>
>>35549312
>>35549316
Even in the middle ages it wasn't common to marry or have sex until at least 13 or 14.
>>
>having more time off means they worked less hard
>>
>>35549094
Most places that teach English and English composition tell you not to use they to refer to the singular and using "he/she" kills the flow. I would use he and she interchangeably too if I gave a shit about proper English and didn't just refer faceless masses and the individuals within as they or he.

Her bosses probably tell her to do this anyway.
>>
>>35549312
>You only had to compete with men in your little shit village or whatever, no worries about Sir Chad from 3 lands over

this is true, there are so many stories about Young Chad, Chad the Wise and Chad Thundercock behaving like animals, fucking the whole village and their ultimate prize is some lord's wife or daughter(who also daydream about being pounded by Chad)

At least they always have happy ending, since the lord an hero's or gets his revenge and doesn't die
>>
>>35549354
>>Back then taxes weren't used for any form of social improvement though
Read a book, moron.
>>
>>35549366

Is that a problem? She can't bear children any younger and isn't strong enough to help much so it's just another mouth to feed. I wouldn't want one any younger than that.
>>
>>35549377
>text understanding
>>
Yeah I studied medieval history in college, peasants were not enslaved by their lords and constantly being worked to death. They lived pretty chill lives (when there wasn't war or famine at least) and even made a decent profit off of their crops. Most people aren't told this because then they might get the crazy idea of choosing quality of life over making more money for Mr. Shekelstein.
>>
>>35549424
I wish I could fuck a 9 year old girl
>>
>>35549366
Niggah who you tryin to convince of sheeeit we wuz noblemen now fuck off peasant scum and go plow my fields then send little Suzy to my quarters for feet washing
>>
>>35549402

He is understood to be the default gender in writing. Depending on context it refers to one man, many men, or many men and women. He or she is acceptable, and I've used they on occasion without any problems. She just looks bad and reeks of newspeak unless it is actually a case where she is applicable.
>>
>>35549146
IT'S A HOLIDAY IN CAMBODIA
IT'S TOUGH KID BUT IT'S LIFE
IT'S A HOLIDAY IN CAMBODIA
DON'T FORGET TO PACK A WIFE
>>
>>35549505
Eh, I can kinda understand it, when the Greeks and even some writers as recent as the 1900s used "every man", "mankind", "he", "his" etc. in any context they exclusively meant just males.

Using she is not really a big deal, it's an acceptable type of feminism.
Thread posts: 36
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.