[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Should I go live a simple rural life?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 2

File: 20150823_131736.jpg (763KB, 1488x1488px) Image search: [Google]
20150823_131736.jpg
763KB, 1488x1488px
I could at anytime go have a steady job growing pot in rural NorCal with a place to stay and family friends and roots in the area. The only downside is I won't be able to see my friends from school or mom's side of the family regularly at all and I will have pretty limited internet access. What should I do. When I was there over the summer I was happy but IDK what to do anymore.
>pic related pot we were growing
>>
You have to ask yourself if you REALLY liked doing it or if it was fun just because it was different.

I've been up in NorCal, there's not much there is right.

Can't imagine that the job would pay very well, though. What would be the plan with taking a job like that? Just save some money? Would you want to run your own farm?

Not sure if I'd advise it.
>>
>>35542078
My family is from there and our roots go pretty deep. My grandfather is getting up there in years and I want to get to know him better before he dies. I genuinely enjoyed the work too. The weather is great there compared to Western Washington too. There is fishing, swimming wholes, and family. Plus NorCal is what my family likes to call God's Country
>>
I'm in a startlingly similar situation as you, OP. I have the option of going to a southern european country to grow weed forever- but that's just context for my post.
I think it's best if you think about this a bit more for a while. It really is a difficult decision.
Is it worth giving up your friends and family for? I'm not sure if it is, but then again I don't know what alternatives you have w/r/t continued education n shit.
Maybe you can do this for a few years, save money, and then return to city life?
I don't know what other aspirations you might have, e.g. artistically or academically.

It gets lonely though, I think, just growing weed. I've got a bit of experience with that. It's not something you can base your entire life around, like, you probably need something else besides that to occupy your mind.
>>
>>35542036
Farmboy here. Grew up on a potato farm in rural Southwestern Ontario, though we also dabbled in peas.

Actually being a farmer is tough work vs just running a small time weed patch or a horsie farm. Lot of early mornings, lot of late nights, hard physical labour and the constant nagging uncertainty over whether or not you will be fucked by some weather event. I work as an accountant now, helping farmers with their business but not actually doing the farming, and I have to say it is a lot more relaxing.
>>
>>35542376
growing like 500-600 15 ft plants is small time? We share the weather issues. Fall rains and first frost come quickly after/towards the end of harvest
>>
>>35542036
>I want to go live the simple life...
>Dude weed lmao
Generation Z was a mistake also the end of mankind.
>>
>>35542859
My family has been growing pot for 4 generations
>XD Weed LMAO
Literally a bunch of libertarian conservatives who just grow weed to pay the bills
>>
>>35542902
>My family has been growing pot for 4 generations
You what you're saying is you admit you need to get a vasectomy.
>>
>>35542926
nah, ain't nothing wrong with growing a little smoke. I want kids too
>>
>>35542977
There is plenty wrong with all recreational drugs. They give nothing positive to society and cause massive sociological problems. Period. Your entire family is subhuman garbage.
>>
>>35543049
No way dude just chill out
You just hate weed because you haven't tried it man
>>
>>35543049
are you 13?
go back to /pol/ you massive faggot.
>>
>>35543049
I don't smoke it. I grow it. People want smoke and I see a market.
>>35543076
Weed is whatever. It's kind of fun in moderation, but stoners are kind of annoying.
>>35543442
Not him OP here. I really don't care what anyone else does don't tread on me n shieeet
>>
File: jeffersonjpg-6fb91ad515c3a182.jpg (103KB, 615x1024px) Image search: [Google]
jeffersonjpg-6fb91ad515c3a182.jpg
103KB, 615x1024px
hell yeah, if you do please let me visit your DUDE LMAO farm
>>
>>35543470
what part of northern california? ive been growing here for the past 3 years and its a pretty confy life. it gets too hot in the summer but its the best place in the world.
>>
>>35543477
My whole family is from Kentucky, Washinton and Jefferson. feels breddy good n rural man
>>
>>35543524
Northern Mendo. Part of the Family lives just into Humboldt I think.
>>
>>35543551
ah, yeah its nice around there. im closer to yosemite, in the foothills.
>>
>>35543585
Nice Area. I like the coast a bit more though.
>>
do it

i wanted to do this for years but decided to stay with family in a bad state
got arrested with weed and xanax and it has ruined my life
my mental state is so bad i might check myself into a psych hospital this week
i have felony charges i've been fighting since october
just go do it, at least to learn about life for a while
don't be me
>>
>>35543636
I'm going to wait a few days before deciding, because spur of the moment decisions might leave you unhappy.
>>
>>35543689
that's smart, just don't be afraid to go if you really want to
i stayed in a shitty state to work at the family business
i'll probably leave once the legal issues are delt with, just regret i've wasted 5 years and now dug myself into a deeper hole
>>
>>35543049
Weed isnt even that good no nedd to get hyped that people waste their money on dumb crap

T. My dad grows
>>
>>35543768
I've grown for two seasons. I've bought a used truck and saved the rest. My dad bought his own property
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.