[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is a job modern slavery?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 7

File: 1470864909696.jpg (442KB, 1188x1920px) Image search: [Google]
1470864909696.jpg
442KB, 1188x1920px
Is a job modern slavery?
>>
Existence is slavery. You're a slave to your urges and needs. You can never be truly free. We're designed to struggle and suffer. Your choices are non-existence or unimaginable horror.
>>
Would you eat her pussy on her period?
>>
>>35529096
No, a voluntary contract is not slavery you commie agitator
>>
File: 1488594138956.jpg (39KB, 470x500px) Image search: [Google]
1488594138956.jpg
39KB, 470x500px
>>35529157
>he thinks it's voluntary
>>
No dumbass, humanity works for each other, we pay each other, we buy houses, we get married and make children that replace us when we get too old to work.

>>35529131
This guy gets it
>>
>>35529186
The amount of NEETs on this board will attest to it being that way
>>
It's a good question, but I'd say the bigger picture is that society is designed to not necessarily overtly enslave, but obligate. Arguably, this is worse, since it feels consensual and removes blame from advertisers and places it on the consumers.

Media is very scientific about how to manufacture desire and "need" in others. The trick is to try to consume less media and focus on what truly makes you happy.

Basically, live as cheap as you can, buy nothing but investments, and seek happiness in experience, not in purchases. Easy to say, hard to live.
>>
>>35529157
Is it really voluntary? If you have to work and you can't find anything better, do you really have a choice?
>>
>>35529233
Your choice is to do what millions or billions of animals before you have done: give up and starve to death. That's a choice. Survival and existence aren't rights.
>>
>>35529131
So suicide is like breaking out of a prison?
>>
>>35529233
Yes, you have multiple choices, or you can not work and in most cases someone will keep you fed and clothed. Even if not, you can just starve to death, doesn't mean you're not free to make the choice. Life is a struggle
>>
>>35529204
Wubalubdubdub someone's getting laid in college
>>
no, slavery is modern slavery.

there are a lot of comparisons to be made with wage work in modern society, but no it is not forced labor without compensation.
>>
>>35529265
No, because things happen once you get out of prison. Suicide is suicide, it's incomparable. You end the process of struggle because you can't handle it. Life has no inherent value, all joy you feel is completely predicated on the unimaginable suffering of countless other living things. The fact that you are not suffering right now is the exception, not the rule.
>>
File: 58qV6lK.jpg (103KB, 1000x847px) Image search: [Google]
58qV6lK.jpg
103KB, 1000x847px
>>35529305
wew, this goys on a roll
>>
>>35529157
>>35529246
Following this logic it's ok to point a gun to your head and tell you that you can be my slave or die, of course this is not a problem because it's voluntary slavery.
>>
>>35529402
Yep, that's how nature works. Do you think a lion politely asks the antelope for a bite of his haunches, offering him a livable lifestyle in return? The only reason you enjoy """freedom""" is because someone in society "guarantees" it with explicit or implicit violence. You really have no choice in your life besides surviving or dying, and even then there's a huge amount of chance to that entire process that's totally outside of your control. Only the most normal of normalfags deny this reality and insist the world is just.
>>
>>35529157
All the fucking land belongs to somebody
Tell me right fucking now what alternative I have to selling my time
>>
>>35529452
Didn't realize I was talking to either an edgy teenager or a manchild lol.
>>
>>35529246
>>35529266
This is a retarded argument. It's a given that if someone doesn't want to die and they're not rich, then they don't have a choice but to work.
>>
Yes.

I didn't ask to be born. Why should I have to justify my existence with constant toil?
>>
File: RedpillNoobs.jpg (100KB, 900x429px) Image search: [Google]
RedpillNoobs.jpg
100KB, 900x429px
>>35529265
Yes.
I hope we will all be free soon...
>>
>>35529498
It's all true, though. Simply calling the harsh reality "edgy" doesn't discredit the truth behind it. What, do you actually think you have "rights" or "freedom"? You're bitching about the fact that you so horrendously have to WORK to survive, just like untold billions of living creatures before you, and you're calling me a manchild or teenager? You already have a choice to kill yourself and be free of all struggle, the only reason you don't take it is because you actually do like being alive and the temporary pleasures your apparently awful existence of slavery grants you.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F4OOw22hKR4

>>35529157
If you pick your master, does that make it not slavery?
>>
>>35529222
It can't be that way for everyone. Someone has to work and be taxed to fund NEETs. In a way, that there are NEETs means that those who are indentured are indentured even more than they would be by working for their own sustenance due to government taking some of their earnings away to fund the lives of others.

>>35529471
This is a prime reason why a world with vastly fewer people would be a more just one. The fewer the people, the more land accorded to each person, and thus more agency and autonomy to each person.
>>
File: 8465138.jpg (36KB, 481x486px) Image search: [Google]
8465138.jpg
36KB, 481x486px
>>35529096
when do I get my basic income?
>>
>>35530057

TFW there will never be workable basic income. It would just cause inflation and attract hordes of 3rd world parasites.
>>
>>35530126
Inflation could be managed but you're right the 3rd world parasites would be a serious problem. We would have to absolutely maximise border security.
>>
>>35529096
It depends entirely on what your job is. Some people enjoy their jobs and are paid a decent, semi-fair wage.

Others are the ones in charge of society and give themselves grossly over-the-top, completely undeserved wages. They work a job but are not slaves.
>>
>>35529096
If you have debts and need the bank, yes, otherwise no. Especially if you are self employed or stay at home developer of some kind.
>>
thank g-d i am not a wagie
>>
>>35530126
>>35530187
We need BBC from third world countries to properly satisfy our white women. They do the jobs we are unable to do
>>
It's only slavery, in the loosest sense of the word, if you have chosen to work in a job that has no value to you.

And even then, it's entirely self inflicted. If you don't have the motivation to choose a career that is genuinely fulfilling to you and affords you an acceptable financial reward and work / life balance, you've fucked up big time.
>>
>>35530481
thanks just-worlder
>>
File: 1435432756436.jpg (132KB, 900x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1435432756436.jpg
132KB, 900x1080px
tfw enjoying almost 1000 euros of basic income monthly. yes, working is modern slavery and you should move to a first world country where people are taken care of.
>>
>>35530557
He is just a copecuck wageslave.

>"I-I am a good goy! Will you reward me with a pay raise, Mr Shekelstein?"
>>
>>35529142
i would eat her pussy even post menopause
Thread posts: 38
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.