[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Why aren't you going to medical school?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 4

File: surgeon.jpg (76KB, 699x400px) Image search: [Google]
surgeon.jpg
76KB, 699x400px
>Why aren't you going to medical school?
>>
File: 1479964544464.jpg (116KB, 394x500px) Image search: [Google]
1479964544464.jpg
116KB, 394x500px
>>35525208
I'm not smart enough, I don't have the desire to work as a doctor, I don't want to take out that much in loans, I don't want to be around people, I'd probably kill myself before getting my MD or paying off the loans, the job itself seems pretty fucking disgusting, I don't want to take the lives of others into my (very inept) hands, I'm lazy, and I just plain don't want to.

Other than that, good question. Really makes my noodle caboodle.
>>
>>35525208
>why arent you willingly signing up for crippling student debt
>>
>>35525208
I am becoming a psychologist
>nothing can stop me
>>
>>35525208
because i have no interest in helping people or working in the american health care system. i also think college/medical school is a shit ton of work for something i would never be passionate about.

it's just a lot of time and effort that usually ends in regret (unless you're one of those rare cases of severely naive idiots who thinks "i'm doing meaningful work with my life! i make a difference! xD!!")

huge waste of a life. I'm gonna go sleep in my van now, by the river.
>>
>>35525208
they didn't let me in, solely because of my last name... fucking normies
>>
>>35525208
i already am a medical doctor
>>
>>35525208

It's too expensive. My friends that went into the medical field are still renting and paying their loans while I'm debt free and own my house.
>>
>>35525442
>solely because of my last name
sure pal, keep telling yourself that.

>>35525408
cringed at your life choices friend, well, actually it might be kind of fun blindly scamming rich people out of huge sums of money....hmm
>>
>>35525208
Too many years of studying, too competitive and the work environment is simply depressing and often disgusting too.
I'm the kind of guy that like to make thing, and preferably in industrial scale. In highschool I wanted to be a ChemE.
Because of my recent health issues I developed an interest in medical sciences but I don't think I'd like to be a surgeon or doctor for a living. It might be fun at first but it will probably get tiring really soon. Not to mention rotating schedules at work, overnight shifts etc.
>>
When I cut a normie open it is to end their life, not save it.
>>
Med student here.1 more year and it's gone.And ya it's fucking hard.if I could turn back time I would suggest to my self not to go here.
Also I was promised there will be girls.Yes they are....But not human looking...A hole in a tree is much better
>>
>tfw drop out
At first it hurt, but then I realized I would still want to die even if I had graduated.
>>
i'm not smart enough for that. i hated working at a grocery store. i don't think i would being a doctor.
>>
I'm not smart enough and I fail math anything precalc and above
>>
>>35525208
Because I can get plenty of money doing something that's easy for me in another subject.
>>
>>35526438

Which subject in particular ?
>>
Because I'm a day trader and would rather make money off human suffering than help those fucks
>>
>>35525208
Not wasting my entire existence being surrounded by absolute fucking idiots waiting for any opportunity to sue me

Medicine is for uninspired people without ambition
>>
>>35527460

Can one day trade themselves out of poverty?
>>
File: 1487013134244.jpg (134KB, 750x738px) Image search: [Google]
1487013134244.jpg
134KB, 750x738px
>>35525208
CUZ DAT SHIT HARD NIGGA
>>
Being a physician is actually no more economically viable than many other fields (sans the most expensive and high-earning fields) if you consider the effort and expenditures that go into becoming a doctor. Physician assistants make roughly the same returns when you cancel out all of the doctor's expenditures, plus they train faster. I chose med school because of different reasons though. I try to convince a lot of pre-meds against it because most clearly have no idea what they are getting themselves into, or they just want money.
>>
>>35525208
>hate the site of blood
>the concept of dealing with organs that can affect a person's personality troubles me existentially
>>
>>35527460
>pretending to be a day trader on 4chan.
Sorry cuck, but as someone who works in this field, I know there is no such thing as a day trader in this day and age. The closest thing to day trading is HFT. Try not to he a retard next time
>>
>>35527685

If you know your stuff yes

>>35528360
>know there is no such thing as a day trader in this day and age

Try not being an obvious underaged b8er
>>
>>35525208
Because I'm an automotive engineer.
>>
>>35528507

What niche do you trade on?

If you say jack of all trades you are full of it
>>
Blood and organs creep me out, and the various human discharges gross me out.
>>
File: 1427386903573.gif (827KB, 320x308px) Image search: [Google]
1427386903573.gif
827KB, 320x308px
>>35525208
I'm going to pharmacy school instead.
>mfw while the demand for doctors drops and increases for PAs and NPs instead, I'll still have guaranteed job security
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.