[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/uni/ thread

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 180
Thread images: 31

File: 1488775190759.jpg (47KB, 512x512px) Image search: [Google]
1488775190759.jpg
47KB, 512x512px
Where are the college robots at? What do you have due that you should be working on but aren't?

>tfw exam worth half my grade next week
>haven't studied yet
>>
>>35515013
>had to write at least three programs
>done nothing
Maybe I should just drop out, I'm not a software engineer.
>>
>>35515013
I can relate to your feel. I have an exam on Thursday and an assignment I have no idea about due Wednesday. Tomorrow (Tuesday) I'll probably just fuck around and procrastinate.

The past year or so I just haven't been able to focus on anything. You know when you're reading a book and you realize you haven't been paying attention to the page you just read? It's like that for everything. Even writing this post takes a fair bit of effort. I just can't find meaning in anything anymore.

Good luck on your exam though, if you don't study and expect the worse then you can only be surprised when you do well
>>
>2 midterms this week
>skipped both those classes for a majority of the semester
>>
File: sadness.jpg (75KB, 1013x1072px) Image search: [Google]
sadness.jpg
75KB, 1013x1072px
I should be learning about statistics. I post sad frogs instead.
>>
File: hello.jpg (54KB, 640x400px) Image search: [Google]
hello.jpg
54KB, 640x400px
>tfw huge presentation tomorrow that i haven't started
>tfw my classes are cancelled tomorrow
>>
>>35515013
>join a fraternity
>inb4 normie reee get out
>one of them is a turbo-normie bordering on Chad
>invites me to parties
>every single time I've ended up getting drunk and crying
>every time he always finds me and tries to comfort me
I'm not sure how I should feel
>>
>>35515013 i really wanna drop out but i have no other plan yet. i dont belong here
>>
File: 1437247714724.jpg (241KB, 1027x592px) Image search: [Google]
1437247714724.jpg
241KB, 1027x592px
>>35515169
I'm doing this right now and I want to kill myself
>>
>>35515254
What degree are you getting? Is it STEM?
>>
>>35515013
Just dropped uni.
I was having a big depression but now I wonder if I made the right choice
>>
>>35515341
im still at community college doing general education so i havent started my major really. was thinking about doing musical composition but i cant even pass the entry level algebra class. i even put myself into a lower class and im about to fail a test tomorrow. even if i got the music degree i would most likely end up homeless
>>
>>35515325
why don't you suck my dick instead
>>
>>35515415
Statistics is far more interesting, thank you very much
>>
File: 1443940622203.jpg (140KB, 707x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1443940622203.jpg
140KB, 707x1000px
>>35515415
O-o-ok p-post it
>>
Is it weird to live with parents when you're attending university?
>>
>>35515013
> Nearly 6 am
> Midterm today
> Still 2 classes of material Im currently seeing for the first time to get through

Why do I keep doing this to myself?
>>
I hate studying. I want to give up everyday. I'd rather work a dead end job than put up with these stuck up professor cunts.
>>
>be hungry
>have to save money to buy MGS 3 cause I promised my friend that I'll give him half of the price if he lets me play it on his PS Vita
>stomach gurgling so anyone can hear how hungry am I
>>
>>35516297
No. It's a pretty normal thing these days so students can save money. Your social life and your overall uni experience would be a lot better if you lived in a dorm though.
>>
>>35516297
Na but get a job
>>
>>35516972
I will eventually. Not now. I hope they build a McDonalds near my house, so I can work there
>>
I don't understand how some people are so chipper all the time. Like what the fuck do you have to be constantly happy and upbeat about? I said I was going to make one friend this semester but y'know what fuck that. I don't want to be friends with anyone in my uni. They're all massive faggots.
>>
>>35517521
You'd like it at my uni. Despite a beautiful weather everyone is a grumpy cunt today.
>>
>>35515147
When did your semester start?
>>
File: u1z9syz60tky.png (535KB, 497x837px) Image search: [Google]
u1z9syz60tky.png
535KB, 497x837px
>>35515013
>Study in Netherlands.
>Study economics
>Girls everywhere
>Introduction week starts in August
>Meet my group
>Tons of normies and nice people
>Take interest in a girl
>She is orbited by this neck beard beta right from the start
>Tell beta to fuck off since I want to talk to her
>He backs away
>We hit it off
>We end up having a blast
>We kiss on the third day of the introduction week
>We have sex two days after that
>Be now second semester
>In stable relationship with gf of intro week
>Beta orbited dropped out in January

This is the best feeling ever.
>>
>>35515013
skipped 2 weeks already, in 3rd week right now, skipping is still in process (2nd year 2nd semester for the record, started 2 weeks ago)

i hate this shit so fucking much

>>35516527
>>35516527
>>35516527
>>
>>35516557
Upd: had to skip a lecture cause I nearly fainted from hunger. And because of it they can ban me from taking this exam.
>>
>Havent been to lectures since christmas
Eh, i'll be fine
>>
>>35515013
My studio is being taught by a foreign teacher for the semester who doesn't quite understand how things work at this uni, so we've had to do much more shit than usual. I've been handling it okay but I know for a fact my grades in my other classes are tanking for it
>>
File: norwegian folktale.jpg (141KB, 672x799px) Image search: [Google]
norwegian folktale.jpg
141KB, 672x799px
>>35515117
That's called depression and you need to see a doctor or therapist for that, or even just look up for help on the interenet.

It's obviously ruining your life, get some help.
>>
>>35518564
Bro don't be autistic, eat food and make some extra cash doing some odd job or another to buy the game. You need to take care of yourself
>>
>>35515250
Good because you have a friend
>>
>>35515250
He's a pretty cool guy for not bailing on you when you get like that, but why do you keep crying after drinking some
>>
File: 1468736250717.png (596KB, 612x672px) Image search: [Google]
1468736250717.png
596KB, 612x672px
I've just got an interview next Tuesday for a summer internship. Looks like there're only me and another girl for candidates.

I'm feeling kinda conflicted because I plan to kill myself this coming holiday so I'll just ruin it for everyone if I actually got a spot and kms.

Then again it's not like I can just sit around until I actually die so I'll still have to put up with shit like this.

I guess I'll do the interview properly. If I actually kms, I wouldn't be around to feel guilty about it anyway.
>>
>>35518419
>Spend life wanting a gf
>Decide to sack up and talk to one
>Really hit off or so I think
>Some guy keeps glaring at me
>Chad tells me to fuck off
I do and get home and cry
>Two days later nut up and buy her some flowers.
>See Chad tongue fucking her.
>A week later I here they had sex.
>Get diagnosed with terminal illness in January and have to drop out
>Missed my one chance of getting a gf
>Realise I have super powers
>Become a masked vigilante and save the world.
>Fly into sun
>Die
>>
>>35518725
How about if you get the job you keep living and do the thing, but if you don't you can kill yourself with no regrets
>>
>>35518725
But why wait till summer?
>>
>>35518743
Yeah, I'll probably do that.

>>35518749
Because I'm studying abroad and I have to wait a little more until I go back and get my father's gun back home.
>>
>>35515169
Same except for the frogs
I have a statistics test that can give a bonus for the final grade tomorrow but i'll smoke some weed and maybe study tonight or tomorrow morning.
I also have a large assignment due in 2 weeks that my group hardly even started on.
Then I have 2 midterms in 2 weeks, one of them is psychology so that will be a joke, the other is financial and project management and I feel like I am fucked for that one.
>>
File: The+Horn+of+Boromir[1].jpg (191KB, 843x462px) Image search: [Google]
The+Horn+of+Boromir[1].jpg
191KB, 843x462px
>>35518597
I'm not that anon, but there is no help for it. There is -nothing- you can do.

I've been living with these symptoms since I was 13. Parents ran me in and out of doctors, therapists, on medication through a chunk of high school. None of it worked.

I can't sleep, I can't think, I can barely feel. I'm always tired and burnt out, it's extremely difficult to focus on anything for any amount of time, but there is literally nothing you can do about it. I'm 25 now, and forcing myself forward. I've started university and I'm halfway through and every day I have a half dozen little emotional crises. Stress is at a maximum, but there isn't anything else to do but keep going forward. I adamantly refuse to die. There is no question things would be easier if I wasn't this way, but that's just not the way things are.

The only end is suicide, but not yet.

To any other suffering anons. While we breathe we fight. I don't hope and I see things as inevitable, but I get a spark of satisfaction from gritting my teeth and refusing to die. Resist resist.
>>
>>35515081
>three programs

LUL

one week is enough time for three programs.
>>
>>35518742
You couldn't see us, we were by ourselves in the bar in the city centre.
>>
>>35518691
Not anon you're replying to, but I feel like breaking down and crying whenever I'm drunk too.

Not sure why people say alcohol numbs the senses and makes you happy. It just makes me want to crawl into a hole and cry to myself, alone.
>>
>>35518419
I don't get how it's so fast for normies

they're like fish in the water, meanwhile I'm thinking about how the cunt could think I want to manipulate her by talking to her in some subtle way I just manage to come up with on spot too or some dumb shit like that

fuck this gay earth
>>
>>35518836
It would be if not for my procrastinating lazy ass.
>>
>>35518893
I guess it affects some people differently, I've never had that feel from drinking before.
>>
>>35518901
>the cunt

maybe
>>
>>35518830
stop relying on psychiatrists for this, they'll give you some antidepressants and shit and that's it, if it doesn't work they'll try the next anti-dep which has a slightly different half-life or something

research nootropics, try theanine + caffeine combo
>>
>>35515013
>college
>Robots
HAHAHAHA
>>
>>35518947
yeah if she does indeed think that she is a cunt
>>
>st patricks day coming up
>everyone making veiled references to partying and getting drunk
>already know I'm spending the day alone
this is homecoming all over again!
>>
went to one lecture today and noped out back home immediately after. How do people spend full days at uni going to every single class? It's so boring, especially if you are alone.
>>
>>35518988
Just find a gf to be lonely with, it's what I do
>>
>>35518901
It's not that hard to talk to girls man.
>>
>>35519051
well I've learned to talk to them OK but the problem I've told about remains and introduces autism latency into the conversation which sets of the weirdo detector

but I wouldn't even know how to transition so that I would kiss her 2 days later, I was more perplexed by this part, how can it be so natural and thoughtless (not even meant negatively) for some people that they fluidly go from "hello" to this, this is what really hits me

meanwhile robots do what I do and overanalyze everything
>>
>>35519051
last introduction week I had went well the first day

then I tried the balancing-actions-out-so-she-doesn't-think-I'm-beta thing where I tried to approach / talk / do sth with her only so often, expecting her to reciprociate in equal measure

didn't work of course, then in the semester I asked her a simple question about the beginning of the courses and she answered weirdly, then later she left without saying bye and that was the extent of my interaction

I just don't get it
>>
Exams went from good to awful but that's okay as people with Fs passed last year anyway.

I feel like shit due to my inability to relate to others so therefore I have hardships to connect with people. I thought this only happened in my other school but it doesn't look like. Maybe it's just me or everyone else in the world is an asshole. Probably the former though.

Not really a pretty thing to watch how others can so easily have fun and socialize. I try my best and some people like me but some just don't.
>>
>>35518965
I don't go to psychiatrists or psychologists. I quit medication and therapy when I was 16 because of all the myriad of medications they put me on none made me feel anything different and the therapists were frankly idiots.

I'm "into" nootropics, but I take L-methyfolate and. I'm not sure it really makes any difference, but it can't fuck you up the way drugs might. I used to take SAM-e as well, but something about that stuff messed with my stomach and I'd always get stomach cramps and end up shitting myself not long after taking it. My body wasn't processing the pills, either, so even if there was some benefit from it I wasn't getting anything.

I also take a non-addictive anti-convulsant as a sleep aid. Sometimes it helps, sometimes it doesn't do anything, sometimes it leaves me feeling slightly dreamy through the next day.

This is about the best I've been able to manage over years of dealing with this illness.
>>
File: please just fucking kill me.jpg (58KB, 489x599px) Image search: [Google]
please just fucking kill me.jpg
58KB, 489x599px
>>35515013
26 years old and I've been in college for 6 years now. I should have been done with my degree, but I'm not even close. I hate my accounting degree so much. I thought it would be nice, but its not. Its fucking brutal.

I still have no idea on what I want to do with my life. I just keep on switching back and forth. I feel like I will be a wage cuck forever.

Fucking depression is getting worse. Its so bad that there are days where I don't even want to go to class or even leave my house. I wish I was good with computers, so that I could get some ComSci job and work from home.
>>
>>35519639
I said theanine because l-theanine / caffeine has amazing potential to jack up your concentration skills into saturn's orbit, which is something that might specifically help you

>I don't go to psychiatrists or psychologists. I quit medication and therapy when I was 16 because of all the myriad of medications they put me on none made me feel anything different and the therapists were frankly idiots.

Hence why I said to not rely on them for this kind of issue, I don't think that they've put you on something that might have actually helped, but they just heard yada yada depression yada yada and tried every anti-dep under the sun instead of fixing your concentration skills like you said the main problem was

>L-methylfolate
what do you take it for? this doesn't have much direct effects except when your body is unable to metabolize folate by itself, and can really bring some people out of whack according to many anecdotal reports. The main reason to take it is when you know your folate metabolism is going to be interrupted which happens with many other drugs.

>SAM-e
don't know much about that, but it says 'relieves brain fog' on the tin so yeah

>My body wasn't processing the pills, either

how can you know that
>>
it's all gone to fucking shit
I thought i was becoming a normie, I was going to move into an apartment with normies and go out with them and everything
these fucking idiots tell me last week that I can move in and that we'll sign the lease soon
then these fucking traitors tell me today that their friend wants to move in and kick me from the facebook chat and tell me "sorry mr. robot looks like you'll have to find another place"
then this perfect single apartment I was looking at last week but didn't take because I thought I was living with other people was claimed by someone else
now I have to find a new place in the most competitive part of the year because these normies tricked me
>>
>>35520912
I know the feel, my friends are all paired up for next semester's housing so I'm sort of left in the cold to room with some random normie
>>
>>35520765
"Jacking concentration skills into orbit" isn't exactly what I want to achieve. That doesn't fix what's wrong with you, it alleviates some of the symptoms associated with this "disease". I don't know much about l-thanine and I might look into it, but juicing yourself with caffeine and other stimulants is not a solution to constant fatigue.

>L-methylfolate
I started taking this on recommendation from my dad. He and my uncle both have similar patterns of mental illness as me suggesting some kind of genetic component. My uncle started taking it and got a good effect from it, so my dad and I figured we would try it as well seeing as we all have dealt with treatment-resistant depression with very similar symptoms for many years.

>SAM-e
It's a building block your body uses to make all kinds of chemicals and neurotransmitters. Supposedly taking supplements of it can help treat symptoms caused by deficiencies in these kinds of things. Also allegedly helps "regulate gut bacteria"

>how can you know that
Because when I inevitably ended up shitting my guts out from this stuff the pill would come with it completely intact. I've never heard of someone experiencing symptoms like I did from it, though. It's supposed to be incredibly benign, but for whatever reason it sure didn't gel with me.
>>
>>35515013
>tfw havent been to class in about a month

im a failure
>>
File: 1479949567108.png (19KB, 263x314px) Image search: [Google]
1479949567108.png
19KB, 263x314px
Is 40 days enough to pass 4 finals? I was thinking 10 days each subject and then the subjects I'm done with revised as I go along with new material.

Can anyone help me out on this one? I just wanna pass, the stress is killing me.
>>
>>35521719
If you study effectively then yes.

Summarise each topic into a mindmap. I usually do that after every lecture and then study one mindmap per day for like 15-30min during the study break. It's been working out well so far.
>>
File: 1479945852608.jpg (2MB, 2368x3200px) Image search: [Google]
1479945852608.jpg
2MB, 2368x3200px
I'm an NEET doing work on the side (untaxed) and I've started going to some friends' lectures

I can just waltz in any time i like, do whatever I want to do and not do any of the boring or stressful shit (essays, tests)

Feels good to finally experience higher education the way it was meant to be experienced
>>
>>35515013

>2000 word paper on how joyce uses the odyssey in Ulysses (my own decision cause I loved Ulysses)
>due Friday, have 200 words written
>no idea what to even say

Becoming an english major was a mistake
>>
>>35521780
I study 10 hours a day during revision, you think thats enough? Keep in mind I just want the 45%.
>>
>>35521030

I haven't been to class for 2 months senpai
>>
>went to every single class this year
feeling good my dudes
>>
>>35520457

I'm 24, but also been in uni for 6 (7?) years. Changed majors 4 times, hated all of them.

I think it would be wise to pick a better degree, everybody hates being an accountant senpai. Change it to what, i don't know, but you're making yourself miserable for no real reason, it seems like
>>
>>35521905
Jesus christ man, what's your debt like?
>>
>>35521846
What are you studying actually?

But 10 hours a day sounds more than enough to get 45%.
>>
>>35521927

No debt, scholarship (that just ran out) combined with cheap ass state school paid for by my enabling parents.

The perks of being an only middle-class child ^:)
>>
>>35515081
What kind of programs?
>>
>>35521950
Law. Last year I didn't go to class at all (went to 8 lectures the whole year), wrote papers the night before and studies less than 15 hours for finals and still managed to pass.

Anyway I need some opinion cause I'm stressed as fuck and the finals are like 2 months away. How do you guys deal with stress anyway?
>>
>>35521993
Miller-Rabin test, chat using 3-DES and Diffie-Hellman key exchange and simples RSA realization.
>>
>>35518781
>studying abroad
>Putting your family more in debt, then wasting it by killing yourself
Honestly, that is so selfish
>>
>>35522114
*the simplest RSA realization
Damn, I'm bad at it
>>
File: 1463143382400.jpg (75KB, 800x530px) Image search: [Google]
1463143382400.jpg
75KB, 800x530px
>started as a STEM major
>became a CJ cuck because I realized I was too lazy to be a STEM major
>going to pretty much throw my degree away when I'm out of college
>not motivated enough to do anything anymore
>>
>>35515013
>Transfer to another uni was accepted
>most likely will lose this semester
>barely passed anything in the previous one
A year well spent
>>
File: 1476976188861.jpg (13KB, 238x192px) Image search: [Google]
1476976188861.jpg
13KB, 238x192px
It's getting late where I live and I have not started my homework yet. I have just played skyrim all day.
>>
>>35522118
I don't think that argument works very well on suicidal people.
>>
>>35521893
Did so and failed almost everything. Uni is a normie game, however hard you study you cant outdo the chads who get their material from people all around
>>
>>35522170
I know the guy who is in exactly the same situation.
Why do you do this if you know that's too hard for you?
>>
>midterm tomorrow
>have to do half a semester's worth of reading in one night

Fuck me
>>
>>35522195
Maybe you didnt study hard enough? The material they have cannot be better than the one available to you, no?
>>
>>35522190
You still like Skyrim? It aged like milk and wasn't exactly good in 2011 either. I hope you've at least modded it to shit.
>>
>>35522195

Lmao. Anon, unless you're going to an ivy league, there's no reason to not do well. I never consult classmates for anything and I do well.

Your study methods are flawed. I don't want to say you're stupid, because I don't know, but the problem is you, not university
>>
>tfw haven't talked to anyone since classes started last week
>tfw another year of not getting laid is coming and I'm doing nothing to stop it
>>
>>35518836
>one week
Try a day.
Two at most.
Unless you're in 400 level CS classes nothing they throw at you requires anything more than 2 or 3 hours of work, and that's if you're slow.
>>
>>35522248
Why do you think I'm here? Certainly not because I'm very smart
>>
>>35522118
Well yeah, but if I'm gonna kill myself one day either way, the earlier the better, isn't it? I'd waste less money then.

Not that I should worry much, they are quite well off even without me. They have plenty of relatives who'd be happy to chip in if they need it.
>>
>>35522279
Do more logic puzzles.
All of programming is arranging small bits of functions in the most clever way.
>>
>>35522018
>Law
Well, fuck.

I can see why you'd be stressed. It's a good thing I'm just doing some easy STEM meme.
>>
>>35521975
>The perks of being an only middle-class child ^:)
I know this feel. I still feel somewhat guilty not paying for a dime of it regardless.
>>
>>35522210
I dunno about you guys, but at my last university it was fairly common practice to give course materials to one or two people and ask them to spread it around. If you're too autistic to talk to anyone, well... you don't get anything.

>>35522305
If you seriously think reading Smullyan is going to help you with your programming skills, I have some really bad news.
>>
>>35522324
I'm not studying in U.S so the law schools are not as hard as in the land of the free and brave.
>>
File: 1475961003042.jpg (34KB, 657x527px) Image search: [Google]
1475961003042.jpg
34KB, 657x527px
>>35522220
It's not that great to be honest

Mostly I just don't want to do my homework
>>
>>35522196
Money.
My family pays a lot for me here but when i go to the other uni that is in my hometown, ill be a loser but not a burden too
>>
>>35522343

Oh trust me I'm reminded every day of how I'm exploiting them and squandering the opportunities I've been given due to my complete lack of motivation or caring about the future.
Some bastard feeling between guilt, shame, and depression

How long have you been going?
>>
File: 1483408988751.jpg (40KB, 630x418px) Image search: [Google]
1483408988751.jpg
40KB, 630x418px
>>35519033
try being a normie at community college. These people are 24+, married, kids. Going full-time while working full-time. I don't know how they do it. It scares me thinking about it.

classmate told me school from 8am-1pm, then work 1pm-10pm. Had another tell me they worked till 3am. Like when do you clean or buy groceries or sleep.

The latest I've worked on a school day is 8pm because that's when it closes, I work in a service center.
>>
File: 1439873305194s.png (78KB, 239x229px) Image search: [Google]
1439873305194s.png
78KB, 239x229px
>>35522484
This scares me too. It seems to be just my course that has like only 2 hours of class a day. It's like everyone here is expected to work while studying.

Even the quiet chink in my class got some part time job.
>>
Who /suicidethoughts/ here?
>>
>>35522790
Me right now. But it'll go away soon, I'm sure. Just need to convince myself that my parents need me here.
>>
>>35515013
Med stud. Aiming for 10-12 pomodoros a day.

What do you guys think ?
>>
>>35522790
Pretty much every robot is.

NORMIE GET OFF MY BOARD REEEEEEE
>>
writing a paper rn what do you guys think of that

got 225 words out of 1k but thats due in like a month so its all good

what are you guys up to cus im just writing a paper here
>>
>>35518419
If you study at Erasmus I might know the dude lmao
>>
>>35515013
>my last year of uni is almost over
>I just wasted these entire 3 years sitting in my room, rarely even going outside
>no friends, no gf, I don't have any real life social interaction whatsoever
>it's too late for me to have the proper uni experience
>I'll spend the rest of my life regretting that I wasted these years, and feeling like I missed out
>>
>>35523048
whats your degree, btw i envy you so fucking much I just want to be done and start salarycucking
>>
>>35523137
Maths, university of warwick. Hopefully with my degree I'll be able to get a job, but the fact that I have no experience whatsoever won't help.
>>
File: theodore.jpg (247KB, 1000x1255px) Image search: [Google]
theodore.jpg
247KB, 1000x1255px
>>35518597
Strange how you posted that picture, as Hvis Lyset Tar Oss is my favorite album.

I'm aware I have some sort of depression, but I can't be bothered to do anything about it. I hate and absolutely do not trust doctors, and the thought of depending on pills to be happy makes me sick. I'm probably being irrational though. Thank you though.
>>35518830
I've been to a handful of therapists and I've noticed that none of them really help, only make you feel good for an hour or two when you leave. I have a feeling of comfort in knowing that at any time I can kill myself. It's nice to know all this can stop and I can finally be at peace if I choose to.
>>
i need immediate psychiatric help
>>
>>35522421
Sorry for the late response.

I'm a sophomore currently. Double majoring in a foreign language and philosophy or literature. Originally went in for STEM but quickly realized how stupid I was/how much I disliked it so I switched to humanities. It kinda compounds the guilt I have but what can ya do.
>>
File: fedora-010.jpg (32KB, 466x382px) Image search: [Google]
fedora-010.jpg
32KB, 466x382px
>>35515013

>tfw didnt study
>tfw rationalizing it withe the "smart but lazy" meme

Fuck. Can someone give me a website or a test or whatever the fuck is necessary to seal it once and for all: how intelligent am I and how much is the dunning-kruger effect responsible for this stupid rationalization of my "superior" intelligence?

Also: everytime I question my intelligence I feel like I'm not as dumb as I think I am, but then again, I don't get the basic cause-effect-relation between not learning and failing.
>>
>>35522230
Dont worry, no offence taken.
I know i am stupid and every day i think even more that going to uni was a mistake
>>
>tfw engineering at a top school
this shit is not fair, it wasn't designed with friendless robots in mind.
>>
>was on Academic probation last Spring
>on Dean's List now

feels good guys
>>
>>35523533

For what it's worth, I don't think college is right for me either, despite doing well at it. It's a cruel meme that EVERYONE has to go because it got coopted into worker drone factories.
There's nothing wrong with vocations or anything else
>>
File: 1478880137495.jpg (77KB, 750x390px) Image search: [Google]
1478880137495.jpg
77KB, 750x390px
>>35515013
>studying for anything a week in advance
>>
LISTEN UP, EVERYONE WHO IS PROCRASTINATING: IF YOU GO AND RAPE A GIRL TONIGHT AND ONLY TONIGHT, THEN CUT A PIECE OF HER HAIR OFF AND SPRINKLE IT OVER A CLOSED GRAVEYARD UNDER THE FULL MOON, YOU WILL MAGICALLY PASS YOUR EXAM. OTHERWISE, NOPE.
>>
>>35523926
I never understood this.

I'm going to remember fuck all if I study that far ahead. Most of the information is so meaningless and dull I don't even put effort into remembering it for any amount of time.
>>
Got a BS in Computer Science while having clinical depression and now make $80k a year. I still have pretty serious bouts of it and ended up in the hospital twice. Also paid off all my debt. You can power through the depression, anons.
>>
File: 1489383900381.jpg (33KB, 600x489px) Image search: [Google]
1489383900381.jpg
33KB, 600x489px
>>35515013
bombed the easiest exam in my hardest class, mathematically guaranteed to not get an A, probably looking at a C overall

all of my other classes are easy though, so I should walk out with a 3.6 for the semester, not too bad
>>
>>35523983
you can power through depression if you're smart and make $80k a year. i'm stupid and poor.
>>
>>35523983
was it even worth it in the end?
>>
>>35522360
Quote from a Canadian Law school prof: "The two hardest things in Law school are getting in and failing."
>>
>too scared to talk to girls
>even if I could I'd lose interest the second I find out she's had sex before.

If I'm lucky at least I'll get a good job...
>>
>>35523998
>bombed means not getting an A
what the fuck is wrong with you
>>
>>35524163
only if you want to get into some kind of program which usually wants 3.75 gpa
>>
>>35524181
be glad you passed you ungrateful fuck
>>
>>35524163
grade for the class, not the exam

i made a 40% on that shit
>>
>>35523356
University is honestly the best time to go and get it. There are lots of resources available on campus.

Once you graduate and have to go into the real world, it'll get harder and harder to become a functioning person. Work on yourself while you can in university.
>>
>D and an F on two math exams
>still 3 more exams and a final to make up for it

T-there's a ray of hope for me bros...
>>
>tfw major isn't a meme like engineering and is still very useful
>no group work
>no crowded classes
>>
>>35524644

What major is that, friendo
>>
Philosophy and Math major here, in my junior year. Got a C, B, and another B for Calc 1-3, respectively. Something about having a mix of tons of reading and writing and agonizing calculus just makes me want to crawl in a hole and die. I'm finishing up the requirements for Philosophy this semester; currently procrastinating like a motherfucker. I handed in one paper two days late, so if the professor decides to enforce her late policy, I can only get a maximum of an 80% on it. There's this really cute girl that I've made small talk with in one of my classes. I'm socially awkward as fuck, and I stutter often, and it's fucking crippling even though I don't have it nearly as bad as other robots. I want to eventually ask her out for coffee or some shit, but it's hard to be social these days if you don't have a cell phone (too poor for a plan). I just signed up to a program that is going to get me on track to being a math teacher. My dream was to go for a PhD in philosophy to teach it, even though the field is horrible for job prospects, and you'll end up slaving away as an adjunct for a good deal of time. Oh well, high school teaching can be pretty /comfy/. It's becoming harder and harder for me to concentrate on the readings for school, and even harder to write papers. I used to be able to stay up all night to catch up on stuff, but now my body just shuts down after 2am. This is suffering.

>>35521797
I took Writing for the Humanities as a requirement for my BA. I appreciate literature, as well asmuch of what English fags do, but holy fuck that class was fucking torture. It was basically a test of how well you can frame the liquid bullshit that comes out of your keyboard in a way that sounds smart. Still got an A+, which surprised the ever-living fuck out of me.

>>35524441
Godspeed anon. Dont let your dreams be dreams! Time to fire up the coffee maker (or if you're not a casual, the french press and kettle) and your 15 minute power naps.
>>
>>35518356
end of january

welp time to cram tonight and tomorrow
>>
>>35524845

Yeah, that's exactly what English is. In the upper levels when you get to unadulterated critical theories like Marxism it's just a creative writing. But I legitimately can't even write anymore, its actually devolving into freshman tier shit and I can't stop it kek

You could probably get into actuary or data science jobs with that math degree, if you didn't wanna be a teacher (kudos for doing that though, god knows we need more good teachers).

Also same problem with girls; except I don't talk to her, I just look at her and have fantasies of hanging out with her. NOTHING IS GOING RIGHT
>>
Medical school. I hope i can unJUST my shit up soon. I'll try it harder this semester.
>>
have 2000 word essay on Locke vs Berkeley's primary and secondary qualities due in 4 hours and I haven''t even started yet. Someone shoot me.
>>
>>35524752
don't tell anyone else stats
>>
>>35515013
I'm on spring break this week and have 2 tests the Thursday I return, have yet to study for either of them. Thankfully one of them should be easy but the other one will require me to study everyday. I took two tests before I left for break and how I do on them will decide if I drop one of those classes. So you could say my stress is high.
>>
Tfw no loser robot friends to commiserate with irl about hating college and doing poorly
>>
File: 1462059483423.jpg (146KB, 887x960px) Image search: [Google]
1462059483423.jpg
146KB, 887x960px
i guess i'm one of the few robots who can become normies when the situation calls for it

college was a blast for me, went to school for music, didn't give a fuck that it was a dumb major, it was fun as hell and it made getting girls easier.

got laid on my second day of freshman year, fairly steady amount of pussy for the rest of college.

now i'm 25 and my life is all over the place but its fine. i had a salaried job for a while but ended up getting hospitalized (psych ward) and had to quit. now i'm trying to pick up the pieces, but that's life. it can definitely get better but at the same time i really want to kill myself so i can be forever young. the grind is boring as fuck and repetitive.
>>
>>35522823
hits close to home anon, the only thing keeping me alive is my family and fear of death
>>
>>35525823

I'm curious, how did you get a salaried job as a music major?

Tfw wanted to go to music school instead of college, but bought into the meme that it wasn't worth it. At least I'd be happy now if I had.
>>
>>35525823
You're not even a robot then. Normies aren't happy either.
>>
>>35522998
Nope, Tilburg.
>>
I should be studying for my calc midterm, but I feel like dying instead.
>>
>>35526079
Calculus is easy as fuck.
>>
File: 1479732087986.png (44KB, 657x527px) Image search: [Google]
1479732087986.png
44KB, 657x527px
>tfw just show up for lessons and seminars and do nothing else
L...livin' the dream
>>
>>35515013
dissertation start
interaction design research
and I have a chapter and a half of some research book I wanted to read.
I've spent all day either asleep or vaping.
>>
File: 1482452884938.png (64KB, 658x901px) Image search: [Google]
1482452884938.png
64KB, 658x901px
>>35526155
I don't even show up for classes anymore

>>35526129
Fuck of, calc is death.

I miss history.
>>
>three important presentations for these week
>learn all the spinal cord parts
>taking blood out of highschool kids
>buying myself a rabbit for dissection
>pretending that I'll care about the rabbit
Why I am like this?
>>
>another day without talking to that qt in my class
Only a few more months until I never see her again lads
>>
>3 papers and a test next week right before exams
>haven't done anything

feels pretty bad
>>
>>35525542
At this point just paraphrase Stanford's philosophy wiki and ctrl+f the readings for relevant quotes. 500 words every hour--you can do that shit if you get the fuck off /r9k/ right now and fire up the coffee machine.
>>
>>35526285
Are you me?

I want to stop seeing her so I can forget about her but I know the memory of her will keep coming back to make me feel regretful
>>
>>35526303

Same position as that anon, but I can't write near that much in an hour. 200 maybe. How to be a better writer?
>>
>>35526129
It is, but I fucking hate midterms.
>>
File: pepe.png (86KB, 327x367px) Image search: [Google]
pepe.png
86KB, 327x367px
>>35515013
Just had spring break last week and got a lot done and just chilling. Nothing exciting on the horizon.
>>
File: 008fgy4e.jpg (7KB, 259x194px) Image search: [Google]
008fgy4e.jpg
7KB, 259x194px
>>35515013

>tfw looking back on my life and how I thought i'd have a gf by the end of middle school
>graduating uni this semester and am still a khhv
>>
Have an essay worth 10% of my grade for the module that I've been putting off for too long. 2 weeks from now got exams worth 10% and 20%. Still haven't started studying and will probably leave it to the last minute like always. Fucking hate myself.
>>
File: 1488850477785.png (161KB, 405x410px) Image search: [Google]
1488850477785.png
161KB, 405x410px
>>35515013
i have a 3 page paper on athenian democracy due tomorrow at 1 PM and I haven't started yet
i have to cite 2 primary documents
doable, but still a pain

>tfw freshman
>>
>>35525988

it was in a completely unrelated field: technical recruiting. my friend was working at the company and referred me for an interview.

honestly don't give a fuck about what they say. it all comes down to what you make of it. if you lie to yourself and take a STEM major you'll be miserable and probably end up giving up on it.

music school CAN make you a better musician, depends on if the program is shit or not (good teachers that can actually play well). join a band, go on tour, have the time of your life, get girls to come up to you and say how good you are. it might not always pay but its very rewarding ego wise.
>>
File: 1488583648941.jpg (310KB, 726x1096px) Image search: [Google]
1488583648941.jpg
310KB, 726x1096px
Threads like this are a perfect example of why college is absolutely NOT for everyone. It's as if you were not thinking at all when you decided what school to go to and what to study. That being said, just go through with it. No matter if you hate your classes, keep in mind that once you've completed it you'll realistically never see the material again. I love what I do and I'm working on a PhD in it but I do remember how much I would dread classes not related to my major, like English comp. I dropped it 3 times, finally decided to take it as an accelerated 3 week course over the winter and made an A. Good luck everyone
>>
>>35515013
programming exam this friday... have had 8 weeks of time, done nothing to prepare
>>
File: FK5GEqQ - Imgur.png (50KB, 234x190px) Image search: [Google]
FK5GEqQ - Imgur.png
50KB, 234x190px
uni

>no food, hungry but already visited shop twice to get snacks
>feel more alone than at home because I have a tiny, dirty little jail cell room
>can hear everyone around me partying and having fun
>get drunk every night alone
>do no work and feel super guilty about it
>>
>have a test tomorrow in a public speaking class I am required to take
>have a test in a criminal justice class and a dinosaurs class both on Wednesday (both classes are actually a lot of information to learn)
>also have a speech outline to turn in on the 24th and give that 4-6 minute speech as well in the communications class
I just want to work on programming damnit
>>
>>35526303
Took your advice and working on that. but man, my paraphrasing is sounding so stupid.
>>
>>35523277
>Not Filosofem
A true plebeian.
>>
File: 1489481619100.png (93KB, 654x976px) Image search: [Google]
1489481619100.png
93KB, 654x976px
>engl/history double major
>term papers due at end of month
>haven't started any
>stopped going to classes
>lay in bed all day dreading fast approaching deadlines
>want to die
>>
Uni was my greatest mistake. Are the any robot-friendly universities in the UK. Unes without girls and constant partying.
>>
>>35523212
> university of warwick
Maths and stats warwick first year here. Seems I will be you in 2 years.
>>
File: 1485295720041.jpg (83KB, 640x597px) Image search: [Google]
1485295720041.jpg
83KB, 640x597px
>>35515013
brehs i asked a girl to study and i got her number and when i said my name, she said thanks with a smiley what this mean
>>
>>35524845
> Philosophy and Math
Is it even a thing?
Thread posts: 180
Thread images: 31

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.