[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Mormon Feel Thread

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 3

File: 1482127412367.gif (9KB, 645x773px) Image search: [Google]
1482127412367.gif
9KB, 645x773px
>tfw 21 and still am nowhere close to being ready to go on a mission
>tfw I have a herniated disc and other back/leg/neck problems that it'll take a lot of physical therapy to get me ready to go (that I have to do myself because I had to leave the physical therapy place I was at because it was so anxiety inducing and the thought of the next session overwhelmed every moment of life between sessions), and even then I can't help with all the service activities that are a regular part of mission life because it'll mess up my fragile health
>tfw have never been able to cure my mumbling, despite going to speech therapy (never realize I'm doing it until it's pointed out, and even then, I can't seem to fix it. really acts up in unfamiliar social situations, which I'd encounter constantly on a mission)
>tfw incurable mopey-hostile resting face. have practiced facial expressions in the mirror endlessly and tried to get a feel/awareness for the muscles and expressions of my face at all times, to no avail. even when I think I have a normal and pleasant enough expression, I get told to cheer up
>tfw parents are poor and I have to raise most of the money to pay for the expenses of my mission, but because of my sperginess, health problems and lack of education, the only job I can really get is a telephone survey place that hires anyone with a pulse (the worst kind of minimum wage job I hear)
>tfw want to make it through the standard works before I go out, but super slow reader, and after 2 hours of reading each day I only make it through 8 pages of scripture. If I have to get the phone job I don't know if I'll even have the energy to read after work
>tfw my bishop knows what a sperg I am and is gonna make me jump through a lot more hoops than the usual applicant to really prove that I am capable of serving
>tfw if and by the time I do go, I'll be significantly older than the majority of the elders in the field, but be far less mature, social and capable than them as well
>>
Well, maybe you can just tell them you aren't going? It seems clear to me that God didn't exactly make you with kind of ministry in mind. There will be consequences, but how do you feel about them? Do you REALLY want to convert people and share the message? Or are you just expected to?
>>
>>35512091
Not serving a mission in Mormonism is pretty much a sentence to being an eternal unmarried virgin and considering Mormonism is all about making big families that's a big deal. Not op.
>>
>>35512156
I know that. This guy sounds like the squarest peg ever pounded in the roundest hole ever though. Maybe this shit isn't for him, and he needs to make something else happen.
>>
Please go to your PT
I've worked in a physical therapy clinic for the past 5 years. I guarantee whatever level of sperg you are it is nowhere NEAR the worse that anyone working in a clinic has seen
nothing is worse than letting your back get messed up especially at a young age
>>
>>35512026
Going on a mission isn't for everyone. Growing up there is a lot of pressure into this belief that Every man has to serve a mission, perhaps it's not right for you and there's nothing wrong with that
>>
>>35512091
>Do you REALLY want to convert people and share the message? Or are you just expected to?
My own spiritual development is very weak, and i am studying scripture and praying almost every day to strengthen it to get more of a certainty of it being true. But let's say it is. Then I of course want people to have the message if that's the case. I have contemplated that idea though recently, and it is interesting how certain prophets in the scriptures were so deeply concerned for the welfare of others souls, and would be constantly engaging in bringing the message to the unconverted. I can't say I have the same level of desire, but it is a desire I am trying to cultivate. But more of my motivation honestly would be that God instructs us to do it and I trust that there's good in even someone like me going out and people hearing the message from me.
But yes, also, some of it, honestly, is just wanting to fulfill a role. Not even cause I care what other people in my church think, but just because it's something young men in the church are taught to do and I want to live up to that, for myself. That's not really the reason I should go but it is part of motivation, if I'm being honest.
>>
>>35512156
>Not serving a mission in Mormonism is pretty much a sentence to being an eternal unmarried virgin
that's probably going to be the outcome regardless so that's not a factor for me
>>35512203
>maybe this shit isn't for him, and he needs to make something else happen
maybe; maybe it's too late (the age cutoff for missionaires is 25 I think); it is pretty overwhelming
>>35512216
I appreciate your concern; I might start going to a new one if I can improve my social skills but for the next few months I'm gonna do the exercises on my own (I have even been able to replicate some of the equipment that the physical therapists have)
>>35512234
yeah as I said to the other guy maybe it's not right for me but I want to at least try to make it happen; unfortunately, that process is pretty overwhelming.
>>
>>35512280
Alright then, I have to apologise to you. It sounds to me now like you do have a desire to fill this role, but there are a lot of barriers in your way. You seem sincere, and I'm sure you'll get there somehow.

If you don't, "I tried like hell to go on a mission but couldn't because of factors out of my control" is going to be a lot better for your self respect when you are my age.

All the best.
>>
>>35512375
>Alright then, I have to apologise to you.
no offence was taken.
thanks for your kind words.
>>
>>35512419
Also, don't sell yourself short. We get a lot of perfect SLC missionaries around here, and they make me want to turn the hose on them. Handsome, fit guys in their 20s telling an ugly, middle aged and slightly bitter RN about how life works? Get off my lawn fucker, the dog bites and I want her to.

I would probably be more receptive to a wobbly robot who knows what the outside of the party looks like. And believe you me, there are a lot of people like me.
>>
>>35512026
>tfw I have a herniated disc and other back/leg/neck problems that it'll take a lot of physical therapy to get me ready to go (that I have to do myself because I had to leave the physical therapy place I was at because it was so anxiety inducing and the thought of the next session overwhelmed every moment of life between sessions

I read all of your post but I could have stopped reading there.

None of that other stuff you wrote matters. I don't care if you're a Mormon (although I am one also) you need to focus on fixing yourself first. The Mission can wait. Find a different physical therapist you are more comfortable working with.

Do the exercises -exactly- as they tell you to do them and do them as many times a day as they tell you do to them. NO exceptions. Even if it makes your family angry and it seems like you're inconveniencing them. That's -their- problem, not yours. This is what you have to do to get better.

Do NOT let temporary pain become chronic pain. You are at a cross-roads in life right now where you need to take immediate action to save yourself. No one else is going to do it for you.
>>
>tfw people genuinely think I'm retarded and there's no pressure for me to go
I can't say I envy you OP. I'm 18 and can't say I even want to go, but I'm sure in a few years I'll be in your position.
I think the disadvantage our kind has is that there's not really any kind of pressure on us to go. That can be good, because some people go SOLELY out of social pressure and end up coming home early sometimes because they never really determined for themselves if they wanted to go or developed their own testimony.
But you know, a LITTLE BIT might be beneficial for the lazier young men. If you had started working on these things at my age (minus the physical stuff cause you didn't explain the story/timeline behind that) then you'd already be spiritually, socially and financially prepared at this point, or could at least determine that it just isn't for you.
>>
>>35512367
>I might start going to a new one if I can improve my social skills but for the next few months I'm gonna do the exercises on my own (I have even been able to replicate some of the equipment that the physical therapists have)

No. You're going back. There's no debate here. It's straight up sinful to try to treat yourself here because there is no way you can do it properly, and that means you're not taking care of your body.
>>
>>35512026
What ward do you go to senpai? I live in utah and wish i had a local friend so i dont become a social recluse whenever i hang out in singles wards
>>
>>35512652
>And believe you me, there are a lot of people like me.
I sure hope so
>the dog bites and I want her to
kek
>>35512654
I need to develop my social skills a little bit before I find a new one though. In the meantime I'll just do the exercises that I can at home. I have them down decently so that should at least delay things to a degree. I'm giving myself a 3 month deadline.
>>35512710
people were actually hounding me when I was 17 and 18, then they gave up. so I can't say I'm in the same boat as you.
>>
>>35512721
>because there is no way you can do it properly
why not?
>>35512831
I don't live in Utah. Sorry family home evening.
>>
>>35512156
His life is a sentence for that
>>
This greentext is so depressing, and I'm not even Mormon.
Is there any area of life where things can just come easy to us? Just one?
>>
>>35512979
Shame comes easily to you.
>>
File: image.jpg (24KB, 170x245px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
24KB, 170x245px
>tfw went up to stand as a 7 year old during fast and testimony meeting and said something that made everybody laugh at me
>tfw it haunted me for years to come and made me too nervous to ever speak in church again; I always refused requests to speak in sacrament as a youth
>tfw seminary teacher held a conference quiz bowl after conference once, and included questions from the priesthood session
>tfw it was the one time I skipped it but I was the only guy on my team so I let my teammates down
>tfw could never go on camping trips with the young men because I had a bedwetting problem until I was 19
>tfw didn't go on mission
I really wish I had at least tried like you are OP. Keep your chin up.
>>
>>35512938
true
>>35513131
yeah I really don't think they should allow anyone under 12 to go up on fast sunday. and of course, they'll all say that "oh no we weren't laughing at you" but of course they were. what they mean is that no one is really JUDGING you because you're 7. but of course, that doesn't make sense to a 7 year old. why shouldn't it affect them? 7 year olds have egos, and when someone laughs at them, they'll feel embarrassed.
>the one time I skipped it
kek but hey, you never missed it again, right?
>camping trips
I actually did go on one. you didn't miss anything. sorry you didn't get to find that out on your own though
>Keep your chin up
I am trying.
>>
Just stop being mormon, you know none of that shit is real anyway.
>>
>>35512026
Why not follow Hinduism instead?
>>
>>35512367
if you have any questions about exercises or replicating the equipment i can do my best to help you
>>
File: download (21).jpg (3KB, 182x160px) Image search: [Google]
download (21).jpg
3KB, 182x160px
Why not become a le edgy atheist
Orig
>>
>>35513276
Maybe your opinion would change if you sincerely read and prayed about the Book of Mormon.

Anyway, going to sleep, but thanks everybody for replying.
>>
You really need to go back to physical therapy OP.
>>35513325 is probably sincere, but you don't want to run the risk of him being a troll.
>"but it's overwhelming!"
So? Your life sounds stressful already anyway. And from what I've heard about LDS missions, those are stressful too. This'll be good preparation for learning to handle the stress. Don't wait a few months. Go as soon as mummy can schedule you.
>>
>>35513344
I have read it, and it was one of the silliest texts I've ever had to read (religious study gen ed credit)

"praying" is fucking useless. All it is is wishing hard but where you think someone is listening. If you get what you want "praise allah" and if you don't, ignore it for confirmation bias
>>
>>35512026
Ex mo here
Get your head out of your ass
Also read the CES LETTER it's cool
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.