[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

why the FUCK does Japan seem so god damn comfy. Is it just a

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 70
Thread images: 12

File: 1486879901343.jpg (703KB, 1329x783px) Image search: [Google]
1486879901343.jpg
703KB, 1329x783px
why the FUCK does Japan seem so god damn comfy. Is it just a weaboo thing? Am I literally blinded by anime, and only looking through rose tinted glasses? Someone please redpill me on Japan.
>>
The not metropolitan parts of Japan are really comfy and stuff. Most bt the fact they have a religion that preaches inner peace and spirituality.
>>
Anything seems comfy compared to "Can I get a gun with my cheeseburger" America
>>
>>35509780
You probably can't even imagine how grey and miserable Russia is for most of the time, especially the early spring.
>>
>>35509695
Have you been anon? The rural areas are what I think seem the comfiest, I have a friend who recently went there and said it was amazing.
>>
i know that feel bro, i would love to learn japanese and take a trip there, maybe even move there

of course it's never gonna happen
>>
>>35509618
yes you're being blinded by anime, anime is a fantasy representation of japan
anime japan does not equal real japan
in reality it's just another place with the same kinds of 3d people you'd get anywhere else
plenty of weebs go there expecting it to be literally anime and are bitterly disappointed
doesn't stop us from enjoying the fantasy for what it is though
>>
>>35509874
I think I get most of these feeling from My Neighbor Totoro, besides the monsters and shit in that movie, do you think it would be anything like that?
>>
>>35509618
chinks are hateful animals. They are basically automatons. Do not envy the chink.
>>
>>35509618
According to some anon on here, he took a trip to japan just to enjoy the cover punk like cities and said it was a blast. Just depends what cool stuff you want to see honestly. Point is , Japan is probably like traveling to any other place, just look up what you want to go see and then do it.
>>
>>35509874
I am realistic and I still think Japan is one of the best countries in the world for weebs and to discover so much shit.

Plus it's so safe compared to other 1st world nations and public transportation is the most advanced in the worls due to large population density
>>
>>35509618
yes you're a faggot

and you don't know what rose-tinted glasses means either, look it up weebshit teenage loser
>>
it's what happens when you reject multiculturalism
>>
>>35510099
How long do you think a trip should be to get a pretty good experience?
>>
>tfw would absolutely move there if the work culture wasn't so awful
>>
>>35510113
Maybe you should explain the idiom to me if you know so much.
>>
File: 1487714293312.jpg (68KB, 702x672px) Image search: [Google]
1487714293312.jpg
68KB, 702x672px
I lived there for 3 years. Comfy af, rode my bike everywhere and took the train.

the only bad thing is I don't like asian women
>>
>>35509780
>implying "Can I get a gun with my cheeseburger" America isn't the comfiest thing ever
>>
>>35510236
Was it hard at all living there? Getting a job, learning language etc.?
>>
File: 1483217324744.jpg (84KB, 1024x683px) Image search: [Google]
1483217324744.jpg
84KB, 1024x683px
>>35510405
I was in the military so I can't give you a davidkun experience
>>
>>35510542
Darn, what branch?
>>
File: 1489187320425.jpg (75KB, 777x728px) Image search: [Google]
1489187320425.jpg
75KB, 777x728px
>>35509618
I've been living here for about 6 years, wey. And I can tell you that anime and artwork do put a kind of rose-tint on Japan, but it actually is a really comfy and clean place. City density is a lot smaller than in western countries, so the whole "stuffed together comfy" look is really prevalent.

That being said, living here for 6 years, I've seen the "urban decay" side of Japan that weebs and others are usually unaware of because it doesnt show up in media but believe me

The "urban decay, paranoia grimey" japan does exist.
>>
>>35509822
What makes early Spring so bad?
>>
File: asian_rural.jpg (160KB, 640x427px) Image search: [Google]
asian_rural.jpg
160KB, 640x427px
Everything about japan seems comfy especially rural suburbs
>>
I lived in Japan for 4 years and was born and raised in Hawaii and have family somewhere in Osaka and a cousin in Yamanashi. Both are islands and having beautiful scenery. I now live in San Diego and miss the wild life and the peace and quite. I've been told by my aunty that Japan really invested a lot of time and money around their public transport system and its a common way to travel.

Cars are a luxury thing in Japan, but a must have in America. If you look at our map of roads in america you'll just see a lot of jumbled and scrambled roads everywhere. I never looked at roads maps of Japan, but when I rode on the train and went from city to city I noticed that there was a pattern. It would be something like city, a lot of greenery, houses, greenery, city, house, etc. Japan seems to take their wild life and nature into consideration when building things.

Just to add, as a tinfoil hat /x/phile, the DMV shut down and boycotted the public transit system so they could get more people to drive cars. That's why when you look at our public roads it seems so fucked compared to other countries. It became a must for Americans to drive and own personal vehicle's.
>>
>>35510717
Elaborate on the urban decay. Also, are you an english teacher?
>>
>>35510717
How is it living there, and why'd you move there?
>>
>>35510152
It would be a great place other than that
>have to be pressured and bullied into working 60 hr weeks by your boss and coworkers otherwise you are deemed a lazy failure
>can't move up the ladder without putting in that much work
No wonder so many of their men are dropping out of the work force.
>>
File: 1488059488271.jpg (956KB, 1200x1502px) Image search: [Google]
1488059488271.jpg
956KB, 1200x1502px
>>35510872
>Elaborate on the urban decay.
You see, Japan has a very hardworking tourist program, and the country has a very good image to outsiders. People who come here visit Tokyo and go to places like akihabara and have a great comfy time, or they visit Osaka and come here to Umeda and Shinsaibashi.

But they will never visit places like Kamagasaki district here in Osaka, which is full of yakuza and vietnamese gangs, prostitutes, alcoholics, homeless people, trash everywhere and just generally seedy individuals. Ueno in Tokyo is also a seedy ass place. I've been homeless in Japan, so I've experienced the "dark-side" to this comfy nation.

>>35510903
>How is it living there, and why'd you move there?
Moved here when I was 16 because my mother sent me here against my will. I'm 23 now and it's pretty chill rn.
>>
Japan is comfy because it's clean and they don't have a ton of poor shitskins ruining everything.
>>
I've had a dream of bumming around the countryside in a ton of countries and Japan is one of them
I wish China wasn't so shit so I could do it there too
>>
>>35509618
it's basically washington but with tiny ugly asians everywhere.
>>
>>35509874
No, Japan really is a beautiful land
It's blessed by mountains and shit
It's just the fucking overpopulation and people that kill it.
>>
i've never been but i know some people who went there and they loved it. said tokyo is super high tech and clean and generally better than dirty, old us cities like sf
>>
>>35511004
>mother sent me here against my will
Can you elaborate on this too?
And I've heard of Kamagasaki, is it much different than the ghettos in Southern California, because there is some pretty shitty places around here.
>>
>>35511133
>ghettos in socal
Like Chula Vista, San Ysidro, Barrio Logan?
>>
they hate non-japs, so even if it was as nice as it appears, the people wouldn't treat you well
>>
>>35511169
nah. just ugly foreigners who are trying to escape their failure in their home country.

I've been there.
>>
>>35509618
It is comfy.

A big part of it is the Shinto religion/culture that is all about respecting nature and finding a balance between the human world and the natural world. Nearly all of their recorded art whether it's poetry or paintings is based on nature. In the biggest cities you'll always find much-respected parks and shrines.

Another part of it their cleanliness, which is also partially based on Buddhism & Shinto. When people find out about the craaaaaaazy custom of removing your god damn dirty shoes when you enter someone's home they think it is just so exotic when really it should just be common sense. There's also no litter almost anywhere (other than homeless camps), people don't spit gum or snot on the floor, they don't throw their cigarette butts into the rivers, etc.

Another big part of it is just the fact that they're really tight on land. Almost all of their landmass is mountains, so they come up with comfy/ingenious ways of designing everything from the common home to small fields of agriculture to the biggest cities.

Of course LIVING there and just looking at it or being on vacation is another thing. There's extreme amounts of pressure of both kids and adults to study study study and work work work, and as foreigner living there you'll often get the stink eye from someone or the "CAN YOU UNDERSTAND ME, I AM TALKING TO YOU LIKE A CHILD BECAUSE YOU ARE A FOREIGNER" treatment, if not #MakeJapanGreatAgain. But those are few and far between..
>>
For the record I've never watched anime, and I'm impartial about Asian women and culture. But Japan seems like a cool place to visit.

Too bad I have such severe anxiety it makes travelling and being somewhere new extremely unpleasant and downright impossible sometimes.
god I hate my life.
>>
File: 1489018190931.jpg (193KB, 632x617px) Image search: [Google]
1489018190931.jpg
193KB, 632x617px
>>35511133
>Can you elaborate on this too?
I'm from Laredo and I got into a lot of trouble and involved in some dumb gang shit as a kid, so my mom sent me to live with my aunt in Osaka. And because my mom was clinically insane and got confined a couple months later.

Also, Japan is really safe, but Kamagasaki is the closest to south side Laredo that I've gotten in Japan. Here's a little snippet.

>be 18, homeless in Osaka
>chilling in Kamagasaki
>evening, see ojisan sitting in alley, know him from talking to him in a park a lot
>ask him for a cigarette
>no response
>shake him
>he's fucking dead
>>
>>35511311
Basically the plot of fresh prince of bel aire
>>
>>35511346
Without the basketball and rich aunt, yes.
>>
>>35511346
Kek'd
Original oregano
>>
>>35511311
Just because you had bad experiences in seedy areas doesn't change the fact that the comfy parts of Japan are still extremely comfy in comparison to other nations.
>>
>>35511160
More like San Bernadino, Compton, and North Long Beach.
>>
Are there any slavs in Japan?
>>
File: 354wqt8lnpjx.jpg (259KB, 900x1200px) Image search: [Google]
354wqt8lnpjx.jpg
259KB, 900x1200px
>>35511916
Imagine being cornered by a tough squad of these all pushing and shoving you and asking if you have cigarettes
>>
>>35511953
life is suffering in blyat
>>
>>35510048
>japan
>chinks

American education, everyone.
>>
>>35512013
there's a pretty big chinese population in japan, friend.
>>
File: 1480393709332.png (59KB, 658x662px) Image search: [Google]
1480393709332.png
59KB, 658x662px
>>35511288
>Too bad I have such severe anxiety it makes travelling and being somewhere new extremely unpleasant and downright impossible sometimes

worst feel tbdesu
>>
>>35512024
>pretty big

compared to what?

Japan is almost entirely Japanese.

Get your racial slurs right at the very least.
>>
>>35512060
koreans, chinese people, even gooks and niggers live in japan too.
>>
>>35509618

there's something small and messy and relaxed about it, especially in miyazaki movies. it's a sense of a little clockwork world with simple, warm people in it.

it's worth remembering that you're watching japanese escapism, though, not a documentary.
>>
>>35509618
>Is it just a weaboo thing?
Given that your image is from an anime? Yeah.

>Someone please redpill me on Japan.
Massive suicide rates, issues with human trafficking, stagnant economy, rapidly aging population, outdated culture, 50% of Japs are sexually repressed, Japanese women are still Asian which means they're notoriously materialistic and vapid, autistic government, introverted, etc.

The good things about Japan are quickly being lost to over-population.

You can find plenty of natural beauty in China as well, it's just not as big a part of millennial entertainment as Japan is.
>>
>>35512104
I was thinking about china too, or Mongolia
>Autistic government
Kek'd
>>
>>35511311
Are there any spics, niggers, jews, slavs, pakis, mudslimes, britbongs, southeast asians, chinks?

You seem to have gotten around in Japan, so what's the racial demographic like?
>>
File: 3G8t04k.jpg (215KB, 682x1023px) Image search: [Google]
3G8t04k.jpg
215KB, 682x1023px
>>35509618
>comfy
>tsunamis and earthquakes
Pick one, kek
>>
>>35512104
>outdated culture
your updated culture is shit though
>>
>>35512152
>I was thinking about china too, or Mongolia
Asia is just a beautiful part of the planet in general. Those same picturesque shots of the Japanese countryside can also be found in Korea, China, Taiwan, etc.
>>
>>35512210
Everything is shit.

But having to knock off work at 7:00 PM and then go out for drinks with your boss because he told you to is fucking awful.

Once upon a time, the trade-off would be that Japanese companies guaranteed job security, and promotions were given out through seniority. This generated loyalty and a great work culture. Now you have to work like a dog and can get shit canned for it, while your boss still expects those same notions of dedication and corporate loyalty.
>>
>Am I literally blinded by anime, and only looking through rose tinted glasses?
sakura tinted
>>
File: 1489251163802.jpg (968KB, 3966x3054px) Image search: [Google]
1489251163802.jpg
968KB, 3966x3054px
>>35512170
I haven't really gotten around. In the 6 years, I've only seen osaka, tokyo, and kyoto. But from my knowledge..
>spics
aside from my aunt and I, the only other spic I ever met was some guy from mexico city at an izakaya. lots of people from brazil and surrounding areas though..
>niggers
once in a blue moon, i'll see a black guy in the city. the only ones i've ever spoken to are nigerians in roppongi
>jews
Never met anybody jewish or seen a synagogue here
>slavs
My weed connect here is a russian guy who also sells methamphetamine
>pakis/mudslimes
couple of arabs and arab restaurants here in osaka
>southeast asians
LOTS of filipinos. they like to gather in places like fields and beaches and worship god or dance. I'm serious.
>chinks
a couple. mostly koreans.

Aside from that, Japan is mostly nips. Like outside the cities you'd be hard pressed to find a gaijin
>>
>>35512261
theyre getting updated with the american model, i see
>>
>>35513493
Does this kind of thing happen in the US?
>>
>>35512349

wow, what a disappointment
>>
>>35512364
Is it easy to drink in Japan if you're under the legal drinking age, like 18?
>>
>>35513682
Isn't the legal drinking age 18? I think only the puritanist amerifats have such a high drinking age.
>>
>>35513726
It says it's 20
Thread posts: 70
Thread images: 12

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.