[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why aren't you guys playing the best elder scrolls game?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 6

Why aren't you guys playing the best elder scrolls game?
>>
>>35506153
who's that sexy faggot on the left?
>>
>>35506153
>"best"

>Player roll to hit: MISS!
>Old Lady pummels you for 200 damage
>Player roll to hit: MISS!
>Old Lady pummels you for 140 damage
>Player runs out of stamina and collapses
>Old Lady pummels you for 230 damage
>Sorry, you have died
>Reload your last save?
>>
File: 1487114304085.jpg (52KB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
1487114304085.jpg
52KB, 320x240px
>>35506153
The first ES game I played was Oblivion when I was 13. I just cannot get into Morrowind. Maybe it is the lack of audio dialog, maybe it is lack of the noob arrow telling me which way to go.
>>
>>35506153
>elder scrolls
I hate the combat mechanics, they're incredibly dull.
>>
>>35506153
There is literally nothing left for me to do, a lot of the quests have been done several times over
>>
>>35506247
>using a weapon you aren't proficient in
>>
File: foulmurder.jpg (169KB, 800x582px) Image search: [Google]
foulmurder.jpg
169KB, 800x582px
Vivec worst girl
>>
File: 20170227193417_1.jpg (314KB, 1280x960px) Image search: [Google]
20170227193417_1.jpg
314KB, 1280x960px
but I have been. been enjoying it quite a bit. definitely the best out of the series, the only one I haven't tried at all is ESO and from what I hear it's not a contender.

>>35506247
>fighting against an unarmed opponent with low stamina
>not fleeing from an opponent you cannot defeat
>using a weapon you don't have skills in in a dangerous fight
>not putting points into agility when building a melee character
you're the reason games are terrible these days. babbies need casual filters or they ragequit.
>>
File: lego man.jpg (2KB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
lego man.jpg
2KB, 200x200px
I started a new character the other day, trying to rekindle the magic.

>Decide to try out persuasion while talking to the Silt Strider lady in Seyda Neen
>Forget how it works, piss her off so much she refuses to talk to me
>Have to walk all the way to Balmora
>Fart around along the way, do some shopping in Pelagiad and deliver a letter for someone I meet on the road
>Finally in Balmora, head to my destination to start the main quest line
>Caius Cosades murders me for stealing his skooma pipe
>Turns out I forgot to save and the last autosave is from over an hour ago

That's when I stopped playing.
>>
I brought the last copy of the GOTY edition at an eb games a while back, it was $9. I really went out of my way to get it because the only place that had it was way out of town.
>>
File: images.jpg (8KB, 244x206px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
8KB, 244x206px
Morrowind is a complete meme though. If it wasn't for nostalgia glasses nobody would give a shit about it.
>>
>>35506916
I played it for the first time a month ago. I think it's much better than other games in the series.
>>
>>35506153
Thats not ESO :^)
>>
>>35506615
i completely agree. everything bethesda did after morrowind was hand-holding, childish bull shit.
to this day morrowind is still my favorite game. i get back into it about once a year.
>>
>>35506916
This.

99.9% of old games don't stand the test of time at all.
>>
>>35506689
Personality and Speechcraft are massively overpowered for actually completing quests. You barely need to fight anything.

I played a brute once and it was much much harder to complete quests. Had to kill a lot of "people".

(elves aren't people)
>>
>>35506549
>>35506615

I know how to roll characters in Morrowind, smartasses. The backend rules are just retarded and never work in the player's favor. Seemingly fragile NPCs on the other hand are master pugilists for no good reason.
>>
>create a min-maxed high elf wizard
>boy you're gonna be an archmage some day
>levitate out of reach and rain fireballs
>teleport around the map with impunity
>restore full status at temples whenever
>spells of invisibility and unlocking
>who said anything about using thief skills?
>10 rings on my fingers and they're all enchanted
>stealin' souls to power my magicks
>drunk on dank ass super potions everyday
>acquire literal god-slayer status ezpz

morrowind has the best magic system
THE BEST MAGIC IN ANY GAME
>>
asdasda just sayin that game SUXCS
>>
>>35507672
YOU SUCK at the GAME.

The GAME is great, YOU SUCK.
>>
>>35506153
I'm taking a break, I completed it a few weeks ago and I've been playing botw recently. Both games are max comfy.
>>
>>35507647
>the end of the game when you're wearing tricked out gear with constant effect enchantments
>don't even care about enemies attacking because you're actually fucking invincible
>levitate away and shoot a huge area of effect spell that kills them all with just one punch
>fly around morrowind genociding village after village of people just for your own amusement
>>
>>35506153
The combat has aged extremely horribly. It is without a doubt the best game though. Nothing else comes close.
>>
>>35508062
Remember those mountains in Skyrim that you'd have to take forever detouring around? Remember that mages guild in a castle on a spire with only a tiny crumbling bridge leading to it?

Sure would have been nice to be able to levitate, wouldn't it?
>>
>>35507113
I would say get out but I've put 300 hours in ESO and never played morrowind.
>>
>>35508239
I was under the impression that ESO bomb terribly and was total garbage.

Which was really disappointing because an online Elder Scrolls game was like, one of my all-time most wanted.
>>
>>35508276
Cash shops and micro transactions can resurrect even the shittiest of games and make them profitable.
>>
>>35508276
Its not as bad as before, its an somewhat of an elder scrolls now, I like the combat crafting is cool. But end game and story is meh. To play though to champion levels is 'fun'. Recommend having one or more friends to play with you.
>>
>>35508311
Also this.
>fucking storm and wild crown crates
> 40 dollars for a portable trader
> 20 dollars to change your name
>the crown store is run by a Jewish imperial
>>
>>35507197
Most of the games people say were good from the 90s and 00s are still good now, just rough to get into sometimes. It's like reading a novel from the 1700s, it takes time to ease into it.
>>
>>35506153
Cause I want to eat but am too lazy too get up, so playing any game is not an option for me.
Thread posts: 32
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.