[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Self Improvement Thread

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 123
Thread images: 15

File: IMG_0059.jpg (413KB, 1280x960px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0059.jpg
413KB, 1280x960px
Hey robots.

I'm getting drunk tonight because my orange juice hooch finally fermented. I don't have anything to do but ramble on the internet.

I'm a normie, but I have a lot of sympathy for what you guys are going through. Spent two years being home-schooled and a year waiting tables while my friends were going to high school and getting laid. I've been depressed, and I spent most of those years hating women and anyone who I thought would judge me.

My life is a lot better now, and I want to try to give back. I understand if you're not looking for advice and just come here to vent, but if you're interested, I'd be happy to try and help you guys with any big life problems.

What's not going great in your life robots? Are you happy? If not, do you want to change?

inb4 REE

pic related- old photo of me
>>
Post a recent pic of yourself faggot

origaino
>>
File: webcam-toy-photo2 (1).jpg (55KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
webcam-toy-photo2 (1).jpg
55KB, 800x600px
>>35504132
Alright
and wow the posting rules here are wack
>>
Eh beginning to think this is a bad idea. Dont want to be preachy
>>
>>35504255
you were cuter when you were a robot

you look like a fat dyke now
>>
>>35504255

IMHO you looked way, way, way, way better with longer hair.
>>
Yeah sure roast me if you feel like. I have pretty thick skin
>>
>>35504570
Yeah m8 i agree, You look pretty thick
>>
File: fatwojack.jpg (54KB, 627x767px) Image search: [Google]
fatwojack.jpg
54KB, 627x767px
>>35504570
you look thick everywhere, fattie
>>
>>35504570

Not roasting I'm just saying you cut your hair way too short. You're wasting your curls.

Again, just my opinion.
>>
>>35504255
>>35504527
>>35504553
agree 100%

origninanfknosad
>>
>>35504601
I hear that. Cut it short for a play a few months back and regretted it ever since
>>
as for everyone else, yall really arent gonna get a rise out of me. I'm fine with who I am
>>
Obligatory
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERRREEERREEEEEREEEEREEEEEEEE
>>
File: the-dynamics-of-curly-hair.jpg (45KB, 680x447px) Image search: [Google]
the-dynamics-of-curly-hair.jpg
45KB, 680x447px
>>35504255

This comic applies here.

Your face is good enough to have short hair if you want it but you need to actually get it cut on a regular basis to maintain it. Especially combined with the hipster glasses, the length makes you look like a Tumblr dyke.

You look better without glasses, consider contacts.

You have potential
>>
>>35504665
You're fat and uglier than me, how could you possibly help me?
>>
>>35504089
So how did you get out of that mindset and move forward? I've been trapped for 4+ years now.

P.S. either cut all your hair off or grow it all out. no medium length afro bullshit.
>>
>>35504716
Mm the glasses are a bit hipster. But like I said I'm not even really looking to improve. Ive got a girl friend so its not like Im trying to attract anyone.

Listen I really dont give a shit about my appearance. I want to listen to yall kvetch about the things youre unhappy about and maybe try to help
>>
>>35504816
How ugly is she on a scale of 1 to 10? be honest
>>
>>35504089
alright, I've got a situation OP

My ex girlfriend broke up with me for her high school sweetheart about three months ago. During the relationship I met her sister, who I've been speaking with really often in the last month. I'm very much infatuated with her sister, we've spoken every day for the past month despite her going through some intense chemotherapy (for aggressive thyroid cancer).

What do I do here? My ex's sister is objectively a terrible, terrible person to make a move on, but we have so much in common and I'm totally falling for her hard. Her cancer complicates things, really puts a time pressure on it all.

What do?
>>
>>35504807
yeah dude jewfros are a sad fact of life for me.

Anyway it wasn't any one thing that got me out of my rut- it was a bunch of habits slowly changing and my attitude changing with them. I, very slowly, stopped drinking so much, smoking pounds of weed, and cutting.

Exercise helped a lot. Started to run daily. I coughed and hacked up all the evil shit brewing inside me for years and eventually I started to feel confident again.

Then I put effort into academics, lobbied hard for internships, and made myself go to improv clubs, dnd groups, book clubs, etc.

It really took years... I can explain specifics if youre interested
>>
>>35504816

I am unhappy about the broken, regressive, and exploitative economic system that defends itself with lies and misconstructions.
>>
>>35504908
Oh shit man thats a tough one. Honestly from an outsiders perspective, I just dont see any way that could end well.

But I know how it feels to fall for a girl hard, so there might not be anything you can do.

Theres a relevant episode of Louie CK's Horace and Pete about a woman's affair with her husbands father. The conclusion was that you can't not follow your emotions, even if it hurts someone you care about, so just try to love them both as best you can until the fallout hits. I dont know if I agree, but it might be your only real option
>>
>>35504933
cant help ya there man. we're all just waiting for the glorious Marxist revolution
>>
File: dualitypepe.png (164KB, 588x570px) Image search: [Google]
dualitypepe.png
164KB, 588x570px
> a nice normie

What the fuck? You're breaking my delusion that ALL normies are evil. STOP RIGHT NOW REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE FUCK YOU NORMIE
>>
>>35504923
>Then I put effort into academics, lobbied hard for internships, and made myself go to improv clubs, dnd groups, book clubs, etc.
well fuk
I've been out of school for quite a while and plan on becoming a truck driver late this year.
i dun failed to socialize during my prime.
>>
>>35505087
haha sorry dawg.

real talk though- hating normies just eats you up inside. no matter how unfair it is, you arent going to change what other people consider normal and healthy.

carrying resentment is like lighting a fire in a room without a vent. it'll keep you warm and alive, sure, but the smoke will choke you eventually. Trust me, I know from experience
>>
>>35505015
I agree, prior to this situation developing my answer would have been to clearly never go after this. I think because I'm considering it despite how bad an idea I think it is, I have to try it
>>
>>35505127
I know that feels bad dude, and it definitely does get tougher to build a social circle outside of school.

But your "prime"? Fuck that! You dont hit your prime until your late thirties! My dad's got a really well paying job and is the happiest guy I know. He was a miserable alchoholic all throughout his 20s and 30s. Life is longer than you think!
>>
>>35505176
I understand that man. We only get one life- sometimes you have to say fuck the consequences and do something a little crazy but really poetic.

I shaved my head and spent a few months working at soup kitchens in the day and bumming off a couch of a friend in the ghettos of Roxbury- one of the best periods of my life

If you really love this girl, you might have to try, even if you know its gonna end in tragedy
>>
this is pretty cool OP
>>
>>35505251
Oh yes. It's already more difficult for normies to build social connections as adults, but when you're a shut-in basement dweller who lives a completely different life from the majority of other people that's when it really becomes impossible.
>>
>>35505433
thanks man! Youre pretty cool!
>>
>>35504527
fucking this times a thousand

>>35504255
how do u not get anything but repulsive stares from women?
>>
>>35505446
I pretty much totally agree. I think the key is to stop shutting yourself in.

If you're not ready to go out into the shitty outside world yet, I understand. It's so much easier to not risk it and spend another day in front of a glowing screen. If you choose that, I really don't blame you.

But what I will say is that, very slowly, getting out there starts to feel less like a painful chore, and you might find yourself getting bored by staying inside. Life is worth it, but its a painful fucking transition
>>
>>35505473
look I assume you're trolling, but I'll actually answer your question.

Women (in my experience and subculture) don't care nearly as much as guys do about physique. Being buff and handsome helps and all, but confidence and charisma is most of the battle. Despite my uber-Jewish face and flabby body, I get hit on pretty regularly.

You would probably get more attention from girls if you worked on that bitter personality a bit
>>
>>35505523
I used to be NEET but I work almost full time now. I don't really have any friends from work or anything. I'm just used to spending all of my time by myself not socializing or anything.
>>
>>35505606
i'm not even that bitter. but you honestly look worse than 90% of robots that have posted their pics on here.
>>
>>35505711
Well if thats what you prefer man I'm not going to tell you its wrong. Not everybody needs much social connection.
>>
>>35505752
Right, sure pal
>>
>>35505774
Nixon was the true NEET president, he wore a suit even when alone at home
>>
>>35505711
Anyway if you would rather be socializing, I highly recommend dnd. It only takes one night a week and its a great way to meet people. Most groups I've been in are really inclusive and have all types. Theres a site somewhere for matching new dnd groups that Ill find later
>>
>>35504089
Should I do nofap?

From what I research, it doesn't really gives superpower and shit like nofappers believe and preach.

But I have a problem, I think I'm a chronic onanist since I always fap daily. There's no day without me fapping at least once a day since I was 10 years old, which is17 years ago.

Should nofap help me in this case?
>>
>>35505087
not all of us are evil, pretty sure im a normie & I lurk here a lot. I just don't do what OP is doing because I feel like I can't relate and I don't wanna be "fake" and pretend I know how you feel.
>>
I'm doing terribly at my job. This has been a source of insane grief and stress for me this last year. I can't look my coworkers in the end because of my shame and they've noticed it, it's just that they think I'm an unfriendly asshole instead of the perma-scared idiot I actually am.
>>
>>35505953
Huh well I've never done nofap so I cant attest to whether or not it helps, but I dont see anything wrong with masturbating unless its lowering your sex drive with a woman.

I guess I would recommend nofap if you feel like youre masturbating when you could be doing something more productive or fulfilling, but I dont really see the difference between jacking it staring at a screen and shitposting staring at a screen
>>
>>35506003
Ah man I hear that. I was a shit waiter and everyone knew it. The anxiety is definitely the worst part

What helped me was looking myself in the mirror a couple times per shift when there was no one around and giving myself a pep talk.

I bet you'll do better and bond with your coworkers more if you started consciously making optimistic self-talk. If you no longer feel like youre constantly fucking up, it shows on your face, and (at least in my experience) others assume you must be doing better at your job.
>>
>>35505974
I dont know how the people here feel. I feel sympathy, but I can't feel empathy without a deeper understanding of the people here. Thats part of why I started this thread. I want to be able to empathize
>>
>>35506103
It's hard to motivate yourself with constant reminders of your fuck ups and constant new fuck ups.

I'm gonna end up in a fucking grave in a couple of years if this shit keeps happening.
>>
>>35506103
same normie as a few posts above, I can also confirm positive self-talk works. It sounds stupid but next time you feel like shit just try it for a few minutes, it's been scientifically proven to work.
>>
>>35506184
True! Its called cognitive reassignment, and it is a powerful healing strategy
>>
File: 1480970488008.png (249KB, 900x700px) Image search: [Google]
1480970488008.png
249KB, 900x700px
How do you get over someone you were never even in a relationship with
>>
>>35506174
:/ I'm sorry man. That sounds really tough. But I bet youre stronger than you think. No amount of judgmental looks can kill you- trust me! I'd be dead forty fucking times over if they could

It is really damn hard, but you can do it, even if it takes time and more pain than is fair.
>>
>>35504089
damn your cute lol
im a guy so you wouldnt care lol
>>
>>35506263
Oh yeah. I hear that. Spent years obsessing over facebook selfies of a girl in middleschool.

Try to remember that she's only human, and that she is probably not as perfect as she seems. So often Ive hyped up how amazing a girl is in my head, then once you get to know her you find out she's boring or has an annoying laugh or is really judgemental, or has any one of a million human flaws.

Also this is way easier said than done, but as my dear old da says: "the best way to get over someone is to get on someone"

Try tinder and dont be picky. I've slept with a whole lot of ugly overweight girls to build up my confidence. A vagina is a vagina, and I promise there are girls who feel just as lonely and desperate as you feel.
>>
>>35506278
I don't care about the people around me as much as I care about being competent.

I can deal with being a pariah just fine, I've been one all my life. I just want to be feel content in my own skills. If I don't even have that, there's no reason to keep living.
>>
>>35506333
Haha thanks man! I bet you are too
>>
>>35506386
you tell me~~
fuck you hiro you piece of shit.
>>
>>35506365
Every breath you take is reason enough to keep living. You're a human being- the baddest animal on the planet! Who gives a shit if youre good at the tasks your manager gives you? You can run any other animal on earth down to exhaustion, and perform trig through heuristics in your head to throw a rock at anything within 100ft. If you wandered into the middle of the forest right now, you would kick nature's ass! Try not to be so hard on yourself
>>
>>35506444
Yeah looking good man!
>>
>>35506365
start complementing yourself for everything you do right. and I mean everything. doesn't matter wtf it is or how stupid it sounds.

the first step is you gotta stop thinking so negative about yourself, because it causes a downward spiral that no one can escape.

once you start thinking positive, it causes the same spiral, just in the other direction. thoughts compound on each other, and it works both ways.
>>
Alright yall I'm going to go get dinner.

You all awesome in your own ways, and you all deserve to live.
>>
>>35504089
post benis you're cute as shit
im a femanon btw
>>
>>35506472
>>35506613

I'll try but this seems completely artificial while all my criticisms seem justified.
>>
>>35506444
looking comfy

>tfw no roboto bf
>>
>>35504089
>OP is going offline the minute I see this post
>tfw never gonna get the answer from a sympathetic looking normie on how to start exercising without giving up immediately
>>
>>35506516
Thanks.
I like to get to know you more, but your probably straight.
>>35506711
im single anon <3. Got steam/kik/whatever?
>>
>>35506697
there you go man half the battle is convincing yourself to even try, and you just did. this is what I mean, it may seem like a minor thing or you may not follow through, but you just made a commitment to at least try and better yourself instead of sitting around. good job man
>>
>>35504089
I want to change and I am going to change. I've got a plan. I will execute it if it kills me.
>>
>>35506731
im still here!
i find what helps is to do something to trick your brain. like if you are lifting weights, watch a video or listen to music while doing it. music helps during any kind of exercise. and you know that burning, when you have to stop? that's your body secreting acid because it's at it's limit. every time you get there, that limit is pushed a little bit higher and you get a little bit stronger.
>>
>>35506733
dubs confirm that you must post dick
>>
>>35506736
Your compliment was empty and completely casual and yet it made me take a step back mentally.

Thinking positively is scary and doing it means I'll no longer have a protective shell of emotional numbness. Not that it's helping anyway.
>>
>>35506033
It does lower my overall drive, not only sex drive towards women. It's also saps my productive time.

I know going cold turkey and nofap in my case could help, but the habit has been ingrained too much. I'll get a withdrawal when I don't fap.

Any tips?
>>
>>35506827
if you insist anon!
im more of a bottom so i prefer to be sucking you ;3. But im done for whatever.
>>
>>35506897
now im horny in my school library. t-thanks
>>
>>35506816
Thank you. Really.
I will get into it. And your advice will be in my head.
>>
>>35506897
Fellow circumcised too?

Do you ever regret getting it cut?
>>
File: 5223388.png (483KB, 489x405px) Image search: [Google]
5223388.png
483KB, 489x405px
Ok you fucking cunts I need some fucking help with shit in my life.

>26 and live with my parents
>addicted to coke and sell weed to pay for my habit
>Still pissed off about a relationship I fucked up 8 years ago and can't do anything with women now, even in the rare instances they show any interest.
>I want to fucking murder my parents if I have to spend more than 5 minutes with them.
>Work at a worthless wagecuck job as well but everything is so shit ranging from pay to actual conditions I need to quit but everytime I go to edit my resume, I have a nervous breakdown over how much of a useless piece of shit i am.

pic fucking related.
>>
>>35506940
anon post contact, please
post an image of your face/cock/show me you anon. Id' love to get to "know you better" <3
>>
>>35506893
im sorry it came off as empty, but im glad it had some effect. and hey, if the emotional numbness doesn't seem to be working, why not try the positive thinking? sure it may be scary, but if you give it a chance, the satisfaction of pulling something off because you believed in yourself may work better than just shutting everything out. like DrunkNormie was saying, I can't relate to the people here, but I'm trying to help at least instead of just lurking.
>>
>>35506969
happened when i was a little babby , so i had no choice
desu its no big deal either way. Cocks look good either way.
>>
>>35506985
shit man that sounds really rough, im sorry about that :/
it sounds like you need rehab honestly, i'm sorry I can't think of anything else to suggest. but once you get off the coke i can tell you you'll be much better off then you are now! you just need to find out the first step and then everything gets easier from there.
>>
>>35507001
I'll try. Appreciate you guys' attempt to cheer us up.
>>
>>35506945
you are welcome!
originalio
>>
i get depressed because it seems like no1 around me is on my level. I need some scholars and gentlemen around me who work hard and aren't dicks to inspire me.
also, I'm super bored all the time
>>
>>35507106
kys ego centrical faggot

you sound like a typical redditor
>>
>>35507106
also, thanks for the thread, op
>>
>>35505015
>Getting life advice from Louis Cuck King
>>
>>35507106
what is the subject of the level you need to find people on? science? math? tv show lore?
>>
>>35507121
i'm sure you're not OP because OP seemed nice>>35507138
just a level of passion
>>
>>35507144
not sure I follow. you cant seem to find people that actually care about the things you are passionate about? if im on track, what are those things?
>>
>>35507144
it really is inspiring to me when I see people do something and I can tell they enjoy doing it
I really like greentext threads about stories that aren't evil and/or advice threads disguised as story threads
>>
>>35507177
no, they don't have to be passionate about the same things-I just don't know anyone who's really passionate about anything in general
it would be nice to de-stress hearing about someone's life
>>
>>35507230
Get jaw plastic surgery

I'm serious and original
>>
>>35507186
>>35507230
high grade bait
>>
File: 1473440966883.jpg (7KB, 250x229px) Image search: [Google]
1473440966883.jpg
7KB, 250x229px
>>35507230
u look fine u big idiot
>>
>>35507230
you need to be my bf
>>
I've been trying to get more social lately since I have nofriends, but I'm in community college at the moment and its dry as fuck.Would clubs help despite the fact I don't really identify with any of their causes/subjects?
>>
>>35507230
post another showing jaw, your nose from side
>>
>>35507295
Yes. I suggest getting absolutely shitfaced and fucking the drunkest roastie you see.
>>
>>35507196
nothing comes to mind for things im truly passionate about, that i center my life around, unfortunately. retro computers are pretty damn cool though! as for my life, i'd also like to work in a library some day (currently in school still) as it seems like the most relaxing workplace possible. always quiet, simple tasks, and theres one very close to my house.
FUCK THE CAPTCHA HOLY SHIT
>>
i've really got a high stress life, you guys can make fun of me but i'm taking six classes
I almost dropped out completely but i'm determined to finish
I have class from 8 am to 10 pm Monday Wednesday
12 to 8 Tuesday Thursday
and I usually spend like 4 hours Friday doing optional classwork and at a class
>>
>>35507295
no moron
you will never fit with the normies and dont try it. It wont work you big retard
>>
File: 1489140619004.jpg (221KB, 1024x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1489140619004.jpg
221KB, 1024x1024px
>>35506263
THIS IS THE WORST FEEL IN THE WORLD.
THIS IS ALSO COMPLETELY UNORIGINAL.
>>
>>35507295
I had an interesting conversation at a bar once?
>>
>>35506998
>tfw the anon doesnt respond
there goes hope for a bf...
>>
maybe this will be of modest use to someone or maybe it'll be rubbish to all

25 years old playing catch-up atm, finishing an undergrad degree after failing a semester; reckoned i would blow my brains out sometime so i stopped even attending school. work full-time as well, and can only very rarely consider myself miserable even with a shit-paying job and really fucky hours

interestingly enough, attempting to go into counseling/therapy in some years after (god willing) i get outta grad school. what i would recommend involves visualization, anthropomorphization.

here's the gist that helped me; you must view whatever would be described as mental illness, or whatever negative cognitive/emotional/social traits you possess as an INTRUDER. Do not view it as some shit you've got to cope with your whole life, for God's own sake don't view it as something to identify with.

these unsavory mental aberrations must be visualized as an enemy, an intruder, an invader in the sovereign territory of your mind. use whatever imagery you'd like, generally i think and imagine my own myriad issues to be some lovecraftian horror or demonic variety of thing, to be excised from my own mind

currently at work (lol) so i am probably being horrifically vague; please comment while i've got the time if you'd like any clarification or follow-up
>>
>>35507309
>>35507346

Stupid anons he's talking about extracurricular clubs
>>
File: 1392267899452.png (19KB, 193x243px) Image search: [Google]
1392267899452.png
19KB, 193x243px
>>35507308
but goyim that'll expose my Jew nose!
>>
>>35507321
why are you taking so many classes? it sounds like you are incredibly overworked. good on you for keeping at it though, i cant say for certain i'd do the same with that big of a mountain to climb.

>>35507295
find a club with a subject you actually like, you'll never get anywhere if you try to be someone your not. if you cant, you could always create one right? (im not familiar with how community college works, sorry)

>>35507331
this is a self improvement thread, you aren't helping.
>>
>>35507321
same shit
i cant even decide if this kind of stress and occupation is good or not because it distracts me from being a depressive sad fuck but at the same time it increases it sometimes, but on vacations i feel way more depressed when im stuck in my room 24/7 doing nothing, while doing colllege keeps me stressed and completely isolated because in 3 years i havent made a single friend, i usually endure those 12 hours in college without talking to a single human being
>>
>>35507383
Yeah, my bad, I should have phrased that better.
>>
>>35507412
who cares post it faggit, i need to cum asap
>>
>>35507419
i'm really quiet usually
it's this coursework tho that for my dream it's all or nothing
>>
>>35507446
i'm just so worried that i'll become an architect and i'll feel just like I do now
>>
>>35507419
do you have enough money to go on a few day vacation to a big city? that's what I do on vacation
it's not much better but it's a little
I usually go to a bunch of museums
>>
>>35507470
>architect
>hard

are you gay or femanon?
i havent met any architect that isnt gay or a roastie
>>
File: 7aixo3c78kky.jpg (829KB, 3024x3024px) Image search: [Google]
7aixo3c78kky.jpg
829KB, 3024x3024px
other normie signing off, sorry people i've got some homework to finish. hopefully I helped some people, and even more hopefully someone else will keep replying after I've left.
this fucking captcha holy shit please go die IM SELECTING THE STREET SIGN SQUARES
>>
>>35507497
i'm not doing the typical architectural curriculum
i'm simultaneously in trade school and doing prerequisites for architectural engineering
>>
>>35507520
ncarb is releasing a new thing for non-architectural students so u can become an architect anyways this spring
>>
>>35507551
i'm working on getting you out of this thread, you attention whore
>>
>>35507573

please kill me
orgino
>>
>>35507551
you're still a QT3.14 despite your enormous nose and acne

would fugg
Thread posts: 123
Thread images: 15

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.