[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Wageslave general

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 297
Thread images: 65

File: 1489048512450.png (38KB, 147x222px) Image search: [Google]
1489048512450.png
38KB, 147x222px
Making one because i haven't seen one in a while

Retail/Fastfood slime get in here and let out that steam to had to hold in when that customer shouted at you today.

You are now in a safe place.

Fuck it, all wageslaves welcome here today, bring your feels.

Neets stay away
>>
>>35501414
Job is at 6, it's 4:16 right now. I am scarred, they moved me from stocking the products late at night, to cashier, because how "likable and talkative" I am where i only talk to one person. I can't even look people in the eyes if i do not know them. I am scarred, please help
>>
I'm looking to be a part time wagie for university bennies.

What kind of menial work is aspie safe?
>>
About to start a second job at timmy hortons. I work second shift so thank god i dont have to talk to many people. My first job is being an electrician, so im getting ready to work and sleep only life for a good 4 months
>>
Missed work with flu. That's $100 out of my bank account.
>>
>>35501481
if at a general store, stock is the best. You are usually in the back, your breaks are longer since most places do not let you stock until the ile is clear, and you can avoid customers by saing you are stocking products
>>
File: 1487953802594.jpg (195KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
1487953802594.jpg
195KB, 600x600px
I had to leave at 4am this morning to avoid traffic so I didn't have to sit in it for 3 hours if I late any later. Life just gets more meaningless as the days go.oj. why am I working? I'll never get married or start a family, I've been homeless before and yeah it sucked but at least all my time was mine. What do.i do brothers? I can't take the wagecuck Life much longer, plus I have tits now since I don't work out anymore.
>>
>>35501501
Why the fuck do u need to work at tim hortons if you're an electrician? If you need a little extra cash just do uber.
>>
>>35501519
Quit and follow your passion. Material things are meaningless and all fade away. Your nice car will fade away. Your phone will break, your house will start to fall apart. The more you own the more time you have to spend maintaining those items.
>>
>>35501545

>Uber
>Dislikes Interaction with people
how retarded can you be?
>>
>>35501616
I did uber, you don't have to say shit to anybody just how's it going. A lot of people don't want to talk.
>>
File: 1472162629072.jpg (88KB, 750x450px) Image search: [Google]
1472162629072.jpg
88KB, 750x450px
I work at McDonald's and I guy came in today who was high. He kept asking for a pack of cigarettes.

Kept getting angrier and angrier because I wouldn't, well couldn't, give him the cigarettes.

Seriously got about 20x angrier over a space of about 3 minutes.

I seriously just wanted to cracking his scull off the floor over and over. What the fuck do you do? The guy was convinced he was in the right shop and I was just discriminating against him (old black guy)

The security guard was on break, perfect fucking timing of course, as it was quiet.

He eventually left when the security guard came back, as he eventully heard him from the break room when he got even louder
>>
Trying to get a job as a pizza delivery driver, it seems pretty chill desu. Been working as a Teacher Aide (wrangle the slight tards into working basically), it's a trash job because the teachers and school staff have given up on discipline and the kids run roughshod over them. The worst part is the co-workers though, mostly union loving, lefty, middle-aged women who are self righteous as fuck. Pay is good and its not a bad job work wise but I can't stand the environment at all.
>>
>>35501449
You're going to be fine Anon. I used to think that too until they made me try it.
>>
I just started wageslaving at dairy queen
What do you guys do to combat the leg pain?
im in kitchen running around for 6-8 hours a day and its getting to be a pain
>>
Any1 here work at target doing logistics? I have an interview for a 4am-11am shift doing this.
>>
>>35502143
You'll get used to it. you will become a stronger robot. a weapon to surpass metal gear
>>
>>35502093
Thanks for the kind words stranger
>>
How the fuck do you guys not work any decent jobs? I woeked for min wage in highschool. Since then I've never worked for below 15 bucks an hour.
>>
>>35502696
I make $15/hr working retail. I actually kinda like it, it's chill, but I want more money. Every year shit gets more expensive.
>>
>>35501449
Given 3 late night to morning shifts I didn't even ask for or have in my availability hours.
>>
File: autist.jpg (40KB, 300x470px) Image search: [Google]
autist.jpg
40KB, 300x470px
>work in a shop selling lots of healthy food
>whole wheat pasta, Goji berries etc
>food is fucking expensive, people who shop here spend hundreds of dollars a time
>I am obese, literlly as heavy as I can be whilst still able to move around the store
>ALWAYS have customers making comments
>last week I was in the sweet baking section
>storing a section of Manuka Honey
>fucking expensive as fuck like 30 dollars per jar for some reason, apparently is some meme honey from New Zealand
>some young and cool couple walk past
>the man is a chad
>he comments
>'its a Manuklear Bomb, not little boy, fat man'
>he and his girl laugh
>I pretend not to hear
>tfw can't afford any of the food but it looks really good
>sometimes steal manuka honey and take it home and eat the whole jar
>steal flaxseed and chia seeds to eat
>tfw I wish I could be an alpha rich chad
>>
>>35503136
Good Pepe though anon, i have stolen and stored.

Hope things gets better for you anon
>>
>>35503136
>eats whole jar of honey
Not trying to be mean, but is there a part of your brain that knows that that is not ok?
>>
i don't want to wagie anymore
>>
I dropped out of college a month ago and now I'm working at a bar. It's actually pretty comfy job but I get min. wage which does not help with my student debt.
>>
>>35504582
cucked dlnt let itgo
>>
>>35503136
Just lose weight? And stop fucking eating jars of honey. How the fuck do you do that? Do you have the beetus? I get sick just having a sip of my wife's honey tea. Honey is nasty.
>>
File: 1479891029345.jpg (44KB, 540x540px) Image search: [Google]
1479891029345.jpg
44KB, 540x540px
>work at supermarket
>closing shift
>last cashier left
>customer comes in
>middle aged nigger with a huge backpack on
>wanders the store for about twenty minutes
>he was stealing shit 100%
>told the manager but neither of us gave enough of a shit because only 10 minutes until we can go home
>finally checks out
>buys one jar of peanut butter
>takes him five minutes to buy one thing
>food stamps
>of course
>after the transaction is over he says he wants cash back
>tell him he can't get cash back after buying something, needs to do it during
>asks if there is something small he can buy so he can get cash back
>tell him there is 50 cent candy right there
>takes another minute to pick out which one he wants, feels like an eternity
>I ring up his Rolo candy
>he swipes his EBT card
>tries the debit option but his card was declined
>obviously
>tell him he cant get cash back if there is no money on the card
>asks me if he can check his balance
>comply
>show him he has $0.00 on EBT cash, only money in food stamps
>asks if he can get a refund on his peanut butter
>tell him I'd have to refund it back to his food stamps, can't give him cash
>he doesn't understand me or pretends not to
>asks me if he can get a refund back on his food stamps, but he wants more than what he paid for
>at this point manager loses it, asks him to leave and guides him towards the exit
>one minute later he comes back in
>manager kicks him out again threatens to call the cops if he comes back

I wasn't able to capture how slow he was in this greentext but he would talk so quiet, slow as fuck, using slang I'm pretty sure he made up. I had to ask him multiple times what he was saying before I understood. Wasn't even that annoying of an experience for me because he was the only customer in the store. This is where my tax dollars go though and that makes me sad
>>
How do I find a wageslave job? I need one for the coming few months. Long story short, I'm a college student with no social life or connections, and I feel like I'm going to fail this trimester. I have governmental aid but not during summer, and I'm probably not going to study in Fall.

How did you do it, robots? How do you find wageslave jobs?
>>
File: 1486924638904.gif (1MB, 195x229px) Image search: [Google]
1486924638904.gif
1MB, 195x229px
>>35501516
Haha, you're a defective wageslave. Everyone who has stocked knows that you never turn down a customer. When they have a question or concern, you help.
>>
>>35502696
What kind of work are you doing now?
>>
>>35505649
are you the jew that goes on tinychat? off redpills
>>
>>35505720
These jobs are wagie jobs, but pay good and I do them currently:
Five Guys - $9 hour plus tips(5-10 extra a shift), plus weekly bonuses ($50) for good secret shop score.
AArrow Sign Spinning: They will hire anyone. Comfy job. $10 an hour.
>>
i'm now just about the oldest and longest lasting pleb at my work. cool bro manager had his last day yesterday. alright chick managers leaving soon

now they're hiring weird, unmarried middle aged men to fill the vacancies

maybe i could use this to my advantage and court some of the high school qt's since i look good in comparison.. but... i'm a retard...
>>
>>35502696
I had a complete breakdown after uni and spent 5 years as a NEET. Zero references, black hole in my resume. So I basically had to start from scratch with a big box salesfloor position. It was hell at first, not as bad as being a cashier but my anxiety was horrible and my confidence was at an all-time low. I stuck it out and got a lot better, both mentally and physically (another perk of not being a register monkey). Started at $10/hr, 6 months later got a new position in the same store for $10.50, and I should get a yearly pay bump of another 15-30 cents in April. It's decent money for a cyborg who lives with family and doesn't have bills to pay.
>>
>>35502071
>mostly union
>Pay is good and its not a bad job work wise
Gosh I wonder if there is any relationship between these observations
>>
File: THE_RIDE_NEVER_ENDS.jpg (231KB, 863x752px) Image search: [Google]
THE_RIDE_NEVER_ENDS.jpg
231KB, 863x752px
>be me
>work retail, $7.50/hr
>been there for 3 years
>review three times for a raise, dickhead boss denies due to my "lack of initiative" and anti-social behavior
>no other job prospects
>tfw
>>
>That one employee on the same level as you that tries to boss you around

Nigga, I dick around with the fucking manager, you ain't shit.
>>
File: 1486773411294.jpg (68KB, 239x276px) Image search: [Google]
1486773411294.jpg
68KB, 239x276px
I'm on a weeklong break right now. It's the only vacation I get all year, even on Christmas we usually just take the morning off.

I'm stressing about it being over already and it's only Monday. I have 7 days left and all I can think about is when I have to go back. How do I stop it? I just want to enjoy my break.
>>
>>35501414
wagelsaves how do i get a job?

here's the thing i struggle with many things (getting a job, keeping a job, gambling addiction) but now im motivated because my grandma said she would match me on a laptop so basically if i put up $500 she'll put up $500. i think she is just desperately trying to get me motivated to get a job and i want a decent laptop and intnernet connection so i can start gaming to get over my gambling addiction.

so how the fuck do i get a job by next week. only honest replies please.
>>
>>35506359
>arrow sign spinning

Not OP, but that would kill me. Hundreds of people looking at my ugly face a day while I stand outside in the Texas heat. I'd die.
>>
>>35507099
1. be yourself
2. know someone who knows the boss
>>
File: 1404943436356.jpg (52KB, 377x380px) Image search: [Google]
1404943436356.jpg
52KB, 377x380px
>>35505649
>black
of course
try working a closing shift at a non-chain convenience store past 10PM
i'm pretty sure I'm going to die before I'm 30 over a candy bar some nignog wanted to fight me over
>>
>>35501414
I work at an ice cream store. You would think it would be pretty simple, but nope.
>get anxious when a customer walks in
>"h-hi how are you"
>they don't respond
>wait for them to make their order
>as they start ordering lose focus from anxiety
>have to ask them to repeat
>still manage to fuck up by adding the wrong toppings or something similar
>shake as I'm holding my hand out with their ice cream
>if they have a coupon I'll take five minutes to figure out how to enter it on the cash register

Just end my life sempai
>>
I'M SICK OF ARABS WHO CAN'T SPEAK ENGLISH YET GO TO A LOCAL UNIVERSITY!

How the fuck can you go to a university and not be able to read a fucking menu? Just the same shit over and over, retards spouting ingredients in their fucked up half flem accents, of wich they can barely pronounce.
>>
File: 1486419287001.jpg (23KB, 600x484px) Image search: [Google]
1486419287001.jpg
23KB, 600x484px
>worked seasonally at Costco
>laid off
>called me back after 2 month break
>ignore them because I'm butthurt they would just lay me off and wait 2 months to call while I have no other income just because it's more convenient for payroll

They've called me 3 days in a row. Fuck you slavedrivers.
>>
>>35502143
Try and get some shoes/socks to help keep you comfy throughout the day if you haven't already. You'll get used to it, man.
>>
>work 2 - 10pm shift tomorrow which I hate
>oh but you have to come in tomorrow at 8am for a 3 hour meeting
>>
>>35502696
Decent jobs don't pay by the hour
>roofer
I make $1200 on a service call that takes me about an hour
>>
>>35507245

roofers get paid like $10/hr here its all mexicans and white meth users
>>
how do I get job with no references
>>
>>35507286
I work at Target and they didn't ask me for any references.
>>
File: 1480302397837.jpg (260KB, 2555x1373px) Image search: [Google]
1480302397837.jpg
260KB, 2555x1373px
>>35501414
How many if any of you live on your own?
How well have you done for yourselves? Is it a struggle?

>23
>living with parents and going to community college
>the lack of money in my life is hurting more than usual
>used to work at a department store (was only paid like $8.00 part time)
>family decided to move a year ago
>decide to move with them
>been a year and still haven't found a job
>applying for job after job
>I'm desperate enough to even apply for food service shit

I just want to get out of this fucking house.
>>
>>35507271
Employees don't make shit I work for myself
Sweet robot job desu have to talk to customers a little bit but I'm drunk or high usually so I can fake a smile and a handshake
>>
>>35501970
if you work at god damn mcdonalds and you need a guard you are working at the wrong god damn mcdonalds
>>
if you are under 31 and not a fat fuck you can always join the military anons.

really though. It isnt even that bad and I was infantry and went to war twice. you guys can get easier jobs and just collect good boy points.
>>
File: image.jpg (37KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
37KB, 640x360px
>work retail
>we stock stuff at the counter so when people check out, they might buy a extra add-on
>black family comes up to my counter, look like they just got off the boat a couple months ago, attire and all
>come up with a book, on decides he wants chocolate at counter
>father grabs chocolate, but kid says he doesn't want book
>line void book, kid now doesn't want chocolate
>father asks, kid does want chocolate
>this routine goes on for about five minutes
>have to ring for help because they're holding up the line
>see where this goes
>after 20 line voids of the same chocolate bar, they decide they don't want anything and leave with nothing, not even the book the came there for

it was painful to watch, but it was far from the worst/cringiest thing that's happened to me working cashier in the last week
>>
File: 1404492580509.jpg (37KB, 680x684px) Image search: [Google]
1404492580509.jpg
37KB, 680x684px
>>35507335
Depends on what you want out of it. I work part time and live alone, but I spend very little and want very little.

>28
>$18/hr at about 20 hours/week
>small apartment, no frills other than nice internet
>no debt, about $25k saved up from various things, mostly when I was younger

It's not a terrible life, but it's not one most people want, either
>>
>>35507587
Sounds Comfy.

Though I have a major video game habit that ate into my income from all the years I worked at my old job. Plus if I left I'd take the family cat with me.

Where do you work to get that kind of pay/low hours?
>>
>>35507099
>write a decent CV thats not aimed at a particular job, just shows your skills and why you're a hireable guy
>buy a nice collared shirt and tie, some slacks and a nice pair of formal shoes
>comb your hair and brush your fucking teeth
>ask your grandma to read over your CV while you're dressed ready to go out job hunting, she'll also fix your appearance
>go out in your car or on a bus or whatever to the local mall and start submitting your CV to ENTRY level jobs.
>remember to smile and have a firm handshake. don't tell people you have gambling addictions and just are looking for more money
>get job and don't sperg out
GL
>>
>>35502179
Logistics at Target is very very different than doing target logistics. TIL
>>
>>35507587
not him but that is the life I'd like if I'm ever able to leave home, I have almost 10k saved up, and work 20 hours a week, I barely buy anything either
>>
>>35501616
you're not forced to talk to your passengers
most of them don't wanna talk anyways
>>
why don't you fags just do meth? it makes work so much more bearable and it increases your productivity
>>
File: pepe maga trump.jpg (123KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
pepe maga trump.jpg
123KB, 1000x1000px
Should hopefully be getting my shit muslim supervisor fired soon
>>
File: katy perry firework.png (77KB, 200x263px) Image search: [Google]
katy perry firework.png
77KB, 200x263px
>>35501414
>updated my CV after three years of NEETdom
>going down to the meme center tomorrow to see how they can help
>literally can't afford to be NEET for more than a month at most

and it begins, yet again
>>
>>35508129
Because meth costs money.

I could buy meth or a Nintendo Switch that I dont need, and continue paying for FFXIV which I barely play.
>>
>customer fucks up their order
>I repeat their order back to them and ask if it's correct
>they say yes
>give them all their shit
>"what about X?"
>"you didn't order X."
>they throw a shitfit and demand a refund/manager/blahblahblah

fucking dipshits mane
>>
File: 1488153578822.jpg (20KB, 400x300px) Image search: [Google]
1488153578822.jpg
20KB, 400x300px
Fucking pajeets keep cutting my hours. They employ their children who cant speak proper english so they fuck up simple orders as a result. The managers are asking me very simple questions about a place that THEY are supposed to run. Of course since theyre indian they dont eat meat and cant identify differences between different kinds of meat we serve and have to ask me while im in the middle of taking another customer's order. All the good employees are quiting but im too beta and broke for now. Payday cant come soon enough.
>>
>>35508178
meth is dirt cheap now
>>
>>35508198
>Working for pajeets
>>
File: 99518263.jpg (262KB, 1000x648px) Image search: [Google]
99518263.jpg
262KB, 1000x648px
>>35507670
I've worked at the same place since I was 16. That's a large part of it. 12 years at any job will get you a decent paycheck, as long as it isn't straight retail work with no possibility of managerial promotion/raises.

You have to keep in mind that you'd need to get used to probably a lower standard of living in exchange for living on your own. Your food will be cheap and plain. I eat a lot of rice, noodles, broccoli, sometimes chicken. I don't go out to eat often. I don't buy new games ever, all media is either shanghai'd or is on sale.

Even a pet is going to add a lot to it, if it has any medical issues. Food itself is cheap, I had a cat too. If something goes wrong, or it's an old cat that needs medical care, it's going to increase very quickly.

>>35508114
It's possible to do, but can be largely dependent on rent in your area. If you're taking home $1000 a month and the cheapest rent is $750, you're going to have a hard time no matter how cheaply you live.

The only choice past that point is getting a roommate or multiple roommates, but at that point, you might as well live at home rent free.
>>
>>35508210
dirt cheap still costs more than nothing
>>
>>35508261
but you will be able to work far more when you are on meth
>>
File: pp.png (51KB, 657x527px) Image search: [Google]
pp.png
51KB, 657x527px
>>35507099
>i can start gaming to get over my gambling addiction.

I don't think that's how th

hhmmm

Anyways, you just gotta look for a job both online and offline.

Some places will only accept online applications and only listen their job offerings online. On the other hand, some places will just put up a sign on the inside of their store window and never bother to put up an ad online. Some places will put a job offering online, but sometimes by the time you read it, or by the time it's even uploaded, they've already found someone.

This is for like, really basic wageslave stuff, obviously.
>>
>>35508129
I take concerta.

Why do you take a highly addictive drug just so you can slave easier inorder to buy said drug? Oh yea because youre a degenerate.
>>
>>35508235
Yeah rent in my area is expensive, I do have a friend who really wants to move out with me but I dont see "moving out with a friend" as a real progression in life, its basically the same as still living at home really
>>
>>35502179
I work at Target, but not in flow. My store has a pilot grocery program where the flow, instocks, and backroom workcenters were rolled into one for grocery only, and that's what I do. Flow unloads the truck for us but we push the merchandise to the shelves while they push the rest of the store. It's pretty great, minimal interaction with customers, plenty of exercise.
>>
>>35508274
I mean until it catches up with your health and then costs you more than you got out of it
>>
>>35508289
meth is no more addicting than concerta. stop falling for breaking bad memes
>>
>customer service
>always have an anxiety attack as i roll into work
>basically spend 40 hours a week being yelled at by angry idiots
>old lady signs up for a service and fills in the wrong adress, then gets mad at me when I say that she's responsible for giving us the correct info and infers that i called her stupid
>not allowed to take breaks outside of lunch
>phone rings constantly so casual smalltalk with someone you sit next to is fucking out of the question
I would literally trade this for endless "oh my item didn't register so i guess it's for free haha" jokes all day. Customer service kills the human's inquisitive nature and replacing every person at those shitty call centers with robots would fucking save the world.
>>
I want a better job but I don't know how to do anything and have no clue.
>>
>>35507105
I put my music in and get many compliments. They will not have you working till you get good with the tricks. They look hard, but are really easy as hell.
>>
>>35508341
Whatever gets you through the day. Some people are less genetically predesposed to meth addiction but you dont see people robbing killing and dying in labs to get their hands on concerta. Faggot.
>>
File: 1486182037663.png (227KB, 635x661px) Image search: [Google]
1486182037663.png
227KB, 635x661px
>>35508392
i have an addiction and i want to die
>>
>female coworker starts bitching to me about our boss
>In the back of the store later and overhear my boss bitching to another coworker about the girl I was working with
What is this middle school tier gossip bullshit? Just do your job a try to get along with each other, goddamn.
>>
>constantly mistook for a female because long blond hair and short
>stocking feta cheese
>guy comes up behind me
>"so are you the feta lady?" he says in a creepy low voice

It was really funny even if being mistook for a woman bothers me to no end
>>
File: beanerpepe.jpg (18KB, 229x220px) Image search: [Google]
beanerpepe.jpg
18KB, 229x220px
>work at public swimming pool for minimum wage
>close-ish to the border, so we get a lot of beaners
>about 11:30 AM
>massive group of cholos show up
>tfw i'm the only one who speaks spanish
>tfw i have to actually communicate with these "people"
>spend half an hour explaining to them in broken spanish that the pool doesn't open for general admission until noon
>by the time that discussion's done, it's 12:00
>they all pay the 4.00 per person admission fee in quarters
>endme.swf
>after spending 10 minutes sorting out their entry, they finally go in and swim
>spend the early afternoon sitting behind the register, generally doing nothing since it's a slow day
>one of the shitskins approaches me after their group spends two hours swimming
>"we wanna refund, mang"
>ohhellno.gif
>"por que?"
>"the pool, it eez not cold enough"
>explain to him that I'm not allowed give refunds, and besides, if they didn't like the pool, why the fuck did they stay for two hours
>beaner tries to escalate, and eventually starts screaming at me in his shitty spanglish dialect
>tell him politely that i'll call the cops if he doesn't take his friends and fuck off
>"and la migra while i'm at it," i think to myself
>this does it, and they finally leave after making a huge scene

Mexicans, man.
Not even once.
>>
>>35508474
>not giving him the feta boipucci

Sad!
>>
>>35508538
Really they're just integrating into American culture. Demanding to speak to the manager and trying to get shit for free is as American as a mayonnaise sandwich.
>>
>>35508474
be my cheeseslut gf (male)
>>
>>35508538
idk man, people of every race act like that. In my experience it's generally poor people who are the worst and race has little to do with it.
>>
File: IMG_8908.jpg (1MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_8908.jpg
1MB, 3264x2448px
I know half of you will hate me for this (gtfo normie reeee etc) but you guys are family and I wanted to share.

I'm sad and excited, lots of conflicting feelings.

>27
>just got married
>work retail bank location
>sales goal every quarter
>been at location for almost 4 years
>same desk, almost same team, these people are family
>make 17.5/h so around 36k a year, next increase would be in several months and I would be lucky if i get anything over 18/h
>this would be nice because atm I can only afford to buy a 200k home, which I totally would but I'd like more financial cushion
>work is chill, given more responsibility for no extra pay, basically a little cold calling and door to door sales whenever the branch is slow, do it for fun and as an excuse to meet new employees from other branches
>perform well

>brand new position opens, never had it before, completely new made up position
>it's exactly what I do now as extra work, but full time
>apply
>panel interviewed by 4 of my current boss' bosses
>boos keeps me in the loop
>12 internal candidates (many of which were above my current grade), 7 external candidates, only 2 slots open

>wait 1 week, no answer, position still open

>wait 2 weeks, no answer, position still open

>go on lunch on Friday
>see missed call from unknown number
>Call back, it's HR
>They are offering me the job
>"You'd go from 36k to 47k year salary, do you accept?"
>will now be mobile, won't have own desk anymore
>get laptop, cellphone, gas credit card
>start april 10th

>go back to work
>tell boss
>she cries
>I cry
>we hug
>tell coworkers, which had been kept in the dark about this
>All of them I see as family, we've been to each others' birthday parties, weddings, taco nights, etc
>shock

Oh man, the goodbye happy hour is going to be a doozy
>>
>>35501414

Who 9-5 here?
>>
>>35508955
That's awesome, good for you friend!
>>
>>35505746
You know how annoying it is when some soccer mom thinks she knows what the storage room looks like, and asks if I know where another spatula to go with her 18 others will be in the back?

The dude knows whats up
>>
>>35508955
I hope a homeless guy with AIDS forces you to drink his cum at knife-point.
>>
>>35508538
>"and la migra while i'm at it," i think to myself

Holy fucking kek
>>
>tfw own stock
>tfw want you wagies to get back to work so I can make more money
>>
>>35508955
This is about the most normie shit but
I feel you mane, I worked for 4 months and got close to my coworkers but I'm quitting and my 2 weeks is up this week

It's sad but $$$

Godspeed
>>
>>35508955
I don't like to brag, but I'm making $60k/year, and I'm fresh out of college. Take that you cuck
>>
>>35502071
Getting robbed and killed by niggers for $20 is "chill" to you?
>>
i'm a bartender, do i count? i just wanted to say that the kitchen staff at our restaurant are all black and are lazy as fuck. 25 minutes for a damn cheeseburger and fries
>>
File: 1473046429395.jpg (140KB, 1279x960px) Image search: [Google]
1473046429395.jpg
140KB, 1279x960px
>>35508955
I bear an unhealthy attachment to many of my colleagues because I am a friendless loser and they are my only source of socialization aside from my boyfriend. Objectively I know that we are NOT friends, I don't hang out with them or talk to them outside work and I have no social media so I don't even know if it's considered gauche to add people you work with on Normiebook or whatever. But I get sad when I don't work with certain people for a week or two, and I would probably legit cry (hopefully in private but knowing me it would be a coin flip) if certain people left.

I'm not sure what to do about this feel. There are two people I think I could potentially bridge the gap into actual casual friendship with, but we work in different departments so I rarely get a chance at sustained social interaction with either of them.
>>
Not fast food or retail but I really enjoy my shit job. I work as a hospital wardsman, basically do most of the grunt work in the hospital: carting around people on beds, cleaning, grabbing supplies and getting bossed around by nurses.

Whats great is the social aspect and game like tasks. I get to talk to a fair few hot chicks, and strangely enough all the radiologists are all sluts yet the cleaners are prudes. Pretty good job though despite the shit $20 AUD hr pay.
>>
Hey guy!

I wanted to ask some gasstation slaves what's it like?

I just started at one and will be running the place for the graveyard shift.
>>
>>35509040
thanks man! I'm excited to see who I'll be working with, more than likely I'll be working with my existing team but also 4 others at the same time, so I'm trying to see this as my work family growing.

>>35509444
Thanks, you too.

>>35509504
Indeed, wife was the most excited to hear about the pay bump.

>>35509538
I'm happy for you man! I only have a HS degree so I didn't even think I was gonna get this position, I probably would have been offered more money if I had a degree but oh well, I feel very fortunate right now.
>>
>>35507537
Whats the worst thing that has happened to you?
>>
File: 1488739385803.gif (645KB, 500x580px) Image search: [Google]
1488739385803.gif
645KB, 500x580px
>>35508191
I work at tacobell and aboug 90% of the customers are niggers. I feel you senpai
>>
>>35501616
More than likely you'll get killed doing it anyways so no biggie.
>>
>>35509769
What's it like?
You're either standing behind a cash register or pumping gas all day
If ur jobs shit ur gonna be cleaning the bathroom and windows too
>>
>Work retail
>Closing with a girl who's not quite a manager, but she has store keys and some manager responsibilities
>get our shit done early and we're leaving
>She goes to lock the door while we're outside
>Lock is frozen
>We have to rush back inside to disable the alarm, call head manager and another manager while we figure out what to do
>Takes like 30 minutes before the lock magically works and we can leave.
>>
>>35509940
Do you understand the concept of something being MORE THAN likely?
>>
>>35501414
>work fast food
>all the male cooks are meth heads
>have terribly sad lives
>front girls think I'm a sympathetic Bitch because I feel bad for them
>I feel bad for them because the only difference between my life and theirs is I don't smoke meth
>too depressed to study and get my ged
>too depressed to eat
>working with them makes me even more depressed because I can totally picture myself in their shoes
>don't want to quit because my boss is really nice and is really helpful
I hate myself
>>
File: 1485983936218.jpg (85KB, 689x693px) Image search: [Google]
1485983936218.jpg
85KB, 689x693px
Just got hired at a virtual reality center at the mall. Pretty chill getting paid to click on the computer and watch kids play VR games for 5-6 hours. Today I got to the mall early and tested out a bunch of the games for like 30 minutes, it's a pretty sweet gig.

Maybe I can finally get a gf by working in the mall
>>
>>35501970
>The security guard
What the fuck? Where the fuck do you work that your McDonald's has a security guard. Is this bait?
>>
im 38 yrs old

ive progressively made less and less with each job ive gotten. im literally going backwards in life.
in 2001 i was making $19/hr. then got fired. then got a job for 17/hr. got fired. gave up and became neet. went back to work, found job for 15/hr. got fired. found retail job for 13/hr. got fired. now work fast food for 12/hr. about to get fired. i cant go any lower.
>>
>25 years old
>making $230k / year
>never going to afford a house in this shithole area
i hate california
>>
>>35510142
Keep going anon soon you'll be making min wage. And that's when the big bucks start rolling in.
>>
>>35507335
>that pic
I swear benerd would fit right in with us here.
>>
>>35510007
Your boss is nice to you because she knows you work hard and dont want you to quit

Imo you cant trust managers and bosses bc, youre the only reason keeping them from the hard task of finding other people who will wagecuck

Aka: you are a good catch
>>
>>35510049
>>35507438
Most of the mcdonalds in midtown manhattan have security guards so people dont loiter or bring non mcdonalds food in
>>
>>35503136
I know the feeling
I'm also a fat fuck and you know what I never want to lose the weight
Being so fat sure rustles the normies a lot, so what. I get to live my life however I want and if you have to deal with my oddor and disgusting sweat so be it and if you don't fit in the seat next to mine on the bus well sorry I paid my ticket just like you, I don't sit next to someone if there isn't enough space for me and you don't sit next to me if there is no other enough space for you
And it you don't want to let me in the elevator don't fucking get in when I'm there first cunt
>>
>>35510142
what are you getting fired for?
>>
>>35508955

>salary

You gonna get fucked nigger.
>>
>>35510430
its a he and he is genuinely nice. the methhead we just fired is good example
>had to pay child supp for 2 kids
>was off meth for 1 year
>boss gave him 50 dollars in ECT(food) credit every month
>boss gave him extra hours he didnt work on his paycheck so he wasnt completely broke
>he was lazy as shit and even boss knows it
>he started meth up again and started calling in
>called in so much my boss finally had to fire him
my boss used to be so much more nicer and helpful but had to stop after people started abusing his trust
>>
>>35510819

I almost guarantee it's attendance.
>>
>>35510029
That sounds pretty comfy. And as a perk, I'm hoping you have a decent food court for days you don't take a lunch with you!
>>
>>35511129
Yep they're also very lenient about breaks because it's usually just one person running the kiosk for each shift. Since we were so slow I went to the food court and got some lunch and just chilled and talked with my coworker
>>
File: 1475385097735.png (130KB, 728x545px) Image search: [Google]
1475385097735.png
130KB, 728x545px
>work at chipotle
>got sick at work last week
>they sent me home
>go back on saturday, a few days later
>apparently i wasn't out long enough and the manager literally kicks me out

i told them i felt fine and would work both times but the manager literally kicked me out

I got paid for 3 of the last 5-6 days that i haven't worked

i have an interview for a payroll auditor position tomorrow morning and my driving test tomorrow afternoon

so basically depending on how tomorrow goes, i'm moving on and never working fucking fast food again or crawling back to chipotle to beg to clean dishes for literally half of what i'd make at the new job
>>
Works for small store in my street, they aren't calling me back since 3 months. Kill me, I actually liked that job....
>>
>>35501414
just quit my wageslave grind, my hentai game in flash started pulling 2.5k on patreon
>>
File: bugs hell.jpg (64KB, 500x680px) Image search: [Google]
bugs hell.jpg
64KB, 500x680px
>>35501414

>Work shitty catering job
>minimum wage increase
>bosses treat it like more pay = more work even though we're only getting a raise because their forced to by the law
>less workers because increase per party means we do 33% more work for 15% more pay
>Matradees steals the "staff tip" on the bills from themselves
>despite wait staff being the hardest job on the roster that seldom gets tips we make the least amount of money

Catering is trash tier
>>
File: science_pepe.png (132KB, 396x385px) Image search: [Google]
science_pepe.png
132KB, 396x385px
>tfw landed a "real" job (white collar office position)
>tfw treated like a valued employee instead of a disposable sack of meat
>tfw my degree finally paid off
>tfw freed from the chains of fast food and retail wage cucking
>tfw went to get lunch at a place I used to work and bragged about my new job to my dickhead, power hungry former manager who is a fast food lifer (I now make roughly 3x what he makes)
>>
service industry cucks don't understand the bleak inhumane boredom of cubicle life

>do nothing all day
>literally nothing
>have to be in for 8 hours anyway even though they're paying me to do quite literally nothing
>dirty cubicle farm with no natural light
>classified data so extremely restricted network
it's like a social experiment in just how meaningless and featureless you can make someone's life
>>
>>35508198
Demand a raise or you leave. They need you obviously
>>
>>35503136
>wants to be a chad
>eats an entire jar of honey
>>
File: night-fill.jpg (123KB, 640x427px) Image search: [Google]
night-fill.jpg
123KB, 640x427px
who comfy nightfill here?
>>
>>35507286
Usually any dead end retail job with high turn over doesn't care if you have no references
>>
>>35508129
because meth costs money and some places drug test their workers you idiot
>>
>>35511987
>freed from the chains of fast food and retail wage cucking
I'm on the same path anon.Currently 21 working at cuckmart while doing computer engineering. Can't wait to make it
>>
>anon you get paid every Monday
>The following Monday
>Oh right you get paid on the next monday
>OK
>Next monday
>Hey is my paycheck here
>Oh anon I guess you get paid next monday

What the fuck
I thought this job was legit.
>>
>>35508955
Not gonna lie, I wish noting but misfortune on you.
Its not fair people get good things come so easy to them while I bust my ass and still can't get anywhere in life
>>
File: pepefoot.png (2MB, 900x900px) Image search: [Google]
pepefoot.png
2MB, 900x900px
>>35512473

Godspeed. It feels really good to not want to kill myself after work anymore. Feels even better to have a consistent schedule every week, enough money to live comfortably and coworkers who aren't teens or junkies. Feels best working at home sometimes so I can just fuck around and play video games for most of my shift while still getting everything done.
>>
>>35508129
>and it increases your productivity
lol. every meth head i have ever worked with always calls in sick every other day. they work for like a day or two and then call in last minute when they come down to the boss so they can sleep all day and force one of us to take their shift
>>
>>35501414
My managers are fucking retarded and my coworkers and I all suffer every day because of them. We never have enough time to get things done, and shit is always out of stock.
>>
>be in a hurry at a grocery store
>desperately looking for green peppers
>see a short mexican with a shit ton of produce
>i figure he's unloading it
>ask him where I can find the green peppers
>pauses then looks around and shrugs
>can tell by his accent he's straight from mexico

woops
>>
>>35510049
I see people get kicked out of McD's on the reg. Somebody got shot in one near me recently, too. People come because they're trashed, for drug deals, begging, to sleep, or drink cans of beer from the liquor store. That's a city at night.
>>
>>35512557
what type of office work do you do specifically? I want to work in IT or some comfy office job after this degree..im a cashier currently and it makes my fucking blood boil. I am waiting until the uni starts hiring students for IT support next season..
>>
>>35507195
>giving up money out of pride
you are a fool anon.
>>
Unarmed Security Guard
Ask me anything and dispel your misconceptions about it being a cozy robot job.
>>
>>35511987
I know this feel

>work as an admin clerk in the public service
>be level 2 under level 5 supervisor
>supervisor is the cunt to end all cunts
>finish uni, do grad work for the government
>exit the grad program as a level 5
>i'm making the same money at 24 as the cunt is at 50-something
>tell old, gossipy coworkers knowing they'll spread that information around

Suck a dick admin supervisor
>>
>>35512664

I work for an insurance company. I don't do IT or sales.

>>35512809

Good to see other anons are making it.
>>
>>35510049
In DC there's security guards at mcdonalds and trader joes, they usually have guns too
>>
File: have_it_your_way_niggers.jpg (475KB, 2203x2937px) Image search: [Google]
have_it_your_way_niggers.jpg
475KB, 2203x2937px
>>35510049

Niggers, not even once
original
>>
File: 1488651437479.jpg (51KB, 353x438px) Image search: [Google]
1488651437479.jpg
51KB, 353x438px
Alright, here's some steam to blow off from yesterday.

>Weekends are busy where I work
>Super fucking busy
>for whatever reason, whoever made the schedule yesterday only put down four cashiers for the day
>we did alright though, as far as cashiers go
>arrive to work at 5:30pm
>my job is to push carts and help customers load merchandise into their cars/trucks
>look into cartlot
>there are 0 carts in there
>no one bothered to ever go out for carts (we were a little short-staffed for cashiers but we did have a lot of coverage for other departments)
>feel myself die
>from 5:25pm-9pm I push all the carts I can, all of them by myself
>get blisters on my foot
>can't get them all in time
>have to stay for sweet, sweet, overtime pay
>want to die even more
>today and tomorrow were supposed to be my days off
>work calls me
>"hey Anon wanna come in today?"

Spent all day today limping, at least carts weren't as bad.
A curse upon whoever fucked up the scheduling though.
>>
The girl I have a crush on at work has bad BO and at night when we're closing the store she takes off her overshirt to work in a tank top and she smells even worse then, and it kind of makes me cringe at myself for liking her. It's like a really musky smell.
>>
File: chicago style pizza.jpg (240KB, 1632x1224px) Image search: [Google]
chicago style pizza.jpg
240KB, 1632x1224px
>>35513218
It blows my fucking mind that these places get robbed so much but it's still profitable enough to just install better security than my fucking bank has
Seriously my bank doesnt even have a security guard
Or any real divider of any kind
I could just waltz in the back and start collecting cash from those little counting machine things
>>
>>35507080
Truly Americans are the most cucked wagies. I get five weeks paid leave per year. Going to go on a three week scuba driving trip for mine and spend the last two weeks being comfy at home.
>>
I work on a boat making an ass load with 120 day off per year. Shits good af
>>
File: 1488826288333.jpg (44KB, 960x598px) Image search: [Google]
1488826288333.jpg
44KB, 960x598px
>Work in Rouses in Louisiana
>Not from here, I hate the south so god damn much help me escape
>One day I'm filling up the watermelon display, shittiest job you can get in produce because you have to bend over, get dirty, and get wet
>Take a breather, and right as I do I notice an overweight girl with hair dyed red and two mixed kids in her cart coming right at me
>Fuck
>"HEHEHEHE you don't look busy, would you mind putting a watermelon in my cart?"
>Fat bitch just couldn't be asked to bend over, she knew it and I knew it
>Fine
>"Oh and uh... Are those seedless? Because I only eat seedless."
>Yeah look at that tag dumb bitch they're seedless
>Fast forward about two hours later
>"ANON TO THE FRONT DESK PLEASE, ANON TO THE FRONT DESK"
>What
>Go up to see the beached whale from earlier looking pissed off
>"He told me it was seedless, it has seeds!"
>Took manager to where I got the melon, it was seedless
>Manager didn't want to put up with her or her screaming kids, just writes her up for a free seedless melon
>Give her another melon right where we got the first one
>Carry the fucking thing to her shitty beat-up van because she couldn't be fucked to do it
>There sits the melon from earlier
>"Ma'am how do you know that melon has seeds? You didn't even cut it open."
>"It says it has seeds! Look!"
>Read tag: Seedless
Tell her to wait a minute and let me get my manager
>"You're holding me up the babysitter is waiting!"
>She leaves
>Tell manager she didn't even cut the melon open and she lied to get a free one
>Manager sighs and says "At least she's gone."
>Later on hear manager talking to the assistant manager about a "dumb mudshark" that was bitching about watermelon
>Manager was pretty reserved and PC dude, was surprised to hear him talk like that
Thank god I only have three more weeks.
>>
>>35502071

Are you me?

I work in a secondary school, and the kids there are cancerous. I hate my job.
>>
Taco bell food champion here. these 3 black bitches came in the lobby right at close and ordered like 80$ worth of food. I broke every single taco in a fit of autistic rage
>>
>>35514124
Wow man how would you feel if some sperg did that to you? Hating others for being black and annoying when you are double the nigger they are
>>
>>35514124
If you don't want to do your job, don't do your job.

quit crying whiny baby
>>
File: 1484154642261.png (291KB, 750x366px) Image search: [Google]
1484154642261.png
291KB, 750x366px
>>35513290

>"hey Anon wanna come in today?"

Holy fuck I hate this shit. I work weekends too and I have two weekdays off, and they're always calling me in. I work in a hospital though sterilizing surgical instruments and I have good work ethic so I hate not doing it because if we can't get shit done, patients end up getting instruments that aren't properly sterilized.

>going to surgical tech shool
>tfw director of surgery noticed all my work and volunteering to come in on my day's off and gave me a letter of recommendation
>few other nurses vouched for me too

My hard work paid off atleast. One of the nurses is bugging me about going back to college to become a physician's assistant, which is basically almost a doctor, but I want to get through tech school first and take things one at a time.
>>
>>35514124
$80?
Did they buy the whole fucking restaurant or something?
>>
File: thanks.jpg (13KB, 226x225px) Image search: [Google]
thanks.jpg
13KB, 226x225px
>work in pizza delivery
>deliver to some bitch
>im about 10 minutes late because we're getting slammed and pizzas are coming out a little late
>she's on the phone with my manager when I get to her house
>She seems pissed as fuck
>asks me how my day is going in an extremely condescending tone
>tell her its fine
>she asks me if its busy
>tell her yes
>leave her house
>get back to the store
>manager tells me she complained that I was stoned as fuck when I got to her door
>we both laugh hard as fuck and talk about how much of a bitch she was

Jesus christ I hate a majority of the human race
>>
File: 1480905730561.jpg (204KB, 900x973px) Image search: [Google]
1480905730561.jpg
204KB, 900x973px
>work 6 days a week
>currently working 11 days in a row
>help out the closers if i'm already there past close
>everyone still makes fun of me and probably thinks im weird as fuck for staying and helping out
>>
>>35514401
Get the fuck out, normie piece of shit
and fuck this gay ass "muted because your comment was not original" shit
>>
File: 1488603643867.jpg (29KB, 438x438px) Image search: [Google]
1488603643867.jpg
29KB, 438x438px
>>35514546

Lad you have no idea who I am or where I came from. Though I will admit, working where I am has dramatically improved how I handle stress and interact with people. I just do my job and don't really talk to many people, I'm anxious because when I start school, I'll have to deal with a lot more people including patients. I'm hoping I can finish breaking out of my shell.
>>
File: mfw 2.jpg (24KB, 600x429px) Image search: [Google]
mfw 2.jpg
24KB, 600x429px
>Go to work
>gather carts for that day's truck
>customer asks me where the toilet drain hoses are
>customer also says he looked down the aisle they were supposed to be in
>stare at him blankly and then said, "Have you looked harder, I think it's down there"
>customer: uh, o-okay I'll go check
>come back and says he found the hose
>mfw it worked

I don't have many customer interaction stories, I mostly work in the back, in receiving unloading trucks, minimal contact with customers. Best part is, I put in my earbuds and forget the world and just work.
I do, on occasion get the glances of a cute girl who wanders down into receiving.
>>
>>35514401
Damn man at least you're doing something you wanna.
>>
>tfw cursed with good work ethic and low self worth

even if I bust my ass all day I still think im going to get fired tomorrow
>>
>>35509877
you feel for him just because your customers are black? the guy didnt even mention race in his post
>>
File: image.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
>>35512413
Comfy graveyard nightfill here,
Got until 6AM pst till i leave and im halfway done already
>>
>verge of a promotion
>being overworked due to shit out of my control that bosses wouldnt be aware of
>also on a diet so energy drained
>also having trouble sleeping due to other issues
>making quite a few mistakes

rip my hopes and dreams to climb the rat race
>>
>>35507335
I live with two roommates that I've known since elementary
Moved out two years ago and now I'm gonna drop a down payment on a small house since it's cheaper overall and I can make a home gym
>>
File: 1459558246670.jpg (42KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
1459558246670.jpg
42KB, 500x375px
>that glorious feel when you work a job where you don't have to take care of your appearance, have zero interaction with normie coworkers or management, and get to secretly fuck Chad's and Stacey's vacations
best advice I can give to fellow bots is to get your driver's license
>>
>>35501414
the worst part of working is that I know every pound I earn is supporting a life I don't even enjoy
>>
>>35509980
You might be able to warm the lock up with a lighter next time that happens.
Check with a manager first for policy
>>
>>35507099
just ask to see the boss, look him in the hand while giving him a firm eyeshake
>>
>Watching my dream career be destroyed because I'm somehow unable to do the most simplest task (rostering) even though I'm beyond good in every other task thrown at me
>Know that when my manager calls me in for the final talk that I have to accept it because I've had so many chances but still seem to fuck it up
Looks like suicide is back on the menu
>>
File: 1442659636310.jpg (48KB, 403x404px) Image search: [Google]
1442659636310.jpg
48KB, 403x404px
>>35506359
>>35507105
>arrow sign spinning
What kind of job is this even
You can't seriously mean someone's job is to stand on the corner of a street babysitting a promotional ad, pleading with people to visit some shitty store/restaurant
what's worse is that you believe a robot from here of all places could do this
>>
>tfw only two more weeks of employment
Looking forward to 2-3 months of actually having some free-time.
Will be able to work on my sleep deficit too.
>>
>>35503136
I'm from New Zealand, its pretty hilarious to me that you cunts sell that shit for $30USD. Its just honey.
>>
>>35515555
nice get senpai good advice too
>>
>>35507195
Why didn't you answered them and demanded a higher wage for your experience? They're clearly desperate and may give in, or leave you the fuck alone .
>>
>>35508473
good luck advancing once you're known as "that guy" and outsted as the non team player for not getting involved in pleb tier normie drama
>>
reminder that you can end your slavery
>>
>>35501414
I wish I was a wageslave so I could get my life on track.
>>
Do you guys ever get people who obviously come in because they have no other interaction with other people in their lives? Like old people and spastics of various kinds? People where it it just obvious they are starved of human contact, so they go to the store to talk to someone.
>>
>>35516196

Tell me about it friend. Just getting work at a supermarket is tough as balls here. Hundreds and hundreds of applicants for any open positions, so managers are picky as fuck.
>>
>>35516243
As someone who is starved for female attention I can see how this happens.
>>
>>35502071
I work for deliveroo, basically deliver food from nice restaurants, TGI fridays and that shit and take it to their house, works entirely off your phone so you don't have any boss telling you what to do, I've gone whole shifts without saying a single word and the pay is incredible, take the deliverpill
>>
I work in an office full of middle aged girls who think they're in highschool and iam dying on the inside more and more everyday lads.

Wish I could comfortably live on centerlink.
>>
>>35516262
What I'm more worried about is having a roof over my head. SoCal is bullshit tier expensive to live at and I need to be able to save money to try and make sure I get by long enough to get a government job that will pay me more for the degree I have.
>>
>>35501414
I work IT in a warehouse. Only did like 3 things yesterday. Move outlook to a users taskbar, send a pc through UPS back for repair, and plug in a scanner. 13.50 an hour.
>>
File: Stoner.jpg (29KB, 312x499px) Image search: [Google]
Stoner.jpg
29KB, 312x499px
>Started as a waiter in fine dining when I was 18.
>Never finished college.
>Worked hard and learned my trade.
>Now I'm 25 years old, a certified sommelier and butler.
>Work at a luxury hotel voted my countries best two years in a row.
>Feel like I'm going places and will soon become either restaurant manager or hotel director.
>Even get payed trips to France, Germany, and Italy to drink wine.
>Next Saturday I'm going to Copenhagen for a week to learn about cocktails.

Meanwhile:
>Friends are either finished with their BA/MA or about to.
>They can't get the jobs they want.
>Built debts while I made money.
>Have no work experience.
>But somehow they still think I made a bad decision when I didn't go to academia.

I know I'm a shit friend, but when I hear how hard it is for them to get a job within their meme fields of study I laugh on the inside. Fuck them for telling me all these years that I was wasting my potential or would be "left behind".
>>
>>35516803
Don't feel bad for them, then. They were living the university scam where most degrees are worthless these days because experience is now more valued.
>>
>>35507195
>worked seasonally
>mad he got laid off
Are you retarded?
>>
>>35515592
Talking is optional to few people who walk by you on street. You promote for business by performing tricks for people who drive by in cars mostly. I worked weekend shift in other city and they paid for hotel and meals. AArrow works for realtors and many major companies. Google is your friend.
>>
>>35512218
dude read the stories ITT. these threads always make me feel better about my soulless corporate job. literally is far better than anything customer oriented and you get a bunch of paid time off.
>>
File: image.jpg (25KB, 590x300px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
25KB, 590x300px
I've been working at ausfag McDonalds for almost 2 years now (due to parents kicking me out if i were to quit and i have no other family here) and i still hate having to deal with my normie coworkers.
How do you guys handle normies in the workplace who you have to be in communication with up to 8hrs at a time?
>>
File: 1446856289425.jpg (45KB, 728x728px) Image search: [Google]
1446856289425.jpg
45KB, 728x728px
Just came from a nightshift.

Night time wagecucking is truly the best.
>>
>>35517799
I humor them and pretend I am just as stupid as they are.
>>
File: BixNood_400x400[1].jpg (32KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
BixNood_400x400[1].jpg
32KB, 400x400px
>work in a dispatch center with a 45yo fat black lady
>she's worked here for 4+ years and still can't do basic stuff
>constantly have to do her job for her
>security guards all have complained about her being awful
>gets called into boss's office once or twice a month
>never really gets any better after, just more bitter
>call in that I'm going to be 5 min late to relieve night shift due to bad weather/needed gas
>the one time I'm late she's late too so night shift is pissed
>she comes in a fucking hour late
>had to get the little niglett on the school bus

I have got to go back to night shift. Way comfier. Robots... don't go to day shift. I got suckered into it. My boss said I'd get a 6k raise if I did it, turns out it was only 3k... I make just as much as this bixnood.

Also the middle aged women are annoying to deal with in the office during the day. Constant pointless small talk.. I have to ask everyone HOW ARE YOU every fucking room I walk into...
>>
>>35513218
>no refills on any drinks

WOW that's racist!
>>
>>35512748

From what I've heard, you have to put up with a ton of bullshit.

>work cash register
>store is in a really big shopping center
>this one guard sometimes pops by
>really cool guy, loves to just talk to me about nonsense and his day
>apparently they get harassed by super-feminists and wannabe anarchists who come in just to start shit with them
>one guard almost got into serious trouble when some girl gave him her number, got told he wasn't interested, and she then accused him of raping her on that occasion
>luckily they were standing near a security camera, so he got away from that
>conversation is basically one-sided but he's cool so that's cool
>I've spoken to this guy on and off for a year now and we don't even know each others' names
>>
>all these stories of people screaming at cashiers and demanding to speak to manager

Is this an American thing then? I'm British working convenience/petrol station and the worst I ever get is moody people who don't say please or thank you.
>>
>>35518547
Canadian, happens alot
>>
>>35518547
>Is this an American thing then?

yes, baby boomers think they can better prices if they shout at people
>>
>>35518184
>loves to just talk to me about nonsense and his day

If you see this as a good thing, you are 100% normalfag.
>>
>>35501414
>minimum wage
>expect maximum effort
>>
>>35509717
Don't worry friend, it's possible to keep in touch with people. If you don't have Facebook just ask for their numbers.
>Hey tom how's it going, Hey listen I'm planning this taco/movie/karaoke/bowling/whatever night thing with some people from work and I was wondering if you'd like to come. You do? Awesome, we are still coordinating a date, but let me have your number and I'll keep you in the loop. Cool got it, just send you a text with my name so you can save my number as well, see you later man!
>>
>>35507116
Number 2 is key, life is not fair, Mommy lied its all connections
>>
File: 1488341365558.jpg (57KB, 900x900px) Image search: [Google]
1488341365558.jpg
57KB, 900x900px
>>35501414
>tfw McDicks job for 9 months now
>work twice as much as everyone because im usually at the grill
>nobody never gave a fuck about me
>I start to rant daily about the fact that no one gives a fuck about the grill and how the grill worker is underrated by the managers
>the managers started to pay attention to the grill
>weeks later they gave me the february employee of the month reward
>got some more money and a employee of the month pin for my hat

feelsgoodman.jpg
>>
>>35513670
>not being aroused by the BO of your crush

anon, are you sure you belong here?
>>
>>35507007
oh no oreggg
>>
File: HRmQ9FT.jpg (89KB, 644x781px) Image search: [Google]
HRmQ9FT.jpg
89KB, 644x781px
>the ""blizzard"" wasn't bad enough to get out of work

fucking fell for the "20 inches" meme
>>
File: 0845 - Af1ieW8.jpg (47KB, 500x484px) Image search: [Google]
0845 - Af1ieW8.jpg
47KB, 500x484px
>Work at pet store
>birds are annoying as fuck
>local kids come in and fart on birds
>I laugh to myself
>fucking birds
>kids start telling their hot mom I farted
>get nervous
>uh uh some times they make weird noises
>then why does it smell like rotten eggs anon
>get more nervous and let out a uncontrolled fart
>kids laugh and call me a looser
>>
>>35515539
We weren't sure it was frozen at the time, I just am assuming that after the fact. It makes sense but I don't actually know.
>>
>work at movie theater
>no one comes to movies during the week
>Literally get paid to sit around in a dark theater and browse 4chan

Living the life bros
>>
File: 1432388084332.png (435KB, 680x762px) Image search: [Google]
1432388084332.png
435KB, 680x762px
>>35508955
I don't really understand why you post here
>friends that will be so upset they'll cry when you're gone
>relationship with your boss to where you're wiling to engage in physical intimate contact
>the obvious had a gf, got married to gf
>real $47k job without even a college degree
>beat out tons of other people with probably more qualifications than you

It's the most normie post possible. I can't even summon up the will to be angry, I just don't understand why you're here or why you view people that have literally none of the things you have as family, or why you think they'd view you the same way in return.
>>
>>35510240
what the fuck are you on about? Any bank would love to give you a loan!

Id imagine youre in silicon valley, stop being retarded.
>>
File: wdafdasdf.jpg (161KB, 1415x796px) Image search: [Google]
wdafdasdf.jpg
161KB, 1415x796px
>>35512413
thats me

>mid 30s
>no GED
>no interests or career goals/dreams
>working overnight at walmart for over a decade
>make $14/hr
>last raise was a meager $0.25 was added to my hourly wage
>can't ever leave because no other job will match my hourly wage

It's still the best job I will ever have since I'm dumber than a box of rocks. I hope next life I can have a cool job as an engineer of sorts.
>>
>>35508955
genuinely happy for you anon
>>
>>35519313
>tfw first day learning grill I burned my hand so they never put me on grill ever again
>tfw was really fast at drive through so they made me do that every shift

Glad I'm out tbqh
>>
>tfw make $1.75 less than the shift managers
Damn is there even any point of advancing in this if the difference is that miniscule
>>
>>35520733
At 40 hours/week over the course of a year, that's $3,360 more, before taxes. Not bad. Plus it helps out your resume and you might be able to leverage that into a better position elsewhere.
>>
>>35508474
Cut your hair then?
>>
>>35520733
For money?
No.

I used to think there was a good chance to make more money at a call center I worked for because basically everybody from the floor gets promoted to better positions if they're not fucking idiots, but it turns out you get at most an extra $1.50/hr
Which is why I quit and got a helpdesk job for $5/hr more instead
>>
>>35507511
This. If you are a high functioning anon and not an autist edgelord who thinks he's smarter than he really is and do well on the aptitude test, you won't go to war and get the $30+/hr positions.
>>
File: good riddance.jpg (99KB, 1035x700px) Image search: [Google]
good riddance.jpg
99KB, 1035x700px
I work with customer service over the phone, order registration at a white goods compan, after market and reclamation dept. where technicians come in and dick around quite often while I play 2nd/3rd line support depending on the case.

>Never see customer face to face.
>Job consists of whoring out my soft and friendly phone voice and cheerful fake wagecuck persona + representing the company in social media.
>Lie through my teeth in product liability cases (when shit 'splode or burn or flood).
>Give shit away most of the day erryday.

I talk to a lot of idiots but it's okay, I can make them go away by spending my employer's money while making ~18USD or 17EUR/h.
>>
File: IMG_1141.jpg (83KB, 750x366px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1141.jpg
83KB, 750x366px
>>35507375
Can relate, I work for a plumbing company, but all of my comunications I keep it in text, because the last time I had to talk to the boss in person, it went really bad:
>be at a meeting for all workers
>owner of the company is in here
>EVERY ONE including the secretaries
>anxiety rising by the second
>oh shit, boss and the owner come over to the corner where I am
> "Oh this is annon, we don't see him much, but he does excellent work and one of out best guys in the field"
>I start staring at the ground because I can't take this
>"thanks annon for your great work, keep it up"
> he pulls his hand to shake
>I PULL THE WRONG HAND TO SHAKE
>akward hand holding shake
>I blurt out " you too...."
>realize what I have done
>keep staring at the floor like I want to dig a hole and just hide there.
>they walk away and can over hear them saying "he's a special one ain't it?"

FUCK
ME.
>>
File: hate and despair.jpg (321KB, 676x888px) Image search: [Google]
hate and despair.jpg
321KB, 676x888px
Stockdrone here. I work in a small store and it's pretty chill, for the most part. My coworkers are cool, the head manager is great, the work is easy, although a little demanding. Then there's the assistant manager.

>450 pounds, EASY
>Always smells like rancid shit
>Above point cannot be stressed enough. I have had to stop breathing after I caught myself starting to puke one time.
>Breath is somehow even worse.
>Has no idea how anything works. Any time he's put in charge of something, he fucks it up.
>Is constantly telling employees to do things they're not supposed to do, starts making up shit that's supposedly part of our week-to-week responsibilities that we've never been assigned before.
>Gives one set of bullshit instructions for a task one week, changes it to something completely different the next week, somehow manages to be wrong every time.
>Bitches about work not being fast enough when we're thorough and not being perfect enough when we're fast.
>On top of all that, cannot open his mouth without being a condescending asshole.

Everybody hates him, nobody wants him around, there's no way the manager isn't aware of this. Why the fuck is he still employed? How did he even get the job in the first place?
>>
>>35501449
dont back away from challenges anon, that's what turns people into neets.
>>
>>35521999
Those trips are now checked.
Shit post (envious fast food slave here) but good image get.
>>
Do Americans seriously not get much paid vacation?

I hear they get like two weeks at most. Unless your lucky?
>>
lul wageslaves, I'll never have to work like that for a day in my life
>>
>>35523327
If you're in a low-tier job, you'll get fired for actually taking a vacation. They expect you to instead just add the vacation hours to your regular paychecks. If you actually take time off, it offends your manager and he'll find something to fire you over.
>>
>>35523466
And is that managers choice or is it coming from the top from my schlomostien
>>
>>35507195
Costco is a great place to wageslave at. Youre a moron.
>>
>>35519728
Too fucking true. I'm working with my most braindead fucking coworker tonight and the weather is going to be just right to bring a lot of people in and i'm going to continue hating my job

pray for me
>>
>>35522204
>shit that didnt happen
normie
>>
File: don draper asd.png (221KB, 600x452px) Image search: [Google]
don draper asd.png
221KB, 600x452px
I hate working. I feel like a bit of myself is dying everyday.
>>
>work IT job for 13.50 an hour in warehouse
>user wants excel file to output a copy of itself each time its saved and closed like this other file that my boss made with the help of vb macros.
>dont know how to program visual basic for excel macros for shit
>literally panicking all day

>boss comes in later and tells me hes disbading that 1 file because being responsible for the code sucks, and i could choose not to do it for the user or not.
I lucked out again bros. Im not sure how Im in this position.
>>
>>35523787
just google it, ask on some forum or something, even ask in /g/ stupid questions general or whatever
most people in IT are coasting through with only real knowledge of maybe 10% of the job. If it's really too hard you can just be an office IT person instead and turn it on and off again 10x a day for $50k.
>>
>>35523636
So tell us what really happened my good neet, seems you were there.
>>
>>35523949
the problem is my boss isnt like that. hes a fucking mega genius that seems to know everything to do with computers, programming, and the ins and outs of everything in the warehouse. i could see the dissapointment on his face when i said i wasnt going to do it. he realizes im a faker and a dumbfuck that just googles everything.

also something like this isnt really googlable. sure you get the basis maybe, but you need to create the code yourself and i hate programming.
>>
>>35522393
It's the next day, and it went well. It was bad at first, but 20 mins into it, I got the hang of it.
>>
File: 1479475581903.jpg (755KB, 2246x3370px) Image search: [Google]
1479475581903.jpg
755KB, 2246x3370px
Security bro here. Decent pay and benefits but the work is stressful and you have to deal with stupid people everyday. Trying to get out , but it's not easy. I've just been sending out applications every day. I mean I've gotten a couple of replies back but nothing concrete. Friends say I should try to go for some state jobs but I don't even know where to start for those and the process seems complicated.
>>
>>35524210
>i hate programming
>works in IT
probably wrong career desu
>>
>>35513939
What do you do and where? I've been interested in working on a ship but don't know where to start
>>
File: 1489151582547.jpg (36KB, 482x427px) Image search: [Google]
1489151582547.jpg
36KB, 482x427px
I get drunk everyday in the hopes that I will get fired. Showed up shit faced today, drinking at lunch right now, fire me god damn it.
>>
I recommend all part time wagecucks to start somewhere in internet marketing/ e- commerce. With time and good work, it can match and go beyond the wage you already make
>>
>>35524601
Applying for a security license, how do you deal with stupid people? Basically have to tell them a million times what to do like a cop or what?
>>
>>35502143
Go to a shoe store and have them measure your foot and all that other stuff. Then they'll help you find the most comfy shoe for your foot type.

Best decision I've made was finally dropping muh skater shoes
>>
>>35524945
You have to talk loud to them and talk to them like a baby sometimes. If they don't understand the first time, than pick 3 keywords and yell it at them. I usually use hand motions and point. Most people will be hostile towards you from the get go. Just remember to keep your responses short and to the point.
>>
File: 1448271959658.jpg (87KB, 582x600px) Image search: [Google]
1448271959658.jpg
87KB, 582x600px
>stuck doing factory work that is supposed to give me 44 hours while only giving me 22 regularly
>tfw there's no one to help me with this, due to my position in life
I would switch to another place, but it was easy to get this job. No fucking around with covering letters/CVs/one-on-one interviews. Just come into the agency that has the job, fill in a form, do an induction that takes place a few days later and you're in.
>>
>>35525149
How often do you have to resort to physical action? I assume often if it's a bunch of shitskins or beaners.
>>
>>35524876
More info about this? Anon. Have tried this and failed
>>
>Work in Amazon Fulfillment center at the shipping dock
>Work 4, 10 Hour days
>Constant deluge of packages coming down conveyor belts
>shipping dock is constantly understaffed
>Never able to keep up with the packages, they inevitably wind up falling or being thrown on the ground
>If the CPT is near we just start chucking packages into the trucks

If your package from Amazon is ever late than blame the damn FC managers for not staffing enough people on the shipping docks.

Also we will sometimes use our saliva to get the tape to stick on the packages if the packers did a shitty job on it.
>>
>>35510915
Why do people think this?

The only downside i can think to a salary is that if you get a certain salary for say 35 hours a week, you might have to work longer than that, therefore devaluing the salary?

In my last place though, anything extra got paid to you in overtime (1.5x pay) if there was a budget for it, and if not, you could take an extra day if you got to seven hours. So you never didnt get the use of over worked hours.

Also pension, paid sick leave, 5 weeks holiday.

How is being paid per hour better than that?

My current job doesnt have this, so sucks a bit when its busy, but its being brought in.
>>
>>35524831
Why don't you just fucking quit
>>
File: 1430439438551.jpg (104KB, 395x324px) Image search: [Google]
1430439438551.jpg
104KB, 395x324px
>Just got a call back from Lowes!

Fuck yeah. I threw out tons of Apps, and I hoped none of the Foodservice ones would call be back.

Thank fucking God, any Hardware store dudes ITT?
>>
>>35525318
I never. People have threatened to fight me, but I just called the cops and walked away.
>>
>>35525666
Cause my mom would kick me out of the house if I did. At this point I'm not even sure I would mind.
>>
File: 1489344808545.jpg (26KB, 676x505px) Image search: [Google]
1489344808545.jpg
26KB, 676x505px
>Dad owns a Bed and Breakfast
>helping in the family business
>mostly with manual labour
>occasionally I translate when we host english speaking customers
>french couple with a really annoying baby book with us
>they can't find the street so call for directions
>the wife speaks literal gibberish and the brat keeps crying in the background so it takes me like 20 minutes just to figure out where they are
>I search for them by car
>take them to our Bed and Breakfast
>at the reception
>wife and baby are really upset , the husband is pretty chill tho . He doesn't talk too much
>kid is now screaming
>the man tries to calm him down with a pair of keys .
>they hand me some documents
>I show them their tab and the price
>The wife gets even more nervous ,mumbles something in french then complains for the price being 7 euros higher than the one she saw on the booking site.
>tell her it's for the cleaning fee , and the site says it clearly
>she wants to pay by card , but we take only Cash
>Have to escort her by car to the nearest bank .(15 minutes pass due to traffic)
>finally she pays
>give her keys hoping to never see her ever again
>She come about half an hour later with a tablet asking for wi fi password
>she insists that the site wasn't clear enough about the cleaning fee
>wants to show me on her tablet but obviously it has no battery.
>wants to charge it
>ok
>Now I won't lie , this bitch couldn't accomplish shit
>at this point she's acting like a complite schizoid , trembling and shit
>gives up , gets up and leaves the office slamming the door really hard
>dad from other room comes in
>Really pissed off
>goes after her and blames the bitch.
>>
>>35525837
Wouldn't she kick you out if you got fired? What's the difference?
>>
should i apply for a axiety inducing job when i suffer with panic axiety?
>>
>>35509538
lmao someone didn't get an engineering degree
started at 76k/yr
>>
>>35518547

I work on the UK railways, it's pretty much the epitomy of "the customer can go fuck themselves" school of British customer service. People demand to the manager often and soon wish they hadn't when they finally turn up.
>>
>tfw just accepted a job
>first """"""real"""""" job
>working 9-6 wagecuck hours
>40 hours week
>$13 hour plus benefits

feels comfy
>>
>>35527252
>wagecucking
>comfy

nahh
>>
>>35527413
It feels nice to be able to afford things and have something to bolster my resume with
>>
>>35527526
what kind of job is it? vvxjxaxzc
>>
>tfw it's my Friday today

Just gotta power through this 10 hour shift, fuuuck.
>>
>>35527621
Internship for underwriting insurance policies
>>
File: 1488428545754.jpg (209KB, 624x480px) Image search: [Google]
1488428545754.jpg
209KB, 624x480px
>>35501414
3 months of being NEET and i somehow miss my soul crushing wageslave job
>woke up around 5 am
>2 hours long travel with train and bus until im at my office
>come back home around 6pm
i don't know why but somehow i like being depressed and feel like shit
>>
>>35514401
Best of luck to you! Don't let these fag neets tear you down.
>>
>>35525479
>worked packing
>worked docks
Don't know which I prefer. I get all of what you're saying though.
>>
>>35516803
That sounds pretty awesome, originato
>>
>>35507146
go to work strapped.
>>
why do people fall for comfy meme. No wagecuck job is comfy.
>>
>>35512557
you sound like me when i first got hired. been working the same job for 3 years now as a systems analyst. it was bomb as fuck for the first year or so, until we started getting into long stretches of overtime to meet deadlines, and i came to realize that no matter what i will never truly be happy. everything gets old. hopefully you don't have the same need for constant change.
>>
>>35524667
IT is where the non-programmers in computer fields go. IT has nothing to do with programming really(Unless your the single IT guy, in which you get a programmers duty too)

t.IT grad

P.S learn some basic programming lad. Java or C++ or maybe CSharp. Watch some tutorials on some of better windows products, and if you havent yet, look into a A+ cert or something, even if its just to prove to yourself you can learn it.

>>35523787
Your gonna make it robotbro.
>>
>>35524601
State jobs = law enforcement or internal security guards
Try looking on your state's job website. If that fails, check out your county's. County is far easier to get into since state has loops.
>>35524945
You are a security guard. You do not have any cop privileges. If you got training, you'll know what to do. Basically it's a scale of hostility from mild to severe (about to beat the shit out of you). There is protocol for handling each one of these scenarios. Work for US Security Associates. They should give you the right training.
>>
>Work retail
>Have a cute, hard working, co-worker
>We work extremely well together
>She gave me her number
>She wants me to change my availability so we work the same days every week

What is this I'm feeling?
>>
>>35525837
Your mom would know that you got yourself fired. Just find a better job and stop being shitty.
>>
>>35528903
Down the line you'll become a liability to management if you both have a falling out and are at each other's throats.
>>
>>35527526
Maybe at first, but after the first few months that feeling will dissipate quickly.
>>
>>35529689
the job is only 2 months
>>
File: 1421391350890.jpg (292KB, 1400x1400px) Image search: [Google]
1421391350890.jpg
292KB, 1400x1400px
>>35514191
>>35514172
>coming in right at close and ordering a ton of food

yeah it's his job, and yeah he should do it, but it's still a dick move to do that when you know they're closing in 30 seconds
something something lebowski quote
>>
>>35501414
Little over a month at my job and today I started on the phones, just cold-calling our clients and scheduling appointments for the inspector to go visit their business.

I was super nervous and imagined all the different things they could ask or say. There are surprisingly a lot of variables. My first one asked something I wouldn't have been prepared for if I hadn't stalled before making the call and considered all the possibilities and making it kind of a drawn out process to even begin training. I was definitely stalling for time.

After I hung up my coworkers complimented me and said I did a great job and was a natural. I don't know if they were stretching the truth to make me feel better but it felt good.

I wasn't shaking or experiencing too many symptoms of nervousness but I was close. My trainer said that he was shaking and his voice was cracking the first time he did it.

Overall it wasn't too bad. I was much calmer the moment I started dialling the number than just before when my brain was processing all the possibilities.
>>
File: 1486263768550.jpg (39KB, 477x479px) Image search: [Google]
1486263768550.jpg
39KB, 477x479px
>>35508955
>>just got married
kek you are doomed
Thread posts: 297
Thread images: 65

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.