[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

HS Degree

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

File: degree.jpg (178KB, 1600x1273px) Image search: [Google]
degree.jpg
178KB, 1600x1273px
Who here doesn't have their hs degrees, and why?
>>
Because I dropped out near the end of 12th grade.
>>
>>35500417
Why didn't you finish?

original comment
>>
>>35500442
Because I didn't give a shit about the schoolwork, I just drew in my notebook the whole time.

I told them it helps me focus, and they bought it. It was a lie though
>>
>>35500491
What do you now? Are you a NEET?
>>
GED; dropped out after 10th grade to get a head start on college
>>
>>35499951
>why
Because they're not 18
>>
>>35500526
i'm a neet now, yes. I have a GED though. I don't think my life would be any better if I had a high school diploma though
>>
File: 1488766398603.jpg (45KB, 683x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1488766398603.jpg
45KB, 683x1024px
When I was 10 I started missing 60-100 days of school a year after parent's divorce and moving to a shitty trailer. Mom gave up parenting and was the type of person to pray to Jesus instead of targeting problems and solving them. Got failed in grade 6 because attendance even though test scores were excellent to punish me into attending school more, so I felt even worse about school and attended less. Not even the retarded kids failed and I was the only one. It didn't help when they figured out this made me attend even less that they bumped me back into my proper grade 4 months later - I was socially outcasted and never went on any field trips because my mom didn't fund it.

When grade 7 ended I wasn't given a report card and never showed up to the last week of school. They told me I was going to high school. Moved to an even trashier area of town and had zero friends but this time I had enemies because my cousin was a mouth piece. Ended up fighting random people that were much older than me for no reason. Dropped out after a month and shut myself in for 10 years.

It's never been a problem getting a job by putting grade 12 on my resume, but I fear one day it will bite me in the ass. I'm smart and live just fine, but socially I don't think I can recover because it made me incredibly jaded even 17 years later.
>>
>>35501074

HR worker here.

Continue lying, we never check but instantly throw out the ones without a diploma. There's no reason not to lie.
>>
Was a NEET from a young age growing up pretty much by myself, ended up getting a GED.

>My life is dead end because I'm 23 and only know basic algebra
>>
>>35499951
I don't have a diploma yet because I'm graduating in May.I just need to pass 2 exams.
>>
>>35499951
I don't. I went to 3 different high schools. The last one I was at just gave the students all the assignments in one book and expected us to finish it without any real interaction from a teacher. I got into the school because I was a gifted artist and the school was known for the advanced visual arts classes.
What they didn't know about me was that I was a pretty good bullshit artist too. I spent 3 years in the school doing nothing except drugs and drinking. When they finally figured out that I wasn't going to do anything school related the school decided to get rid of me by sending me to a place that let me get my GED and the school paid for it all.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.