[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why are humans ashamed of being naked?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 3

File: 1429698765218.jpg (126KB, 367x347px) Image search: [Google]
1429698765218.jpg
126KB, 367x347px
Why are humans ashamed of being naked?
>>
>>35496864
Religion. Prove me wrong.
>>
>>35496870
This desu senpai
No one gave a fuck before the Jews started making the rules
>>
>>35496864

Bitch ate a pomegranate.
>>
because they have small dicks
>>
>>35496919
Pure logic
1. Eat Apple
2. become the only animal on Earth that is ashamed of being naked
>>
>>35496864
Because they ate from the tree of knowledge which is an analogy for being self aware which is what every human problem stems from
>>
>>35496864
Not at all. Shame is a cultural device.
>>
>>35496864
Its cold out its like -20c atm
>>
>>35496864
because other people sexualise them very quickly, retard.
>>
>>35496955
Sometimes I wonder,
when I take a long walk through the woods,
and encounter a deer or a rabbit.
The rabbit doesn't seem to suffer from depression or existential crisis.
Human self-consciousness can look like an illness in that light. All of civilization is just a coping mechanism for this illness.
>>
>>35496979
>because other people sexualise them very quickly, retard.
Have you ever been to a nudist beach?
There are no sexual vibes in the air.
>>
>>35496938
grower not a shower. #canthandlemeatmyworst #dontdeservemeatmybessbish
>>
>>35496941

It was a pomegranate.
Pomegranates have sweet and bitter parts, hence whoever eats them receives knowledge of "good" (sweet) and "evil" (bitter). Hence the pomegranate symbolism. Pomegranates are also traditional symbols of Jesus and his blood, I think.

>>35496955
It wasn't the tree of knowledge. It was the tree of knowledge of good and evil. Although some scholars say that in Hebrew, like in some other languages, expressions composed of antonyms or opposites such as "good and evil", "hot and cold", etc, are essentially synonymous with "everything", or "all things" (encompassed by the two words).
Thus knowledge of good and evil could essentially be translated as "knowledge of all things" or perhaps "knowledge of morality".
>>
>>35497015

I can't imagine not getting aroused at a nudist beach upon seeing naked teenage girls.
>>
>>35497015
lol maybe if your gay haha
>>
>>35497040
or, perhaps, "knowledge."
>>
File: 1482350253497.jpg (2MB, 6000x5606px) Image search: [Google]
1482350253497.jpg
2MB, 6000x5606px
>>35496999

trips of truth.
Being self aware is a curse
>>
>>35497040
pomegranites are also used to symbolize Persephone the wife of Hades.
>>
>>35497128

>or, perhaps, "knowledge."

No, that would imply it granted omniscience, no?
Did Eve become omniscient?
>>
>>35497178

It's a very widespread symbol with many mythological associations.
>>
>>35496870
We've been wearing clothes way before that
>>
>>35496999
>The rabbit doesn't seem to suffer from depression or existential crisis.

The rabbit suffers the meaningless struggle of survival and reproduction.
>>
>>35497248
They don't know it's meaningless. Their life is filled with dopamine when they mates when the kill when the birth children. They have no reason to think that what they are doing is meaningless.
>>
>>35496999
Nice trips anon, and you're completely right.
Also Lucifer got it right when he said man was inferior to him, because both of them were conscious, but man was made out of clay, and angels were made from starfire.
The meaning of this is that man isn't infinite and will die eventually, while angels will not and the consciousness+mortality combo is horrible. You should only be allowed to be self aware if you're immortal.
>>
>>35497296
Only because they are not capable of thought. The life of a rabbit is a lowlier existence than that of a heroin junkie.
>>
I was watching a doco yesterday about this tribe in Brazil which had started wearing clothes after making first contact. They liked the warmth and security it provided.

Our shame stems from the social controlling of sex.
>>
>>35496870
embarrassment, it is a natural thing for humans
>>
>>35496864
Because I have a tiny cock
>>
>>35497324
Lowlier in what way?
Or higher in what way?
In our ability to come up with more useless shit than animals? In our need to make our lives busy with shit that matters even less than survival?
>>
>>35497324
You are a sheep. It's not possible to give sheep the red pill, they are incapable
>>
>>35497396
There is a very big difference between embarrasment and shame.
>>
>>35497824
>Lowlier in what way?

In the way that I rank their lives to be of lower worth. If I was given the choice between living as myself, a heroin junkie, and a rabbit, I would choose myself first, a heroin junkie secondly and lastly a rabbit.

Someone who ranked a rabbit higher than a human on the grounds that the rabbit was less aware of its suffering, would also have to rank a dead human higher than a living rabbit on the same grounds.

>>35497862
>you are sheep

You are the one who advocates living a life closely resembling that of barn-yard animal.
>>
>>35497946
Well maybe that is your opinion

I for one would choose the rabbit faster than a hare.

In fact I would choose a plant over being a "successful" human.
>>
>>35497971
You always have the option of suicide available to you. That is one perk of being a human.
>>
>>35497971
>ywn be a tree older than USA
>ywn spread out your ancient leafy limbs to better bask in the sun rays
>ywn soak up delicious loamy water with your sturdy roots
>qts will never sit in your shade and lament being alive

gonna have to rank trees as god tier
>>
>>35498132
Nah I'm already here. Might as well make the best of it. It'll be over in a flash anyway
>>
>>35498206
>be tree
>get chopped down to make admail and cheap romance novels
>furniture if you're lucky
>>
>>35498395
not a tree's fault that people ruin everything they touch
>>
>>35497946
>Someone who ranked a rabbit higher than a human on the grounds that the rabbit was less aware of its suffering, would also have to rank a dead human higher than a living rabbit on the same grounds.
Why though? I agree it'd be a pretty pointless existence but at least you wouldn't be aware of it. You'd still be living and you'd still have true sentience, so I don't see how that's comparable to being straight up dead.
>>
File: pando tree.jpg (1MB, 1200x795px) Image search: [Google]
pando tree.jpg
1MB, 1200x795px
>>35498206
>>35498395
>>35498548
>ywn be a tree older than humanity
>ywn reproduce yourself asexually by cloning to the point where you resemble a forest
>ywn occupy 106 acres alone
>ywn have over 40 000 stems
Thread posts: 41
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.