[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Was it easier to get a gf in the 1950s?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2

File: 50s.jpg (49KB, 400x492px) Image search: [Google]
50s.jpg
49KB, 400x492px
Was it easier to get a gf in the 1950s?
>>
Probably.

>>
yes

white people hadn't wholesale introduced hypercapitalism and social sociopathy yet so people still valued traits like compatibility and loyalty over corporate status and money
>>
Probably. But you also couldn't waste away your time on 4cham and video games, nor were your parents (who were probably ww2 vets) going to allow you to live in their basement, so you had more pressure to make something of yourself
>>
>>35494895
I imagine the 50's would be hit and miss for robots.
Either they'd be forced to conform and end up fitting in and getting a gf, or they'd be even bigger outcasts.
>>
No. No internet, no tinder. You were stuck with local girls.
>>
>>35494979
it's weird to think that people respond to the prosperity of today with cynicism and cold pragmatism, and the bleakness of the past with optimism and ideological sincerity
seems kinda backwards really
>>
>>35495071
The local girls were stuck with local men and were expected to stay with one man. It was a lot easier to find a gf.
>>
>>35494895
Yes two reasons:

Couples used to be looksmatched. Just look at old photos from when grandparents were young.

Couples were restricted to their race. There was no racemixing, so there was less competition for males of all races.
>>
>>35495073
>it's weird to think that people respond to the prosperity of today with cynicism and cold pragmatism
I think it's to do with technology, I think we've became jaded with it.
If you look at the past, even after discovering the power of nuclear weaponry, people still often saw the future as something space-age and hyper-advanced. We basically live in a cyberpunk society now, and it's dull as fuck. Nothing seems interesting basically.
>>
>>35495099
How do you know this? Do you have experience in getting gfs in the 50s and now?
>>
>>35494895
Yes because there were things beyond looks that mattered. Now Tinder has made everything about raw sexual lust. PUSs tell you all you need is game but it's bulllshit. You are Literally reduced to a picture
>>
>>35495117
White men fucked what they wanted. They cucked Asians spics and even niggers. I know because my grandpa is a white guy who fucked black girls on the side
>>
>all these posters born in the 90s thinking they know what life was like in the 50s
>>
>>35495165
it's sort of like 'god is dead' but on steroids and speed
everything is dead and all expression is signalling
you can be a conservative or a progressive or a athiest or religeous and try and signal to certain kinds of people to form a community but we're all just playing a game no matter how real the consequences get no one really bellieves in anything beyond self preservation
i think it's because television has taught us to be mockers and callous or else be seen as low iq and low class
shows like the simpsons, seinfeld, all clued in comedy shows that aren't melodramatic or lame have been very ironic and cynical for like 30 years now not like a classic sitcoms which had family values and sentimentality at their core
this has an effect on people it's basically like telling them it's not ok to try at anything and caring about stuff is lame
then emerging subcultures in the west become very autistic in backlash to this hence why the rad left and alt right are so mad at eachother
>>
Women think truth to be an irrelevant triviality whose only role in life is as a stumbling block for men.
>>
I think like 99% of americans were married by 20 in the 50s
>>
>>35495185
Look at the rate of marriage then and now, retarded faggot.
>>
Lmao, the fact that any robot somehow thinks the 50's would give them a gf because
>muh white utopia
Is ridiculous, people got bullied way worse back then for being slightly different. None of you cunts would've stood a chance
>>
>>35495372
That has nothing to do with the topic, idiot. Which is, was it easier or not to get a gf.
>>
>>35495185
Are you one of those down syndrome guys?
>>
>>35495390
This is true
People actually beat the shit out of weird kids. Bullies were real and not this drink bleach shit. Also actual lynch mobs existed and they sometimes killed people for being weird
>>
>>35494895
It would be as >>35495053 says, some may find it easier to get a girlfriend as living costs were nowhere near as high as they are today and many potential competitors would have been killed during World War II, however, the average "robot" so to speak would not stand much of a chance. It goes without saying that without the social adeptness that a far greater percentage had during that time period, the average robot would struggle to make a good impression, and when we are exposed to constant amorality, nudity, violence etc. in our culture, such was not the case during the times.

The bottom line being that it would be easier to get a girlfriend in the 1950s, just not for you.
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.