[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Times your anxiety kicked in

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 77
Thread images: 21

File: IMG_6064.jpg (13KB, 250x236px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_6064.jpg
13KB, 250x236px
>be me
>yesterday
>decided to stop by a dollar store in a town so I could get some snacks
>I walk in and start looking around for some snacks
>I go into an isle and browse the shelves
>I look down to see a track of snowy shoe prints I left behind me
>I start getting worried and I walk to a door mat and wipe my shoes shamefully
>I quickly grab some snacks, pay for them, and btfo
>just thinking about them cleaning the tracks up wondering "who the hell did this shit?" makes me uncomfortable
>the clerk at the front desk might've seen me getting shoe prints all over the floor
>mfw they'll probably recognize me if I go back

Wtf I hate going in public areas now.
>>
File: hearty laugh.gif (633KB, 300x182px) Image search: [Google]
hearty laugh.gif
633KB, 300x182px
>>35493594
So when you fuckwits say 'anxiety' you very literally mean 'panicking over stupid shit no mentally healthy human being would think twice about'?
>>
>>35493647
>So when you fuckwits say 'anxiety' you very literally mean 'panicking over stupid shit no mentally healthy human being would think twice about'?

Well... yeah? What did you think they meant?
>>
>>35493647
That's literally what anxiety means (in the context of an anxiety disorder)
>>
>>35493647
>no mentally healthy human being would think twice about'?
Maybe you should leave, norman
>>
>>35493647
>So when you fuckwits say 'anxiety' you very literally mean 'anxiety'?

no way dude
>>
>>
Yeah. That's what Anxiety is. Fucking idiot. Go read a book.
>>
>>35493713
Meant
>>35493647
Fucking phone.
>>
File: original-16204-1392066828-6.jpg (70KB, 634x535px) Image search: [Google]
original-16204-1392066828-6.jpg
70KB, 634x535px
Average thought pattern in social setting

"you know no one here actually likes you right look at yourself look at your hair look at how awful and stupid it looks stop making that face you are resting your face and you probably look mentally ill the way your eyebrows sink in. and the scruff on your face you look like a mad dog... all of these people are not your friends they are just your family and they have you around because they feel bad and you contribute nothing to the circle you are the laughingstock of this family. well dont be fucking stupid say soemthing you probably havent said anything in the last 10 minutes they probably think youre fucking autistic..."

Me: s-so hey guys *says some random quote or line*

"JESUS did you honestly say THAT lol no one acknoleges you when you talk most of time in groupsHumans ignore and talk over people they perceive of as lower social status ... OH MY GOD AND IF THEY KNOW THAT YOU FEEL THIS WAY NO MATTER WHAT THEY ARE GOING TO THINK WORSE OF YOU. LOOK AT YOURSELF YOU AREWALLOWING AND BEING NEGATIVE.. YOU HAVE ZERO REDEEMING QUALITIES YOUR LIFE IS GOING NOWHERE NO ONE REALLY EVEN RESPECTS YOU"

the worst part is its all true
fuck
>>
>>35493732
What kind of asshole said that? Complete douches.
>>
>>35493663
>>35493677
>>35493682
>>35493698
I never bothered to look it up. I always figured 'anxiety disorder' meant 'people who panic over legit stuff but can't calm down'.
Since anxiety means 'nervousness about uncertainty' I figured it applied to, oh, freaking out over public speaking in front of the boss' not 'someone looked at me'.
Damn.
What is it that causes you to freak out over normal stuff - were you beaten as a child, or are you just narcissistic?
>>
File: 1487624029205.gif (6KB, 569x510px) Image search: [Google]
1487624029205.gif
6KB, 569x510px
>tfw you get massive anxiety even from thinking about possible handholding with a girl
And i'm terrified of kissing and sex. I'd literally run. What's happening to me?
>>
File: 1489211706896.jpg (41KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
1489211706896.jpg
41KB, 600x600px
>>35493760
said what..? that whole thing?
or about how if people dont let you squeeze in words it means they dont respect you and see you as lower?

because no one said that. its my thoughts battling me every day but its mixed with a lot of truth that it decides to bludgeon me with 24/7

actually its hard not to just solely identify as anxiety and depression myself.
>>
>>35493780
>I always figured 'anxiety disorder' meant 'people who panic over legit stuff but can't calm down'.

Nah, that's just being an anxious person. You can worry all the time about your problems without having a disorder, by definition you have an anxiety disorder when you feel irrationally anxious. (i.e. it's fair enough to be anxious about public speaking as if you fuck up you'll actually look bad, but it's not so rational to get the same level of anxiety simply to leave the house to go shopping or something)
>>
>>35493808
So - you get treatment, right? It sounds like a little therapy would do wonders.
>>
>>35493840
I personally don't really suffer from it, but I know quite a few people that do. Therapy can definitely help depending on the source of it but often the hardest part is persuading them to go to it in the first place.

you say
>were you beaten as a child, or are you just narcissistic?
and things like that certainly can play into it but for most people who suffer from an anxiety disorder it's just like any other mental illness and can develop just as badly on its own.
>>
>>35493801
it gets worse, alcohol and benzos can make your life better for a bit but that shit has a shelf life
>>
File: 1489090241858.jpg (29KB, 597x597px) Image search: [Google]
1489090241858.jpg
29KB, 597x597px
>sitting in movie theater
>adrenaline suddenly kicks in
>>
File: 1475573561920.jpg (32KB, 480x454px) Image search: [Google]
1475573561920.jpg
32KB, 480x454px
>>35493938
>shitting in movie theater
>adrenaline suddenly kicks in
>>
>>35493594
So people who suffer from social anxiety display the same emotional attitudes as a late stage toddler/early stage child?
How many of you were raised by single mothers? How many were in day care?
>>
File: 1437759552229.png (158KB, 265x281px) Image search: [Google]
1437759552229.png
158KB, 265x281px
>>35493948
>kicking in movie theater
>suddenly sit in shit
>>
>>35493594
so much this, I hate fuckers who say they have anxiety because they feel nervous or embarrassed about something.

I have actual medical anxiety and have to take benzodiazepines just to calm it. My heart rate jumps up, my throat gets dry, I have trouble breathing and I get all sweaty from doing the smallest thing as drinking 1 cup of coffee or going outside to throw out a garbage.
>>
File: manifestdestinyintensifies.png (555KB, 1198x938px) Image search: [Google]
manifestdestinyintensifies.png
555KB, 1198x938px
>>35493980
>watching scat film
>maga kicks in
>>
File: asuka.png (60KB, 838x544px) Image search: [Google]
asuka.png
60KB, 838x544px
>>35493980
>kicking in movie theater
>suddenly adrenaline shits in
>>
>>35493970
>So people who suffer from social anxiety display the same emotional attitudes as a late stage toddler/early stage child?

How do you make that? A small child's fear of admonishment from authority is quite different from someone with an anxiety disorders fear of everything.

A toddler will hate his parents being mad at him but I would have thought most couldn't care less what other toddlers thought of them.

People with anxiety aren't anxious of punishment, they're just anxious in general
>>
>>35493970
>So people who suffer from social anxiety display the same emotional attitudes as a late stage toddler/early stage child?

I would give fucking anything to be as laid back as a toddler
>>
>>35494052
toddlers are relaxed as all get out. I'm a wreck.
>>
>>35494012
Children in the LT/EC stages are first aware of how others perceive independently and develop mild avoidance of being exposed to others because of that
>i.e., they have social anxiety
not a fear or punishment.
But this uncertainty about independent perception in others is usually transformed into social awareness within 6-12 months.
Or 'I am nervous because people are looking at me' is natural for a 40-48 month old child, not a college-age adult.
>>
>>35494052
>laid back
>toddler

Boy I hope you have kids yourself just to see how wrong that is
>>
>>35494052
>>35494076
>confirmed for not being a parent
>>
>be me
>be raging alcoholic
>black out after three day binge
>wake up in jail
>freak the fuck out because I hate restraints
sucked desu
>>
>>35494092
How many times has your toddler attempted suicide?
>>
File: I_Know_That_Feel.jpg (9KB, 234x181px) Image search: [Google]
I_Know_That_Feel.jpg
9KB, 234x181px
>>35493732
Fuck that's exactly what happens to me. The real worst part is the rational part of me knows that I shouldn't get all nervous and shit yet it seems nothing stops me from having internal meltdowns in the simplest of social situations
>>
File: image.jpg (377KB, 2464x1648px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
377KB, 2464x1648px
I get anxious quite often, but I believe that my lack of confidence and self-appreciation is what contributes to it as well.
>doing a subject that I'm good at
>still get nervous and anxious because I begin to belive that I'm doing everything the wrong way, and that everyone else is doing better than me
>deathly afraid of being in public, mainly because I feel that everyone is judging me
>go on vacation with parents to some resort places, but begin to feel as if I'm an outsider for simply existing there, and get nervous
>almost every assignment and exam in school made my heart almost explode out of my chest, even if the results were good
>can't drive any motor vehicle, nor even ride a bike because I'm afraid of fucking up someone's day, or fucking up in general and causing accidents, getting honked at etc.
>will always wait for cars to drive past at a crossing, even though they're letting me pass, in fear of causing a scene
>speeches are cancerous because I have a slight stammer, and it is very noticeable in the midst of an important presentation, so I barely manage to make through it before silently cringing at myself
>afraid of leaving the social status quo and not conforming to what is popular
>profusely apologise to someone, even if nothing happened, or the person was the instigator
>can't stand fucking up a question in class and everyone turning around to look at me, or quietly chuckling to themselves
>can't talk to girls without silently talking to myself about fucking it all up, even if nothing really went wrong
I can't stand my constant pussification and lack of confidence. Anxiety is a real bitch, and I don't even know how I can function in society without the constant need of suicide to escape the most trivial situations.
>>
>>35494097
>all anxious people regularly contemplate suicide
>>
>>35494148
Who are you quoting? I'm just talking about me
>>
>>35494097
'They haven't the means, or conceptualization, to know what suicide is or to accomplish it' != 'chilled the fuck out, maaaaaaaan'.
Toddlers experience fear, frustration, anxiety, etc. as much as any other human and are also generally MUCH less able to communicate.
Or, more bluntly, ever deal with a 24 month old shrieking himself out of sleep then gibbering with terror for 20 minutes about strangers, the can opener, how mommy might not come back from the store, or why are cars looking at him?
Because night terrors are pretty common in toddlers and are their attempts to deal with anxiety.
>>
>>35494110
Sounds hellish.
Tried therapy?
>>
>>35494153
>all greentext is quoting
lurk moar, faggot

lemon pepper
>>
File: im-starting-to-get-sad-6835716.png (109KB, 500x555px) Image search: [Google]
im-starting-to-get-sad-6835716.png
109KB, 500x555px
>>35494110
....how do i make it stop anon

its slowly crippling me

the worst part is like i said most of it is true it mixes reality with your thoughts and beats the shit out of you with it so whats real fucking deals a larger blow

whats that everyone says
>"Well then make improvements"

how do i just b myself if i dont even know who myself is?
>>
>>35493594
You fucking cuck ass bitch nigga
>>
>in my universities computer lab right now
>supposed to be working on a group project
>completely surrounded by normies
>some roastie looks at my screen
>"haha anon what are you doing there? let me see :3"
>woman hate thread
>looks at me in disgust and shuffles away
>see her talking to a teacher in the hallway
>both looking at me

This is the end. fuckfuckfuckfuckfuck
>>
>>35494292
If you are studying a course with holes in you are studying a fucking retarded course that is pointless because women are too stupid to learn anything properly so they do gender studies
>>
>>35494179
I would but too busy with uni and no time. And when I'm on break I spend all my time working to pay for uni
>>
I have severe anxiety and it ruins my life.

>randomly have a panic attack after my first class of the day
>feels like someone dropped a 60 pound weight on chest, can barely breath
>decide to sit alone in my schools cafe to calm down
>See crush talking with his group of friends.
>Very friendly, always kind to everyone. Everyone on campus adores him. genuinely a gentle soul.
>Most likely just pities me because im a loner, but goes out of his way to talk with me on occasion.
>I have no chance, but i delude myself into thinking otherwise.
>He excuses himself from his table, and heads straight towards me.
>I silently wish for death
>He sits next to me
>"hello anon, whats up? :-)"
>Start blubbering out some nonsense. Stuttering. cant even look him in the face.
>He tries to force himself to keep the conversation going.
>Start literally hyperventilating. Head starts swimming and I start to feel faint.
>He visibly starts to look uncomfortable. Gives me a concerned, slightly disgusted look.
>"Ah...ok anon... well im going to leave you to it. Have a nice day"
>Goes back to the table. Says something to his friends and they all giggle uncomfortably.
>He never talks to me again.
>mfw
>>
>>35494292
>browsing /r9k/ on public
you deserve it normo.
>>
>>35493998
>kicking in shitty theater
>suddenly adrenaline moves in
>>
>>35493663
>>35493677
>>35493682
>>35493780

This is what "anxiety" is like to normies.

Come back when you feel like you have tunnel vision, mental fog, sweaty palms, dry throat, trembling fingers, adrenaline pumping feeling like you're about to die, teary eyes, too much saliva in mouth, and shortness of breath.
>>
>>35494331
It's a networking class, the roasties are "le randum xd" reddit girls. Save me guys
>>
>>35494487
I get like half of those, plus I pace around like an Autist
>>
>>35494222
Maybe try talking to people online before meeting irl like tinder or something. You have more confidence talking to people online and makes it easier when you meet irl. It's still hard as fuck and easier said than done but it helps
>>
File: charl.jpg (26KB, 328x228px) Image search: [Google]
charl.jpg
26KB, 328x228px
>someone looks you in the eye and smiles while you ride your bike past them
>dart eyes around
>what fucking game is this person playing?
>what do they know about me? oh my god they know everything. they can tell i'm a loser. they know everything about.
>it's a dead give away all across my face and posture.
>I see behind that facetious smile you monster. I see your subtle mocking of me. putting doubt and fear and trepidation into my head HOW DARE YOU!
>>
File: 1427109431753.jpg (79KB, 709x765px) Image search: [Google]
1427109431753.jpg
79KB, 709x765px
>>35494467
>suddenly in shitting theater
>adrenaline kicking in movie
>>
>>35493594
>told my e-gf that my friends were still bullying me over her around a day ago
>she became depressed and upset with herself, thinking that she was hurting me, which she promised to not do
>I've sent a few messages since then but she hasn't responded
>I don't know if she's been busy or fell asleepor what
>Maybe I'm just an overly clingy piece of shit

we /panic/ now
>>
>>35494827
Normreeeeeeee please go back to r/Forever Alone
>>
File: 1435527574672.png (79KB, 230x337px) Image search: [Google]
1435527574672.png
79KB, 230x337px
>>35494487
anxiety attacks =/= generalized anxiety
>>
>>35494925

Explain generalized anxiety
>>
>Explain generalized anxiety

These:

>>35493594
>>35493732
>>35494134

Not:

>>35494413

Panic attacks and anxiety obviously often come together, but typically they're classed as different disorders, generalized anxiety and panic disorder. That of course is only if they have been diagnosed as an actual disorder, rather than being brought on by something else. (PTSD can cause panic attacks in some people, and they're common when coming down from alcoholism)

The difference is between having a constant, generalized sense of anxiety that causes you to massively over analyse situations and constantly be in a mild state of panic, whereas panic attacks are as you described, the common themes of feeling like you can't breath or like you're having a heart attack, vision tunneling etc. in shorter, temporary attacks.

But yeah, often if you have one you also have the other.
>>
>tfw getting panic attacks when visiting new places

this shit ruins my life and hinders me from getting a job and so on
>>
>>35493802
So you're the asshole in the end. This is hilarious.
>>
Every time I get in a car or vehicle.

Fucking kill me.
>>
>go to shop to buy some items
>halfway through gathering items brain fog kicks in for no reason
>can barely focus but manage to grab the rest of the items
>pay for them and walk outside
>have a panic attack in the middle of the carpark
>>
File: 1489375849967.png (544KB, 479x760px) Image search: [Google]
1489375849967.png
544KB, 479x760px
>never wear my glasses outside
>decide to put them in a public place
>one day put them on when I was shopping for groceries
>I can clearly see the faces of twenty people.
>I can also see clearly that they're looking back at me
>panic and immediately remove glasses
>Never wear my glasses in a public place ever again
>>
>>35494134
i understand all these feels
but I can drive
>>
>>35493647
This is the definition of clinical anxiety.
>>
>Go to street vendor to buy some food or snacks
>Eventually street vendor recognizes me and remember my orders
>Embarrassed, avoid going to the same street vendor for months
>>
>>35493732
This all sounds like you're projecting. Have you tried doing things that make you feel accomplished so that you have a higher self esteem?
>>
>>35495523
jesus christ this is the worst. I miss out on so many things because I can't muster up the nerve to drive a few hours away.

also going to work. i've been at the same job for months but my stomach still gets twisted into knots an hour before I have to leave.
>>
>Party with friends
>Have a great night
>Wake up and awkwardly say bye
>Panic attack driving home every fucking times

Its like being happy is not permitted for me.
>>
File: 137289416051.jpg (7KB, 200x196px) Image search: [Google]
137289416051.jpg
7KB, 200x196px
>>35493594
>be me
>sitting quietly
>do absolutely nothing
>anxiety kicks in
>>
File: 1486863923417.jpg (192KB, 700x420px) Image search: [Google]
1486863923417.jpg
192KB, 700x420px
question: can anyone else mind their own business in settings such as pic related?
i cant not look at people in my peripheral vision.
this often makes them uncomfortable, which makes me uncomfortable, so my body language then says something like "im sorry for doing this"
but still i cant stop
i feel like this is a new level of anxiety.
before i wasnt aware of this, or if i did look i didnt really care, id just naturally look away after a while
>>
>>35497264
iktf. I'm blind af but it eases my anxiety a little when everyone is blurry
>>
File: 1422866511718.png (91KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1422866511718.png
91KB, 500x500px
>sweat more standing in line at the grocery store than I do working out
>>
>>35493732
not anxiety, you just have really bad self esteem
>>
>literally got asked to repeat my order 4 times
>after the 5th time the bitch just gave me a "wtf you say" look and walked away to the back
>she brings out the fucking manager
>he asks me to repeat myself once more
>I'm embarassed beyond repair at this point but I open my mouth then quickly shut it and simply leave since I was mentally exhausted from this bullshit
>as a final kick to my self esteem the manager shouts across the room "why don't you write it down sir"
>I 360 and speedwalk away
>>
>>35494331
>NEETs actually believe this
>>
>>35494292
>women notice and talk to him

norman
Thread posts: 77
Thread images: 21

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.