[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Who else here /expert procrastinator/?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

File: 1425445063638.png (293KB, 344x311px) Image search: [Google]
1425445063638.png
293KB, 344x311px
>TFW I had an entire week to write an eight-page paper but only now getting around to it and have to write four more godforsaken pages of it

I have some of the worst time-management skills I've ever seen in a person but I don't know how to stop. I'm even shitposting on a Rhodesian sketchbook BBS instead of writing it.

God help me. I need it.
>>
>>35486161
Well, for people like us, time only exists in two forms. Now and not-now. We think we have a lot of Now and not-now is forever away, but that's not the case.

To be honest, we probably have a really big problem with time perception.

Either way, the only thing left is to kill ourselves unless there is a realistic solution for this that doesn't involve sucking out your soul by making a kajillion items in a to do list and an ultraspecific schedule.

I used to do that for a while, but that made me want to kill myself so much that I probably am going to.
>>
It's a form of protest I think. If you really don't want to do something you'll find anything else to do besides that thing. Your brain works in wondrous ways to help itself function properly, and doing shit it doesn't want to do is bad for your overall stress levels,so your brain says no way and diverts you away
>>
>>35486161
>tfw 10 word paper due in 5 years. how fucked am i /b/?

seriously though, i do this too. i'm not sure how much of a problem it is, as long as you can produce some sort of finished product.
>>
>>35486619
Thankfully it's only a rough draft. Unfortunately I don't have the money to print it at the library meaning I have to finish it at home instead of using the time I have between classes. Maybe I could bring my laptop and tell the professor my printer's not working.
>>
>>35486521
Story of my life.

Literally had to charisma my way out of a seminary I had about the fucking catholic fraternity campaign bullshit in my religion studies class because my lazy ass spent 1 month procrastinating instead of making a good slideshow.

The worst part is I got more than most people who brought slides and actually talked about meaningful shit instead of spewing out mildly thematic BS and normie jokes.

My teacher is a fucking chump for giving me more than the average to pass. Dunno how he managed to somehow ignore all my irresponsibility and nonsensical speaking.
>>
>>35486161
im wayy too good at convincing myself that i have everything under control
>>
>>35487776
This.

I've failed last year because I thought having 3 more chances meant I could fail twice more and magically succeed in the last one. I didn't.

At least I'm cruising through everything and having actual fun talking to people instead of always having a heavy conscience because muh psychics test and shit.
>>
>>35487884
at some point it catches up to you though. thats how last year was for me and i just ended up really depressed
>>
>>35486161
Have you tried making a schedule everyday? And then, once you make a schedule you have to keep telling yourself that you have the mind of Christ and wisdom of God. That's what I do, and when I do it, it helps.
>>
>>35487988
You'll push through buddy.

Life has magically funny moments, and you have to be alive to witness those, and when you do, everything before them will seem like nothing, and all of the bad shit that happened will turn into nothing but a scratch for a while.

Just stay cool and never give up on trying to be proactive and self improving. Thats how I managed yo do some shit on time and well, which in turn is leading me to getting a promotion in this little store I work in while I go to college. Keep rocking.
>>
I only procrastinate school related stuff.

Probably because I hate school and just want a nice job. Whenever I'm at work and I'm given a task, I do it IMMEDIATELY because I know I'm getting paid.

I know school will (probably) pay off eventually, but fuck me I just don't want to do anything because there's no immediate benefit.
>>
File: 1442885603380s.jpg (6KB, 229x250px) Image search: [Google]
1442885603380s.jpg
6KB, 229x250px
>leave everything till the last day
>never check my marks
>always have classmates asking what I got
>"I did okay"
>>
>>35488443
The thing is to most people its not because whatever thingie youre procrastinating has no immediate benefit. Its mostly because it costs energy and willpower which you could use for literally almost anything else which you actually want to do instead of said work.
Just that is enough to demotivate any procrastinator to death.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.