[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>tfw mom died and now I have no health insurance what should

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 8

File: 1367838253163.jpg (22KB, 292x292px) Image search: [Google]
1367838253163.jpg
22KB, 292x292px
>tfw mom died and now I have no health insurance
what should I do?
Just ignore it? I don't really have any pressing conditions or issues
>>
>>35482255
Start to fear the doc. I havent gone in 5+ years never needed it. Start ironicly pretending the doctors are a jewish conspiricy and they infect you with things to keep you coming back.

Alternatively im sure you would qualify for medicaid/obamacare
>>
Health is an profitable industry like any other and they profit over routine "checkups" and prescribing you shit you don't need. You unironically shouldn't go to the doctor unless you have some crippling symptoms that prevent you from functioning.
>>
File: yxa9ecc7qzky.png (90KB, 1456x454px) Image search: [Google]
yxa9ecc7qzky.png
90KB, 1456x454px
>>35482255
Where do you work where they dont provide it?
>>
>>35482332
Good advice because people will think you're schizo and give you neetbux + free health insurance
>>
>>35482332
I was looking into that and it says you need to be above 65 or be on social security disabilty for 2 years. I'm sure I must be missing some thing because I'm sure that makes it useless for the vast majority of people, but that's all I could find regarding the requirements.

>>35482390
I work at full time student in university.
They're probably going to make me buy the student insurance for 1,500 next year if they remember to ask about it. Well, hopefully I'll have a job when I graduate next year so I just have to hold out for a year.

I thought they'd give your dependants at least a year if you die, but nope, insurance for everyone under her stops the moment she died.
>>
>>35482654
Its medicaid or medicare i forget which its confusing one is for seniors the other is for neets and low income. CA calls it medical. It was easy to get on it took like a 20 min call and a few hours for them to verify no income. I have it as a back up but i never go to the doctor.
>>
>>35482766
Medi-cal* just google free healthcare + your state. If you have a job you qualify for low cost obama care depending on income.
>>
INFP
I want to kill myself sometimes but not always
>>
>>35482969
God damnit wrong thread
>>
>>35482969
Holy fuck I'm laughing my ass off
>>
File: finland_is_the_true_rome.png (367KB, 1600x1954px) Image search: [Google]
finland_is_the_true_rome.png
367KB, 1600x1954px
>>35482255
Sorry, I'm not a cucked Amerifat who has to worry about problems like this. Get single-payer and you won't have to worry about this shit.
>>
>>35482766
>>35482823
Oh thanks it's medicaid
Guess I'll get on this, I don't care about the doctor but I like getting my teeth cleaned.
>>
File: fefe.jpg (45KB, 450x470px) Image search: [Google]
fefe.jpg
45KB, 450x470px
Obamacare is absolutely motherfucking retarded. I quit my job 2 months ago. Tried to get medicaid (Ohio) but it was incredibly difficult process so I said "fuck it." I have over $10,000 in savings and could easily buy a fucking normal health plan, but I'm literally not allowed to because my income is zero. My ONLY choice is medicaid. You could have $10,000,000 in the bank and dumbshit Obama would make you get Medicaid if you have no income. Can't wait til Obama's shitty little "legacy" is repealed.
>>
>>35483444
Health insurance does not cover dentistry. You have to get dental insurance for that. The government does not help with dental insurance.
>>
>>35483449
This so much, everyone loves it but its too stagnant.
>>
>>35483466
>https://www.health.ny.gov/health_care/medicaid/#definition

But here it says
>treatment and preventive health and dental care (doctors and dentists)
I was assuming cleaning/checkups would count as preventive care.

>>35483449
What's the difference?
>>
File: Nelson_Ha-Ha.jpg (25KB, 400x373px) Image search: [Google]
Nelson_Ha-Ha.jpg
25KB, 400x373px
>I want to kill myself sometimes but not always
>>
>>35482255
Obamacare requires you by law to have health insurance or you have to pay a couple thousand dollar fine. You are completely fucked unless the Republicans repeal it.
>>
File: maxresdefault2.jpg (661KB, 800x963px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault2.jpg
661KB, 800x963px
>>35483586
The difference is that I can't get medicaid. The process is too insane. In Ohio, they literally assign a person to look into your case, and they INVESTIGATE you for 45 DAYS to decide if you legit need medicaid or not. No shit, you have to prove so many different things, and you have to document EVERY. CENT. you have received in the past 6 months, cash or bank account. That's how cautious they are with the taxpayer money.

But if you just fucking pay money for your health insurance, all is well. You prove you are not taking advantage by paying money. So now I'm SITTING HERE WITH NO HEALTH INSURANCE AND NO WAY TO GET HEALTH INSURANCE. BECAUSE OF BARACK "DUMBFUCK" OBAMA. IF I GET STREP THROAT TOMORROW, I WILL LITERALLY HAVE TO SIT IN MY APARTMENT AND DIE FROM IT.
>>
File: 1447379336913.jpg (97KB, 500x641px) Image search: [Google]
1447379336913.jpg
97KB, 500x641px
>>35482255
sorry for your Ross.
if you don't have any pressing conditions don't bother. if you can, get a job that provides insurance just in case
>>
>>35483785
>don't want to spend a small amount of taxes on working people
>spends over 780 million enforcing pot laws

WHY was I born in this shitty country
>>
>>35483449
>>35483785
So wait you just can't buy health insurance at all? This isn't making sense and I can't really find anything that says you're not allowed to buy health insurance if you're income is zero.
>>
>>35483925

Because they need to please the old voters and /pol/tards. That means stop dudeweedlmao and make healthcare for poorfags impractical.
>>
File: sad_frog.jpg (87KB, 736x748px) Image search: [Google]
sad_frog.jpg
87KB, 736x748px
>>35484025
Correct, I cannot buy health insurance at all. Medicaid is my only option. The reason is the following:

- Because of Obamacare the ONLY way to get health insurance is through healthcare.gov
- You go on healthcare.gov, fill out the application, and then healthcare.gov tells you your options
- MOTHERFUCKING HEALTHCARE.GOV DOES NOT ASK YOU IF YOU HAVE ANY SAVINGS AT ALL. IT ONLY ASKS YOUR MONTHLY INCOME.
- So if you are between jobs, and you tell healthcare.gov that your monthly income is ZERO, healthcare.gov gives you ONE MOTHERFUCKING CHOICE: MOTHERFUCKING MEDICAID

I HAVE ENOUGH MONEY TO BUY HEALTH INSURANCE, I DONT WANT TO USE THE WELFARE SYSTEM UNNECESSARILY, NOR CAN I EVEN NAVIGATE THE AWFUL PROCESS OF GETTING MEDICAID. I dont want to fucking die
>>
>>35484150
Oh i dunno man make a dollar on the stock trade each month or something
>>
>>35484150
You can buy a health plan directly through an insurance company. You just cannot get it subsidized so its full price and will likely be 800$ or more because obama care fucked everything. Its fucking complicated but thats how it works at least for me and CA. Healthcare.gov gives you insurance plans that are subsidized based on income if you have 0 you do go into medicare. You can also always just offer to pay out of pocket no doctors office will say no.
>>
My parents had medi-cal but after they started their food truck business, they had to report some income and now we make too much to qualify for medi-cal. Now I have no insurance and have to settle for shitty bottom of the barrel care at local neighborhood family clinics which sucks because I need a dental check up (been spitting out a lot of bloody saliva and have plaque build up on one of my molars) and health check ups for my chronic chest pain and headache issues that wont go away. I cant even qualify for medi-cal on my own because Im a college student being supported by my family so my only options are insurance. But insurance is too fucking expensive where average plans cost 300-500 dollars per person.

I fucking hate the abomination of our shitty health care system. I envy yuropoors who dont need to worry about choosing medical treatment over being fucked in the ass with bills.
>>
>have cancer or something serious

>die because cant afford healthcare

Amerilards.
>>
>>35485193
Culls the herd
>>
I dont understand any libcuck who defends Obongocare. It literally fucks over the middle class poor in favor of the degenerate poor (beaners, ghetto nogs etc) who get free shit on our dime.
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.