[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Food delivery app jobs

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 3

File: image.jpg (9KB, 275x183px)
image.jpg
9KB, 275x183px
Any robots do food delivery app work like postmates doordash or ubereats?

I feel like it would be a good robot job, im a NEET but I really need some money
>get to drive around in your car and listen to comfy podcasts and music
>night driving is the most comfy feeling ever for me
>minimal interaction with the public except for picking up and dropping off
>make your own hours and not have to deal with a boss

Any robots do this? What can you make on average?
>>
probably get paid utter shit which is why only pajeets do these jobs. unless you're a NEET with paid housing there's no reason to do it really.
>>
its a good job to practice talking you should do it but your money comes from tips
>>
>>35479246
Yeah I notice its always some pajeet, Ballmeet, abubakar or a negress. >>35479268
Is it really tips only? I thought uber gibes you just a cut based on time and distance or something no tips. Postmates I thought was tip and a % of delivery fee which can range from like 2-20$ for some resturants.

My roomate is moving out and i need extra moneys. Mommy pays for my apartment but only enough to cover my share of rent. I dont have any prospects for roomates and dont want to chance a chad or normie on craigslist
>>
>>35479128
I work at food delivery but it's a family bussiness (my older brother who is basically the owner, her girlfriend, my mom and me work together, until he takes some employees at least). Sadly I have to do it on bike, hopefully getting a motorbike.At least I work for my family and not a jew boss.
>>
>>35479128
I used to do it last Summer. It was a pretty robot gig. Only stopped because of the colder weather. I did it on my bike, if you're considering doing it from a car you're gonna cuck yourself. Get a nice bike or moped.
>>
>>35479246
I just signed up for it after seeing this thread.

Grubhub apparently will pay you to 12 bucks an hour assuming you dont make it yourself

After factoring in paying for your own gas thats probably around 10 bucks an hour assuming there's always work.

Which doesnt factor in wear on the car.

However I really need the money bad.
>>
>>35480381
If you're in uni try tutoring. Gives good money and you do it online through tons of apps
>>
>>35480514
>tfw brainlet
I am also unorigi
>>
>>35479748
I live in Los Angeles and shit is spread out big time. I cant imagine trying to bike to santa monica and back to say within an hour.
>also no bike
>also fat
I can imagine a bike is the preferred method in NYC or Chicago
>>35479564
I used to do pizza delivery when i was 20. Shit was fun. I used to pretend I was han solo making spice deliveries for jabba
>>
>>35480986
Are you saying that there is not one subject that you excel at?
>>
>>35481143
Yeah, I live in a city that's pretty friendly for bikes so it was easy for me. It's absolutely not worth it to do it by car, after gas and car wear costs you will be raking in significantly less than min wage.

Look into getting a moped maybe. They usually get like 100 mph, are ez to fix and even if it does break irreparably they're relatively cheap.
>>
>>35481413
Unless they have tutors for art but its a shit tier subject
>>
>>35481143
Lol I used to do this too, it's incredibly autistic but makes a shit job fun. Drive fast pretending to outrun imperial blockades. My boss was a very fat dumb Italian and made the perfect Jabba. He fucked me over on a 100$ tip on a very large catering order I had to do myself on Super Bowl Sunday. The guy put the extra hundred in the check and said its for me. Turn it in, Boss says he will pay it out at end of night we were really busy and I had to run back out. End of night comes and he shorts me the 100$ When I cash out calls me a liar and says no one in their right mind would tip me 100$ We argued I left and never went back too scared of further confrontation. Fuck stupid italian pizza niggers.
>>
>>35480514
>in college
I'm a 25 year old neet. fuck off, people that go to college aren't robots.
>>
>>35479128
I should do this
>>
File: 1488924347270.gif (2MB, 255x191px) Image search: [Google]
1488924347270.gif
2MB, 255x191px
>>35479128
Okay, let me just get together the 64 billion pounds I would need to be able to afford to insure my car as a work vehicle

>bruh just drive it on normal insurance
No because that's fucking stupid
>>
I'm thinking of doing Ubereats on my way home from my full-time job for some passive income, but do you actually make any money off it, or is the money you """make""" eaten up in the extra gas and wear and tear on your car?
>>
>>35479128

I'd love to do these but none of them are in my area. Right now I deliver pizzas for pizza hut, and it's okay, but I get only 20-22 hours a week and I wish I could do something like this on my days off.
>>
>>35483034

I'm on work insurance and it only costs me a little over $50 a month.
>>
File: 1487285962697.jpg (67KB, 602x709px) Image search: [Google]
1487285962697.jpg
67KB, 602x709px
>>35483255
It's not like that in England. If you have been driving for less than 5 years insurance is thousands of pounds a year (unless you fiddle it and go on your parents policy) and you can basically double it if you want to use your car as a work vehicle

Also if you are caught without insurance or with the wrong type of insurance, the Gestapo will SWAT your house and through you in a Gulag in Dartmoor for a thousand years, because enforcing traffic laws is seen as much more important than preventative patrolling.
>>
>>35483351
shit, *throw
>>
>>35479128
Take a look at this article robots.
http://therideshareguy.com/how-much-money-did-i-make-driving-for-postmates/

This guy details his experiences with postmates as well as a bunch of other apps

His night netted about 12$/hr and he figured about 9/hr after car expenses. Its a pretty involved article. Seems confusing like you have to schedule shifts you cant just turn the app on when you feel like it i think but I just scanned through that part.

He concluded that uber and lyft pay him more but thats dealing with normies in your car.

I guess my only problem would be feeling anxious about parking at a crowded as fuck resturant and being in a city like can you dbl park quickly to pick up food? Makes me anxious thinking about circling around looking for a spot.
>>
>>35483496
This was a good read. Seems a little low to be worth the effort but people in the comments said they made more like 34$ in a 2 hour shift or 70$ in a 4 hour shift so it probably fluctuates a lot.
>>
>>35483496
Is this figure before taxes? I guess you gotta what report your earnings? I do not know how this shit works!

I guess i would be afraid of losing my free insurance if i start making money. I dont know how any of this shit works.
>>
>>35484174
Please advise asking for a friend!
>>
>>35481691
>End of night comes and he shorts me the 100$ When I cash out calls me a liar and says no one in their right mind would tip me 100$ We argued I left and never went back too scared of further confrontation. Fuck stupid italian pizza niggers.

If you had recorded what he said, you could have had him busted for theft of that tip.
>>
>>35484748
Had I only had the foresight to assume he would fuck me. Now I know the various machinations of the normie to screw robots over.
>>
>>35484547
Pls gelp

Stop looking at trap threads desu
>>
>>35485229
It's not tax free if thats what you're asking.
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.