[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do secular humanists cope with death?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 5

File: IMG_3839.jpg (853KB, 1793x2241px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3839.jpg
853KB, 1793x2241px
How do secular humanists cope with death?
>>
File: 1462250080455.jpg (127KB, 768x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1462250080455.jpg
127KB, 768x1024px
>>35475755
>How do secular humanists cope with death?
by welcoming the end
>>
>>35475755
They dont

They are all brain dead sjws and liberals who want everyone to be nice to them so they dont have to face the reality of the grave.

>>35475770
Edgy nihilists are not really secular humanists tho. Secular humanists are specifically atheists of the liberal dipshit variety
>>
Why does that chihuahuas left arm look like a beagle's?
>>
>>35475755
The only time I had a preoccupying fear of death, was when I was younger. I was raised religiously, American religious, hellfire and brimstone.

Looking at life and death, and morality, and religion, all in vast, secular, practical and historical terms, gave me a sense of great peace, and much greater appreciation for religion.

I'm convinced that, if the atheist, the humanist, the nihilist, could all look at this in such a way, not only would they cease to fear death, but they would cease to hate religion.
>>
File: the ubermensch.png (125KB, 934x770px) Image search: [Google]
the ubermensch.png
125KB, 934x770px
>>35475755
By not being a weak faggot.
>>
>>35475755
Death is inevitable. The endless abyss outside of time and sensation sounds like a comfy end. Every organism in the history of earth has gone through it, I'm not so special as to see myself as an exception.

Death sounds nice, its the dying part that scares me.
>>
meditate on it's inevitability and absoluteness and whatnot , think about the cycle of life and your place within it and the universe, think about the next generation and the legacy you'll leave behind, try to attain world peace
>>
File: 22.jpg (130KB, 600x375px) Image search: [Google]
22.jpg
130KB, 600x375px
Life actually seems worthwhile compared to the void from which I came and to the nothing that I will return as the electrical impulses in my nervous system fade. I even appreciate the suffering, as it will eventually end.
>>
File: 1437340360722.jpg (71KB, 448x597px) Image search: [Google]
1437340360722.jpg
71KB, 448x597px
i dunno about that label but i'm guessing you mean people who don't believe in afterlife or spirituality or any of that shit? If so it does cloud my mind some times but i know that after it happens i wont have to worry about it anymore, i wont be sad that I'm dead after I'm dead, because i'm dead, so then i just move on with my life.
>>
It's an inevitable part of life and being scared of it is retarded. When it actually happens you won't care because you'll cease to exist.
>>
>>35475755
The same way _______ cope with death.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.