[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why are computer science majors so ridiculed? It seems out of

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 193
Thread images: 28

File: dij.jpg (106KB, 954x724px) Image search: [Google]
dij.jpg
106KB, 954x724px
Why are computer science majors so ridiculed?

It seems out of all the subjects one can study, CS seems to be the one that most people have little respect for.
>>
Cause it is filled with autism. You need autism to learn to program.
>>
Because cs for them is a guy who only fix computers.

Normalfags are retarded.
>>
>>35471893
>It seems out of all the subjects one can study, CS seems to be the one that most people have little respect for.

that and biology, I agree
why?

because people who study CS do not care about CS.

For example, let's take geology. EVERY geology major has at least some interest in geology, maybe they want to become a geologist. They are interested in the course material.

Computer Science students aren't like that - the major has become nothing more than a "STEM business" major for 90% of the students inside of it.

Many people see CS as the fast track to an ok job, with a relatively high starting salary. If an "iPhone app development" course was offered over more real CS courses like efficient algorithms or computer security or something, people would take it

The same is true for premed students, they really couldn't give less of a fuck about their courses. They get As because they need As for med school, that's all.

In conclusion, they are fake, empty people who have no good reason to be in the degree they are in other than "I want to make ok money some day"
>>
>>35471952

Or for video games. But that's actually true, 50% of cs students are in it for the video games, hence the high drop off rates.
>>
File: 1462073617531.jpg (71KB, 565x487px) Image search: [Google]
1462073617531.jpg
71KB, 565x487px
>>35471893
that being said I respect CS/Math students
>>
>>35471983

You can say this about most vocational subjects.

Geology, math, physics, fuck even the social sciences are there for people interested in its topics.

Law, medicine, dentistry etc. aren't. They're for a career. But somehow these are considered prestigious.

Computer Science is a mix. You might be in it for the theory, or because you want to start an app business.

Now why is it okay to want to be a lawyer but not a programmer?
>>
File: intelligent1.jpg (263KB, 764x551px) Image search: [Google]
intelligent1.jpg
263KB, 764x551px
>>35471983
This is very true. I am a CS major and this is my mentality. Actually, I was told by an old but brilliant professor at my university that CS is the "new premed." He actually advised me to drop CS because I "wouldn't be able to handle it." He's somewhat right but I honestly don't give a shit. It's better than anything else I've studied.

Additionally, you're so fucking spot on about the "iPhone app development course" because I am in a "Software Engineering" course which basically just teaches you Android development and management principles.

As much as I hate myself, I was pressured into studying something that is known to be easily profitable. I don't live in the best part of town and have little money and my high school tries to STEM the shit out of students so their reputation goes up, even though they are bad at it.

My question to you is: why is going into CS (or any major) for the money so bad?

Think about it. How much information does an average libtard remember after college? It's really all about the experience of being in university and getting into the mindset of working hard. For a CS major like myself, I am building practical skills that will be used in the workplace. The difference between myself and a self-taught programmer is that the latter does not usually think like a computer scientist. He will not know how to make beautiful code firsthand. He will not know why certain algorithms work; he just studied them for the interviews.

Yes, the theory part of CS is very important. But from what I know, isn't it just trying to make things "go faster?" The importance is obvious, but you can't blame CS majors for not being wholly interested in that. The bitterness directed at software engineer-oriented people is completely stupid in my opinion. The reason being, as said before, is that anyone can be a code monkey, but being a good software engineer requires a work ethic and knowledge base only a good education can give you.
>>
normans don't respect cs because they think it's IT. I went to my schools career service center a few months ago to see they could help me apply for some internships and they tried to get me to apply for part time jobs repairing printers and doing over the phone pc troubleshooting.
>>
>>35471893
Simply put, you can't show a normie why your work is worth a damn. A teacher can speak in their language or translate something for you, an engineer can tell you why that building is shit, a doctor can give you the correct medicine and fix that bone, etc.
How do you show your grandma where your money comes from? The most tangible thing you can do is fix a pc, but that's not CS.
>>
>tfw only taking IT because my parents forcing me
my life path is a meme
>>
>>35471893
A: apparently it must have something to do with your diminutive genitalia...

Even wayward, truant, inbred flying squirrels are well aware that one must take a penis size examination to apply for computer science class...

If your penis is too big, you cannot study computer science and everybody knows that...

So it's less than ironic that YOU have a better chance at being a computer science student than those exact same flying squirrels, who laugh behind your back....
>>
Note to self:

Dear Johnny,
Next time you system reformat and repartition, be sure that your name is in the name field before leaving a humorous post on somebody's thread....
.... and by the way... That flying squirrel thing was hilarious !
>>
Sure you might eventually have a career writing monotonous strings of code for the next shoe Warehouse app, but at least my penis is bigger than yours

Not to mention, I've got nuts
>>
>>35471952
CS is mostly a bunch of retards who cant fix a computer

>my job is tell them they are wrong

>be me
>talk to big company comp tech
>he makes 100 an hour
>issues with attaining website
>ask him to try another dns
>says works
>calls back 5 hours later
>same probleme
>colleague ask him what dns is
>never changed it
>company down that whole time
>CEO calls to give us the 27 000 bill
>talks to me
>fires comp tech same day

This is a normal happening
>>
File: --F6TrVM.jpg (32KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
--F6TrVM.jpg
32KB, 400x400px
>>35472005
Thank you anon, that made me feel all warm and loved inside.
>>
>>35473003

IT != CS

orginali
>>
>>35473017
That's weirdest attempt at photo shopping a guys face into a female elf image I've ever seen...

Creepy
>>
>>35471939
Cause it is filled with autism. You need autism to learn to program.

/thread
>>
>>35473003
Agreed

Most of my buddies who are 'geniuses' at CS end up answering the phones for bullshit online companies, reminding 80 year olds that they have to turn their computers on for them to 'work'.....

What's your favorite size tit?

Just curious....

Because big tits are SO GROSS

and i LOVE berating guys who say big tits are hot......
>>
>>35472061

>Lawyers aren't interested in law
>Doctors aren't interested in medicine

Do you have any proof, anon?
>>
>>35473202
It's so adorable how you literally FORCE yourself to include the term 'autistic' into every worthless post you create.

In fact, your posts have no value whatsoever, other than your forced, uncomfortable, unnecessary inclusion of the 'ever-so-important' trendy catchphrase keyword AUTISM....

too bad you have absolutely NO actual clinical knowledge or even basic understanding what the technical definition of 'autistic' truly is....

If you DID know what 'autism' really was, by the clinical DSM definition, you wouldn't be able to force it into any of your vapid posts...

So....

In summary....

Do you mimic everybody's behavior or just the behavior of other similarly uneducated idiots who said around parrotting misunderstood trendy catch phrases, in order to try to fit in and look like they are part of some 'clique'?....

I bet your sexlife is AMAZING, right?...

The uneducated, copycat, effeminate, trend following STUD, right?
>>
>Lawyers aren't interested in law
>Doctors aren't interested in medicine

Yet
>faggots ARE interested in pretending they have a magical understanding of what lawyers and doctors are interested in
>>
RE: CS

I liked Photoshop better before the bullshit 'you have to purchase the entire Creative Suite' ripoff deal
>>
>>35471893
>enter computer survey course sophomore year of college
>filled with mostly cs majors, i am an english major
>dude in fedora is blasting dragonforce for 10 minutes while waiting for professor to show up
>leave class
>drop class
>take introductory computer class for the easy computer credit
>>
RE: CS

isn't child scorn illegal, or at least vaguely unethical ?
>>
>>35473355

I can answer the doctor part. If you're truly interested in medicine, you specialize in a particular branch of medicine, rather than become a general doctor, the kind that takes kids temperatures and prescribes old people arthritis medicine. The vast vast majority of med students become the latter -- physicians (or those that don't quality still usually work in clinics/hospitals). Less than 1% go into medicine sciences to further medicine or study particular aspects of it.

Now you may say that those that became doctors actually enjoy medicine, but nobody will buy that, since practicing medicine is mostly doing the same old mundane shit every day like telling fat people to eat less and diagnosis headaches.
>>
>>35473377

Dude are you high? Flying squirrels and now this?
>>
>>35473455
QUEST SHUN:

was it REALLY a fedora ?....

Could it have possibly been a different kind of hat that just looked kind of vaguely similar to a fedora ?

Do you think its possible it was one of those Gilligan Island type of fishermans hat with too much starch on the brim, or maybe a British Derby who's brim had just been beat up so badly with wear and tear that it lost its curl and distinctively effeminate British charm, or maybe even a really bad ass customized souped up baseball hat ?

.... because the fedora thing is kind of gay........

And everybody knows it computer science majors are extremely extremely masculine and studly
>>
>>35473503
ANSWER : usually, yes
>>
>>35473549

I'm new to this board, are you a frequent poster? Should I know your name?

You are definitely on some kind of amphetamine. I mean you sound drunk but you type too fast and accurately to be drunk.
>>
It's "boring". CS is a pathway towards many different interesting and exciting careers, but it's also a roadblock in itself because the courses are almost entirely rigorous math classes. A degree in Mathematics and CS overlap very much.

It's confused with "Programming degree" and described the same. But, it's not nearly as accessible as actual programming. Biology is almost the same thing, as you're supposed to learn all the "boring" stuff before you can get to the interesting stuff.
>>
>>35472241

Work ethic is developed in school: if you don't have it by university then the chances of developing it during are even lower.

Self-education today is more productive, efficient and accessible than ever. University places a lot more weight on self-study and doing things yourself outside lecture hours. The academic experience of most majors can be condensed to a simple reading list.
Pretty much the only thing university gives you is the credentials for various formalities and also networking opportunities with people from your field.
>>
We do dijkstras algorith at age 16/17 in the UK in maths.
>>
>>35473601
I think the whole self-education idea is extremely simplified. Most people don't have the drive to self-study if need be. That's why whenever anyone says "I'm going to learn a language" I laugh a bit. And I mean any language, not just limited to programming. University provides you with the motive to study, as well as a general direction of what to study. You won't get good connections as a NEET. Professors, on-campus recruiting, friends, and networking events are also part of the college experience and can land you better opportunities, but you're overlooking the education itself.

In university, you are given programming assignments. If you go to a good uni like me, your assignments take many hours to complete. Oftentimes, the assignments cannot be completed in a single day.

The fucktards on this website who make posts saying "I think I'm gonna start programming" are usually over their heads. Not to say self-taught programmers are not successful. Those who are self-taught and actually do it well can land salaries just as high as those with a BA. The process is harder and more stressful. You can hardly get any help and you need to find a way to force yourself to learn and make the knowledge stick.
>>
>>35473568
Hello...

My name is Johnny Neptune...

Nice to meet you...

I actually have hypomania, which is also known as the 'creative' gene...

I'm here to entertain myself, obviously

I've been doing this for almost 25 years, since before they called the darknet 'the internet'

In fact, this coming April 21st, I am going to be celebrating my world famous amazing TWENTY FIFTH ANNIVERSARY of me inventing what is now currently refer to as 'internet trolling'.....

Please feel free to join me here on April 21st as their will be free prizes and rides for the kids and giveaways and contest and balloon animals and strippers
>>
>>35472241
> My question to you is: why is going into CS (or any major) for the money so bad?

As someone who loves the field, who programmed since being a kid and with 10 years of workplace experience, I can only tell you that I've never seen one of your types be good at their job. They can be successful professionally (workplaces are hardly meritocracies), but they never reach the level of a master of the art.
>>
>>35473726

I am in old computer guy

Hold on a minute let me rephrase that

I'm in old guy

I'm 53teen years old, and I cut my teeth on old school computers.

I remember the day my brother brought home the first color monitors from Scientific Atlanta, Inc., where he worked building them.

I taught myself everything I know, in every aspect including computers. I talked myself how to do full blown 3D animation back on the old Commodore Amiga... like I said I'm in old school computer guy...

But I'm not going of those dickweed 'computer programmer' dudes... as my wife so eloquently just stated, I'm just a dickweed.....

I'm a Professional Illustrator.
I'm completely self trained.
I did my first magazine cover illustration at age 12.
I've never taken in art class in my life.
No way !!! Fuck No !
However, I have fielded 3 offers to teach Art College, all of which I turned down.

I have also extensively studied internal medicine my entire life...

EXTENSIVELY....

I did the same thing with pharmacology and psychology...

In fact, I dropped out of school in the 8th grade...

(my WISC-R4 score was..... stellar)

I can't stand people who think the only things that you learn are the things they shovel at you in school...

I never started learning until I started teaching myself.

Self taught is the only way to go
>>
>>35473726
I think you're underestimating self-teaching. It can be much easier than taking a four month course and being expected to learn then regurgitate it all on a test. A professor's office hours are usually better than what a good google search or question can help solve, but that seems to be the only advantage as far as the actual education is concerned. It's cynical to believe that nobody is genuinely trying to learn a language, because people are actually doing it all of the time with success.

Honestly, the only good teacher is a math teacher and that's just because they can solve problems you couldn't solve on your own with shown work. The only real advantage are the connections, and the majority of students tend to be busy with work and studying so that can be challenging in itself.
>>
>>35473847

> My question to you is: why is going into CS (or any major) for the money so bad?

My question to you is: why did you think 'for the money so bad?' was a coherent string of syntax ?
>>
>>35473884

I've never seen someone be so blatantly insane on the internet before.
Not even as a joke.
This guy is genuinely terrifying.
>>
Because the programs have been so watered down to accodomate normie retards because STEM IS SUPER IMPORTANT GUYS XDDD that anybody can pass.

It's the one field you can hold a job in without knowing what the fuck you're doing at all.
>>
WHY SELF TAUGHT STUDENTS HAVE THE BEST TEACHERS :

they actually masturbate you during class
>>
>>35473923
Thank-you....

That's one of THE sweetest compliments I've ever received
>>
>>35473884

Please post one of your illustrations.

I want to see whether you are trying to communicate some kind of tangible reality to us or whether you're just a schizophasic.
>>
File: 148199843603.png (287KB, 836x1065px) Image search: [Google]
148199843603.png
287KB, 836x1065px
>>35471893
Nearly everyone I know who's going into/has gone into comp sci has no real interest in the field. They hear about easy employment and high paying jobs and then go into the field for the for lifestyle it can provide, without having any intellectual passion for the subject. They're basically the new engineers/doctors.

OR they do love comp sci, but then they're nearly always extremely autistic either in an animefag sort of way (just head to /g/) or a wannabe pseudo intellectual way. Look at the posts made by comp sci experts on Quora or the profiles of posters on StackOverflow if you need an example. I cringe so hard everytime. Whereas if you'd look at the profile of someone with a physics degree, they flaunt their intelligence much less and present themselves humbly.

These two observations are of course anecdotal, but I definitely notice it day to day. In fact, in the UK, comp sci has the highest dropout rate of any subject, presumably because so many people go into it thinking it's just going to be nonstop programming tasks, and then find out that they have to wade through modules like database management and network architecture.

I enjoy programming as a hobby and as a tool, but boy am I glad I decided to do a maths degree instead of a computer science.

pic related is not why but it's still funny when it happens.
>>
>>35473847

Care to share some stories? Of course, many people go straight into CS without prior experience, like most things in life. We directly have to compete with people like you (given you are going/went to college).

I'm just giving your statement a grain of salt because I think you're generalizing here. I don't know what the "art" is, as a good CS education is mainly understanding the theory. The majority of programming is self-taught anyway, given a background in the theory.

>>35473884
>>35473889
I'm not underestimating self-education by any means. As said, people with the willpower can do it. However in today's world that is hard. There are several obstacles. One is that it is harder to get by. If you are not in university, what are you doing? Usually, some shit wagecuck job where you get home late at night. The willpower and the effort you need to muster every day to study engineering is fucking tough.

I know people who have done it. There are people that do it poorly and there are people that do it better than the undergraduates. Another obstacle is that companies today generally want you to have a formal education. You can get contracted to do some wage programming but then you might get terminated after your work is done. Job security is way better after university. And again I will reiterate, willpower is a very hard thing to maintain. University will also provide you with research opportunities and advice from people who have worked in the industry for years. The problem with this is if you go to a shit university. I personally don't (top 10 uni) so this is why I'm arguing this way.

>>35473957

This is also a problem. My uni has watered down CS because it is in demand. However, no way in hell can "anybody" pass it. Most people drop it. They just watered it down to attract more libtards who hate their libtard majors. I am one of them but I am doing fine while others are suffering.
>>
>>35474038

When i was in school most of the kids that wanted to do medicine had no idea about chemistry or biology and just liked the thought of earning a lot of money.
>>
File: 20170312_144334.jpg (254KB, 756x1280px) Image search: [Google]
20170312_144334.jpg
254KB, 756x1280px
I have a son

His name is Jet Neptune

He's a dick

A total dick

I used to be ZZ TOPs Art Director at Warner Bros Records. The guitarist of ZZ TOP is The Rev. Billy Gibbons.
My son Jet was actually baptized backstage at a ZZ TOP concert by Billy Gibbons 18 years ago.

ZZ are no longer on the Warner Bros label. They are playing Tuesday night in Macon GA where Jet lives.

HERES THE PUNCHLINE:
I've decided not to take Jet

Wendy and i are taking a buddy of ours, Anthony, and his gf

Poor little Jet
>>
>>35471983
you're mostly correct with that statement but there are exceptions. I study CS just for fun. I always took a liking in engineering machines, building pcs, know how a cpu works, how to tweak it, ocing etc.
does this make me autistic?
>>
>>35474003
Hold on

I literally just repartitioned my drive

Literally

And my wife's asleep, so let me try to find something in cloud storage
>>
>>35474003
BTW, the clinical definition of schizoaffective disorder is symptomatically indicated by the belief that an external force is controlling ones existence

(religion, anyone?)

So nice try

But no cookie

I already explained I have hypomania
>>
>>35471893
It's very derivative and dependant on other fields.
You learn code but can't make a memory latch, don't understand kirchoff, and don't care. A microprocessor is a magic box.
Besides it being an absurdly over saturated field filled with poser laymen, that's why cs people get no respect for free.
>>
>>35474291
No, it makes you a good choice for a CS major

not the idiots who take CS because they have a great idea for "the next big thing"
>>
>>35474097
Agreed

Totally

Sympatico

I just like being the 'devil's advocate'
>>
>>35474291
yes it does make you autistic, but in a good way.
>>
>>35474097

Thinking back to my own experience, I think I'll concede to the points your make about university.
Self-education does indeed require considerable dedication and willpower, the internal drivers for which are, in a university setting, provided for by the general experience and "affect" of attending, as well as the various assignments and deadlines.
It immerses you in the field you are studying. mentally and physically, and makes it a tangible part of your life and routine by necessity. The result is that your mind becomes much more receptive and responsive to knowledge and understanding relevant to the field.

I would like to ask what you're doing on /r9k/ though.
You've left a very positive impression on me as a well-to-do, intelligent and insightful person.
>>
Because it's the newest meme field that everyone wants to get into because of its "high demand", and then they find out it's oversaturated with people like them, with no interest in the field and outsourcing to Indians and chinks
It's funny, these jobs were supposed to replace the ones removed by automation, and people are so desperate to get even an internship
We're very fucked
>>
>>35474396
I agree

He is indeed very smart and articulate and seems pretty cool
>>
>>35474323

>I already explained I have hypomania

I noticed that. Schizophasia is actually unrelated to schizoaffective disorder but instead often associated with mania.

"Schizophasia is usually associated with a manic presentation of bipolar affective disorder and other symptoms of serious mental illnesses, such as psychosis, including schizophrenia. It is characterized by an apparently confused usage of words with no apparent meaning or relationship attached to them."

You could plausibly be a schizophasic, albeit an extremely well-spoken, charming and witty one.
>>
>>35471893
Easier than engineering and pure sciences so it's not respected by them (inb4 codemonkeys start flinging poo at me)
Everyone else sees it as "fixin' compooter"
>>
File: 1458526349486.png (518KB, 500x720px) Image search: [Google]
1458526349486.png
518KB, 500x720px
>>35474337
Yea, it's actually kinda sad how many people are sitting in my course but don't share the same hobbies and interests even though there should be at least some similarities
>>35474389
Thanks for the compliment I guess.
>>
File: tmp_20526-PALS™ -2129433987.jpg (103KB, 680x519px) Image search: [Google]
tmp_20526-PALS™ -2129433987.jpg
103KB, 680x519px
Ballpoint pen doodle on crumpled typing paper
>>
>>35474396
Depending on university, the points previously made can falter. I know accredited institutions where the CS programs are complete shit. My uni's program is good... maybe even great, but it's not amazing nor stellar.

As to your question about what I'm doing on here: the same reason why most people are on here. I fucking hate my life and I haven't been happy in god-who-knows-how-long. Blah blah blah blah...

However if there's anything unique I can say about myself is that I try not to shitpost and rather create intellectual discussion here, even if it is about arbitrary chad/stacy shit.

This place needs more people like us.
>>
>>35474540

I think you've just become one of my favorite people.

I would like to see what you're like outside of your manic phase?
Will you wake up tomorrow completely exhausted and lethargic and think to yourself: "what kind of crazy shit did I do or say last night again"?
>>
File: BACK IN THE USSR ™.jpg (529KB, 1857x1506px) Image search: [Google]
BACK IN THE USSR ™.jpg
529KB, 1857x1506px
>>35474496
Labels, schmabels.....

I have always taken things for their face value, and never paid attention to trendy catchphrases or bullshit labels
>>
>>35471939
not true anymore, even CS and IT are infected with normies and chads now because muh moniez
>>
File: gZrQCy.png (138KB, 500x720px) Image search: [Google]
gZrQCy.png
138KB, 500x720px
>>35474533
here is your picture with the transparency removed
>>
>>35471893
CS guys are autists

IT is the normie version
>>
File: 18' tall exterior mural.jpg (91KB, 540x720px) Image search: [Google]
18' tall exterior mural.jpg
91KB, 540x720px
>>35474592
ANSWER: No

This is 24/7
>>
>>35472241
>The difference between myself and a self-taught programmer is that the latter does not usually think like a computer scientist. He will not know how to make beautiful code firsthand. He will not know why certain algorithms work; he just studied them for the interviews.

So wrong. In my experience it's mostly the CS major who studied for interviews/jobs. Most self-taught programmers I know studied it because it satisfied their autism. They are also the ones who get mad at other programmers for shitty code.
>>
File: 1453761198187.gif (374KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
1453761198187.gif
374KB, 640x480px
>>35471893
Who cares what people think of CS majors. Employers recognize the value of a good Software Dev and will pay for a very comfortable life style.
Also it's the only industry where when you read about, they try to keep their employees as happy as possible.
i.e In Google they have nap capsules, games, etc for the devs

But yeah, if you are on a date and tell her you are a software engineer, she won't give a fuck. As opposed to telling her you are a lawyer/doctor/etc where it'll actually make an impact.
>>
>>35474633
I'd like to hear a story why that is. I don't think most people who are in the self-taught circle do CS at all. I think they go on Leddit and search up bootcamps on how to start learning web development and OOP.
>>
>>35474547

What else are you interested in, other than computer science?
What do you spend your time doing?
>>
>>35474619
I have both versions but I like the transparent one more.
>>
>>35474674
You aren't "self-taught" if you attend bootcamps.
>>
>>35474616

>"normies and chads"

I think you meant autists and pajeets
>>
>>35474626

"Atlanta police are investigating reports that the man who's been going around town and trying to get unsuspecting people to rub his nipples is Johnny Neptune. For six months now, victims have been reporting that an odd man has caught them off guard, often popping his head out of garbage cans as they walk past, cursed at them, and begged them to "Please rub my nipples"...

This behavior has earned him the nickname 'Johnny The Grouch' while police have desperately tried to apprehend the man. He has also been reported to have tried negotiating with his victims, often offering to drink their vomit if they will address his nipple sensitivity issue.

One woman said "He told me he would let me shit in his face JUST to see the hole it fell out of"... A police sketch artist finished a rendition drawn from victim's descriptions, and as soon as it was completed, a local animal control officer instantly recognized it as Johnny Neptune.

"I met Johnny years ago when he would offer to have sex with dogs after we euthanized them. We would tell him that was against our policy, but when he offered to pay for it, we allowed Johnny to have access", said the animal control officer. "I should've known. Neptune would always rub Vicks Vapo Rub on his nipples and yell profanities as he prepared to rape the dogs' corpses. It made me so sick, I'd actually vomit, but Johnny always offered to drink it, then he'd climb into our garbage can."

Police have an All Points Bulletin out for Mr. Neptune and are currently searching the city, one garbage can at a time.

Further details as they become available."

And of course the post wasn't original. Somebody must have googled this guy when he appeared on /r9k/ and posted the contents of the top result.
>>
File: 1475678895296.jpg (78KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1475678895296.jpg
78KB, 1280x720px
>>35474638
instead of telling her your job, tell her how much you earn. I guarantee you she will put the wedding rings on your fingers than you could imagine
>>
>>35474707
I think the definition of self-teaching has changed over the years. If there is free material out there, people will get it. Youtube videos, textbooks, etc. Bootcamps are usually free[mium] but your willpower to actually go through it is all on you. There is no consequence for quitting. I think the line between self-taught and not self-taught is through apprenticeships, internships, and formal education. Sorry if I was unclear.
>>
File: 1489346538656.jpg (895KB, 890x1280px) Image search: [Google]
1489346538656.jpg
895KB, 890x1280px
....and here's your fucking pic with Groucho glasses
>>
>>35474691

*sigh*

Not much, man. I'm not wholly interested in CS either. Remember, I was initially in it for the money. But I do have my own autism and I like creating things. I think I like it better for the engineering aspect. The theory is just starting to arouse me.

But other things? I don't know man. Maybe vidya, who knows. Comedy? Politics? Once I get some capital going, I might run for public office. I want to give back to my city if I ever leave this mental and financial anguish. It's a long road out of hell, friendo.
>>
>>35474816

Should have posted Hitagi meeting with Kaiki in Monogatari S2
>>
File: Screenshot_2015-11-24-10-59-58.png (1MB, 720x1280px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2015-11-24-10-59-58.png
1MB, 720x1280px
>>35474744
When I created the 'breaking news reporter' account many years ago, I was just feeling silly, and had no idea exactly how useful that article I created would become....

it ended up becoming a litmus test, separating the cool people who can take a joke from the uncool idiots to take everything so literally...

And as you have proven today... It's still working perfectly
>>
>>35474832
That, or maybe a bootleg reproduction of my Children's Pclassic 'RUMPLEFORESKIN'....

I love children... many of them are too stupid to dial 911
>>
>>35474824

I was hoping you'd say weeb stuff but honestly you don't sound like the type.
Especially when you mentioned running for public office and an internal sense of obligation to your city. That's a pretty tradcon mindset you have.
>>
>>35471893
I make 6 figures from my CS degree working at Microsoft
>>
>>35471983
>implying the whole point of college isnt just to land an ok job

Look at this faggot
>>
>>35474941

I'm not into weeb stuff. I watched a few animes here and there. NHK is one of my favorite shows of all time.

By no means am I a conservative. I grew up in a liberal Bernie-esque family. The only reason that I'd ever consider going into the public sector is because I only got to where I am right now because I got help along the way. I know far too many people who were on the brink of moving forward in life but made some sort of easily fixable mistake.

What about you, friendo?
>>
>>35475010
>implying the whole point of college isnt just to land an ok job

if you want it to be that way go ahead I suppose

you are gonna have a really poor time in college I think if you don't like learning when you are there
>>
>>35474882

Genius. Outplayed by Johnny Neptune.

I admit that I believed that the article could be real, but I also considered that "Johnny Neptune" could just be a memetic monicker used by several different people in various conditions of mania.
You can't prove that you are that same Johnny Neptune who is featured in/wrote that article from several years ago.
Some manic person could hear about Johnny Neptune and decide to appropriate that name for his own shenanigans.
>>
>>35475048
I agree with this statement and I'm the guy who was arguing for the sake of money. However, if you are a commuter student, that's a different story.
>>
>>35475048
Anon you responded too here:
I was just messing around in that last post. I actually dropped out of college two months ago because that mentality doesnt take you far in premed. Now im stuck in a mediocre office job checking orders online all day.
>>
>>35472680
>only tangible task is fixing a comp
The fuck are you talking about? How about writing software for video streaming, chat apps, or viddya?
>>
>>35473244
Big tits are hawt
>>
File: 2PDtlmE.png (206KB, 1052x1920px) Image search: [Google]
2PDtlmE.png
206KB, 1052x1920px
I think little of them because I think they don't understand the purpose of the major.

CS is for computer scientists. If you're into hard math that's supplemented by computer simulation, theoretical stuff having to do with computer logic, and the like, that's what CS is for. The major CAN be used for people interested in IT or programming, but it's an incredibly poor choice of major if either of those are your goal, and you're wasting your money and time. Unfortunately, that's what it seems most young ""nerdy"" types go into CS for.

If you're into IT or programming, you should either start studying Microsoft/CompTIA/Cisco certs and working a cell center gig, or start learning the languages you're interested in / making github contribs / building a portfolio. Wasting 4 years and thousands of dollars getting a CS degree for either of those things is unnecessary, and you look like a boob for trying.
>>
>>35475038

> NHK is one of my favorite shows of all time.

Holy shit. I've been watching anime for many years, NHK most recently, and that show immediately shot up to possibly my favorite of the medium.
Impeccable taste. Or at least from my perspective.

I'm a humanities person by education, although I fancy myself a generalist. I have an admiration for the hard sciences and would have perhaps liked to pursue a career in them, if only I didn't believe that they were too constrained within fields of very limited specialization.
I thought that dedicating myself to one narrow branch of science would be tedious.
As it stands I went into Oriental Studies, learnt Pashto, Dari and General/Afghan history, got my BA, and now I'm in an MA program.
There's nothing to do in the master's program, so I do odd-job translations for a translation firm, play piano, listen to music, watch anime, and attempt to force myself to read books on a variety of subjects (so far mostly a failing endeavor).

>because I only got to where I am right now because I got help along the way.

Isn't that a truism applicable to anyone and everyone? Or is your case special in the amount of help you received?
Also what do you mean by those people not moving forward in life due to some amendable mistake?

I was thinking I'd like to add you to some kind of private communication platform, but I'm really only interested in discussing obscure music and weeb-related stuff.
>>
>>35471939
Most of it is just problem solving and theory if you want to program become emotionally dead and do a software development course
>>
>>35474941
>Especially when you mentioned running for public office and an internal sense of obligation to your city. That's a pretty tradcon mindset you have.

Nothing sounds more liberal than me than wanting to give back to your community desu
>>
>>35474291
I am the same only minus the "muh gigahertz" and add reading books on math and computer theory
>>
>>35475532
That's pretty cool. Does it pay okay? Do you think it was a good idea to pursue the MA? You have pretty cool hobbies. I'd like to get around to playing piano at some point. What was your educational background like? You seem to be more sophistacated than a lot of robots here. Come to think of it, why are YOU on here?

>Isn't that a truism applicable to anyone and everyone? Or is your case special in the amount of help you received?

I was falling in a bad direction in high school but there were certain teachers that picked me up and put me in an intense program. Friends, family, and teacher connections got me to the uni I'm in... or at least I think. I honestly think that some people need more help than others. It's just pushing people in the right direction.

>Also what do you mean by those people not moving forward in life due to some amendable mistake?

Specifically in my high school experience. It's the kind of place where there's a big falling out and is comprised of mostly degenerate criminals, but the help is there to boost you into somewhere prestigious and opportunistic. I've had many close calls there, but had to work my ass off. Lots of friends could have made a better living for themselves if they knew some simple lifehacks and didn't pussy out of doing hard work.
>>
>>35474824
You should let me be creative director for your election campaign.

I've already developed a slogan for you :

"I'm relatively sure I might have gotten over the clinical depression, self loathing, and cavorting online with other social rejects 24/7 thing"

Needs work ?
>>
>>35475570

>Nothing sounds more liberal than me than wanting to give back to your community desu

If you spent less time worrying about the trendy DESU shit, you'd have more time for the PAYING ATTENTION TO YOUR SENTENCE STRUCTURE shit
>>
>>35474616

It really depends on the uni. I'm a CS major who transferred from an unknown to better known school and my class went from being 90-95% autistic males to 30-40% female and 30-40% normie/Chad males, with only small fraction being stereotypical neckbeard autists.
>>
File: BILLYGOAT LUCIFER™.png (946KB, 720x1280px) Image search: [Google]
BILLYGOAT LUCIFER™.png
946KB, 720x1280px
I can't prove anything

Never have

Never will

http://www.pornhub.com/video/search?search=johnny+neptune+fire

Oh yeah... About computer science-
Can someone tell me how to get porn on my Casio wristwatch ?
>>
>>35476130

> Does it pay okay?

Pretty mediocre actually. But on the other hand a lot of it is standardised police documents so lots of copy-pasting involved, which compensates.

> Do you think it was a good idea to pursue the MA?

Yeah, there were a few practical reasons for me to pursue it that were unrelated to the degree itself. Basically I look at it as buying time for myself in a way, and ease the transition to other things. I think it'll have been worth it in the end. I didn't manage to graduate with my country's equivalent of a first (due to the non-A grade on my BA thesis, despite A grades in everything else), so maybe this time around it'll work out.

>What was your educational background like?
Private male-only boarding schools.

>You seem to be more sophistacated than a lot of robots here.
Private male-only boarding schools.

>Come to think of it, why are YOU on here?
Private male-only boarding schools....
Girls and social life became alien constructs to me over time. Also that's when I became a loner.

Actually I'm pretty well-adjusted now. A while back I managed to get out of a lethargic rut I found myself in during a lot of my first 4 years in uni.

I left /r9k/ close to a year ago when the normie infiltration level reached obscene levels, and have pursued more sophisticated and healthy things which have improved my life and self-esteem by quite a lot.
But I decided to check this place out again for old times' sake a few days ago. Looks like I stayed a bit longer than I planned. I guess I don't mind the non-robots here that much any more; in fact it's quite fun.

If I could sum up why I'm here, then I would say that, basically, the outside world isn't all that interesting, only relatively small amounts of social interaction are really necessary to maintain sanity, and that /r9k/ is still the comfiest place on the web that resonates most with my interests and quite a few aspects of my personal world-view.
>>
>>35476821
>>35476130

In fact I would say that this thread has been very much like sitting with good friends in a comfy pub for me, or something like that.
And I just came back from an actual comfy pub with acquaintances today.
>>
>>35476354

>cavorting

excellent word. I'll need to remember that one.
>>
>>35471983

yeah, a lot of people who go in to CS don't do any programming on their own time just for the hell of it. They only do their assigned projects and never make an effort to delve deeper.

There's nothing really wrong with entering a field that you are passionless about though. Like other people said a lot of Doctors and Lawyers don't give a flying fuck about what they do and only want the money and prestige.

As long as you're smart and motivated enough to succeed in your career, you can find success.
>>
>>35474097
>However in today's world that is hard. There are several obstacles. One is that it is harder to get by. If you are not in university, what are you doing? Usually, some shit wagecuck job where you get home late at night.

Either you're working, going to uni, and self-teaching. Or you're just working and self-teaching. The former is what currently fills up the uni threads, the latter is easier but less advantageous. Either way works, but don't knock on self-teach just because it seems futile.
>>
this couldnt be further from the truth
>>
>>35473244
I love small tits oddly enough like b cups or low c is my sweet spot, I dont mind big tits... but not my first choice
>>
>>35477016
RE: computer science

I say when a woman has even medium sized breasts, give her eight to 10 years, and her nipples are going to be dragging on the sidewalk..

To me there's nothing sexier than a petite Hottie with really perky small tits, preferably with puffy nipples that point upward and outward like some kind of googly eyed face of a stuffed animal that you would win throwing a ball into a hoop at an amusement park, except this isn't a stuffed animal it's a perfect tiny set of tits...

God damnit! When I bought this Casio wristwatch it said state-of-the-art...

State-of-the-art my ass! I can't even watch any of the pornography that I downloaded, ruined, and reuploaded to pornhub.com/sexdrugsanddubstep
>>
>>35473377

Autism is even more overused than cuck on the internet these days.
>>
>>35477193

>To me there's nothing sexier than a petite Hottie with really perky small tits, preferably with puffy nipples that point upward and outward

Hear, hear.

Johnny Neptune knows what's up.

How's your sex life, by the way?
>>
>>35474296
>literally
>literally
like seriously, is this literal
>>
>>35477241
>Autism is even more overused than cuck on the internet these days.
Prove it
>>
>>35473579

I go to a high ranked CS uni and the first few courses are OO programming in Java. They don't get heavily in to the discrete math/data structures/algorithms until 3rd semester.
>>
>>35471893
There's a huge difference between people who works in the industry. Some are real engineers, but there's a lot of 40 year old moms who read html for dummies and now are your front end developer. Normal people don't understand the difference.
>>
File: PicsArt_11-29-12.55.09.png (576KB, 714x710px) Image search: [Google]
PicsArt_11-29-12.55.09.png
576KB, 714x710px
RE: QUANTUM COMPUTER SCIENCE

No matter if a woman has a perfect breasts or droopy breasts or disgustingly large breasts or miniscule tiny titties, there was a phase in their physical development where they became overly self-conscious about the budding event taking place on their chest.

This deep-set psychological state of uncertainty and self-doubt is forever ingrained in their psyche...

RE: self taught

I always walked into a nightclub and pick the hottest bitch in the entire bar, the one that everybody thinks will reject you, which is exactly why most people never really attempt with her...

... and if they do try to attempt with her they better be good because she has heard it all before....

... everything except my line...

Without giving her a second look I lean in on the bar next to her and order two Long Island Iced Teas, and without pausing I gently lean over and whisper in her ear, " it's really such a shame that you are so self-conscious about your breasts", and then I proceeded to pay for the drinks as if I never said anything at all...

100% TRUE

ABSOLUTELY TRUE

Trust me on this one... she's not going to let you walk away

"excuse me what did you just say?"

As I hand her one of the Long Island Iced Teas I introduce myself and look her directly in the eyes and begin listening to her life story and invariably I am emptying my testicles into that hot number within short order

Even if you don't have natural self confidence it's very easy to become an actor and play the role of yourself with self-confidence

It sure beats the feeling sorry for yourself and pity seeking self-loathing routine that turns every girl off

Try it one night

Just try it...

Stop telling yourself all of this negative "I can't do it because..." bullshit and JUST TRY IT, or better yet make up your own psychological triggers statement to get her attention

Girls are attracted to self confidence no matter what the guy looks like, no matter how much money he has, or dick size
>>
>>35477241
I'm glad you asked. And my answer is preeminent....

My sex life is... HOLD ON YOURE NOT THE ONE WHO ASKED ME ABOUT MY SEX LIFE !!!

>>35477251
That is an interesting observation and my retort is succinct... 'Autism' is the HOLD ON YOURE NOT THE ONE WHO MENTIONED KEK VS AUTISM

Can somebody teach me how to operate my Casio wristwatch? I think that it's messing up the thread
>>
>>35477363

I think you might be one of the few people in the world who understands life.
Have you ever tried putting pen to paper for the publishing house and writing a book?
>>
>>35475371

>Wasting 4 years and thousands of dollars getting a CS degree for either of those things is unnecessary, and you look like a boob for trying.

This is what everyone at my uni is doing and they all get very good offers. I have an offer in the 80's and feel inadequate as shit because there's so many classmates with six figure jobs
>>
>>35477363
pls go back to r/redpill with your fiction

this pick up artist bullshit is pathetic, even by r9k standards
>>
>>35476821
>>35476876

Fuck man... I'm a depressed junior who is VERY unfulfilled with the undergrad life. I don't want to "buy time" as most graduate students do. Should I I extend my graduation date a year so I can not unrealistically stuff myself with CS courses?
>>
>>35471939
>You need autism to learn to program
not quite, you need autism to be REALLY GOOD at programming.
>>
File: 1450736352409.jpg (203KB, 660x495px) Image search: [Google]
1450736352409.jpg
203KB, 660x495px
>>35472061
>i have a deep fascination with engineering
checkmate athiests
>>
>>35472061

If you go into medicine without actually finding it interesting you're likely to kill yourself from the workload eventually.
>>
>>35477645

>Should I I extend my graduation date a year so I can not unrealistically stuff myself with CS courses?

Could you please elaborate or rephrase that? I may just be getting sleeping but I'm not sure what exactly you meant.
>>
>>35477478

HONESTLY ?....

My life has been riddled and racked with the most unimaginable suffering and tragedy...

my father was a Marine drill instructor who blew his face and the top of his head off with a 357 Magnum

My brother Greg was the most amazingly intelligent guy and the funniest person I have ever met in my life, who taught me everything I know about music and art and girls and making people laugh and understanding what makes people tick. Greg was the most caring compassionate benevolent empathic person ever born I'm positive of that..

A nigger came to rob somebody else and entered the wrong building and there was my brother who only had $8 in his pocket at the time, so the nigger robbed him and murdered him..

As I hugged my brother's corpse in the open casket, I could hear the plastic bag under the rib cage where they take out all of your organs and weigh them and put them into the plastic bag and do a precursory suture to close the Y incision in the chest....

I try to maintain a positive outlook

The only reason I'm successful is because of animals

I've never had an animal betray me

Only the TWO LEGGED animals do that

People who know me in real life have been telling me I need to write a book about my life story ever since I was a teenagerteenager

I'm 53teen now, and I still hear this almost every day...

To me the fundamental problem is the fact that this story is not finished yet

I'm actually about to go to California and start marketing myself for an acting career, and if that doesn't work out I'm okay with it because I am confident about my successful failures ( plus I always have the transparent toilet paper idea to lean back on )

What really bothers me is watching people who had it very easy in their lives and they keep telling themselves how hard they had it or how they can't accomplish anything because they're really simply afraid of trying

I'm not here to make enemies I'm here to help people

I like you guys
>>
>>35477696

>sleeping

Yup, definitely sleepy. Sorry.
>>
>>35477696

Same guy you've been talking to btw. I switched out of premed (see a pattern?) to CS late into sophomore year. Now Im just cramming CS courses into a tight schedule and right now im graduating a semester late. But I feel like i need more time than that
>>
>>35477478

HONESTLY ?....

My life has been riddled and racked with the most unimaginable suffering and tragedy...

my father was a Marine drill instructor who blew his face and the top of his head off with a 357 Magnum

My brother Greg was the most amazingly intelligent guy and the funniest person I have ever met in my life, who taught me everything I know about music and art and girls and making people laugh and understanding what makes people tick. Greg was the most caring compassionate benevolent empathic person ever born I'm positive of that..

A nigger came to rob somebody else and entered the wrong building and there was my brother who only had $8 in his pocket at the time, so the nigger robbed him and murdered him..

As I hugged my brother's corpse in the open casket, I could hear the plastic bag under the rib cage where they take out all of your organs and weigh them and put them into the plastic bag and do a precursory suture to close the Y incision in the chest....

I try to maintain a positive outlook

The only reason I'm successful is because of animals

I've never had an animal betray me

Only the TWO LEGGED animals do that

People who know me in real life have been telling me I need to write a book about my life story ever since I was a teenagerteenager

I'm 53teen now, and I still hear this almost every day...

To me the fundamental problem is the fact that this story is not finished yet

I'm actually about to go to California and start marketing myself for an acting career, and if that doesn't work out I'm okay with it because I am confident about my successful failures ( plus I always have the transparent toilet paper idea to lean back on )

What really bothers me is watching people who had it very easy in their lives and they keep telling themselves how hard they had it or how they can't accomplish anything because they're really simply afraid of trying

I'm not here to make enemies I'm here to help people

I like you guys

And thankyou, sir
>>
>>35471939
I took a programming course a while back and the majority of the class was 20-30 year old attractive women. The money is too good to let the autists have it.
>>
>>35473377
just guessing by the length of this post and how angry you are, are you autistic?
>>
File: BROKEN SKY™.jpg (218KB, 960x868px) Image search: [Google]
BROKEN SKY™.jpg
218KB, 960x868px
See ?!!!!.........

SEE ?!!!!..........

IT DOUBLE POSTED !!!!

* slams my Casio wristwatch against the wall, ripping a tear in my swatch poster *

RE: FICTION -

Im no Pick Up Artist At All...

The total opposite....

I'm always patient enough to let them make the move

If you want something to happen let them think it was 'their idea'

P.S. you're not very good at discerning the truth from fiction, because you don't pay attention to details... you don't realize that the truth can be clearly isolated in the nature of the details that are told.

Plus you're too busy thinking that you're 'smart' to realize how incorrect you actually are...

LOL that thinking I would make up such absurd stories

The absurdity is the key detail you should be looking for

But I'm not surprised that you are unfamiliar with the way life really works
>>
>>35473448
>CS
it's CC now
>>
File: 1450734947835.png (316KB, 641x316px) Image search: [Google]
1450734947835.png
316KB, 641x316px
>>35473568
step back boy or you're going to get hurt
>>
>>35473695
or 17/18 in A Level CS
>>
>>35477900
LOL @ YOU THINKING 'IM' THE ONE WHO LET 'YOU' GET UNDER 'MY' SKIN....

Since I actually wrote the 'trollers handbook' twenty-five years ago, nobody knows rule 1 better than I do

RULE 1: the victim will always try to pretend that he has 'victimized his victimizer'

Please repeat the word AUTISM several more times to further demonstrate that you don't know what it means

Sassypants
>>
>>35477724

You remind me of the ending of Cowboy Bebop, where the screen goes black one final time with the subtitle "You're gonna carry that weight".
I think you are the embodiment of someone who's doing just that. And boy are you carrying a big weight, and yet you're doing it with style as well.

It's great that someone like you is here to help (not just on this website either), but unfortunately I think you'll be dismissed as crazy by most people here.

Yes, I agree that many people really are just afraid of trying, but is fear of trying any different than a fear of snakes, or a fear of getting shot, or any other fear? Whatever the cause, the fear is just as potent and debilitating.
Just like any fear, it requires a personalised solution for everyone. Some kind of profound realisation or powerful experience. Or even better: an even stronger fear. Can you offer that? Maybe you can, I don't know..
>>
>>35474038
>merge sort
is this the level of comp sci you Americans do in university? like that's some low level shit.
>>
>>35477980
i wasn't the original guy nor was i saying it as an insult, also why are you trying so hard? who are you trying to impress by being so "cooky" and "wacky"?
>>
>>35477743

If you're certain that you'll be able to put that time to its intended use then I say go for it. Also what are the costs for this? Do they outweigh the potential benefits?

But if you feel you most likely won't use the extra time for anything worthwhile, and if you also feel there is a good enough chance of you managing to get a grasp on the CS stuff in time, then is there a point in graduating later?

Sorry, I don't feel qualified to give a more concrete answer, since I'm unfamiliar with the field and your particular circumstances.
I'm just laying out what my thought process would be in regard to this issue based on my experience.
>>
>>35471893
aha fun meme i get it
>>
JN PRESENTS
THE CORRECT ANSWER WAS:

the correct answer was:

Whatever you do, do it with zeal and fervor, creating your own signature 'fingerprint', and be the best YOU doing whatever it is that you want to do.

It's your life

Dynamicize it
>>
>>35477724
I'm taking that toilet paper idea to the bank, boiiiiii
>>
>>35478004
FACT:
the Beatles had created the marketing 'prank' of Billy Shears & the alleged death of McCartney, and in this mythical scenario, McCartneys body was allegedly placed in a buoy, and set to sea...

Hence, Buoy you're gonna carry that weight

The Beatles are still THE most important band ever...

Elvis was the most important SINGLE ENTERTAINER, and icon in general

(Elvis is still the most famous {well known} human in history)

Best movie ever: ONE FLEW OVER THE COUKOOS NEST

best porn star: Sasha Rose, until last year's horrifying plastic surgery fiasco

BEST FOODS: spicy Thai or authentic Italian

STUPIDEST TREND EVER: anonymity
>>
*pawns my Casio wristwatch and uses the profits to buy a single ziplock baggie*

*uses the ziplock baggie as an ironic condom while masturbating to my memory of Sasha roses former perfect tits*
>>
>>35472005
????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

where can you study CS without math? LMAO
>>
I want to believe

I want to believe that Alex Grey will eventually become the fucking MASTERPIECE WHORE that Sasha Rose used to be

But David Duchovny getting another job in Hollywood is more likely, so....

*fills entire ziplock baggie with one massive load of my THIQUID*

THIQUID copyright 1998 JN
>>
>>35478844
Thank God the math class was so truncated, huh ?

class dismissed

Lol just kidding
>>
>>35473695
>>35477971
Only if you do pleb-tier decision modules
>>
File: IMG_0702.jpg (196KB, 777x1024px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0702.jpg
196KB, 777x1024px
>>35471893
OSPF is nice but EIGRP is nicer.

Not surprised there are network fags here.
>>
Personalized solution:

*throws Billy under the bed*

*Billy crawls out laughing*

"Daddy, there IS NO BOOGEYMAN AFTER ALL!"
>>
>>35478682

>STUPIDEST TREND EVER: anonymity

How come? Surely identity is just a label? Didn't you say you hated labels? You are still Johnny Neptune regardless of whether you reveal yourself.
Perhaps that's narcissism speaking?
>>
*sips beer through a crazy straw*
>>
>>35471893
I hate cs. I am doing maths+stats+cs. Cs part is the worst. Lecturer always makes stupid jokes, nothing is proven properly, everyone around me is fedora tipping /r/dataisbeautiful fag.
>>
>>35475694
well I'm not that much into OCing bc poorfag and I can't afford much. it's more of an interest than a hobby
>>
>>35471983
Never thought of it like this. I was a CS major and I definitely didn't give two shits about any class. I'm pretty sure most of my classmates didn't either; the ones who did were the real autismal kids. I made 76k starting and that's the only reason I got the degree.
>>
>>35471893
you can't learn to be a doctor by yourself and start chopping people off to fix them

you can't learn to design bridges or skyscrapers by your own and start building

etc, etc, etc

you can copy paste code from books or stackoverflow and get something working with little to no consequences. kids can do it and they do.
>>
>>35479053
You sound super judgmental.
>>
>>35479075
how is your job now? did you went to a good uni?
>>
File: how_it_works.png (13KB, 410x211px) Image search: [Google]
how_it_works.png
13KB, 410x211px
>>35479097
Whatever. I wish I will be doing something maths related in future and won't be surrounded by xkcd fans. Are you cs major?
>>
>>35479078
You can build a tree house without an engineering degree. Copying and pasting without understanding will get you things like the Therac-25.
>>
>>35479129
Went to UNC Chapel Hill and I'm still in the same job. It's a soul sucking codemonkey job that a 9th grade kid could do easily. I'm far overpaid for what I do there, but imo underpaid for what I could actually do.
I tried finding another job that paid as much but everyone paying 80k+ wants 3 years experience minimum and don't even glance at a portfolio if you don't have that. So basically I have to grind out years of my life doing fucking nothing before I can find a job where I actually do something.
>>
File: Screenshot_2017-03-12-18-30-08-1.png (64KB, 1080x1138px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2017-03-12-18-30-08-1.png
64KB, 1080x1138px
>>35476876
huehue
>going outside he says
>posting in a CS thread
a normie makes 10k steps a day.
>made 3.5k in 1 week
feelsgoodman.jpg
>>
File: 1463389253958.png (13KB, 420x420px) Image search: [Google]
1463389253958.png
13KB, 420x420px
>>35479171
>Copying and pasting without understanding will get you things like the Therac-25.

>implying it was not done intentionally.
>>
>>35479203
>codemonkey
what language. please tell me. it sounds like you went tot a very good school.
>>
>>35479249
The job is in javascript, specifically node.js and front end web shit
>>
>>35479164
Yep. Don't wear a fedora, don't like xkcd. Teachers make jokes because analogy (even through humor) is how they teach.

Also don't like "mathgicians" who feel like being condescending and judgmental by labeling millions of people with one brush stroke. Not cool.
>>
>>35479078
>you can copy paste code from books or stackoverflow and get something working with little to no consequences. kids can do it and they do.
you really cannot do this anon

understanding what you need is like 80% of the battle
>>
>>35479053
I agree with you, I have no clue what that other guy means by judgemental

that's a pretty accurate assessment of CS types
>>
>>35479078
>>35479332
The real skill of coding is knowing what to google. Even 10year exp senior devs use SO. A newfag isn't even going to know what to search for
>>
>>35479362
>real skill of coding
This depends on what exactly are you coding.
>>
>>35479349
Then you've never been in CS.

When I took my final CS classes, the class was comprised of:

45 year old Asian man
30ish middle eastern man
26ish year old Hispanic dude with tattoos
Another Hispanic dude around the same age with glasses
40 year old immigrant from Albania (or something like that)
And a country-ish white guy who was already in CS field

While I had a fat guy every once in a while, the CS field wasn't all fedoras and neck beards.

By the way, clueless, that's called a judgement. Saying everyone in a specific group is like "x" is a judgement as much as you believe it to be an assessment.
>>
File: PicsArt_10-17-02.35.05.jpg (50KB, 943x644px) Image search: [Google]
PicsArt_10-17-02.35.05.jpg
50KB, 943x644px
>>35478992
No, actually.....

It's not even about me...

I'm speaking in general, of course, but even more particularly, I'm speaking to the betas and those fearful of trying....

Nothing worthwhile has ever been accomplished without marketing oneself somehow

You are your own product

If you don't take responsibility in the marketing of your own product and nobody else is ever going to be interested in it

I find it strange, a group of adult males who are uncertain about how to approach life, how to take the bull by the horns and capture what they want out of this existence, have somehow all fallen for the terrible advice of anonymity

AGAIN: self-confidence is not possible without marketing oneself

AGAIN : nothing worthwhile has ever been accomplished without some help marketing your own product- YOU

( not you exclusively, but everyone )

Example: meet the girl of your dreams and give her your business card, a completely blank piece of paper with no name and no number....

Good luck on that
>>
>>35479449
Was it masters degree?
>>
>>35479499
Don't see how that's relevant, but It was a bachelor's degree
>>
>>35479449
Would you hire Sasha Rose as an ironically inept entry level candidate ?

Even if she wore a fedora, and nothing else ?

I wouldn't

She SUCKS at code string
>>
>>35479449
Sounds like you went to CC or noname state school
My CS graduating class was 70% white skeletons with no social grace, 20% asians and 10% normal people who didn't associate with the other 90%
>>
>>35479548
They just are kind of old for bachelor's.
>>
>>35479589
>being this assblasted about being proven wrong on a factual level

Lol deal with it, sport.
>>
File: PicsArt_02-10-06.38.30.jpg (145KB, 987x1141px) Image search: [Google]
PicsArt_02-10-06.38.30.jpg
145KB, 987x1141px
Key West, here we come....

As soon as Wendy's over her sinus infection, we're gone for two months

I've already lined up three mural jobs

Ahhhhh

Walking Lux on her leash & harness on the beach will be amazing

https://youtu.be/sSDTMO8oewk
>>
>>35479600
I'm SO PISSED over the whole thing, that I intend on assblasting Wendy tonight
>>
HOW TO ACCOMPLISH BREAKING THE PHYSICAL BARRIER WITHOUT GETTING SEXUAL :

pay attention, men....

If you don't quickly break the barrier of physicality, you'll lose your chance. But if you jump into sexuality too fast, they'll flee....

I have always used variations of my famous technique :

NON SEXUAL SENSUALITY THROUGH PHYSICAL TOUCH

early on, tell them you'd like to conduct an experiment to see if your 'auras' are compatible, or if there is an electrical & spiritual 'conflict' between you.

Finding out early can save you time

Both of you will be weighing in on your opinions after the experiment

With Wendy, I had only known her for about three minutes when I placed my right arm around her shoulder... Relaxed... Calm... Loving, but NOT SEXUAL....

Next, I took my left hand and gently placed the tip of my index finger on her knee.. This 'completed the circuit'...

I paused, taking my time, not saying a thing...

Finally, I said "interesting... How does our energy feel to you ?"

Wendy answered "it feels completely familiar and natural"

SOLD !!!!....

another example:

With a different wife, I did it by having her hold her hand open, palm upright... I 'hovered' my hand, palm downward, just about half an inch above hers, without touching her hand at all....

I said "hmmmmm.... Interesting... How does our energy feel to you?"

She never answered. She grabbed my hand and kissed it. She gave me head about 10 minutes later....

PAY ATTENTION

IM GIVING YOU THE BEST ADVICE YOULL EVER GET

don't ever 'introduce sexuality' to them

Allow them to be the one who thought it was their idea

But do not wait too long

Or they'll NEVER go for it
>>
>>35480252

I will remember this.
>>
>>35480252

It seems like this might be the boundary between "charming" and "creepy".
There is a strong physical intensity associated with both, but it seems that in the case of "charming" it's a non-sexual energy, whereas with "creepy", the sexuality is open and tangible.

I'm noticing the common theme here is: you can get as physically close and verbally outright with a girl as you can, as long as she decides when to introduce the sexual connection.
You do 90% of the non-sexual preparatory work, and then she completes it with her own sexual initiative. That way it creates the impression that you were dominant, but also gives her the semblance of agency.
>>
If I want a simple code monkey job that pays minimum wage, what should I learn? C#? Python? And where can I go to learn about work-related programming? Im in engineering but I dont need to take CS courses but I would like to branch out a bit because I want a job for expenses.
>>
>>35471983
I was a CS major and this was pretty accurate for me. But with the economy in it's current awful state you can't blame anyone for going to school for economic reasons.
>>
>>35480577
You certainly will

And thankyou, sir

>>35480749

Absolutely correct

And nice articulation

You're a good and honest man
>>
Females are smarter than men

Yet they also believe in 'magical predestination' type of stuff

(So do I, actually)

Give them what they want

You're an actor

You're playing yourself

Play the role of yourself handling whatever situation arises

It's easy

And give an academy award performance

Don't overact

And don't overREACT
>>
File: PLAY YOURSELF™.jpg (380KB, 1155x1655px) Image search: [Google]
PLAY YOURSELF™.jpg
380KB, 1155x1655px
It's elementary, my friends
Thread posts: 193
Thread images: 28

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.