[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

STEMcel SUICIDE WATCH

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 94
Thread images: 15

>mfw you all fell for the STEM meme (engineering) because autists from /sci/ told you it's the only degree worth getting.

Wasting 4 years in a sausage fest rotting over math equations. just lol at your life.

http://shortsleeveandtieclub.com/what-does-an-engineering-education-really-teach-you/

>muh numerical logic
>muh problem solving skills
>muh discipline
>muh communication skills (just lol)
>muh stress handling abilities
>muh 4 year education to learn how to learn

"Many engineers rarely even use knowledge they learned,"

JUST LOL AT YOUR LIFE BUDDY BOYO
>>
File: JackShining.jpg (41KB, 750x750px) Image search: [Google]
JackShining.jpg
41KB, 750x750px
>muh numerical logic
>>
>>35470953
I got an engineering degree because I enjoy the study of electrical engineering, not because I expected to make ridiculous amounts of money. finance and entrepreneurship pay the most in the long run, I just wanted to be able to make cool gadgets and improve my life and those of others. mission accomplished, by the way. eat a dick
>>
>>35471387
a submissive cuck STEMcel tells me to eat a dick.
Well buddy boyo you literally take it in the ass daily when the CEO of your company takes credit for the gadgets you make.

Check mate STEMcels
>>
File: 1486106244362.jpg (79KB, 570x587px) Image search: [Google]
1486106244362.jpg
79KB, 570x587px
>>35470953
Yeah because those are all qualities an employer wouldn't want in a prospective employee.

>he thinks internet articles are infallible

What a stupid bastard.
>>
File: tfwgoodboi.png (248KB, 1132x1000px) Image search: [Google]
tfwgoodboi.png
248KB, 1132x1000px
>>35471416
yeah but you use the gadgets he makes?
>>
>>35471498
okay, I feed homeless people who say fuck you you greedy capitalist fuck.

Same applies here, you are all underappreciated worthless nobodies who are underappreciated and should go rot in the sewer.
>muh inventions
>muh technology
>muh autism
>>
>>35471540
you make no sense. we enjoy doing this kind of stuff. why are you so mad? stem chad fucked your girl?
>>
>>35471540
>Capitalist fuck
Nothing wrong with capitalism you Marxist autist
>>
>>35471540
>tfw outearn both engineers and social science shills
who else /anesthesiologist/ here?
>>
File: 1488406201064.png (9KB, 401x367px) Image search: [Google]
1488406201064.png
9KB, 401x367px
>>35470953
>tfw accounting major master race
>>
>>35471540

Haha man you're so full of shit, I bet you don't even have any degree (let alone a STEM degree). Fuck off back to happytown.

Guess what, dickhead. People gotta work in order to live. An engineering degree helps you find work. Saying shit like "Fuck greedy capitalist pigs" shows you're just a kid who knows nothing, but thinks he has all the right answers.

Why don't you just go dark if you're so smart? If you're such a good person who helps the homeless, why do you counteract that by being an angry guy on the internet?

Like I say, you're probably just a nobody who will never achieve anything.
>>
>>35471656
Me too.

or1g1na1
>>
>>35470953
And then now you just get passed up for a woman or black in the job market anyway, because diversity.
>>
>>35471656
>>35471713
>I have no remarkable talents or skills but I need a degree in something specific and I did okay at math in high school, the major
>>
>>35471727

More like "I'll always be able to find a job", the major. It gets even better when you pass the cpa exam.
>>
>>35471727
More like "somebody's gotta do it" the major. It's better than being a reddit fag who thinks that a degree makes up for personality. have fun with that 50-100k salary.
>>
File: IMG_0777.jpg (26KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0777.jpg
26KB, 300x300px
STEM is for cucks who fell for the "study hard and Chad will work for YOU" meme. You aren't Bill Gates, James Watson, or Albert Einstein.

Success is about having social skills, good looks, lots of friends, and a basic competence level
>>
>be unspecialized biology major
>took AP bio so able to skip general bio in college
>turns out AP was a pale imitation of the real thing
>woefully unprepared for higher level bio courses
>miserably claw my way to finally bring GPA above 3.0 by senior year
>business majors partied and banged mass quantities of sorority chicks the entire 4 years in frats
>never studying
>are far more successful in life than I
JUST
>>
forgot to add
>$100k debt on graduation
>entry level jobs for bio majors pay $13 an hour
>>
>>35470953
yeah i regret it

who knows maybe in the future I'll be thankful i became an engineer, but right now i regret it

i wish i went to some college full of women and normies where i could've made many female friends

the only friends i made were other forever alone dudes and a few normies(male obviously)
>>
>>35471679
>>35471679
>>35471625

this is why you don't major in STEM.
you autists can't see that the capitalist fuck the homeless was refering to in this hypothetical situation is me. You have to stop reading fucking binary and learn English 101 which you actually took because engineers can't put sentences together (lol).
>>
>>35472078
Economics student here fag.
>>
>>35472028
I am in a college filled with women and normies. While it's pretty great to see nice pieces of asses all the time and befriending them, you don't want to deal with meatheads when doing teamwork.

Ok nah who am I kidding, they're actually pretty swell. And unless you majored in ChemEng (industrial, materials, food, pharma) or math (actuary, stats or CS) you're degree is bleh
>>
>>35470953
What i really regret about my computer science degree is that class was 100 guys and 8 girls. After 5 years only 2 girls had not dropped out.

Every workplace i can now work on has 9/10 guys. The girls are usually shipped directly to middle management so you seldom talk to them like normal colleagues and there's always 5 desperate guys cringe flirting with them.

After a couple of years you completely lose how to talk to a girl and you become an erimite spending your 30s playing video games.

But sure, pay is nice.
>>
Warning: this will make you want to kill yourself if you have or are working on a STEM degree.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TCbFEgFajGU

The whole "STEM shortage" meme is a complete lie to allow companies to hire cheap Indian/Chinese grads. Basically companies need to show that they've tried finding engineers in their home country but failed so they put out fake job listings and never reply to any of the respondents.

This is globalization.
>>
File: giphy.gif (2MB, 331x197px) Image search: [Google]
giphy.gif
2MB, 331x197px
>>35472366
>100 guys and 8 girls
>100 guys and 6 girls
>5 desperate guys cringe flirting
>>
>>35472489
100 guys at uni. 8 girls

At work team size differ but ratio is 9/10 guys.

Join us!
>>
>>35472366
Can confirm, almost 0 girls in Computer Science. It's why I'm considering double majoring in Comp Sci and Philosophy.
>>
File: 1485895449560.jpg (14KB, 288x288px) Image search: [Google]
1485895449560.jpg
14KB, 288x288px
>>35470953

This post reeks of insecurity
>>
>got an MBA
>have no idea what the fuck I'm doing in my position
>just shitpost on 4chan all day to look busy
>blame anything that goes wrong on forecasts and volatile markets.
>>
>>35472671
if you don't know what the fuck you are doing you are probably an underachiever which explains why you shitpost on 4chan all day to look busy.
>>
>>35471498
i sat here laughing for the last 90 secs at that image

is there a cap on how great these will keep getting?
>>
>>35470953
Engineers are perhaps some of the most pathetic, arrogant, and small-minded people I have ever met. People in Arts are usually insufferable, but at least they can usually grasp the idea that there's a bigger, wider world out there and that belief begets action. Engineers claim to have knowledge that few others have - and they're not wrong - but the price of that knowledge is a terrible worldview and a fundamental lack of ability to understand philosophy, spirituality, and elevated purpose.

They're like blind men, grasping about to find their way, and while they could give you detail on objects like no other, they are totally incapable of seeing the bigger picture. I would pity them if they weren't all-too-often extremely arrogant
>>
>>35470953
Archeology degree in Italy, feels so fucking good, easy as fuck, interesting and a future granted for me, doing what I love.
>>
>>35470953
Good thing I'm a med student, brainlet.

You and the engineers can battle it out, while I outearn both of you.
>>
>>35470953
>>35471416
>>35471540
>this butthurt

Guess the engineer down the street from OP's house just bought a new car with his salary while OP still drives an old beat up rustbox from the 80s?
>>
>>35472747
I am an underachiever but I get paid to do nothing all day so I'm fine with it
>>
>>35471951
So... were you planning on going into medicine? I don't get it... Why would you take general bio?
>>
>>35473020
>muh car mufugga

Genuinely kekked
>>
>>35472957
the med school meme is even worse you dumb fuck xD.

by the time you are a doctor you will be years in debt
>>
>>35472957
>be med
>work like a slave with horrible hours for 20 years before getting a decent paycheck
>absolute best case scenario become a neurosurgeon at 65
>get paid way less than someone who started his own business at 40

Yeah nice one, the meme that meds get paid a lot is a few hundred years old, any smart engineer that goes into the right field (e.g. petroleum or weapon industry) will outearn you with a tenth of the effort.
>>
>>35473020
he bought a new luxorious car after kissing his managers unwashed ass after he took a shit from the previous day's taco bell, he can't even get a hot girl on the passenger seat because he only speaks binary just lol
>>
>>35473020
>obsessed with materialism
Engineer confirmed. How does it feel to know that, no matter go with much crap you buy, you will never be able to fill that void in your heart?
>>
Hey lads, I wanted to know how fucked my situation is

So I started off my schooling at a CC, did 90 something units there, got a 3.3 cumulative GPA there because I refused to turn in work and take tests, then transferred into Electrical Engineering

At the 4 year uni I finally got my shit together, and I'm gonna be there for almost a year and I got a 4.0 the first semester, and I'm looking at another 4.0 in this one. But even if I keep this up, my cumulative GPA is still going to be fucked due to my poor performance at the CC.

If I ever apply to grad schools, how do I avoid getting fucked?
>>
>>35473178
he fell for the university meme.
should of studied a trade or went full entrepenurship just lol at your life you deserve to be in your position.
>>
>>35473145
>>35473159
absolutely mad

My cousin got rid of his debt in fucking three years and now makes 300k and you guys will never ever break six figures lmao

Literally no med student cares about debt. How you ever spoken to one, you cucks?
>>
>>35473200
>trade
AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

*inhale*

TRADE KEKS

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
>>
File: 1452514484422.jpg (189KB, 1462x1462px) Image search: [Google]
1452514484422.jpg
189KB, 1462x1462px
>mfw I did engineering at a top 20 university and I get paid more than all the medcucks and other STEMcucks
>mfw it wasn't actually harder either it's just pure prestige bullshit that retarded employers look at

Feels good man.
>>
>>35473200
>should of
Tradecucks, everyone.
>>
>>35473242
and that girl that blew you?
oh yeah you did engineering.
>>
>>35473242
Which one so I can apply for grad school there
>>
>>35472858
Pot. Kettle. Black.
You have a dose of arrogance yourself with that kind of language.

Allow me to join you. Physics and mathematicsfag here. More knowledge than engineers. More understanding than philosophers and artists.
>>
>>35473250
as a business administration major i have much more respect for trades than engineers.
>>
I love seeing brainlets sperg out, you just know their uni applications got rejected and they come here to vent
>>
>>35473176
>>35473177
Like you said money doesn't actually make you happy, which makes it a good thing I got more hobbies than free time. However, I also make a lot of money on top of that, and while it doesn't make you happy, it sure as shit helps. How about you anons, been having fun with your hobbies? Surely you don't just wageslave from 9 to 5 then proceed to do nothing until the next day of work, right?

>>35473262
EPFL in Switzerland. As long as you get in a top 50 it's fine, they aren't really much harder than others either, it's just about who bribes the rankings the most (but employers do look at them carefully so in the end they are very important).
>>
>>35473268
i don't even care that you poses more knowledge, just pity you because you missed the most important years of your life on a quest for intelligence.

you could have been mouth fucking stacies but instead you decided accumulate autism points and to calculate the projectile motion of your cum shot reaching a final velocity towards the monitor.
>>
>>35473268
>Allow me to join you. Physics and mathematicsfag here. More knowledge than engineers. More understanding than philosophers and artists.
And a tenth of the salary.
>>
>>35473272
>business administration
How do you cope, aside from making these threads of course
>>
File: 1411026355088.jpg (8KB, 229x250px) Image search: [Google]
1411026355088.jpg
8KB, 229x250px
>>35473347
>"STEMfags are empty and have no morals or higher purpose!"
>"hahaha mathfag why didn't you spend your life fucking random sluts in a club"
>>
>>35473369
I cope with having an amazing social circle, strong connections, strong social skills and by having a mindset of a businessman which takes me high beyond the corporate ladder.

While you are lustful because you were confined to a windowless basement you rented with other engineering students, I was partying till the morning, getting curable STD's and having the most fun I could possibly have in my life.
>>
>>35473268
Mathematics is a worthy field, but too often becomes a prison worldview itself. Also, I am the guy you replied to, I am not that fag OP who apparently thinks hedonism is the path to fulfillment.
>>
File: qL7e0f0.jpg (43KB, 576x469px) Image search: [Google]
qL7e0f0.jpg
43KB, 576x469px
>>35473378
all jokes aside, how fucking autistic do you have to be to major in mathematics, lmao
>>
>>35473378
also you probably talk in a nerdy voice, wear glasses and say

>according to my calculations

just lol at you as a human.
>>
>>35473347
I actually spent "the most important years of my life" working like a dog in unskilled labor, but that's neither here nor there.

>>35473359
This is not true. Another anon mentioned in this thread that th real money is business/accounting/finance. Not engineering. Engineering pays decent, but outside of some specific places (petroleum engineers in oil industry, chem engineers wit big pharma, etc) the pay is pretty comparable. In either case, you need more than just a bachelor's for that kind of work anyway. I can walk walk out of undergrad on over to Washington DC and get a job with the federal government alongside legions of other STEMfags and net a starting job easily at $60k/year. Or I can go on to grad school and take a few more years to play ball with the big boys.

I'm not sure what it's like in your state, but in a lot of places some of the best paid state-employees are actually professors at research universities. If that's something you choose to purse then after 10-15 years you can be pulling in something around the $200K-$300k range for salary plus really good government bennies. Not making as much, true, than if you specialized for the private sector, but teaching a couple classes, pursuing your own research and working in that environment is undeniably more comfy than working in the corporate world where 60+ hour work weeks are expected. Take your pick.

I digress, though, I'm really not in it for the money. STEM is the wrong field for making real money, as I said. I'm in it because I like it.
>>
>>35473558
How old are you, lad

I graduated at 25 for undergrad and I'm feeling a little too old for grad school
>>
>>35473558
>but that's neither here nor there
>lmaooooooooooooooooooooo
> your father was a poor fag who couldn't pay for your college
> poor people problems
>then becomes a mathematician to only further live in poverty

thread was dedicated to you buddy boyo
>>
>>35473639
By the time I finish my undergrad I'm going to be 27. I still plan to go to graduate school at this point, but I've got about a year to really decide on things. I've talked with some people in the industry about it and it's been suggested to me to -really- go anywhere I'd need some kind of graduate degree. Having waited a long time to start college in the first place I'm not interested in having to go back to school again so I'd rather get it all taken care of. If I like higher education I might just stay in academics.

All this to say, though, I guess it really depends on where you are and what fields/positions you are looking at specifically. I need to do more research and pick the brains of more people in the industry to really get a better picture of what's going on.

>>35473641
>thread was dedicated to you buddy boyo

Thank you senpai. Today I'm going to try my best for you.
>>
>>35473639
I'm currently 59, i know i'm old lol
still working because haven't gotten enough to reach retirement. I don't regret my decision as I get to do what I love but sometimes i do wish I picked finance knowing i'm overqualified but yeah. that's life.

Watching 22 year olds straight out of college making bank really agitates me, but at least i can comprehend numerical logic while they can't.
>>
File: 1483995822443.jpg (469KB, 1280x853px) Image search: [Google]
1483995822443.jpg
469KB, 1280x853px
Hahaha, try another line of work.

I was on the verge of suicide after working legal for 4-5 years.

Now I am getting a degree in engineering. None of these discussions matter until you start working. Would you rather go to school with the kids in political science? Or math? Bottom line, who do you want to spend 7-8 hrs a day with? When I was working, the people I worked with, in order of how fun they were to work with:

criminal defense lawyers > engineers > economists/finance** > legal experts > psychologists > business lawyers > regular lawyers > doctors > paralegals

** academics, mostly.

And I hate to break it to you OP, but you are ALREADY sounding like the best years, (college) were behind you. But sure, keep that bottle of gin in the top drawer of your desk. You'll start to need it soon enough. :^)
>>
>>35473742
A little slow on the uptake, there, my litttle roacherino, but good effort.
>,':^)
>>
>>35473781
should of commited suicide desu desu
>>
>>35473781
in my opinion you should reconsider your decision and suicide.
>>
>>35470953
>3.6
>applied mathematics
>economy overall sucks
>local economy is even worse
>need money to move, need to move to get job, need a job for money...
If military doesn't work out I just might end myseld.
>>
>>35473955
at least you are not delusional like these retards
>>35473781
>>35473558
>>
Stemfag checking in. Went to a shit school and got a master's with no debt, worked slightly hard for a few years to build up a resume and now jack off at work and browse 4chan for six figures. I work probably 5-10 hours a week.
>>
>>35473781
please commit suicide, just think about how long it would tkae for someone to find your body when you commit suicide, that's right. nobody will find it. nobody cares abouty you my friend.

Just commit suicide, commiting suicide is pure bravery.
>>
>>35471951
>business majors
HAHAHAHA
>>
>>35473986
Well stem is better, albeit marginally so. I had a full time position at an engineering place but then lmao layoffs a month after graduation. Everything else in my area wants finance experience or just isn't hiring. It fucking sucks.
>JUST GET A MATH DEGREE ANON YOU'LL MAKE SO MUCH MONEY XD

Hopefully the navy will be a weird route to engineering. At least I'll be making money.
>>
>>35472078
nope, i got the impression that the homeless people were lashing out at the world, not at you.

these STEM guys are forming coherent sentences while you're telling half a story and assuming they'll be able to fill in the blanks to match your exact memory. op, you gotta get better at storytelling at the very least before you shit on others' linguistic talents.

there's a logical lapse too. you aren't making an argument. you're just trying to stir up drama and it's annoying.

you're feeding the homeless people. the homeless people tell you to fuck off for being a capitalist. what are ya, charging them money for the food? then why does it matter that they're homeless? why are they biting the hand that feeds? homeless people are resourceful and know where to get cheap food. this circumstance wouldn't have happened in the first place, and definitely not repeatedly. whining isn't an argument.

again, learn how to tell a complete story. otherwise you're no better than a preteen meme-head
>>
>>35470953
>tfw fell for the /arts/ meme
>Get employed at a startup
>Get put in charge of a whole team of STEMfags because they can't actually think for themselves and need someone to tell them what to do or they just blunder together super autistic unusable shit
>Get paid more than them even though they all came from top tier universities
>Even get to decide if they get hired or not, can veto them because of cultural fit or if i think they're too autistic
>People are not fussed if you work from home or spend half the day going for a walk or working in a cafe if you're a creative, don't have to spend all day chained to a desk
>>
>>35470953
You have to also make relationships, be social, or just try.

>aerospace engineer degree
>stack climbing out of college
>then aircraft mechanic
>now leading powerplant project for my new company

All this in the first three months of graduation. Stem opens alot of door for you because people think your smart
>>
>>35470953

I seriously wonder if this is a butthurt humanities degree haver who can't get a fucking job.

I TOOK history at one of the top ten UK uni's and it's a fucking JOKE. I seriously wish I had been able to fully immerse and interest myself in a STEM subject whilst I was still in school...If you think your job prospects are bad with a fucking STEM degree you would be fucking horrified to see what they are with a humanities one. I am not kidding when I say that 60% of the graduates of our dept' went on to work in the FOOD INDUSTRY.
>>
stemfags are a fucking meme
look at their social skills
>>
>>35473145
Well I don't know all the ins and outs of how it works where you're from but here in Canada its ~$20,000 for your undergrad and then ~$70,000 in tuition for medical school. Plus, the government will forgive your student loans if you work in an "under served community" for a few years after you graduate. If it's a meme then it's the best meme ever because I'm rolling in cash now.
>>
What most people don't get about STEM is how niche the skillsets in demand are. You have to go to careers conferences and do your research on the internet long before you commit to a certain course.
>>
>Blogpost by either a liberal arts retard or a failed engineer
>LMAO STEM IS WORTHLESS XDDD
>>
>>35473159
Yea, I don't know what shit hole country you come from but anywhere progressive (i.e. Canada, Europe, etc.) isn't like that. 8 years of school, then 2-7 years of residency but you're being paid while you're a resident. Keep making excuses though, it seems to work well for you...
>>
>>35471625
kill yourself classcuck
>>
>>35476316
This is true. Even mechanical eng. is not a very large field. You only need so many people to make a design. Civil eng. is the one with the most opportunities at times, such as right now until the economy blows again. I did Computer Eng. and while it gets you many opportunities, I have yet to meet someone in my class who has actually worked as a Computer Hardware Engineer. Most of us end up doing the same thing a CS major would do. Except me because I'm too autistic to get a job at all.
>>
>>35470953
My knowledge of science has helped me get laid. Can you say that about your liberal arts degree
>>
File: Dirty commies.png (57KB, 510x546px) Image search: [Google]
Dirty commies.png
57KB, 510x546px
>>35470953
>Have two degrees, one in history and the other in mathematics.
>Got them both in five years.
>Got a job without trying, with no prior experience, that pays 80k/year starting.
G E T O N M Y L E V E L
E
T

O
N

M
Y

L
E
V
E
L
>>
>>35471727
you actually do zero fucking math in accounting and controlling
>>
File: titandinnerwnames.jpg (193KB, 1480x730px) Image search: [Google]
titandinnerwnames.jpg
193KB, 1480x730px
>>35470953
STEMcuck meme started because the federal government wanted to jam through H1B visa so their cronies in Silicon Valley could make use of cheap Patel code monkeys. Pic related

STEM graduates actually face a VERY difficult job market right now.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gKT7xki2Lm4
Thread posts: 94
Thread images: 15

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.