[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Existence makes no sense

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 8

File: nndsbRS.jpg (196KB, 675x559px) Image search: [Google]
nndsbRS.jpg
196KB, 675x559px
Nothing makes sense.

How can something exist? When did it start?

For those who believe in God, let's say god created the universe. Then we go on and on with who created god etc... leading us nowhere.

The Big bang suffers the same fate, where did that initial bubble come from etc.., even as an atheist it doesn't make sense.
No religion makes sense, they're all full of holes and dogmatic. Being completely skeptical of everything is tiring, but I also can't believe anything for sure except the fact that I exist.

Existence is weird.
>>
File: tumblr_oj6v34GAdd1ug6fi4o1_1280.png (258KB, 900x1350px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_oj6v34GAdd1ug6fi4o1_1280.png
258KB, 900x1350px
Life is what you do while you're waiting to die
>>
>>35468905
Quantum physics makes sense.
>>
File: 1385188347241.jpg (139KB, 517x525px) Image search: [Google]
1385188347241.jpg
139KB, 517x525px
>>35468905

>How can something exist? When did it start?

Imagine nothing existing, and it becomes self-evident that it's impossible for there to be a state of no consciousness. Hence, reality is by necessity consciousness.

We are all a single consciousness, and it didn't begin in a period in time, since time is something created within it, and there is nothing outside of this mind that is creating it. This single mind that we are all a part of is the only true "substance".

Don't believe me? Look into the literature on NDEs, try Ayahuasca and see for yourself.

For instance:

http://anti-matters.org/articles/8/public/8-8-1-PB.pdf

and

http://www.horizonresearch.org/Uploads/Journal_Resuscitation__2_.pdf

and

http://www.allaboutchristian.com/spirituality/index.html

Or to put it more bluntly,

"As my soul left my body, I found myself floating in a swirling ocean of multi-colored light. At the end, I could see and feel an even brighter light pulling me toward it, and as it shined on me, I felt indescribable happiness. I remembered everything about eternity - knowing, that we had always existed, and that all of us are family. Then old friends and loved ones surrounded me, and I knew without a doubt I was home, and that I was so loved." - Christian Andreason

http://www.broadjam.com/artists/songs.php?artistID=14702&mediaID=460764

You now have your answers. Enjoy.
>>
>>35469238
That is very Kant + Buddha
>>
>>35469238
But for what reason does reality/conciousness manifest itself in this particular way? If there is any?
>>
File: 1477365300010.gif (715KB, 250x196px) Image search: [Google]
1477365300010.gif
715KB, 250x196px
>Nothing makes sense
compared to what?

>How can something exist?
how is something existing more likely than nothing?

>When did it start?
nobody knows. the universe as we understand it began some 13-14 beeo years ago, but before that time everything we're aware of was compressed in a timeless finite point.

>I also can't believe anything for sure except the fact that I exist.
there is objective information you can ascertain relative to your first-person experience. nothing else, though.

>Existence is weird.
compared to fucking what?
>>
>>35469238
drug trips dont prove anything
>>
File: Red kid.jpg (115KB, 1224x1289px) Image search: [Google]
Red kid.jpg
115KB, 1224x1289px
>>35468905
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jhnKBKZvb_U
>>
File: jgbctcx.jpg (117KB, 631x776px) Image search: [Google]
jgbctcx.jpg
117KB, 631x776px
>>35469273

Because there is no alternative to consciousness. It exists by force, by necessity, and there is no way for it not to exist. Consciousness/awareness/qualia/subjective experience/whatever you want to call it is forced to exist, it is the most fundamental insight of reality itself.

Imagine death as a nothingness. A lot of people think of this as an eternity of silent darkness. But how can it be silent or dark? Those are qualities of awareness itself, just as if it would be white and The Beatles would be playing.

In the same way, it cannot be eternal, for duration only exists as a thought. Hence nothingness, if it could be said to exist, would neither be eternal nor have any duration in time, and could only be said to be 'instantaneous' to the extent that it doesn't exist in the first place, and followed uninterruptedly by consciousness. Therefore, nothingness is impossible, and consciousness has to exist. There is no state of reality where consciousness is not present.

Which is why all of reality is a single mind, that always will exist since always is an idea within it, and there is nothing outside of it that can ever interact with it. The beginning of reality is the same thing as the eternity of reality, which is a single mind finding itself alone and uncaused by and independent of anything external, since the only thing which exists and can exist are its own thoughts.

As NDErs say, we are deep within eternity of this mind already, and what is happening now is that we are having fun and role-playing and exploring different realities for the fun and interestingness of it all. All of eternity is our playground and we can do whatever we want, forever. Remember, we were in paradise and had everything anyone could ever want, and still chose this life because it seemed interesting to us. Once we die and go back there, we will party hard for a few 10^10000000000 years and then to it all again, just out of curiosity. Such is the gravity of eternity.
>>
>>35469462
I'm specifically referring to the nature of the universe we inhabit, the laws of physics, the constants and variables.

Is this a manifestation of a thought, one of a million billion thoughts that consciousness expresses?
>>
what i cant get over is all the pain and suffering in the world, think of all the torture, kidnapping, abuse, the way animals are treated, the serial killers, the diseases, the bullying, the evil that inescapably exists, it just doesn't seem fair, it doesn't seem right

it's like this thing is a joke or cruel experiment
>>
>>35468905

why do people think there's no theories as to what caused the big bang? do you seriously think no ones been trying to work it out since it was theorized?
>>
File: 1DKJZUz.png (294KB, 459x463px) Image search: [Google]
1DKJZUz.png
294KB, 459x463px
>>35469527

Ah. All of these were created by us and/or the creator long before this universe even came into being. We designed these universes and worlds to live out on, and then we went about it. Kind of how you create the game The Sims 3, and then go about playing it.

>Is this a manifestation of a thought, one of a million billion thoughts that consciousness expresses?

Yeah. It's a shared dream, a projection of our minds. As one NDEr put it,

"In truth, we are all shades of gray, all of us different hues of dimming and brightening Light - a mass of atoms, supernaturally spaced apart from one another, perfectly.

From Heaven, I saw that spiritually each of us is always in some sort of a process of omitting a vibrant Light, tone and vibration - and then vacillating in that brightness, tone and vibration from day to day - all according to our current mindset and level of intention.

I saw that this occurrence of vacillation actually created the atomic reality we think we see and sense all around us.

We are told by science that nothing in our physical reality is really a solid. While items such as wood, concrete or steel appear to us to be 'hard', in fact, within the very structure of the wood, concrete and steel there is a mass of swirling energy that consists of what we call, "atomic matter". Even the words you are reading here and the ink used to present them, it is nothing more than an atomic simulation. The letters hold form because of the intention I have put forth in writing them. How is this possible? Because in truth, all matter is made of nothing more than transparent, radiation-based Light. [...] This is how God made the Super Universe. It was 'thought' into existence and God's intentions were so clear and precise, that the atoms have remained firmly in place and will remain in tact, until such time as God decides differently."
>>
>For those who believe in God, let's say god created the universe. Then we go on and on with who created god etc... leading us nowhere.

The idea is that no one created God. He has no beginning nor end. He's beyond the universe. He's the first thing when it comes to existence.
>>
File: 1391879952136.jpg (609KB, 729x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1391879952136.jpg
609KB, 729x1200px
>>35469544

When you play a video game, do you always choose 'Beginner' mode, or do you find it interesting to try 'Nightmare' or 'Hell' mode?

This planet is challenging, no doubt about it. And that's why we wanted to come here - we wanted the challenge! Being happy and shining through here is not for beginners.

"While you may not consciously remember, it took some doing for you to be able to come here. Not just anyone ends up being born on Earth or this Realm. You have to be 'SOMEBODY!" Believe it or not, everybody is a "star" here on Earth. Every Soul is seen by Heaven as being a major player! If you were not, you would not be here!"

Another way to look at it is as if you got accepted to Oxford or Harvard. Coming to this planet requires some serious skill in thriving in challenging conditions.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.