[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Anybody else get paid well to do nothing?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 5

File: 1486859455501.png (145KB, 1920x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1486859455501.png
145KB, 1920x1200px
> work security at trucking company
> sit in a booth all night
> browse youtube and eat healthy food all night
> 15 bucks an hour
> full benefits
> 3 days off every week

Who /wantsacareerbutcomfy/ here?

Lol at min wage cucks who break their back all day for half of what I make.
>>
How'd you get into that line of work? I've been looking for something where I can get paid and study at the same time and that seems ideal. Do you have to be big/intimidating?
>>
File: 1488919380453.jpg (57KB, 600x578px) Image search: [Google]
1488919380453.jpg
57KB, 600x578px
I get the sanity bux. If it stops, normies will be punished.
>>
I couldn't do it. I had a comfy job for 15/hour where I just sat around all day on 4chan and read books but I wanted to kill myself after a year.
>>
>>35460825
Not at all, it's not just security. I also write in and out the trucks that leave and come in and answer phone calls and stuff. A lot of transportation companies have jobs like this. Just look up things like "gate clerk" or "outbound dispatcher"
>>
>>35460851
Same desu but the computers were not connected to the internet. Lasted two years surprisingly.
>>
>>35460851
Yeah that's why I'm saving and investing my money and working on getting some streams of passive income going. I also exercise a lot and eat healthy so that helps.
>>
I also used to do security. Different from yours though OP.

They gave me a car and I would work the night shift driving from office building to office building checking up on the guards. Comfy night time driving with the windows down. I could stop by a drive thru anytime I wanted and grab some coffee or tacos. Mounted a tablet to to watch anime. Pretty chill.
>>
>>35460935
Yeah I'm getting tired of working nights though. I guess I'm starting to get old.
>>
>>35460935
D-do they give you a gun? Because that would be neat.
>>
File: american feels.png (261KB, 634x762px) Image search: [Google]
american feels.png
261KB, 634x762px
>>35460789
I'm in the middle.

>Work at a call center type place doing tech support for some software
>Switch yourself to a certain status and you are ready to receive calls
>Some days you can go 20 minutes without getting a call, other times it's really busy
>Watch Youtube videos all day in between calls and go on my phone
>18 bucks an hour

its cool
>>
>work for a locally-run computer shop
>spend all day either fixing computers (which I like), playing videogames on whatever handheld I brought in, or reading online/playing old FPS games on the stations we have set up for customers' kids to play games on while they wait
I have a handheld thing that's great for emulation. Just finished replaying the GBA Tactics Ogre game during work hours the other day. Final time was 34 hours, all played during work. Not sure what to play next. I've got a lot of games on this thing.
>>
>>35460789
I get paid around 100k to do hardly anything. I work as an ems pilot. I spend 12 hours on call at the base, most of which is spent fucking around playing ecksbawks and shooting the shit. I go out on 1 or 2 calls a day on average. When I do work it's fun as fuck. I also work 7 off 7 on which means I get a week on then work for a week. I work half as much time as others in my income bracket, at least.
>>
>>35461018
>tfw default call center music

https://youtu.be/mSCoMS3SkZk
>>
>>35460899
What do you mean? No internet or this is before internet?
>>
>>35461053
Damn sounds like a pretty good gig
>>
I work security but I'm subcontracted out by my company, I work at a grocery store in the ghetto. Mostly I rush off bums and crack heads. On the plus side, it's close to my house and I get to fuck around for a couple hours after the store closes while still on the clock.

I did work a shift that was super easy, just sit at the front desk of a retirement home and make sure it's not getting broken into, they weren't open for business yet but had wifi, food, the works. I would jack off twice a day in the bathrooms of various rooms these old folks would eventually reside in, felt great man.
>>
>>35461130
The network only allowed intranet access and some sites associated with the company. They also disabled games and since it was an electronics company I couldn't sneak in an music player or phone.
>>
i get to go to a family truck shop and i used to feel like i got paid way too much at 11.50 because im never tasked with doing tge really big jobs like pullibg out transmissions or taking out radiators although i do help take out radiators some. i mainly get to tale off valve covers, change oil, sweep, change some brake shoes, take out drive shaft, change spark plugs and just light duty stuff like that but some stuff is heavy to me like brake drums are 120lbs and i have had to carry some stuff that weighs 140lbs

but i probably have it too easy
>>
>>35461053
Ems? You mean like you take people to the hospital?
>>
I work the morning shift at a convenience store. Once the store's opened and the stuff that has to be done right away is dealt with, it's pretty laid-back and you can do pretty much whatever. Fiddle with your phone, do crosswords, read a book. It's relaxing after that initial morning rush, and I grab some lunch on the way home.
>>
>>35461156
No wonder why man I'd go crazy too. I literally spend 80 percent of the time on my phone.
>>
>>35461137
It is but you have to pay your dues and eat ramen early in your career
>>35461233
Pretty much.
>>
File: 1486169294933.jpg (17KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
1486169294933.jpg
17KB, 480x360px
>>35461155
how do you get started with these security jobs ? Just get the shitty hundred dollar security license and apply for jobs ?
>>
File: 1485241746693.png (408KB, 634x640px) Image search: [Google]
1485241746693.png
408KB, 634x640px
very comfy job ideas itt, I thank all you robots
>>
>>35461254
They deal with phones mainly so unfortunately I had to leave mine in the locker or risk setting metal detector off. Wanted to kill myself clock watching.
>>
>>35461268
Damn dope job. I was a registered emt-b when I got out of highschool. Hated it though and the pay was shit.
>>
>>35461322
Couldn't you just remote connect to a vps and browse that way?
>>
>>35461386
No they had a firewall and restricted a lot of the control panel.
>>
>>35461281
I never did an security class. Just b yourself m8
>>
>>35461318
We need a /comfyjobs/ gneral thread
>>
>>35460789
>get paid
yes
>well
fucking kek

fuck this 3rd world country ,i ll get out of here when i get my degree i promise
>>
>>35461053
Pilot as in helicopter? That's something I've always been interested in, but it seems insanely expensive to get a commercial license.
>>
>>35462209
Where are you from anon? How much do you make??
Thread posts: 34
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.