[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Looking for a job this summer? Tired of being a useless NEET?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 90
Thread images: 8

File: sea.jpg (260KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
sea.jpg
260KB, 1600x1200px
Looking for a job this summer? Tired of being a useless NEET? Be a seafood processor in Alaska with me. Most companies pay for your flight to alaska and give you free room and board. You work for a couple months during the summer season and then you fly back home. No work experience needed!
The shifts are long but any shifts over 8 hours give you overtime pay.
>>
>>35453995
I hear there's lots of drugs up on Alaska. Apparently they legalized personal amounts of meth?? It sounds like a good gig, but I worry I'd slice myself with the filet knives. That's my only mental roadblock
>>
What age requirement, OP?
>>
>>35453995
How much does it pay first bucko it better be $20+ an hour
>>
File: alone_at_the_top.jpg (53KB, 718x449px) Image search: [Google]
alone_at_the_top.jpg
53KB, 718x449px
>>35453995
>inb4 I'm not qualified to do even that
Fuck off with your false hope and leading me on, OP
>>
>>35454068
if you're asking you're probably underaged
>>
>>35454068
I'm sure its 18
>>
>>35454116
more like 10-15 but you don't pay for living expenses so you get to keep all of it minus taxes
>>
>>35453995
sure I'll go with you
>>
>>35453995
>free room and board
>free
yeah nah it's deducted from your pay
>>
>>35454355
That's really fucking good. Shame I'm going through another job process at the moment.
>>
>>35454810
depends on the company, some do that but for most fisheries I've looked up,they only charge you for room and board if you fail to work until the season is over.
>>
File: 1477630220043.jpg (36KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
1477630220043.jpg
36KB, 400x400px
>>35453995
doesnt sound like fun but i appreciate you trying to help
>>
>15dollarydoos an hour
>in a frozen hell hole
>gutting fish
>work place stinks beyond comprehension
>have to travel thousands of KM for this "privilege"

Kek, America is a glorified version of the Congo
>>
You got any specific prospects, OP? Specific companies that are offering all of this right now?
>>
>>35454910
alaska is not frozen in summer
>>
File: ChugachMountains[1].jpg (316KB, 3000x1500px) Image search: [Google]
ChugachMountains[1].jpg
316KB, 3000x1500px
>>35454910
>in a frozen hell hole

Alaska is one of the most beautiful states in the country, you don't know what you're talking about
>>
>>35453995
What other jobs are like this and crime scene cleanup?

I want to get a job and move out but the idea of being on minimum wage and barely able to make rent after begging normies to room with me is depressing and will hasten my departure. An interesting odd job and one which pays more than I am worth would make me feel less bad.

I don't care about gore, being away from friends and family or going to strange places so that is a bonus.
>>
i've been wanting to move to alaska anyway. sign me up. when the season is over we can go southeast to the rainforests and grow lots of pot
>>
>>35455353
I just applied to North Pacific, Leader Creek, and Alaska General seafoods
>>
>>35455681
you know, Ive also been interested in crime scene cleanup, because cleaning sounds like a comfy job and if the gore scares normies away then all the better. Idk how to get in, maybe if you sign up for a CBRN job in the army you'll get the certs needed to handle hazardous materials.
>>
most companies arent going to hire you if youre a neet with no employment history i would imagine

imagine paying for someone to fly out and then whine and go back home. they probably have a bunch of people who do that already
>>
>>35456910

but what if you won't whine
>>
>>35457183

how are you gonna prove that to them? once youre in the hole for unemployment it starts getting really hard to get out of it.
>>
>>35457248
>once youre in the hole for unemployment it starts getting really hard to get out of it.
see thats why I posted this above up here and OP never answered me because he knows I'm fuckin right

>>35454138
>>
>>35456235
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/CBRN_defense
hmm, I don't think they'd take a socially inept NEET, they want heroic Chads with chiseled jawlines, but I will look more into it, thanks
>>
>>35457364
main point is, people who clean crime scenes don't do that as their only job, they clean anything hazardous like asbestos and stuff, so maybe look for asbestos training at a local community college or something
>>
>>35454355
I wouldn't cut up smelly fish all day for 10$ an hour just to smell like Stacy's roastie
>>
File: eyesbrain.jpg (174KB, 395x395px) Image search: [Google]
eyesbrain.jpg
174KB, 395x395px
>>35457539
I would.

>>35457248
Can I use autism as an excuse? Like I literally go for midnight interviews at Home Depots and other hardware stores for stocking positions, but they always offer me daylight positions for their parking lot where I have to help the public load stuff onto their cars. i don't mind professional interaction with employees

>parking lot
>middle of the day
>people sitting in cars
>like a stadium
>have to interact with people while hauling their to stuff to their car
>what if accidentally flirt with man's wife or daughter
>>
>>35457997
It's okay if you flirt with someone because shopping cart attendants are beneath the notice of all but the most wretched of normies.
>>
>>35453995
Fuck yes, I need this so bad.

How do you apply, OP? Website link, anything? I need this job.
>>
i'll do it if it's actually true that there's no experience required
i've applied for dozens of jobs this year and nobody wants me, i'm the ultimate undesirable
i've even had a job before but i have been NEET for 2 years
>>
>Must be available to work from mid/late-June to early/mid-September
>Must be at least 18 years of age.
>Must have valid proof of authorization to work in the United States.
>Must be able to understand and speak basic English.
>Must be able to perform repetitive work, stand, bend, twist and constantly work with your hands.
>Must be able to work very long hours (up to 12-18 hours a day, 6-7 days a week) in cold, wet and humid conditions.
>Must be able to lift heavy objects (up to 50 lbs.) and carry materials from one point to another.
>Must be able to work well in close proximity with others.

There's no way NEETs are going to be working from 0 days a week to 7 days, which is 12 hours each day.
>>
>>35458341

i see it as a free gym membership or serving in the army but without having to kill people
>>
>>35458390
That's all talk, but the second day you'd be sore as hell and on the verge of quitting. Making excuses like "i'll can just go back home, get an easier job making minimum wage" stop bullshitting yourself
>>
>>35458198
Here's a post that has more details and a list of fisheries you can apply to. Yes, I know it's Reddit but it still has good information.
https://www.reddit.com/r/vagabond/comments/326njj/summer_jobs_for_vagabonds_alaskan_canneries/
>>
>>35453995
If any anons are interested in doing this listen to the podcast. It's probably the most comfy podcast I have ever heard. Comedian ari shaffir listens to Dan Soder also a comedian working at an Alaskan Cannery for the summer.

Incredibly comfy longform listen. Alaska sounds comfy too besides for the asian meth head. Give it a listen.
http://shaffir1.libsyn.com/265-knife-hits-in-alaska-dansoder
The youtube version doesnt have the comfy music Ari mixes in. Dan's story starts at 36:00. Ari tells a summer job story before that thats comfy too but you can skip it.
>>
>>35458497
Thanks anon. I-I love you.
>>
>>35458449

you have no idea how crippling my social anxiety is and how it suppresses my industriousness

wish you could talk to my boxing cross fit instructor or the illegal alien i helped out at his swap meet or my uncle who hired me to help him out carry stuff.
>>
File: b2809b72d11018915740.jpg (133KB, 736x494px) Image search: [Google]
b2809b72d11018915740.jpg
133KB, 736x494px
>>35455582

I have family there that I rarely visit. That is a beautiful picture, but it's tough to get to places like that without a good atv or helicopter. Anchorage looks like pic related for the most part.
>>
>>35457997
>>what if accidentally flirt with man's wife or daughter

keep it in your pants, Casanova
>>
we need to all get each others contact info and meet up there, that way we can have our own social group from /r9k/

i'm dead ass serious this sounds like the ultimate adventure. i'll probably just stay and live in alaska
>>
>>35453995
Thanks, but I'd rather keep my fingers.
>>
>>35458546
My nigga this is probably the best episode of Skeptic Tank ever. I go back and listen to this every couple of months. Great story.
>>
>>35458592
>boxing cross fit instructor or the illegal alien i helped out at his swap meet or my uncle who hired me to help him out carry stuff.

wow, do a couple hours of work 1 day. That's NOTHING compared to working 14 hrs, 7 days a week. Keep deluding yourself retard, you think you can handle it when you're not actually doing the work.
>>
>>35458628
well, I haven't been accepted to a job yet but all the places I applied to were in Naknek
>>
>>35458600
Not really, I live there and I can see the mountains most of the time. Although I've never been to any of the trailer parks.
>>
>>35458341
>18 hours per day
>7days in week
>cold and wet
>full workhours of nothing but wearing out your hands
These working conditions cannot be legal
>>
>>35458546
Sorry he actually starts the cannery story at about 49 mins in
>>35458672
I know I love Dan his voice is nice desu. Skeptic tank is probably the only podcast I listen to now, great friend simulator.
>>
>>35458679

i would do it

also forgot to mention all the time i would spend at college when i didn't know how to drive, from 5am to catch the bus, and arriving at 11pm. not eating anything and spending all my free time in the library as I waiting for the next class

at least I'd have more confidence in that job then pretending that I could excel in the subjects I was taking
>>
>>35458897

*arriving home at 11pm
>>
>>35454910
Some people pay thousands of dollars to travel to Alaska. Here you get to go for free (I'm sure you'd have some days off from work to explore it).

If I wasn't already gainfully employed, I'd probably consider this.
>>
>>35459053
>(I'm sure you'd have some days off from work to explore it).

you don't
>>
>>35457528
oh right I see, I guess that is the kind of thing I should be aiming for

if I follow safety procedures to the letter there shouldn't be any drawbacks
>>
>>35459094
Really? Working every day for months on end? Something doesn't seem right there.
>>
>>35459178
In the job descriptions i've read, they say to prepare for 12-18 hour days/ 6-7 days a week.
>>
>>35459414
This is why most of them do meth all summer and why alaska has a huge meth problem because a bunch of industries go into overdrive in summer because they shut down in winter.

You get paid overtime though and you basically work really fucking hard for a few months and take the rest of the year off.
>>
>>35458341
Fuck that, I'd rather take my chances getting shot robbing a convenience store so I could purposely go to prison before I'd take that hellhole job
>>
>>35458341
>potentially 18 hours a day 7 days a week

You would have to pay me at least 20 dollars an hour for me to even consider such a shit job
>>
File: hahaha.jpg (74KB, 540x376px) Image search: [Google]
hahaha.jpg
74KB, 540x376px
>>35454910

Fucking KEK my man

Orangechicken
>>
>>35453995
I don't know how anyone could do that.
>>
>>35458341
Think about it you NEETS. I went from wage cucking 40 hours a week, single guy, only my self in deductions. I was taxed 33% and that's if I did no overtime. With overtime it's even higher. Now I work part time 16 hours a week and I was taxed 14%. With 12-18 hr days you will kiss half your paycheck to the government and smell like shit. Plus it's cold AF in the warehouse they can't have it 80 degrees otherwise the fish would rot. Your going to be working in 30-40 degree weather if not cooler
>>
Have working in meat preparation faculty. pic related is third world tier. Here you have chainmail gloves sometimes chainmail arms and chest. so you just have to make sure your cutting hand ALWAYS on your knife and not on product.
>>
File: 1458019881399.gif (999KB, 958x734px) Image search: [Google]
1458019881399.gif
999KB, 958x734px
>>35453995
>Want a fun summer job?
>Come feed the neo-capitalist regime of working cheap human labor til they're nothing but husks!
>We'll fly you to bum-fuck Alaska where you can enjoy all the local sights of your dingy hotel room we booked for you and the factory floor!
>Because of the lax labor laws here, that's all you'll see!
>Because you'll be working!

You'd be better off selling fucking kitchen knives in a pyramid scheme if you're that desperate for cash
>>
Alaska sucks ass, lived here my entire life. The novelty of the mountains and nature wear off when you realize you're surrounded by heroin addict rednecks and the weird daylight hours fuck with you.
>>
Lol at pussies who complain about hard work. I uses to work for a railroad working 16 hour days 6 days a week. I highly recommend some shit like this to you guys who need some direction in life.

You get to travel for free
You'll make shit loads of money
You'll develop a strong work ethic that will help you in life

I mean if you're living at home not doing shit just stockpile all that money into your account and come home. A few months isn't shit and you'll have some cool stories to tell.
>>
>>35454355
$10hr? lmfao. mcdonalds pays more and is down the street.
>>
I'm 23, never worked a day in my life, and have 127 dollars in my checking account. I'm getting kicked out on Monday, and I was rejected everywhere, including places like McDonalds.

I'm very desperate and I might actually consider this.

Does anyone else have any advice? I'm probably gonna be homeless.
>>
>>35462039
mcdonald's dpesn't pay for your food and housing though
>>
>>35453995
>NEETS working
you are cute norman we NEETS dont work and if we work, we work vague work.
>>
>>35453995
Is that osaka seafood concern?
>>
>>35454049

>legalized personal amounts of meth??

That sounds like grade-A bullplops.
>>
I enjoy eating seafood but the smell of dead fish makes me throw up
>>
>>35462261

Fresh dead fish smells almost like nothing.
>>
>>35461981
>Lol at pussies who complain about hard work. I uses to work for a railroad working 16 hour days 6 days a week. I highly recommend some shit like this to you guys who need some direction in life.

>I sit on my ass for 12 hours a day, maybe move around 4 hours and consider that hard work

meanwhile this alaska seafood processing is 16 hours of standing, cutting fish, and carrying that heavy shit with 0 days off.
>>
Could someone from the UK get this job? Or us it Americans open. Guessing I'd need a work visa which I've heard are hard to get in the US. I can work long hours easily and I'm just lost in life, this would honestly be preferable to neetdom.
>>
Never mind just looked it up. Gotta be a US citizen. Reeeeeee, I just want to go on an adventure
>>
>>35463291
adventure? the only thing I can think of for you is the French foreign legion, but that's a much bigger commitment than this. You have to be /fit/ too
>>
>>35453995
Do you live in Anchorage, anon?
>>
>>35462375
I used to work outside building roadrailers you fucking mongoloid. I was NEET before that job and haven't looked back since.

Awh does the poor baby have to fuking stand upright all day? How will you survive?
>>
>>35453995
>$10-15 / hour standing up, freezing my shit off, fish stink, all day every day
>vs
>$20 / hour sitting down by computer, drinking warm coffee and eating a sandwich, do some work, browse 4chan

Why would anyone do this?
It's not like its something you do to improve your CV.
Beyond proving that you are as good as a Chinese labor slave.
>>
>>35462088
If I was in America I'd do this. You'd get like 46k before taxes for 3-4 months of work.
>>
>>35458341
there arent people that actually do this are there?

id rather be a fucking hobo
>>
>>35463746
I would be down for it if it were 12 hours max. I don't think I could handle 18.
>>
>>35463746
IKR?

I looked up a random processing company in Alaska, and you can make maybe $10k in 6 months. Base pay is $9.80/hour and 14 something for overtime.

And "some college education is preferred."

I guess they provide room and board too, but Im sure it sucks.
>>
>>35463372
no, seattle, which is good because a lot of companies will fly you from there as well
>>
>>35463560
that requires skills tho
>>
>>35464041
Oh well, can never find any anons in Anchorage, shame.
>>
>>35464117
I'll stop by on my layover
>>
>>35464172
It's a pretty shit city desu, drunks and druggies everywhere, don't stay long, it's a trap.
Thread posts: 90
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.