[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Mental Illness thread

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 68
Thread images: 10

File: swet.png (899KB, 557x593px) Image search: [Google]
swet.png
899KB, 557x593px
post whatever mental illness you have been diagnosed with, and symptoms (optional) as well as medication (also optional)

I used to be pretty normal but then I got heavily into psychadelics (did acid about 7 times this year, smoked weed almost every day and tripped on shrooms twice) and my life fell apart.

Diagnosis: I am officially diagnosed with OCD, depression, ADHD, insomnia

Medication: Adderall SR30 twice a day, Bupropion, Seroquel 200 MG

Symptoms: I have zero ability to delay gratification so this means I won't even try to fall asleep on my own and must take heavy duty sleeping pills and can't sit down and eat whole meals or save any money.

I have an aura of negative energy and impatience that follows me around everywhere and makes every waking moment truly agonizing and time pass slow as shit and makes it so I have to constantly move around to not be miserable (watching TV and movies or sports is agonizing as hell). Also attempting to fall asleep is possibly the worst feeling of all because I know I will be unsuccessful and the horrible feeling in my brain will never subside (but luckily I have sleeping pills which knock me tf out)

I am an extreme perfectionist when it comes to things I care about (writing, washing my car, getting enough protein) but am other wise messy as shit and a slob

I have an addictive personality and always want to get high, but I don't even enjoy that anymore because the come down from any drug isn't worth the come up

The only thing that gives me joy in life anymore is my car which I wash 3 times a week and drive around aimlessly in, which helps me take my mind off how horrible I feel and how much I want to kill myself.

Overall, the only reason why I am still alive is that I have not yet saved up enough money to buy a gun and it is probably pretty hard for someone with my mental history to get one. My life goal is to save up enough to buy a shotgun, and hold it up to the roof of my motuh
>>
Mental illness is kike propaganda dont fall for it, under their definition many of humanity greatest minds would be considered mentally ill such as Picasso , Newton etc

Dont fall for it
>>
>>35452860
Sounds like you're bipolar. Kudos. It sucks, tremendously.
>>
>>35452806
>BPD
>No meds
>Tried therapy
>CBT was pretty useful.
>>
>Born not breathing
>had to be put into incubation
>suffered from bad dyslexia through school
>came out with bottom of the barrel grades

I just wanted to become and engineer and make my parents proud. Not working in a department store.
>>
>>35452906
ehhh, man I know that feel. Fuck.
>>
Meditate for at least 20 minutes a day (longer the better).
Buy a book on a sever-week mindfulness practice.
Exercise several times a week if you can, if not, go for a 30 minute daily walk
Eventually look into nutritional diet as well as ADHD-related heavy metal toxification

That should hopefully solve all you listed.
>>
>>35452806
Schizophrenia and out of 9 year long severe chronic depression. Had episodes of depersonalization/derealization commorbid panic disorder.

>>35452860
hurr durr anything that I didn't experience isn't real
>>
>>35452960
>depersonalization/derealization
I had it. Check out my thread on this
http://www.dpselfhelp.com/forum/index.php?/topic/54425-what-causes-dpdr-and-how-to-break-out-of-it/

If it improves but doesn't seem to go, eventually you may get to a point where you notice it but pay it very little attention, so it barely affects you nor gives you anxiety anymore.
>>
>>35452959
several-week*
The one by Mark Williams is great
>>
>Used to work in in-patient psychiatry
>Patients were either drama queens who had nothing wrong with them apart from being fagets or had such severe mental illness that they would never function in the real world for long periods of time

It was always annoying seeing people who had very mild psych diseases acting like the world was about to end. And people having pseudo-seizures was also annoying because you had to review/'stabilise' them until they stopped.

Can't believe anyone chooses to be a psych doctor, seems like such a shit job. Bet the private money is great though.
>>
>major depression and suicide tendencies

I've been feeling way better since I stopped giving a fuck though. Guess pills really work
>>
>>35452806
>BPD
>Venlafaxine 150mg
>>
>>35453757
And I've done CBT and waiting for MBT to start.
>>
Bipolar Type II
Depakote, 750mg XR, once a day.

Adult ADHD.
15mg Adderall XR, once a day.
5mg tablets supplement as needed.

Unfortunately my insurance changed, which means my doctor changed, and apparently he takes issue with both of my medications and wants to change them all.
20 years of therapy and failed SSRIs, I finally find something that works and have the history and paperwork to prove it.
Now they want to take it away.

I've lost 8lb this week because I've barely been eating from how stressed I am over this.
>>
Too antisocial to actually talk to a doctor because shits embarrassing, but I have suicidal thoughts everyday and about one major breakdown a week where me, a 6'1" male, cry's, and about once a month I have a sucifal outburst when I actually try to work up the courage to off myself, I never was successful, but I also really haven't tried to kill myself. I also am not a phyco, but I feel like I might also be schizotypal and schizoid. But idk, I might just be a little bitch, fuck, I might be worse than I think, I don't know.
>>
how does the venlafaxine help?
>>
>>35454190
Go see a doctor and talk to them anyways.
Just don't expect them to fix anything directly.
>>
Chronic depression and irrational social anxiety here.

Currently putting off a phone call to schedule an interview because I keep getting that sinking feeling in my chest whenever I think about doing it.
I really need to do it. I know I do. But my body doesn't listen. And before I know it, it's too late to call.

Fuck me man. Why do I have to be like this?
>>
>>35452860
>Tell someone that something is wrong with them
>Offer them a solution or "cure"
>Profit off from them, making your living more comfortable

People still literally fall for this. Feels good to be woke.
>>
diagnosed bipolar 1 back in 09, diagnosed schizophrenic in 12. unmedicated since '13.

from what I've read about brain chemistry it seems like bipolar and schizophrenia are diametrically opposed since one has comes about from a low dopamine level and the other from an excess of it. I don't know how somebody is supposed to have both.

it's probably all bullshit. or, at least that's what I've been telling myself.
>>
>>35452860
Those people WERE mentally ill. I guarantee you Picasso had sever borderline disorder and Newton was at minimum a huge autismo
Tesla was a fucking whackjob and the man basically invented modern electricity.

That doesn't mean every nutter is secretly a genius. Most of us are just people who want to feel normal.
>>
>>35452806
I have something called ARFID. It's basically food anxiety, where I can only eat certain foods prepared in certain ways from only certain brands without feeling extremely anxious and uneasy.

For example, I eat cereal almost every night for dinner. It either has to be raisin bran, special k, or cinnamon life. For lunch I eat either salsa, or pizza, but most days I just skip. I can eat almost all breakfast foods, but not bacon or eggs.

I've been eating like this my entire life, and although I feel somewhat fatigued if I haven't had caffeine in awhile, the doctors have said I am perfectly healthy, somehow. AMA if anyone cares.
>>
i think i've eaten close to 20 tabs this year so far. i've also done pcp a few times. probably a poor choice. i've been using opiates the last 7 months too and am starting to quit since i got disgusted with myself for doing them on acid. ive been clean for close to a week besides just using a really small amount once out of despiration to sleep. it is living hell and everyone around me knows something is wrong. i can barely sleep and im really pissy and spaced out and hurt.

i was kinda fucked to begin with but i feel like a useless fuck right now. im really physically ill and suicidal and i ditched my gf today to lay in bed and cry. i feel like everyone around me hates me now and that im going to fuck everything up and ruin my life.

im kinda similar to you, i can be perfectionistic about some of my work to the point of destroying it since i know it won't be good enough, but live kinda messy. i'm struggling so hard right now to not use. i really want to be clean. i've used stims recently to success to get work done since im a useless lazy fuck and they helped until i figured out about jacking off on stims now they are kinda useless and grody.

life is hell for me right now and im just trying to keep my mind occupied. im too slow and stupid from WDs to really do anything so i've just been playing a bunch of dota. my gf guilt tripped me about not hanging out and i get to keep thinking about that too and get thought loops about her leaving me and shit and its just a terrible day on top of 4-5 hours of sleep the last few days. bet i can't sleep tonight either. i keep fantasizing about suicide too, and i actually have a shotgun and enough benzos and opiates to kill a horse.
>>
File: chr.png (970KB, 595x598px) Image search: [Google]
chr.png
970KB, 595x598px
going insane from psychadelic withdrawal?
>>
>>35452806
I had (((oppositional defiant disorder))) and now have OCD where I get an urge to punch random people in the face. I was also labeled gifted and talented but that was just to take me out of class without offending my parents. Shit sucked, fuck elementary school.
>>
how did oppositional defiant disorder manifest itself??
>>
you're better than me. I have 3 tabs left and if I had a shotgun I would just bad trip hard asf and killing myself would be so easy
>>
I'm about 40% sure I have autism actually. But I don't want to know for sure
>>
File: 1455851833738.jpg (153KB, 550x550px) Image search: [Google]
1455851833738.jpg
153KB, 550x550px
>>35452806
Diagnosed with tourettes. Didn't have any verbal tics but I did all sorts of wierd physical shit. I was prescribed some kind of antipsychotic drug and never took any. Its sort of like OCD, you get some stupid physical movement in your head and it bothers you until you do it. My symptoms arent so bad anymore but I still do stuff like moving my jaw around and blinking hard like a retarded person.
>>
>>35452806
Bipolar, and a bunch of other shit I don't remember and probably don't have (that's what you get for going to hospital)
It has its ups and downs
I'm on a bunch of lamictal for it

It's a pretty good medication in that it has no noticeable side effects ime but it's not doing as much for the depression side of things as I'd like

I'd get on antidepressants too but last time I did that I lasted like a week before I was getting naked and spending all my money

Where my bipolar niggas at?
>>
>>35452806
OCD
ADHD
GAD
Social Anxiety Disorder
PTSD
Insomnia

All professionally diagnosed because self diagnosis is ultra fucking retarded and is ways NTs feel they can become "special". I want to beat every self-dxer over the head with a club.
I refuse to take meds now because last time I took them I was prescribed adderall and it made me get some wicked tactile hallucinations
0/10, made my neurosis a million times worse
>>
>Diagnosis; Gender Dysphoria

>Symptoms; feeling like shit when being a man

>Medication; Estrogen, general HRT.
>>
only schizophrenia and psychosis are mental illnesses. everything else is just manchild personality disorder.
>>
damn. I feel a lot better knowing I'm not the only one with a mental disease.
>>
>>35452806
Body dysmorphia

Medication:nothing
treatment: nothing
>>
I have a long psychiatric history.

First diagnosis was childhood ADHD I was between 6 and 10, don't remember. I still have it.

>can't focus on anything for long
>bored with tasks before even done them
>hard to get really into hobbies and interests
>sometimes bad at listening or following directions
>easily amused

I was diagnosed with BPD and attachment disorder, they dropped the BPD then gave me conduct disorder with no real plan to help me and abused me for having CD. I was 14.

>Borderline personality disorder
>no real sense of identity
>disassociate
>no self-direction or consistent goals
>intense and unstable social relationships
>extreme impulsivity and risk taking
>probably other symptoms

>Attachment disorder
>can't really form connections with people because of neglect and abuse
>not very good at being affectionate
>distrust towards everyone

>Conduct disorder.
>early substance abuse
>violence with other children and animals
>constantly breaking rules
>theft and persistent, impulsive lying

The last psychologist I saw told me I have antisocial personality disorder and that there's not really any way of helping it at this point, and that childhood ADHD, plus abuse and early criminal history, is basically the recipe for it.

>goal setting based on gratification
>poor self-direction and inconsistent goals; lack of long term planning
>lack of empathy and ability for intimacy
>constant lying and impulsively fabricating irrelevant things
>easily make, but can't keep friends
>bad temper
>irresponsible
>extremely impulsive
>risk-taking
>substance abuse
>constantly, always bored

I have pretty inconsistent feelings towards life. I'm mostly content, but I feel a constant sense of alienation and being different. It's extremely hard to actually accomplish anything, and I'm kind of successful for my age, but I feel like I'm missing some things most others aren't, and sometimes none of it means much. I probably end up a drug addict and kill myself before 30 desu.
>>
>>35455323
dude that's weird. I get that urge to punch whoever is talking to me in the face too sometimes. I end up putting my hands in my back pockets to ensure I don't do it. it's fucking crazy
>>
>>35452806
I really wish we had mental illness generals.
>>
>>35457795
wow.. I feel like I have what you have. Iv'e been to a phyciatrist once and diagnosed with chronic depression but he was an ass and i'm sure he misdiagnosed me.. I struggled with much more than depression and feel a lot of the symptoms you described. also that last part, they sound like a terrible phycologist wow telling you you can't get help wtf.. I dealt with a terrible therapist who accused me of eating disorders and was a total bitch.
>>
File: assburger stare.png (275KB, 463x660px) Image search: [Google]
assburger stare.png
275KB, 463x660px
I got diagnosed with asperger's syndrome last year. I have no cognitive impairments (I have above average IQ), but I'm definitely a social retard. My most noticeable symptoms are my self stimulations aka stims: I clack my teeth together, I sometimes breathe in huffs with strict pattern, I pick up small items and drop them rhythmically etc.

I've been NEET since 2011, but I'm planning to get back to school next fall.
>>
>>35452806
Current diagnoses: Depression, GAD, Binge Eating Disorder/Bulimia Nervosa
Former diagnoses: Anorexia Nervosa
I'm currently taking citalopram, which does fuck all for any of it. I have tried around a dozen other antidepressants, but they either make me full-non manic or they make my depression worse. I took clonazepam for a couple of years, which was great, but I stopped when I started to abuse it (withdrawals are hell, I never want to touch a benzo again.)

Symptoms: the usual depression and anxiety stuff; hopelessness, no motivation, can't find pleasure in anything (besides food, hence my other issues), poor sleep, feeling uneasy and restless for no reason, hate being around people because they make me extremely nervous, etc.
for my food issues, I was anorexic from ages 13-16. Went through treatment a few times and restored my weight, and things were okay for a while. Then I started to compulsively eat for emotional reasons. I didn't put on much weight but the behavior was there. Now I'm in a binge/purge cycle where I'll eat huge amounts and then either puke it up or fast/overexercise in the days following. I'm hoping to get some topomax or vyvanse from my shrink, to see if they will curb the binge episodes. We'll see though. It feels pretty bad man, I am trapped and I know that it will never improve
>>
>>35458342
I think antisocial personality disorder/depression comorbidity is very uncommon since the former usually means your feelings don't last as long and you're constantly chasing after stimulation. I don't have trouble doing things like someone with depression, and I feel only passingly sad. I actually wish I could feel depressed or sad for longer sometimes. That said, there's a lot that can sound similar. I didn't really know what was wrong for a long time since I wasn't told my CD diagnosis.

I wondered if I was depressed sometimes, but it was more like an affect thing, and psychologists didn't think I was depressed, but couldn't figure out what was wrong, since I was never honest because it doesn't really seem beneficial to me to ever talk about my real feelings or how I treated others.

Personality disorders are basically always under/misdiagnosed too.

>also that last part, they sound like a terrible phycologist wow telling you you can't get help wtf.. I dealt with a terrible therapist who accused me of eating disorders and was a total bitch.
The problem is a lot of psychologists and psychiatrists don't really see personality disorders as treatable. I was told it's just who I am and that my pd in particular is practically untreatable.

I feel like I want help, but I don't know who to trust or go to for help, feel like no one would care about helping me, and my feelings of wanting help usually pass fast then I see no point and am content, but it's hard to be impulsive seeing a psychologist. Being abused by them before doesn't help my trust either. I just want to function normally, love, care for, and hate different people, but I don't know who to love or who to hate. I want to stop lying and being manipulative towards people but I don't know how to.
>>
>>35457000
What's your mental disease?
>>35458484
Is there anything you can do to help symptoms of Aspergers?
>>35458583
That sounds pretty brutal to deal with. I've always had problems undereating too, though I don't have an eating disorder. I'm sorry you have to go through that.
>>
>>35458687
Hmm well i can be manipulatvie without even realizing it sometimes but i think generally i'm a really nice person who deals with the shittiest people in life and it tears me up.. maybe we dont relate much idk.. i think i just have depression and chronic fatigue syndrome and i tend to push everyone away as well. I'm super nice to people and get thrown around and used easily and send mixed signals to people on accident. I'm like socially retarded idk or just havent found the right people. I'm easy to use lol but sorry for the rant geez i wish you luck and hope you can change for the better
>>
>>35452806
>Adderall SR30 twice a day
jesus christ your dopamine levels must he FUCKED to be taking this alone
>>
>>35458882
I'm always manipulative without thinking about it too. It's very subtle and I thought stuff like that would be obvious. I always thought I was a really nice person and didn't realise how shitty I was capable of being. It feels weirder now that I recognise it, because I'm indifferent emotionally towards my own behaviour and don't feel bad, I see benefit to changing sometimes but don't really know how, and usually I don't care. I just do whatever I feel like and feel benefits me (except I'm neurotic enough my idea of "what benefits me" probably is rarely anything really beneficial).

>think i just have depression and chronic fatigue syndrome and i tend to push everyone away as well. I'm super nice to people and get thrown around and used easily and send mixed signals to people on accident. I'm like socially retarded idk or just havent found the right people.
That sounds accurate. You probably don't have any personality disorder which is a good thing. Hopefully your problems get better with time.
>I'm easy to use lol but sorry for the rant geez i wish you luck and hope you can change for the better
I'm more the one ranting anyway, but thanks. I just feel very despondent sometimes and my problems aren't the sort you want to actually complain about to anyone, so I tend to keep my feelings to myself when I get like this. I already regret posting them and my history on /r9k/ instead.
>>
>>35458843
I appreciate that anon. I'm frustrated with myself because I know how stupid the binging is, but when I go into it, it's like a trance. I disassociate and lose all ability to rationalize until it's too late. The only thing I can do is to keep trying to better myself. I have no motivation to do so but eventually I'll get tired of it and start making changes
>>
>>35458843
>Is there anything you can do to help symptoms of Aspergers?
You may wanna double check what I'm about to say to verify its accuracy, but I believe all autism disorders are incurable. You can make adjustments in the individual's life that makes everyday life with the disorder easier, but you cannot actually lessen the symptoms per se. Neither therapy or medication actually cures the symptoms. You can just find ways to work around the difficulties you might face because of them.

Again, I recommend double checking this with a google search or two. I can check my notes from my old clinical psychology uni class if you really care about the answer.
>>
>alcohol induced depression
150mg of sertraline
>slight autism
was just told i probably have this, and i mean im here so...
>have trouble going to sleep
was given some trazodone to help with that but i dont really find it works that well
also the madman prescribed me 100 0.5mg tabs of clonazepam to help with alcohol withdrawals. dont abuse them cause fuck what ive heard about benzo withdrawals. not that alcohol withdrawals are any better and i usually dont take them except at night or to calm me down a bit.
also a bunch of vitamins and shit but that isn't prescription
>>
>almost kill myself and mom on the way out
>slow to talk, show some symptoms in line with autism through childhood
>first depressive episode and suicidal thoughts at eight years old
>gets better eventually
>remission at 13, first start abusing opiates and booze
>diagnosed with depression and anxiety by pediatrician, see psychiatrist who diagnosed me with high functioning tism
>I see where she was coming from, but don't really agree, didn't really care either way, mom freaks out though
>see another psychiatrist, laughs off the tism diagnosis
>slowly goes into remission, I'm social and assertive at school, if not unmotivated. Popular guy at school; classmates like me, underclassmen look up to me, and staff tolerate my antics
>go to college and depression comes back full force
>addiction is pretty bad too, I'm clean now, but the cravings are so bad. I'm one bad day away from copping some smack and plugging that shit
And that's me so far. Given the pattern of relapse and remission, and the fact that even when I'm not super depressed I'm still not very functional, I think it might be bipolar II and not regular depression.
>>
>>35452959
New-age alt medicine doesn't work for shit
>>
File: 1487205317103.jpg (243KB, 1079x800px) Image search: [Google]
1487205317103.jpg
243KB, 1079x800px
I just started olanzapine a few days ago, does anyone have any experience with it?
>>
epilepsy. i win
>>
I have autism. My symptoms include having no friends and spending almost all of my time on the internet.

Also pedophilia but that isn't really a mental disorder despite what the DSM says.
>>
>>35454409
They are actually very genetically related, so much so that schizoaffective disorder is a diagnosis.
>>
File: suicide womb pepe 3 lololol.jpg (22KB, 499x499px) Image search: [Google]
suicide womb pepe 3 lololol.jpg
22KB, 499x499px
>>35452806
Bipolar 2, dpd, generalized anxiety, social anxiety, stpd, avpd, spd, adhd, possible aspergers.

I'm a major player in the game of sadfag
>>
>>35452806
Depression, Generalized Anxiety Disorder (though I personally want it changed to a Panic Attack disorder)

Seeing the psych on Tuesday.

I went outside for 3 hours today walking aimlessly. I liked it. I even went to a movie with friends. Problem is it always feels like I'm coming down off of temporary highs when I'm happy. It feels like I'm always doomed to be miserable no matter how much I improve myself.

So, time for Effexor. Hope this is it. I've tried living off of meds, and it's hard. Meds aren't my savior, but I really need a band-aid right now.
>>
>>35452806
I have a bit of Asperger's and ADD together
That's what my doc said
Right now I'm taking PMS-methylphenidate 5mg
No friends, dumped twice and too pussy to kill myself
>>
File: feel shrek.jpg (54KB, 500x721px) Image search: [Google]
feel shrek.jpg
54KB, 500x721px
>>35462177
>too pussy to kill myself
iktf robroginal
>>
>>35452959
fuck off

reaogeaouha
>>
File: 1489190751969.jpg (54KB, 743x800px) Image search: [Google]
1489190751969.jpg
54KB, 743x800px
I have adipophilia (self diagnosed) and that's it
>>
File: no longer flavortown.png (91KB, 240x255px) Image search: [Google]
no longer flavortown.png
91KB, 240x255px
Autism/Aspergers

I just experience isolation, no friends, loneliness, obsessions and deep memory storage

I'm not on any medications at all.
I was on fluvox 2-3 yrs ago, but they made me lose my mind and hunger so I stopped.
>>
>>35452959
>t. white Buddhist from San Francisco
>>
>beginning to have a mental breakdown
wew lads
>>
you're all just beta faggots, stop trying to blame your shitty personality on mental illness
>>
>>35463692
what if we blame it on jews and the degeneration of western society?
>>
File: trumpfanboy.png (37KB, 960x540px) Image search: [Google]
trumpfanboy.png
37KB, 960x540px
>>35463754
then its okay
Thread posts: 68
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.