[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Are there any female comedians that are actually funny?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 4

Are there any female comedians that are actually funny?
>>
Whoopi Goldberg has some amusing moments, but her standup is boring.

Otherwise, no, it's 99% "LMAO I EAT FOOD ISNT FOOD GREAT LOOK AT WHAT A FAT FUCK I AM EVEN IF I EXERCISE SUPER HARD AND REALLY DON'T PIG OUT EVER TO KEEP MY FORM SLIM XDDDD GIRLS RIGHT XDDDD"
>>
>>35452697

They can be funny when they're working on tv shows and reading someone else's material. Kaitlin Olson and Mindy Kaling spring to mind.
>>
File: 1489150183467.gif (462KB, 342x342px) Image search: [Google]
1489150183467.gif
462KB, 342x342px
I saw one once on netflix
There's exceptions to every rule
The exceptions, of course, do not disprove the rule
>>
even if one is considered the funniest in the female group they still stink compared to male comedians. there's no bill burrs, patrice o'neals, dave chappelles of female comedians.

https://youtu.be/fjIuPSuYSOY?t=49s
>>
>>35452697
The bird from 30 rock that wrote the first Mean Girls movie.

Joan Rivers. I know she started the whole 'I like all dicks and money, and food I shouldn't.' but she was actually good at it.

There was a a few British comedians but I can't recall their name. They never gained as much popularity on panel shows as the fucking annoying cunt with the puppet, or the fat cunt geordie.
>>
Victoria Wood is actually pretty funny. But Amy Schumer doesn't deserve a career.
>>
File: Leslie.png (254KB, 382x498px) Image search: [Google]
Leslie.png
254KB, 382x498px
If actors are considered comedians, Amy poehler is pretty funny
>>
i don't think stand-up is funny

there are plenty of female comedic actresses with excellent timing who seem to be pretty good at improvising--kaitlin olson etc.
>>
Aisling Bea is funny sometimes but I haven't seen loads of her stand up.

>>35453022
Jessica Stevenson and Tamsin Greig are pretty good comedy actresses. Although I've only seen them in Spaced and Black Books/Green Wing.
>>
Sarah Millican is ok
>>
the female actresses who work with Chris Morris and Steve Coogan are generally really good at deadpan and funny af. Rebecca Front, Amelia Bullmore, Felicity Montagu, etc

Maria Bamford's funny. Also Jill Talley was easily one of the funniest people on mr. Show besides bob and david.

>"David, I respect your right to be bald. But I reject this choice that you've made."

>"Jill, this isn't a choice; it's just how God made me."

>"...then I reject God."
>>
>>35453299
Allyson Levy from PFFR and Kristen Schaal are damn funny, also.
>>
>>35452783
>Mindy Kaling
Her show is terrible though. I kow she was involved in The Office but I attribute that to the actors and the guy who played Ryan. Because there's no way she can go from that to her own terrible show
>>
File: women_are_funny_get_over_it.jpg (81KB, 576x400px) Image search: [Google]
women_are_funny_get_over_it.jpg
81KB, 576x400px
Based Kanye making her look even more retarded.
>>
Maria Bamford is very funny
Tina Fey wrote one of the funniest shows in the history of the planet

but yes, 95% of female comedians are garbage. And Tina Fey never did stand-up so I'm not quite sure if you would call her a comedian. She is funny as fuck as a writer though
>>
>>35452744
i cringe every fucking time. 90% of roasties "humor" is bragging about how much the love food.
>>
>>35453541
Don't forget 'I HAVE A VAGINA!'
>>
>>35453566
i was talking about regular roasties mostly, not necessarily comedians. although i have to admit that norman males also have bad sense of humour, except they joke about getting wasted instead of food
>>
WHAT'S THE DEAL WITH PERIODS LMAO

GIVING BIRTH IS LITERALLY HITLER

VAGINA
>>
I FART AND BURP WITHOUT INHIBITIONS, IF I DIDNT BLEED FROM VAGINA ONCE A MONTH I WOULD BE LITERALLY A MAN ROFL
>>
>>35452697
Iliza Shlesinger is pretty funny.
>>
>>35452783
>Mindy Kaling
there's no way she is actually funny

she's never even produced a funny character
>>
>>35453700
>Iliza Shlesinger

I EAT FOOD LOL
LOOK AT ME
I EAT
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4wzpYDnqhiI
>>
>>35453437
>the guy in the back starts laughing when Yeeza just walks past a bitch.

You know in his head he was thinking 'white bitches'.
>>
>>35453741
lol you're a fag, go find her earlier standup

you want to find a shitty female comedian go look up Sarah Cummings, and get back to me.
>>
>>35453741
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AVp9IDgkor0
>>
OP i dont know if you even deserve these sugestions bcs mby you didnt try hard enough to find what i found... but mby you have tried and had bad luck so far, idk. FIRST AND FOREMOST Emily Heller made the most geniuos joke ever about being single.... i mean watch it on Conan O Brians site.... and generaly her jokes, good, cringy somewhat and wonky imperfect but reaally good jokes some of them and even delivery mostly shes charming acutally in a way, and she is better than the wast majority of male comedians, thats my point, then i like Sarah Sileverman, Joan Rivers was kinda funny sometimes tho i hate her as a person but based on what i saw on Louie she can be an ok comic
>>
>>35452697
>female comedians
That's an oxymoron, OP.
>>
I think women are generally better at improv or comic acting than stand up
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.