[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Advertisement | Home]

who /improving themselves/ here?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3

File: 1481501856613.gif (2MB, 360x414px) Image search: [Google]
1481501856613.gif
2MB, 360x414px
>tfw when i can finally hold a conversation and it's not about my interest
the trick is to keep mental notes on how other people act when they're socializing
>>
File: 542223698.png (6KB, 244x206px) Image search: [Google]
542223698.png
6KB, 244x206px
>>35450188
>tfw i have 10+ real friends
>tfw people are noticing i hit the gym
[spoiler>]the trick is to keep mental notes on how other people act when they're socializing
Like watching other people socialize and then act like how you remember they acted ?[/spoiler]
>>
>>35450446
yeah, exactly!

orgen doner
>>
>the trick is to keep mental notes on how other people act when they're socializing
I did this a while back until I eventually realized that socialization is all about putting on a mask of someone other people want to be around
It's all good until it gets to be soul-crushing, which eventually led me to lose all friends and be lonely, by choice. I'd rather be alone but me than be with people but not myself.
>>
File: little_rat.png (176KB, 298x375px) Image search: [Google]
little_rat.png
176KB, 298x375px
>>35450188
>going back to university monday
I already made myself lose a fuckload of weight, so much in fact that none of my clothes fit me anymore and I haven't got around to getting new ones yet, shit sucks. Hopefully I look better now (still can't do anything about my disgusting face, tho).

I'm gonna try putting on a different persona from now on, too. Not act like a different person entirely, but rather like a cooler version of myself. I'm even trying to change the way I speak (talking slower and more with more calm as to stop eating words when I get nervous, that kinda shit) and my posture. I doubt any of this will actually work, but might as well try, right?
>>
>>35450885
You need to be yourself, retard.
>>
I'm going to the gym everyday practically, I lift weights 3 times per week and I am in the process of quitting my weed habit. I cut down to only smoking before bed at night and sometimes I don't even feel the craving to do it then.
>>
>>35451137
"myself" is a person who prefers to be alone. It was when I realized this that I stopped pretending to want to be around others out of mere desire to be social due to how I was raised, and basically what society promotes.

When I realized I actually didn't care about that I am free now.
>>
>>35450188
>the trick is to keep mental notes on how other people act when they're socializing
What do you mean by this
>>
>>35451082
It's work the effort. Atleast you are in motion
This board needs more self-improvement threads
>>
I'm learning a foreign language
Improving my appeareance
Trying to fix the main thing that prevents me from progressing in life
tfw it'll take years
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Posts and uploaded images are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that website. If you need information about a Poster - contact 4chan. This project is not affiliated in any way with 4chan.