[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I really just can't understand..

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 1

File: anime_bleach.jpg (38KB, 538x538px) Image search: [Google]
anime_bleach.jpg
38KB, 538x538px
This girl and I talk fairly regularly (at least a convo every few days) over Discord and it has gotten into personal things sometimes so she at least feels comfortable talking to me/venting to me about that. She also will initiate conversation.

..buut she'll randomly stop replying for hours, and by hours I mean at least 15 at a time and sometimes go days and days without replying. In the meantime, she's clearly playing games or at least on her computer as Discord indicates and she's not trying to hide it. She also didn't say anything to me on my birthday which kind of sucked, because I had mentioned it a little the day before and eventually she just didn't reply. It's been three days and stuff like this has happened before; we've been talking for 3 months. So... wtf?

If she never initiated convos I wouldn't be questioning this. She clearly wouldn't have any interest in talking to me. Except, she does talk to me uninitiated. Why bother doing that and then not replying for hours or even fucking days? and I know I'm not even being obsessive, like, this is just frustrating. It's annoying. It's not like waiting 10 or even 50 minutes for a response, it's fucking DAYS. Whhhhyyyyy...
>>
>>35447385
Two options:
1) Doesn't want to hurt your feelings, so she's only interested in talking to you at her leisure as that's all she can muster
2) She genuinely doesn't want to bother you by talking to you too much, because she has immensely low self-esteem and doesn't think that you want to talk to her, despite what's in front of her face

1 is a lot more likely than 2, but girls are extremely weird about that type of thing and often don't look at it with any level of logic. Personally, I'd just stop sending stuff to her, and only reply when she sends you stuff first. That'll get to the bottom of it pretty damn quick.
>>
having spoken to a lot of women, I can say this with confidence:

she is using you emotionally. If you understand this, and use her as well, it can be a healthy, beneficial relationship, but don't ever expect anything more than that.
>>
>>35447477
It felt weird counting our conversations and seeing who started them each time, but it's almost always her. I hardly ever message first. She never has any obligation to talk to me but she's always the one who will message first after a long while of radio silence.
I always make sure I'm not replying stupidly fast and show about the same engagement in an exchange as she is, minus the weird days-without-replying bit.

Occasionally, though, I'll say something and she'll completely ignore it. She'll continue on the conversation completely skipping over what I said. I'm not really sure how to give an example of this but it's certainly not an "I'll just pretend you didn't say that" situation. It's just ignoring some of the things I say for no discernible reason.

Idunno. I like her a lot as a person to be friends with but she's so frustrating to talk to because of this. It's very strange and I really don't think she's blatantly ignoring me.
>>
>>35447630
That did cross my mind, but most of our convos are just about news related to games we like or interests we hold. Super casual shit. There's no reason to use me for that, right?
Thread posts: 5
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.