[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Interesting hobbies for Robots since you don't have GF's

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 119
Thread images: 30

File: MoreBlackBerrySweetMead.png (426KB, 451x468px) Image search: [Google]
MoreBlackBerrySweetMead.png
426KB, 451x468px
Just wanted a thread for the robots that put more effort into their hobbies than crying about not having a GF. I like to make alcohol, this one is my finished batch of black berry sweet mead. I just took this pic last night and I'm super happy with it. It's at 16% alcohol and smells amazing.
>>
That sounds really good OP

I'm boring, I mostly like cycling because it's a good thing to do in solitude and the health benefits make me feel better on the day-to-day, and also studying Japanese like the faggot weeb I am
>>
>tfw can't enjoy anything but sitting at my computer because any outside hobby involves seeing lots of happy couples who just have to rub it into your face
>>
>>35447287
how 2 do this?

make any other kinds of booze? I've seen kitchen stills, but they were fairly expensive and I don't know really anything about them.
>>
i like to work on cars and motorcycles but i dont own a car or motorcycle

or have a job
>>
File: hissss.jpg (15KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hissss.jpg
15KB, 480x360px
I keep snakes.
Right now I'm setting up an enclosure for either a sumatran or malaysian short-tail python
>>
>>35447327
>studying Japanese like the faggot weeb I am

kek and good for improving yourself.
>>
Origami is the perfect robot hobby.

>few girls
>few normies
>extremely steep learning curve
>solitary yet comfy
>>
File: 20170225_125944.jpg (874KB, 1439x1080px) Image search: [Google]
20170225_125944.jpg
874KB, 1439x1080px
>>35447327
post your bicycle.
>>
>>35447358
>how 2 do this?

You'll need a glass carboy for the fermentation, honey (actual farmers honey not walmart shit), brewers yeast (you can use bakers yeast but that's prison hooch), add a flavor that you want (for this one I used 5 lb of black berries), then you wait for about 2 months rack the mead so the yeast is out if it and bottle it. It's more complicated then that but that's about the jist. I also make wines and soon I'll be making beers. i want to get a license so I can make rum and vodka
>>
>>35447287
nice. i've made my own elderflower wine in the past which has been v nice. tried mead once but it didn't turn out so good.
i sometimes go fishing with a friend. and i like to play on my decks. got a pioneer wego at the moment. going to set it up later and have a play.
>>
>>35447384
The fuck is wrong with its eye?
>>
File: That'sNice.jpg (12KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
That'sNice.jpg
12KB, 400x400px
>>35447378
Then what the fuck is your hobby?
>>
>>35447495
that is the hobby, if people want their cars fixed they come to me and ill do it for them.
>>
I'm Russian, so there is not a lot of options. I'm trying to learn English right now. Perfect thing for a fucktard like me, amirite?
>>
>>35447287
Collecting is a pretty good robot hobby. Doesn't even particularly matter what, so long as it isn't super weird, like smutty little anime girl figures. Something that can be mentioned in polite company.
>>
>>35447484
Nothing. The genes that control the color of a snakes eyes and scales are different.
I think it's cool
>>
>>35447472
Neat, mead just takes more time to ferment and age than wines and beers. Also that's pretty neat, how often do you use it and can you make money off it?
>>
>>35447504
You're Russian and you understand American cultural speak i.e. amirite?
>>
>>35447287
I'd like to take up distilling but I know I'll become an alcoholic if I do. And I have no friends so I'd just be making liquor to drink it alone.
I want to get into hot pepper gardening but my current apartment faces north. Lately I've been baking a lot of breads trying to get the perfect artisan loaf, it's pretty comfy
>>
File: bike.jpg (1MB, 1920x1440px) Image search: [Google]
bike.jpg
1MB, 1920x1440px
>>35447433
Specialized Allez Sport, had some better shots but on my old phone with potato camera.
>>
File: 1454986457842.jpg (53KB, 476x356px) Image search: [Google]
1454986457842.jpg
53KB, 476x356px
>>35447503
But you don't charge them?
>>
File: download (13).jpg (5KB, 229x221px) Image search: [Google]
download (13).jpg
5KB, 229x221px
>>35447287
I just started a batch of buckwheat honey Mead. I also keep my own bees as a source for honey.
It's maximum comfy.
>>
>>35447596
they paid me in letting me enjoy working on their car
>>
File: DatMead(2).png (645KB, 595x536px) Image search: [Google]
DatMead(2).png
645KB, 595x536px
This was another batch I made about half a year ago, it's an apple cyser mead. Shit's bomb as fuck.
>>
>>35447287
Mead is babby's first brew. Try something more complex next time like all grain beer.
>>
>>35447600
have you ever wanted to fuck a bee?
>>
>>35447582
Stop taking crappy hipster photos.
Get closer to the thing so people can see it better.
>>
File: My_Mead.png (678KB, 787x572px) Image search: [Google]
My_Mead.png
678KB, 787x572px
>>35447600
You practical sum'bitch, good on you anon. How long have you been making meads and do you sell them at all?
>>
>>35447557
Well, there's a lot of strange shit in my language, too. For example - sometimes we write g-d, instead of god, because it's a pretty triggering theme around here. And since my granny was a UN member, she gifted me with books about american folklore, for example. So, it's almost self-explanatory for me, in both languages, i guess.
>>
>>35447636
This anon knows, is it the water or the bike I'm supposed to be looking at?
>>
>>35447463
how expensive is it? another reason I've been considering it, is I spend an insane amount of cash on booze.
>>
i'm a boring, my hobbies are limited to my computer, not sure what else i'd like to do
>>
File: 20170217_151733.jpg (418KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
20170217_151733.jpg
418KB, 1920x1080px
>>35447739
Get a snake.
They're excellent
>>
>>35447687
Thing is you can't read culture from a book, you experience it and practice it. You're clearly practicing it so It's somewhat hard to believe you're Russian, you might have Russian in you but I don't think you're Russian. If you are Russian then my bad but from the way you type it seems hard to believe.
>>
>>35447636
>>35447694
Jeez, it was just a pic I took to remember somewhere I had been, not specifically to show off the bike. Trust it's better than the picture I could take right now in the corner of my poorly lit shithole bachelor apartment
>>
File: 1461413593088.png (171KB, 776x776px) Image search: [Google]
1461413593088.png
171KB, 776x776px
I like burning things and starting fires. I also enjoy heavy alcohol and I like traveling. Im going to papua new guinea in a month cant wait
>>
>>35447764
He's Russian.
>she gifted me with
Isn't common in native speakers.
>>
>>35447726
Not OP but it's pretty cheap I make beers for less than a dollar per 12oz, even cheaper if I just drink from the keg. The equipment can be kinda expensive and the learning curve is somewhat steep so you'll have to lose money on that first.

You also need a strong will to continue through mistakes and not lose motivation, but once you have it down it's cheap.
>>
My hobby and career is robotics.

I'm a robot that builds robots.
>>
File: SweetMadisonBlack.png (282KB, 290x564px) Image search: [Google]
SweetMadisonBlack.png
282KB, 290x564px
>>35447726
Well the most expensive thing is the honey, I spend about $45 trump bucks on 12lb of honey. You can make Kilju which is a Finnish alcohol that's made by young kids purely for its alcohol content but it will taste like pure ethanol. All in all it's exceedingly cheaper to make your own alcohol than it its to buy it. My batch of 25 750 ml bottles costed me about $55 to make and it's bomb as fuck.
>>
File: 0420161511a.jpg (442KB, 2560x1920px) Image search: [Google]
0420161511a.jpg
442KB, 2560x1920px
>>35447792
Post that one. Even if it's poorly lit, at least it's still the bike
Have a bad old photo
>>
>>35447792
Then you should do that anon. lest you want to be called hipster faggot again.
>>
>>35447634
I let them sting my ballsack on a regular basis
>>
File: Finished Apple Cyser Mead.png (305KB, 269x610px) Image search: [Google]
Finished Apple Cyser Mead.png
305KB, 269x610px
>>35447815
You're right, it's kind of disappointing to make a batch that's fucked up but you have to keep going. First time I fucked up and left the yeast inside and didn't rack it so I ended up with yeast in the final product.
>>
>>35447905
wow you must have swollen nuts dude
>>
>>35447655
I started a year ago and no I never bothered to sell, I just store them all and slowly drink them. When I get invited places I always bring 5-10 bottles my own Mead or wine.
>>
I mainly just read (/lit/ is second most used board). Considering learning Russian, I'd say I'm low conversational in French
>>
>>35447764
Well, i don't know if your message was a correction or not, but thank you anyways. To make matters worse, i'm 16 and most of my learning experience comes from anime, reading (as i've mentioned earlier), and watching political channels on youtube/TV.
>>
File: 20170311_104718.jpg (896KB, 1284x1302px) Image search: [Google]
20170311_104718.jpg
896KB, 1284x1302px
>>35447463

I've gotten along just fine with PET carboys, $6 at Walmart. I just have to watch the sneaky fucks because they try to trick me with the lesser plastics. If it's something fast I just go all the way through with an HDPE bucket though. I wouldn't discount supermarket honeys though. I've gotten some nice local stuff from Kroger before. As long as it looks dirty it should be good.

I bottled an apple beer last night, about 6%abv, 1.012 residual. I just did a 2gallon partial mash with lots of Munich and then topped up the fermenter with Apple juice. I like whole foods because it smells great and I get a 1gal jug for future test batches. I'm still waiting on a slow as fuck lemon and cranberry wine using sucrose as main sugar and a hibiscus wine that is also sucrose. Wines used ec1118 and beer was safale05 yeasts.

One of these days I'll stop being lazy and start cold storing yeast. At $4 for dry beer is too expensive, and wine isn't much better at $1.

Op is right though, alcohol is a very fun hobby. Lots of chemistry and microbiology to read on so you never get bored, but the entry barrier couldn't be any lower. I enjoy sperging out with it but I've made a point to show how easy it is. Welches grape juice, a little tea, a little sour, maybe sugar, and red star bread yeast. It's certainly not top quality stuff but it at least beats franzia and whatever that 1gal jug wine brand is. It's usually enough to convince people to get in and make something with proper yeast.

I'd like to see more people play with rice. Sake is a pain in the ass but the Chinese way is easy as fuck. Add some chrysanthemum or whatever else you see at the chink store for secondary and it's great. You certainly wouldn't know it's 18%abv unless told or you hit the floor. Scary good stuff.
>>
>>35447287
Homebrewing sounds cool, anywjere to get equipment? I wanted to get into reloading, but canada.

Currently my hobby is anhedonia, everything is black and white and its fun i guess
>>
>>35447526
i left it 6 month then had a bit and it was nice, but next time i had some it was awful.
i only go on them every now and again. not good enough to make money just do it for myself
>>
>>35447835

I've done kilju before. About a handful of raisins for nutrients, 50g-ish citric acid, water, and 10lbs or so sugar topped with 5gal water. It tastes about nice as you expect but it was fun just for shits and giggles. Stabilize and add 6cups of sugar and whatever kool-aid packets are on hand to really up the trash factor. It's actually drinkable this way too.

Tastes like a wine cooler only it's 6 times more alcohol. Good for tailgating when you don't like them enough to bring the good stuff. It's not worth bottling though. Keg it and tell them to fill their own bottles because it's getting dumped when you get home. One girl actually filled up three 20oz bottles when I said that so it can't be that bad.
>>
>>35447634
no, i heard its hip tho
>>
>>35447600
Whas thinking of learning how to beekeep, but too anhedonic, plus trapped in work now

>should get a hobby
>nothing motivates me
>cant anyways because work 10hrs 7 days a week

Such is life
>>
>>35448224
>10 hours 7 days a week

my man, what are you doing?
>>
>>35448299
Helping my dad with his carpentry
We have a contract for 16000 shelves
>>
I collect dog tags from the military personnel I hook up with. They usually have a spare they're willing to give me as a souvenir.
>>
>>35448140
I live in Washington so we have brewing supply stores around here that I go to. All the micro brewery faggots go there and so do I.
>>
>>35448140
5 gallon buckets from Craigslist are like $1/ea, $5 at Walmart or hardware store. Make sure it's food grade but there's not much difference, look for HDPE and if it's used make sure it wasn't used to hold something nasty like poop, soap, anthrax, or pickles. For airlock you can use plastic cling wrap. I built a siphon with vinyl tubing and a nylon tee. Suck on the short end and once it's out enough clamp the suck end and you can bottle.

That's it on a shoestring budget. Try to at least get a proper wine yeast. Any champagne yeast is good. If you're cheap you can reuse as long as you're clean. Sanitizing can be done with heat or bleach but it's way easier if you can spare $10 for a no rinse acid sanitizer like starsan. For recipes just make something up. Head to the juice aisle and grab whatever is with preservatives, ascorbic acid is fine though. You can math out the g/L of sugar and make up the difference with table sugar or corn syrup. Just use any of the potential alcohol, brix, etc. calculators online. Unless it's absolutely undrinkable you should keep it a year or two. I've been amazed at how good disgusting swill can get with just a few months time. A lot of guys started with a simple beer extract kit, edwort's apfelwein, or Skeeter Pee/Dragon's blood. If you do mead try Joe's ancient orange mead, just ignore his shitty advice on yeast. Use any yeast besides what he suggests and it will be good.

Its a piss easy hobby, the toys are just for fun. The juice actually wants to be alcohol. It's not mere coincidence that every civilization came across the phenomena.
>>
>>35447287
>mfw I brew kombucha
>>
>>35447815
>>35447835
I'm more interested in making fruity mead like in the OP and then branching out to other things.. Not interested in making just for the alcohol %, would probably be shooting for ~12%.

$55 for 25 bottles is pretty good I think. that would last me around a month and I drop probably $100/wk on beer right now. I'll look into it. where is the best place to get recipies and buy a setup? not going to bother with making a ghetto rig
>>
>>35448041
I'm not fond of plastic carboys since it can give the alcohol an off flavor. I'll do primary fermentation in plastic but after a month I always switch it to glass. I also like to use apples juice, one batch I made I didn't even use water, I just used apple juice and honey. That was one of my favorite meads I've made to date. It's somewhat more costly since I made 5 gallons of it but was totally worth with.
>>
>>35448170
> It tastes about nice as you expect but it was fun just for shits and giggles.

When you're a kid and just want alcohol then you do this.
>>
I started painting miniatures about a month ago. I've only got 5 done and they look like shit but it's kind of fun.
>>
>>35448331
That's cool. Wood working seems like a neat skill to get into.
>>
>>35448450

What's your budget? If you really spend that much then I imagine you have a decent amount to get started.

Get two or three carboys, some buckets, a racking cane and hose, hydrometer, cleaner like pbw, sanitizer like starsan, whatever chemicals catch you eye(acids, sorbate, metabisulfite, bentonite, sparkolloid, yeast nutrient, etc.). If you keg and only do wines use argon or nitrogen. This needs a gas tank, regulator, possibly a manifold if multiple kegs, and lines for gas and liquid on the kegs, and taps. I don't have much suggestions there, you can ghetto it with a cooler chest or go custom built modifying a deep freezer and lots in between. If bottling get bottles and the biggest baddest expensivest corker there is. I got a Ferrari Italian floor champagne corker with bell for American and yurocuck crown caps. A cheap corker or capper is shit. A scale or two is nice to have. One for up to 20lbs, and another for milligram ranges.

For recipes use Google. Gotmead, homebrewtalk, winemakingtalk, or just buy kits. For stores use Google too. There has to be a homebrew store somewhere near you. If not order online from a homebrew store or even amazon and eBay. Shipping is brutal on glass and steel, but sometimes you don't save much or any going local. It can be cheap but it's more fun when it isn't.

Just make a few batches and you'll find out what else you need depending on your style. Nylon or polyester bags for straining fruit press for juicing, incubator for Koji lagering chamber for beer, there's no end to the specialty toys, but what I mentioned is plenty to start and a better setup than many mid tier winemakers using.
>>
>>35448493

I may not be sensitive enough to notice much difference, but I don't do meads or bulk aging either. It will spend maybe 3 weeks in primary and up to 6 in secondary depending on how lazy I am. I like fining agents because fuck waiting for it to clear on gravity alone. I'm always afraid of dropping my glass ones which is why I'm leaning towards PET.

Brulosophy did an experiment on glass vs PET and even though we all know there's supposed to be no difference, some subjects could reliably tell which is which. That was a surprise because I'd always believed there's no difference. I'm not sure what could be responsible for it, but I'd like to see it looked into more. Oxygen difference should be negligible because of the bung and racking introducing so much.

I use a lot of apple juice too. How long did it need to age? I'm wanting to try a mead and figured cyser as good a place as any to start. Would you suggest a proper mead yeast or will a white wine be good?

>>35448516

Not necessarily, it's also for curiosity or shits and giggles. The sugar and kool-aid makes something drinkable that is good for tailgating, like my post mentioned. You won't fool a sommelier with it, but that was never the point. If I'm going to be pretentious it's with something like my IPAs. Wine is supposed to be fun and trashy.
>>
File: BEzeC5g.jpg (794KB, 1920x1282px) Image search: [Google]
BEzeC5g.jpg
794KB, 1920x1282px
Mountaineering. Gets me a shitload of chicks since I live in a big city where it's not common. Constraints:

> must live near mountains
> must have job to afford travel and gear. costs less than you think though, buy used stuff and wait for sales. if you're REALLY dedicated, you can start making your gear, mainly clothes
> must really like it. takes a lot of commitment, physical training, etc.

Then you get photos like pic related which make girls' jaws drop. OMG WHERE WERE YOU TAKEN? A lot of smart girls are just fucking bored. They go to clubs and pretend to enjoy it but they're quietly DESPERATE to break from the monotony of city life. They just don't know how, or where to go. If you make yourself some adventure dude, you know how to escape.
>>
File: 1486848528341.png (260KB, 600x780px) Image search: [Google]
1486848528341.png
260KB, 600x780px
>>35447287
I collect qt anime girls
>>
>>35447617
How do you do it anon? I want to learn how
>>
I like to sleep, eat, browse the internet and look out the window.
>>
>>35449238

Apple juice, 1 or 2lbs honey/gallon, yeast. Should come out at 10-15%abv.
>>
>>35448037
>To make matters worse, i'm 16 and most of my learning experience comes from anime, reading (as i've mentioned earlier), and watching political channels on youtube/TV.
>To make matters worse, i'm 16
reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
>>
File: 4535123712340_0.jpg (24KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
4535123712340_0.jpg
24KB, 600x600px
I like to collect figures. Pic related is my pride and joy. Recently just paid just over 200 for her.
>>
File: 20160428_162753_4_bestshot-min.jpg (950KB, 4128x2322px) Image search: [Google]
20160428_162753_4_bestshot-min.jpg
950KB, 4128x2322px
>>35447287
I make cassette tapes for old video game soundtracks and movie/TV props. I sold a set of tapes featuring the character audio logs from Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker to an anon from /mu/ and got a tidy hundred and fifty bucks for them, but I haven't sold any others and I'm apprehensive to because of copyright implications.

It's mostly just a creative exercise, I'm not doing it with money in mind. Other ones I'm working on:
>soundtrack to the game Snatcher for the MSX
>The Dude's bowling sounds/bob dylan mixtape from the Big Lebowski
>Can I Borrow a Feeling by Kirkby Van Houten
>Wirt's poetry and clarinet tape from Over the Garden Wall
>>
>>35449557
>Kirkby Van Houten
kek

kirk van houten obviously, dumbass typo
>>
I program and I just started building circuits with Arduino. I'm currently making an RGB mood lamp.
>>
>>35447327
>>35447433
My negros. Long distance biking is comfy as fuck. I usually disappear to another country for a couple months or so at a time. I usually keep costs done by camping outside and cooking my own meals, I'd highly recommend it to anyone who wants to try living day by day.

>>35449072
How do you even get into mountaineering to begin with. I'm looking to move out by the Rockies in the next year or so I thought it might be fun to take up.
>>
Since it's Christmas time again and everybody is enjoying the holiday festivities, we here at the Neptune household like to keep it traditional when it comes to hobbies to keep us occupied...

Of course Wendy enjoys her favorite hobby, hanging the Garland on the Neptune Christmas tree as (I bark out orders at her telling her she's doing it wrong), slaving away over the stove making the traditional holiday sun-dried frog segments, and gently buffing and polishing my mistletoe belt buckle with her hair and whatever conditioner might be on it...

Thank God last year I added the flashing green and red LED downward-pointing Arrow to my mistletoe belt buckle....

What hobbies are the rest of you doing now that the holidays are here?
>>
>>35449557
Most autistic hobby in the thread. Whatever makes you happy though. You should try to do this on eBay and just stop when you get Cease and Desist'd
>>
>>35449648
I've never seen anybody become a mountaineer during Christmas, because that shows a great deal of disrespect to our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ

I find it sacrilegious of you to beseech the holiday season with your mountaineering Concepts, and try to ruin the rest of our holiday cheer....

From what I understand the best place to introduce your self to mountaineering is in the basement level of a skyscraper in the middle of a large city

Perhaps you can find the cafeteria or a men's room on the basement level somewhere in your town and begin your mountaineering career

I just can't believe you're going to ruin Christmas with it

You pretty much just ruined my Christmas

Thanks a lot asshole
>>
File: fefe.jpg (45KB, 450x470px) Image search: [Google]
fefe.jpg
45KB, 450x470px
>>35449604
Programming isn't a hobby, it is a certification that you're a motherfucking loser and will never, ever be happy with your life or with you work

tfw fell for the STEM meme
>>
File: 1488671805579.png (612KB, 722x1759px) Image search: [Google]
1488671805579.png
612KB, 722x1759px
>>35449897
Ha-ha! Well said, friend! Hahaha! Have an upvote for le epic novelty account xDxDxDxDDDDDDDDD
>>
>>35449648
Admit it... The reason long-distance biking is so Heavenly to you is pick the way that bicycle seat feels up against your rectum for such long periods of time

Dude you should ask your boyfriend to pretend like he's a bicycle seat for Christmas and take you down forty miles of Bad Road
>>
>mead
get a load of old moneybags over here who can afford gallons of honey

hard apple cider is the true patrician's drink to homebrew
>>
>>35449924
This time of year I always like to gather around an open fire with several stray animals and teach them how to write simple code

Last year an ironic inbred squirrel accidentally wrote its own modified bios rootkit, and hacked my Casio wristwatch

Anybody who knows anything about Christmas realizes my Casio wristwatch is the remote control to my flashing LED download pointing arrow on my mistletoe belt buckle

Can you imagine the disappointment at the eggnog and custard event?

Oh well I'm not going to let that happen this year

Tonight's going to be a Christmas Charles Dickens would envy

If he was a programmer
>>
>>35449959
There's an old song called Strange Brew

He reminds me a lot of you

At least the first syllable does

The 'brew' part not so much

What kind of holiday cider are you making tonight?
>>
I ride down shit like this real fast on a crap bike
>>
>>35449885
It's autism that earned me a hundred and fifty bucks for twenty bucks worth of materials, so it's autism I can deal with.

Plus it lets me practice my graphic design skills and shit, so it's not like it's a worthless exercise.
>>
File: Skilled Writer.png (310KB, 1003x814px) Image search: [Google]
Skilled Writer.png
310KB, 1003x814px
>>35447351

hello elliot

originally
>>
Hey guys... I'm not trying to be an asshole or anything.

But you guys don't seem to have much holiday spirit right now

bah humbug seems to be the theme this Christmas right?

What is wrong with you guys? Don't tell me you're all Jewish
>>
File: IMG_0578.jpg (210KB, 640x639px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0578.jpg
210KB, 640x639px
>>35447384
Nice. My Borneo short tail approves
>>
How do I get motivation to do something, anything?
>>
File: Oak.jpg (71KB, 678x486px) Image search: [Google]
Oak.jpg
71KB, 678x486px
>>35447607

u r orignally autistic, my friend
>>
>>35447836
Just a normal ole pet shot red tail?
>>
Video games, film, overeating, crying about being a fat loser.
>>
>>35449959

Its not as expensive if you can get in touch with the beekeepers. $5/lb isn't unheard of. Lemon wine is faster than apple. Cider taste like unless you give it 6+months or keep abv low. Do you doctor the juice any or just sprinkle yeast on it?
>>
>>35447764

Agreed

> there's a lot of strange shit (should say there are, because subject is pleural)

> ,too (unnecessary comma, "too" is not a subjective clause)

> actually you do above again in your second sentence with "Instead of god"

> And since my granny was a UN member (HERE is where you use those commas to set of the subjective clause, should be "And, since my granny was a UN member," you have the second commas but not the first)

Thot I'd give you some tips on the grammar since you like to use punctuation unlike most native english speakers
>>
>>35447287
I guess guns are a good hobby because they can consume a lot of time and are sort of useful
>>
>>35449885
>creativity
>autism
pick one
anon's clearly a hipster fuck but autism is a bit far
>>
>>35450265
>Its not as expensive if you can get in touch with the beekeepers. $5/lb isn't unheard of.
Still way too expensive.

>Lemon wine
Have a recipe you're willing to share?

>Cider taste like unless you give it 6+months or keep abv low.
That's not true at all. The biggest contributor to flavor is the yeast. Use a good yeast and give it lots of nutrient (as much as 2x the package instructions, because apples don't have a lot of what cultured yeasts crave...or flip a coin and use wild yeasts from the apple). Sweet cider/apple wine will also taste much better young than its dry counterparts. But if you make some kind of meme cider like EdWort's then yes, you have to age it like wine.

>Do you doctor the juice any or just sprinkle yeast on it?
The juice should have some things added, definitely yeast nutrient and energizer (both are cheap as fuck), and pectic enzyme. You can experiment with wine tannin and acid blend (or adding citrus or something), but most cider people are really beer people in disguise, and so they aren't really interested in complex wine-like flavor anyway. If you're a beer person, look into graff, you'll love it.

For yeast, follow the instructions. For dry yeast that usually means rehydrating in ~100F water. Let it cool to the temperature of the must before pitching. If you're working with something highly acidic (like blueberries), you can help acclimate the yeast by slowly (over the course of a few hours) adding a bit of the must to the yeast "starter", before pitching say 6 hours later.
>>
File: I Have A Nightmare.jpg (53KB, 602x392px) Image search: [Google]
I Have A Nightmare.jpg
53KB, 602x392px
>>35450476

I am ham radio fuggit here

But too poor to afford proper rx or tx

fugg muh lufe
>>
>>35449545
That's a wonderful hobby

So will be menstruating

You'll love it

I suppose

Right ?
>>
>>35450145
I struggle with this too. I think starting is the hardest part. You just have to go in with the mindset that even if you suck, it'll be valuable experience and you'll learn something.
>>
>>35450502
CURE FOR YOUR DISEASE

Drink a can of get off your lazy fucking ass
>>
File: No Osama.jpg (37KB, 485x366px) Image search: [Google]
No Osama.jpg
37KB, 485x366px
>>35450619

4th yr med student

not lazy, just poor from beign 27 and not being able to have a job bc school/studying/taking tests for nearly 3 decades

call me dumb for falling for le doctor meme, but i'm not lazy
>>
>>35447582
How much does a decent road bike cost? Thinking it'd be good for transportation and exercise. I'm sick of my car, it costs too much.
>>
This Thread has literally ruined my entire Christmas

Thanks a lot you heartless bastards
>>
>>35449557
This is really cool. You could totally sell these at cons or something.
>>
>>35449648
How are you able to travel for so long and miss work?
I'd like to quit my job in another year and do something similar, gonna try to live cheaply in Europe for awhile.
>>
Any advice for finding a hobby? I don't do anything right now other than reading, movies, music/podcasts, and vidya.
I got into going to a climbing gym for awhile but the friend I went with stopped going and I'm too nervous to go alone and find a partner.
>>
File: IMG_20170311_145614.jpg (1MB, 3703x2736px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170311_145614.jpg
1MB, 3703x2736px
>>35447287
I like hiking. I want to plan on going camping soon too.
Pic is my backpack with hydration pack, knife sunglasses, and hopefully I'll find a good opportunity to use that stainless steel french press. The entire box is covered in some different language which I mistrust greatly but it can't be too bad. I bought the knife and french press from REI just to use enough money to get free $20 and a membership. That shits expensive but I like it too much.
One day I'll have saved enough to get myself a kayak I friggen love kayaking. Good memories with my grandfather.
>>
>>35450476

That must be my problem, I never stray far from edwort's recipe when I do it. I used ec1118 and must be too light on the nutrients. What's your favorite cider yeast? It's funny you mention Graf because I just bottled my first batch yesterday. I look forward to it after conditioning.

For lemon wine I just use the Skeeter Pee recipe. Something like 3qt lemon juice, 8lbs sugar, pectinase, sparkolloid, nutes, energizer, and a yeast slurry from whatever your last batch was. If no slurry then you need a big starter because the acidity makes it tough to start.
>>
>>35450676
A new Road bike without all the bells and whistles like carbon or a good groupo will run you about $700 bucks, and will go up from there.

As long as you know how to turn a wrench and maintain your bike, you could also buy an older decent bike for less and just fix it up. The bike I currently commute on is a 1985 Fuji del Rey that runs great after I overhauled the hubs/bb/etc and cost me in total about $300, and most of that went to new parts like tires, panniers, and fenders.
>>
>>35449072
>buying used fucking anything when it comes to climbing

Good one anon.
>>
I like to ride my motorcycle on trails and then work on it all day because it breaks at least once every other time I take it out innawoods
>>
I would really like to do some metal and woodworking, but I don't really have a good track record with hobbies.
>tfw have a $300 keyboard that I haven't touched in two years
>>
>>35450162
I had a friend like that in college. He would always fix my car for free because he enjoyed working with different kinds of cars.

But I had a stereo hobby thing and I'd help him with his stereo equipment for free... so i guess we kinda helped each other.
Thread posts: 119
Thread images: 30

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.